Is Syria, America's next intervention?

Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET 2011/12/25 02:43:16

The Muslim Brotherhood is denying responsibility for twin suicide blasts on Friday that took the lives of 44 people in Damascus, alleging that the Syrian government was behind them.

On Saturday, a website claiming to represent the Muslim Brotherhood had posted a message claiming responsibility for the attacks.

The message read: "One of our victorious Sunni brigades was able to target the state security building in Kfar Suseh in the heart of the Omayyad capital Damascus, in a successful operation carried out by four of our kamikazes drawn from the best of our glorious men, leaving many from the ranks of the Assad gangs dead or wounded.” The website was later shut down.

The Muslim Brotherhood insists the website was set up by the Syrian government in an effort to divert blame. Muslim Brotherhood spokesman Zuhair Salem told Agence France Presse that the website was “completely fabricated in our name,” maintaining that Friday’s attacks were orchestrated by the Syrian government.

The blasts occurred next to a state security headquarters, leaving 44 dead and 166 wounded on the same day an Arab League delegation came to Syria to monitor the country's compliance with its peace plan. The proposal calls for an end to attacks, the withdrawal of troops from city streets, and the release of detained protesters. Observers visited the blast sites, and are set to meet Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Muallem.

Meanwhile, mourners came out for a mass funeral ceremony on Saturday. They voiced their support for Bashar al-Assad, accusing and denouncing the United States and its allies for interfering in Syria. The mourners chanted: “We sacrifice our souls and blood for you, Bashar,” and other pro-regime and anti-opposition slogans.

The United States and its allies have been calling for an arms embargo against Syria, which Russia opposes on the grounds that it could bring a repetition of the Libyan scenario, with the government being unable to fight off an armed, Western-funded opposition.

Despite reports that over 2,000 government troops have been killed since the conflict began in March, the United States and its allies continue to focus blame on the Assad regime. However, Russia has put forth a draft resolution to the UN Security Council including a clause proposing that the Syrian opposition officially share responsibility for the violence.

Meanwhile, the opposition claims 5,000 people have been killed since the conflict began in March, alleging more than 250 civilian deaths this week alone. However, many analysts are doubtful as to whether the figures are accurate, The Syrian opposition says 5,000 have been killed during a nine-month crackdown, with more than 250 civilians killed in two last days alone, calling for UN protection from “acts of genocide.” But researchers say the information is tough to verify.

RT spoke with Julie Levesque from the Center for Research on Globalization, who says the most significant problem with the figures from Syria is that, simply, “we do not know where they come from.

I've discovered that it mostly comes from one group, which is a local coordination committee in Syria. We do not know who these people are,” she said.

We do not know who has been killed, and we do not know who has killed them. There are 17,000 armed men, according to a report from the Institute for Strategic Studies, which is based in London,” the researcher further explained.

Levesque also said that verification is difficult because the opposition does not provide names to support their claims, and even the UN admits the information is hard to vouch for.

All we hear is that government forces are cracking down on peaceful protesters. And if there are 17 thousand armed men among the protesters, they are no longer peaceful protests.

Syrian authorities also claim over 2,000 troops have been killed since uprisings began in mid-March. But, Levesque says, authorities have provided a list of names of those killed.

http://rt.com/news/syria-unrest-casualties-reports-469/

NO NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL INSULTS; I WANT THIS TO BE A INFORMATIVE DEBATE! IF YOU CANT RESPECT MY WISHES, YOU WILL BE BLOCKED!

• Doc. J 2011/12/25 03:09:47
    Doc. J
    +4
    God, I hope not.
    If we keep "exporting democracy" we're not going to have any of our own left...

• Bocephus 2012/03/21 16:53:23 (edited)
  • CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2011/12/26 23:15:17
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I doubt it. The time to act is past. It's time to let people free themselves.
  • GhostRyder~PWCM~JLA 2011/12/26 05:34:24
    GhostRyder~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    The suicide bomb events do not fit the Muslim Brotherhood profile, while it does fit the Syrian government, which has been killing it's own people for months. as far as intervention is concerned, I certainly hope NOT! But, if there was, my money would be on Iran.
  • Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2011/12/25 15:51:21
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +2
    Quite frankly, I'm surprised we haven't invaded already. It's simply the nature of our despotic leadership to interfere with other nations and cultures, all because we have the arrogance to think our supposed interests and way of life are more important than anyone else's. We as a nation should be ashamed of our unfaltering arrogance.
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2011/12/25 13:18:39
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    We have already provide our Al Qaeda friends (from Libya) to run this op. If you were wondering where all the arms looted from Army stores in Libya went, look no further than this, our next war.
    Of course, Iran will be invaded as well, but who's counting?
  • irish 2011/12/25 11:51:39
    irish
    +2
    yes,isn't it on the plan for the take over of the middle east? they flew the same al qaida sicko's from libya to syria weeks ago.
  • DefendnProtect 2011/12/25 09:15:19
    DefendnProtect
    +2
    The West should trade and do diplomacy with them. Nobody wants US boots on the ground there.
  • DoxieDad 2011/12/25 05:12:18
    DoxieDad
    +2
    Absolutely Not. This country has had fill enough of war, death and the cost we can no longer afford.
  • Doc. J 2011/12/25 03:09:47
    Doc. J
    +4
    God, I hope not.
  • Latti I... Doc. J 2011/12/25 03:12:01
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +3
    I agree Doc.
  • WannaBe... Latti I... 2011/12/25 13:25:18
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    Latrice, if I may piggy back, would you please ask Doc to reciprocate an "unblock" my way, for I really would like to rave this answer. It is so dead on. Thanks. :-)
  • Latti I... WannaBe... 2011/12/25 20:07:37
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    Ok W ;-)
  • Latti I... Doc. J 2011/12/25 20:08:34
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    WannabeRSC, would like to be unblocked, so he can rave your answer.
  • Doc. J Latti I... 2011/12/25 21:49:26
  • WannaBe... Doc. J 2011/12/26 06:18:43
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +2
    Bulls eye. I like how you put it in parentheses. "Exporting democracy". Dovetails with a discussions occurring elsewhere, republic verses democracy.
    Kudos!
  • Pedro Doller ~Inc. 2011/12/25 03:02:39
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +3
    Al Quida has been flown in from Libya, US special forces are amassing on it's Jordanian boarder, Yes I would say so.

Another domino in the Proxy war with China. Syria's oil industry is run by a consortium of companies of which China National Petroleum Company is part of.
  • Latti I... Pedro D... 2011/12/25 03:08:30
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +3
    Bingo, America and a few other European countries want power over Iran, Syria and Afghanistan; so they can have the upper hand over China. Right now China has the upper hand and has bought up our debt; now they seek to buy up some of the European Union debt.

• Pedro D... Latti I... 2011/12/25 03:28:19
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +3
    China is no longer buying much US debt. What they have done is bought mineral rights and signed long term agreements for oil, minerals and other natural resources around the world. If you want to know where there is a war, or where there is going to be one, just follow China's supply chain. Now the Middle East and Africa, next maybe Iran, Venezuela, then Argentina and Brazil. These wars have to be fought covertly as we are too dependent on China for all our manufactured goods. China is doing cyber warfare with the US and rapidly building it's military, space program and navy. Someday, when it gets too out of hand and China figures it's Military is up to speed, it will morph into a direct war.

This policy was first established under the Carter admin by Brzezinski, and have been furthered by every administration since. The Grand Chessboard is the master plan..
  • Doc. J Pedro D... 2011/12/25 03:17:12
    Doc. J
    +1
    Uh.....the Special Forces do NOT "amass" anywhere.

They are NOT regular forces that rely on weight of numbers to do what they do, and what they do is NOT the same thing that regular forces do.....hence the whole "Special" part of the description.
    I don't know where you got that crock of sh*t, but it's so wrong as to be comical.
  • Pedro D... Doc. J 2011/12/25 03:37:09
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +2
    Sorry, wrong word, lets say deployed.

It's all over the internet, take your pick as to the source.

http://www.google.com/search?...
  • Doc. J Pedro D... 2011/12/25 04:14:36
    Doc. J
    +1
    No, they are there. (and other places not talked about)
    But they do not "mass" anywhere. The Special Forces works in very small groups, that's why they are successful in what they do, they have a very small operational "footprint".
  • Pedro D... Doc. J 2011/12/25 04:18:50
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +2
    I know you are right, just a slip of the tounge. Thanks
  • Beccy 2011/12/25 02:54:31
    +4
    Another false flag event?
  • Latti I... Beccy 2011/12/25 02:58:14
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +5
    Yup, at the end of the video, before she was cut off; our funds (money) are supporting the Syrian regime. Getting rid of the current one, also does us no good, because the other two contenders are just as bad as the current regime.

2014/10/31 11:31:32