IS STEPHEN KING A MARXIST?

damnyoumaggot 2012/04/30 23:19:02
Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
Noooooooooo!
damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
Like something creeping and crawling it's way out of a horror novel, we are confronted with this spooky rant from master of macabre, Stephen King. The prolific writer/director/producer/columnist, took time to lend his wordsmithing mind, to the Daily Beast today, as he took on the Tea Party Movement and the fat, non-Santa Governor, of New Jersey, Chris Cristie. Possibly a insight into Mr King's mind, we learned that he is paying 28% of his income in taxes and wonders why, he's not paying 50%. He went on to tell us about rich people who, (and I quote) "would rather douse their dicks with lighter fluid, strike a match, and dance around singing “Disco Inferno” than pay one more cent in taxes to Uncle Sugar."

Speaking about charitable donations, King wrote that, "Most rich folks paying 28 percent taxes do not give out another 28 percent of their income to charity. Most rich folks like to keep their dough. They don’t strip their bank accounts and investment portfolios. They keep them and then pass them on to their children, their children’s children. And what they do give away is—like the monies my wife and I donate—totally at their own discretion. That’s the rich-guy philosophy in a nutshell: don’t tell us how to use our money; we’ll tell you."

We also learned that the "The Koch brothers are right-wing creepazoids", that "fresh bullshit" is " delivered by the right wing of the Republican Party" and that he, (King) owns two radio stations, that he's losing his shirt on. He even took the time to insult Southern States, stating " where the only unions people believe in are those solemnized at the altar of the local church (as long as they’re from different sexes, that is).

The diatribe which, comprises two online pages, ends with these two paragraphs. The next to the last paragraph of his "article" read like a fair share/class warfare/ wealth redistribution, campaign speech, and the last one ends with a warning about Occupy Wall Street.
-------

"I guess some of this mad right-wing love comes from the idea that in America, anyone can become a Rich Guy if he just works hard and saves his pennies. Mitt Romney has said, in effect, “I’m rich and I don’t apologize for it.” Nobody wants you to, Mitt. What some of us want—those who aren’t blinded by a lot of bullshit persiflage thrown up to mask the idea that rich folks want to keep their damn money—is for you to acknowledge that you couldn’t have made it in America without America. That you were fortunate enough to be born in a country where upward mobility is possible (a subject upon which Barack Obama can speak with the authority of experience), but where the channels making such upward mobility possible are being increasingly clogged. That it’s not fair to ask the middle class to assume a disproportionate amount of the tax burden. Not fair? It’s un-fucking-American is what it is. I don’t want you to apologize for being rich; I want you to acknowledge that in America, we all should have to pay our fair share. That our civics classes never taught us that being American means that—sorry, kiddies—you’re on your own. That those who have received much must be obligated to pay—not to give, not to “cut a check and shut up,” in Governor Christie’s words, but to pay—in the same proportion. That’s called stepping up and not whining about it. That’s called patriotism, a word the Tea Partiers love to throw around as long as it doesn’t cost their beloved rich folks any money.

This has to happen if America is to remain strong and true to its ideals. It’s a practical necessity and a moral imperative. Last year during the Occupy movement, the conservatives who oppose tax equality saw the first real ripples of discontent. Their response was either Marie Antoinette (“Let them eat cake”) or Ebenezer Scrooge (“Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?”). Short-sighted, gentlemen. Very short-sighted. If this situation isn’t fairly addressed, last year’s protests will just be the beginning. Scrooge changed his tune after the ghosts visited him. Marie Antoinette, on the other hand, lost her head.

Think about it. "

----------

I surmise that Mr. King, who earns $28 million a year and is estimated to have a net worth of $400 million is a Marxist, who has made his fortune, and is now quite comfortable with empowering his Government, to shut the door on the rest of us.

Although I think it sucks! that Stephen King is another idiot Marxist, I'd rather be miserable in the truth than ignorant to the facts of who and what he is.

So what say you? Is Stephen King, the King of creepy, a Marxist?

Read More: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04/30/s...

• KCurtis 2012/05/01 01:41:13
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    KCurtis
    +36
    He's just another martyr from Hollyweird. Here's a freaking thought Stephen, move to Venezuela where you can spread your wealth around and walk over the little people. The Government will reward you with riches, either that or fork over your additional voluntary Democratic pay off of an additional 30% of you income. You live in a Free Country where you can do that anytime.

• damnyou... Murph 65 2012/05/05 01:50:16
    damnyoumaggot
    +2
    Yeppers...
  • Mrs. ma... Murph 65 2012/05/05 21:11:27
  • Murph 65 Mrs. ma... 2012/05/05 22:50:11
    Murph 65
    +2
    I think life around the Maggot house must be pretty nice and a lot of fun. You guys have a great rest of the weekend. Am off to Vegas on Wed and have a job to finish so won't be here much.
  • damnyou... Mrs. ma... 2012/05/06 00:27:41
    damnyoumaggot
    +1
    If that were a Transformer, (Would?) It be called Nutshell?
  • Mrs. ma... damnyou... 2012/05/06 00:33:25
    Mrs. maggot
    +1
    Bwahahahaha!

Maybe "Nut Case"!
  • Artist~PWCM~ 2012/05/03 23:04:24
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    Artist~PWCM~
    +2
    Somebody has been sniffing book binders waaaaayyy too much, lol!
  • damnyou... Artist~... 2012/05/04 04:23:52
    damnyoumaggot
    +2
    Those glues can get to ya...Believe me, I'm a Plumber...
  • U-Dog 2012/05/03 22:16:01 (edited)
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    U-Dog
    +4
    It appears King was either writing while drunk or perhaps a tenth grade civics class was the extent of his training in political science. The guy comes across more like just another rambling but useful celeb idiot than he does a good Marxist or writer.
  • damnyou... U-Dog 2012/05/04 04:25:45
    damnyoumaggot
    +3
    I'd rather believe he was a useful idiot, than a Marxist...I 've read him for 30 years... this is painful...:~(
  • U-Dog damnyou... 2012/05/04 04:31:17
    U-Dog
    +2
    I have never read any of his books but a few of the movies made from them were good.

"Here's Johnny!!!" That is classic Nicholson LOL -)
  • damnyou... U-Dog 2012/05/04 04:36:40
    damnyoumaggot
    +2
    One of my favorites. Stanley Kubrick writes, directs and produces, to boot.
  • Mr Wayne 2012/05/03 21:26:01
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    Mr Wayne
    +3
    He should stick to his craft and keep his political opinions to himself; just like all of Hollywood and the media should.
  • Mrs. maggot 2012/05/03 21:16:50
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    Mrs. maggot
    +4
    He's become creepier than his stories.
  • Hopscotch 2012/05/03 01:29:22 (edited)
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    Hopscotch
    +1
    Everybody that doesn't protect the old generation wealthy and help them dodge tax responsibilities or doesn't agree with me, is either a Marxist, Socialist, Nazi, Gay or Steals from you. Or steps on the sidewalk cracks.

My conservative mouth has spoken, (I fear any and all changes)

ewoo--Chris Christie just bit me!
  • damnyou... Hopscotch 2012/05/03 01:35:05
    damnyoumaggot
    +1
    What is the opposite of protecting "the old generation"?
  • Hopscotch damnyou... 2012/05/03 01:57:45
    Hopscotch
    Oh..I must be a Marxist, Socialist, Nazi, Gay or Steals from you. Or steps on the sidewalk cracks.

I'm sure you are "Frothing at the Bit" to give your illustrious opinion.

"In what way. ole great one"?
  • damnyou... Hopscotch 2012/05/03 02:05:30 (edited)
    damnyoumaggot
    +2
    ...if you must...

Did you answer my question(s)? ...oh un-impressive one...
  • Hopscotch damnyou... 2012/05/03 02:29:07
    Hopscotch
    What was your question?..maggot. I thought you were making a statement and just adding the question mark for effect. I'm sorry I was not clear enough for you.
  • Thom Payne 2012/05/02 17:22:42
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    Thom Payne
    +2
    Have you ever wondered why everyone talented, intelligent and successful is a target of the right wing and considered a Marxist?
  • Hopscotch Thom Payne 2012/05/03 01:59:33
    Hopscotch
    +1
    "Ain't that the truth".
  • LisaSmith Thom Payne 2012/05/04 14:29:48
    LisaSmith
    +1
    Everyone??? Yeah keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better about yourself and your party.
  • Thom Payne LisaSmith 2012/05/05 17:13:33
    Thom Payne
    Can you think of anyone who is talented, intelligent and successful on the right?
  • damnyou... Thom Payne 2012/05/06 00:59:58
    damnyoumaggot
    +1
    Ted Nugent
    Jon Voight
    Chuck Norris
    Madison Rising
    Hank III
    Hank Jr.
    Glenn Beck
    David Barton
    Dave Mustaine
    Kid Rock
    Janine Turner
    Charlie Daniels
    Gary Sinese
    Adam Sandler
    John Wayne
    Kelsey Grammar
    Alice Cooper
    Ronald Reagan
    Dennis Miller
    me
    Styx
    Clark Gable
    Dale, JR.
    Dennis Hopper
    Sly Stallone
    Sinatra
    Dean Koontz
    Nolan Ryan
    David Lynch
    Don Mattingly
    Frank Capra
    Fred Dryer
    Hal Holbrook
    Hank Williams
    Jeff Foxworthy
    Tim Tebow
    Tom Brady
    Joe Montana
    Joe Pesci
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Meat Loaf
    Pat Sajak
    Chuck Woolery
    Troy Aikmen
    Joe Perry
    John Hughes
    John Rich
    John Schneider
    Kevin Sorbo
    Loretta Lynn
    Mary Higgins Clark
    Mary Lou Retton
    Merv Griffin
    Dr. Phil
    Rick Dees
    Roger Clemmons
    Sam Raimi
    Sammy Hagar
    Shawn Michaels
    Taylor Swift
    Tom Clancy
    Brad Thor
    Vince Flynn
    Tony Dungy
    Vince McMahon
    Walt Disney
    Charlton Heston
    Brett Farve
    Alex Trebek
    Arnold Palmer
    Ben Stein
    Bo Jackson

Should I justcontinue, or justletyoubowoutnow, justfred?
  • LisaSmith damnyou... 2012/05/06 04:49:03
    LisaSmith
    +1
    Thank you for that excellent reply.
  • damnyou... LisaSmith 2012/05/06 12:20:58
    damnyoumaggot
    +1
    You are welcome.
  • Thom Payne damnyou... 2012/05/06 20:25:10
    Thom Payne
    What part of intelligent and talented did you not understand?
  • damnyou... Thom Payne 2012/05/06 22:07:49
    damnyoumaggot
    All you got?
  • Thom Payne damnyou... 2012/05/07 19:31:39
    Thom Payne
    What more do I need?
  • LisaSmith Thom Payne 2012/05/06 04:50:42
  • reaper 2012/05/02 08:13:17
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    reaper
    +3
    tell you what, you hate communist, then hate the man that made this music.

Aaron Copland, for he was an American composer, composition teacher, writer, and later in his career a conductor of his own and other American music. He was instrumental in forging a distinctly American style of composition, and is often referred to as "the Dean of American Composers". also gay, something else you all hate and want to see killed off. right?

• damnyou... reaper 2012/05/02 14:52:03
    damnyoumaggot
    +1
    hi skippy,

Where pray tell, the hell, do you get hate, from asking, if someone, is a Marxist?
  • reaper damnyou... 2012/05/02 18:50:17
    reaper
    +1
    read some other posts on this poll.
  • damnyou... reaper 2012/05/02 20:27:04
    damnyoumaggot
    +2
    It's my poll, I generally read all the posts. Who in particular is spewing this hate you speak of? Or was that a a blanket indictment of people on the opposite end of your political spectrum?
  • ETpro 2012/05/02 06:53:18
    Noooooooooo!
    ETpro
    +2
    King is pointing out a truth. If we let the Greed is Good set keep pushing for ever more breaks for billionaires and higher taxes for the poor, we will soon be a banana republic with an economy like that of Haiti. There is a middle ground between runaway Greed-is-Good corporatism and Communism. We occupied that middle ground for the depths of the Great Depression in 1933 to 1980 and the Reagan Piss Down revolution. In all of US history, that time was when the GDP grew the most, and when both poor and rich alike moved forward together.
  • damnyou... ETpro 2012/05/02 14:54:27
    damnyoumaggot
    +1
    Interesting use, of the word obama forward
  • Hopscotch ETpro 2012/05/03 02:33:17
    Hopscotch
    I'm with you, ET
  • Daring Blasphemer BN-0 2012/05/02 06:32:59
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    +16
    Let's see if we understand the labels we are throwing around. King, a man who started from nothing and lived in a run down trailer while selling short stories to men's magazines until he hit the big time, busts his ass putting out the most popular fiction of our time at a rate impossible for most other writers. He also owns two radio stations and invests his money in many other American ventures. He donates a great deal to charity and want the rich to pay 22% more than they do in taxes.

The middle class is paying 38% while the rich are paying 15-28%. So, I as a middle class citizen, have less to live on as it is and am forced by the unfair tax code to pay a higher percentage than the rich. How is correcting this Marxist? King is calling for the same thing Buffet is, that the tax code be made more fair. Simple. It does not make him a Marxist. Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they are the antithesis of your ideology. Any one who actually believes that because King thinks the rich should be paying more in taxes it makes him a Marxist is completely misinformed as to what a Marxist is and what they believe.

Ignorance is spread by ignorance and hate is easy to manifest in the ignorant.
  • Edwin Daring ... 2012/05/02 06:52:41
    Edwin
    +5
    Remember: most conservatives nowadays -- at least most conservative posters -- think anyone who disagrees with them is anti-American, Marxist, and Socialist and is plotting to destroy our country -- or at least sympathizes with those who are plotting to destroy our country.

Using facts and figures is irrelevant -- if you have to quote numbers, you probably disagree, so you are a Marxist.
  • damnyou... Daring ... 2012/05/02 20:24:11
    damnyoumaggot
    +2
    You, like Mr. King, Buffet and Obama are misleading people when you speak of tax rates. The middle class is not paying 38%. For crying out loud, the current Obama Tax Rates (formerly known as the Bush Tax Cuts) has the TOP income earners paying 35%. Many of the rich, that your ilk love to demonize no longer collect a salary, but live off investments such as capital gains and that tax rate is generally 15%. You are looking at apples and oranges, and trying to convince me, there is no difference between the two. Nice try,next time,check your propaganda at the door. I agree with your last sentence...stop spreading it.

Sincerely,
    maggot

http://www.usatoday.com/money...
  • Daring ... damnyou... 2012/05/03 03:41:25
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    +1
    If I misspoke as to the top rate for the middle class, it is because Obama lowered it further and I forgot. My 3% mistake does not negate my argument no matter how condescending your post may be. I did not misinform anyone about the amount paid on investments as I gave a range of 15% for capital gains to 22%, the amount given by King to indicate his own taxes. I not only did not lie I gave the same information you did.

Yes, the rich are making their money on investment, I do not deny it nor do I pretend it is any other way. Now, here is the truth you are glossing over, I hope out of ignorance. The arguments against raising capital gains are red herrings.

1. People wont invest if you raise taxes. The fact is when capital gains were taxed at 38-39% in the 1970s people still invested their money.
    2. It is double taxation. Income is income and should be taxed on the same scale. The problem is not King being a Marxist, the problem is in the way we tax corporations and the complication of the tax code. The rich should be paying at least the same percentage the middle class is paying.

Regardless of our disagreement as to taxation, your inflammatory rhetoric about King being a Marxist is worthy of only ridicule. He is obviously a capitalist with a differing point of view on taxation and in no way a communist. If YOU want to stop the spread of propaganda, stop spreading it.

2014/07/31 23:58:51