IS STEPHEN KING A MARXIST?

damnyoumaggot 2012/04/30 23:19:02
Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
Noooooooooo!
damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
Like something creeping and crawling it's way out of a horror novel, we are confronted with this spooky rant from master of macabre, Stephen King. The prolific writer/director/producer/columnist, took time to lend his wordsmithing mind, to the Daily Beast today, as he took on the Tea Party Movement and the fat, non-Santa Governor, of New Jersey, Chris Cristie. Possibly a insight into Mr King's mind, we learned that he is paying 28% of his income in taxes and wonders why, he's not paying 50%. He went on to tell us about rich people who, (and I quote) "would rather douse their dicks with lighter fluid, strike a match, and dance around singing “Disco Inferno” than pay one more cent in taxes to Uncle Sugar."

Speaking about charitable donations, King wrote that, "Most rich folks paying 28 percent taxes do not give out another 28 percent of their income to charity. Most rich folks like to keep their dough. They don’t strip their bank accounts and investment portfolios. They keep them and then pass them on to their children, their children’s children. And what they do give away is—like the monies my wife and I donate—totally at their own discretion. That’s the rich-guy philosophy in a nutshell: don’t tell us how to use our money; we’ll tell you."

We also learned that the "The Koch brothers are right-wing creepazoids", that "fresh bullshit" is " delivered by the right wing of the Republican Party" and that he, (King) owns two radio stations, that he's losing his shirt on. He even took the time to insult Southern States, stating " where the only unions people believe in are those solemnized at the altar of the local church (as long as they’re from different sexes, that is).

The diatribe which, comprises two online pages, ends with these two paragraphs. The next to the last paragraph of his "article" read like a fair share/class warfare/ wealth redistribution, campaign speech, and the last one ends with a warning about Occupy Wall Street.
-------

"I guess some of this mad right-wing love comes from the idea that in America, anyone can become a Rich Guy if he just works hard and saves his pennies. Mitt Romney has said, in effect, “I’m rich and I don’t apologize for it.” Nobody wants you to, Mitt. What some of us want—those who aren’t blinded by a lot of bullshit persiflage thrown up to mask the idea that rich folks want to keep their damn money—is for you to acknowledge that you couldn’t have made it in America without America. That you were fortunate enough to be born in a country where upward mobility is possible (a subject upon which Barack Obama can speak with the authority of experience), but where the channels making such upward mobility possible are being increasingly clogged. That it’s not fair to ask the middle class to assume a disproportionate amount of the tax burden. Not fair? It’s un-fucking-American is what it is. I don’t want you to apologize for being rich; I want you to acknowledge that in America, we all should have to pay our fair share. That our civics classes never taught us that being American means that—sorry, kiddies—you’re on your own. That those who have received much must be obligated to pay—not to give, not to “cut a check and shut up,” in Governor Christie’s words, but to pay—in the same proportion. That’s called stepping up and not whining about it. That’s called patriotism, a word the Tea Partiers love to throw around as long as it doesn’t cost their beloved rich folks any money.

This has to happen if America is to remain strong and true to its ideals. It’s a practical necessity and a moral imperative. Last year during the Occupy movement, the conservatives who oppose tax equality saw the first real ripples of discontent. Their response was either Marie Antoinette (“Let them eat cake”) or Ebenezer Scrooge (“Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?”). Short-sighted, gentlemen. Very short-sighted. If this situation isn’t fairly addressed, last year’s protests will just be the beginning. Scrooge changed his tune after the ghosts visited him. Marie Antoinette, on the other hand, lost her head.

Think about it. "

----------

I surmise that Mr. King, who earns $28 million a year and is estimated to have a net worth of $400 million is a Marxist, who has made his fortune, and is now quite comfortable with empowering his Government, to shut the door on the rest of us.

Although I think it sucks! that Stephen King is another idiot Marxist, I'd rather be miserable in the truth than ignorant to the facts of who and what he is.

So what say you? Is Stephen King, the King of creepy, a Marxist?

Read More: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04/30/s...

• KCurtis 2012/05/01 01:41:13
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    KCurtis
    +36
    He's just another martyr from Hollyweird. Here's a freaking thought Stephen, move to Venezuela where you can spread your wealth around and walk over the little people. The Government will reward you with riches, either that or fork over your additional voluntary Democratic pay off of an additional 30% of you income. You live in a Free Country where you can do that anytime.

• Unclecr... Firefly 2012/05/01 18:41:12
    Unclecracker
    +1
    Your welcome.
  • keeper Unclecr... 2012/05/01 16:33:29
    keeper
    +3
    I like his "Odd Thomas" collection~~
  • Firefly keeper 2012/05/01 16:53:43
    Firefly
    +2
    oh YEUP !

I LOVE the "Odd Thomas" stuff too ;0 )
  • keeper Firefly 2012/05/02 16:32:55
    keeper
    See what I said below to Unclecr... ;o)
  • Unclecr... keeper 2012/05/01 18:39:56
    Unclecracker
    +1
    Yes, "Odd Thomas" is good, although, I haven't read all of them. I actually thought the "Frankenstien" books were very good. The "Bad Place", an older one of his is an excellent book. I just think his earlier works were some of his best stories.
  • keeper Unclecr... 2012/05/02 16:32:15
    keeper
    +1
    I think the opposite... to me, his works before 1995 were very bizarre, but his later stuff since then have a sense of believability. Even the 4 Odd Thomas books are within the realm of reason to me.
    I read the first 2 books of his "Frankenstein" series, but then Katrina happened so he did not publish the third book due to the New Orleans situation. When he finally did get it out, I have not been able to get it at my library.
    If you want a fun sexy exciting sci-fi book check out "Body Rides" by Richard Laymon. He was a friend of Dean's before he died.
  • Unclecr... keeper 2012/05/02 22:59:56
    Unclecracker
    +1
    I will have to check it out.

I do agree that some of Dean's earlier works were a little off the beam depending upon what it was. I believe the "Mask" was one that was kinda out there.
  • keeper Unclecr... 2012/05/03 17:34:35
    keeper
    +2
    If you get the time, check out the dates they were published.. I have read all of the Koontz books at my library. And have several at my house...
    but he seemed to take a change towards more believable stories after 2001...
  • Unclecr... keeper 2012/05/03 23:05:40
    Unclecracker
    +1
    I have alot of his books here, so I will have to check. I know he also wrote under another name. Not sure if it was all science fiction or not. I think he may have done some gothics also.

Have you read, "Your heart belongs to me"? Good story!
  • keeper Unclecr... 2012/05/04 00:20:07
    keeper
    +1
    Yes I have... Like I said, I have read most of his books...although I was not impressed with his latest one.. ;-(
  • Unclecr... keeper 2012/05/04 17:13:05
    Unclecracker
    Which one was that???
  • keeper Firefly 2012/05/01 16:32:50
    keeper
    +3
    He is my favorite author..
  • keeper wiskkers 2012/05/01 16:32:28
    keeper
    +5
    Definitely!
  • Narcole... wiskkers 2012/05/01 17:44:02
    NarcolepticGoat
    +2
    King is not a Marxist, he is creepy, and Dean Koontz is if not better, certainly up there with my favorites!

I think my fave was:
    (but there are so many others)

one door away from heaven
  • raine 2012/05/01 02:35:38
    Noooooooooo!
    raine
    +7
    Hey he IS just a very different kinda guy. In my neighborhood I see him walking and at the gym all the time. Makes me laugh my butt off when a tourist will stop to ask me where his house is. Once I said I don't know as Steve walked by across the street. You can't tell him from a bum most of the time,. He and his wife do give tons of donations around here just for sports mostly other things too. See people in my town in Maine don't believe in treating rich people different than others most leave him alone. I wonder if he gets lonely so I always smile and say just hi to him.
  • apachehellfire65 2012/05/01 02:24:52
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    apachehellfire65
    +6
    Stephen king don't live that far from me. he is just over in Bangor. and yes he is one flucked up dude!
  • Leasheryn/Lady Willpower 2012/05/01 01:53:41
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +18
    My best advice to King: don't quit your day job. In other words, stay out of politics!!
  • KCurtis 2012/05/01 01:41:13
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    KCurtis
    +36
  • raine KCurtis 2012/05/01 02:40:17
    raine
    +8
    Not really he was born in Maine lives in Maine
  • Red_Horse raine 2012/05/03 22:46:00
  • Yankee ... raine 2012/05/04 18:26:40
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    Stephen owns a house in Maine and is very rarely here. Spends most of his time in Florida. How do I know this? I can spit and hit his house from where I live.
  • Narcole... KCurtis 2012/05/01 17:32:09
    NarcolepticGoat
    +4
    Hollywood is in Maine?
  • Red_Horse KCurtis 2012/05/03 22:44:58 (edited)
  • Yankee ... Red_Horse 2012/05/04 18:38:41
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    Careful, I'm maybe less that a half mile from that turd!
  • Red_Horse Yankee ... 2012/05/04 20:11:05
  • cheshirewayne 2012/05/01 01:37:30
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    cheshirewayne
    +14
    Mr. King, you can make voluntary payment, without have to involve me in your choice.
    http://www.pappasontaxes.com/...
  • Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL 2012/05/01 01:23:15
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    +18
    Flat tax would solve this problem. :-) You make this amount of money then you pay this amount.$___________ Whatever else you wish to give to your choice is your business. I don't know if he is inherently creepy or if he worked at it all his life. He is a great writer. I won't take that away from him. His politics Not sure about.

Bottom line is the government cannot sustain on the overspending rate they are on and the people with money (big money) are not willing to give it to government and rightfully so in many ways. They waste it anyway.

If I made a billion bucks for say an invention and employed lots of people I wouldn't want all that government in my face either bogged down with endless paperwork and regulations.. I can understand why people who enterprise do not go there.

The problem is not the money it is how the money is spent.

Having money and being successful is not a crime. The crime is far more seeded and and growing.

Interesting post thx
  • Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET 2012/05/01 01:16:49
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET
    +7
    Don't care. *continues reading his books*
  • cheshir... Ves~Sai... 2012/05/01 01:40:29
    cheshirewayne
    +4
    I never found his books worth reading. I read three or four paperbacks a month and everyonce in awhile one of King's books get recommended to me. I normally lose interest after the frist 50 pages or so, i'm just glad I don't have to pay for them.
  • M.C cheshir... 2012/05/01 04:02:20
    M.C
    +3
    50 pages? he likes to describe his characters so you get to know them, keep reading.
  • Unclecr... M.C 2012/05/01 04:26:52
    Unclecracker
    +3
    I met him in massachusettes about 2 years ago. 200 a ticket but worth it, lol. Even shook his hand. I refused to wash my hand but it started to turn green so I had no choice.
  • Yankee ... Unclecr... 2012/05/04 18:48:22
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    Boy you were ripped off!!! The only time he shows his face around here is at the university because they are the only ones that will allow him to peddle his socialist crap! Even then maybe their only reason is that he gives them lots of money to help support the agenda of the socialist at the school.
  • Unclecr... Yankee ... 2012/05/05 16:33:57
    Unclecracker
    I don't pay no mind to anything political with Stephen King. I do wish he would keep those things to himself though. And no, I was not ripped off. I would have paid more for the opportunity to actually have a one on one with him. The two hundred dollars did not go to Mr. King. It was for a charity, so yes, it was well worth it. Why are we so worried about a writers supposed socialist agenda when pinheads country wide threw caution to the wind and voted in an nut case whose only goal is a socialist agenda. I didn't hear one single thing out of this man (KIng) that was even likened to socialism. I found the man to be quite down to earth. Yes, he does have opinions that he should keep to himself given his notariety. I honestly think you are being a little facetious!!
  • Yankee ... Unclecr... 2012/05/05 19:22:17
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    Just gives us someone else to pick on.........Here in this part of the state, his home area, he isn't liked at all. He's been a real jerk. And has made his anti-conservativeness very well known
  • Yankee ... cheshir... 2012/05/04 18:42:08
    Yankee Traveler
    all of his stuff really pretty much sucks! They usually end up at GoodWill around here, and they have tons of them which tells me that they can't even give them away.
  • tommyg ... Ves~Sai... 2012/05/01 02:02:25
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +6
    His books are good reads, aren't they.
  • Ves~Sai... tommyg ... 2012/05/01 03:17:03
    Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET
    +3
    I love them :D They are very good, imho.
  • tommyg ... Ves~Sai... 2012/05/01 03:22:02
  • Boris D. 2012/05/01 01:11:24
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    Boris D.
    +4
    I much prefer Dan Simmons.

http://www.dansimmons.com/new...

What’s Next with Occupy 3.0?

By April of 2012, with weather warming all over the country, the courageous Occupy _______ (fill in the blank) people will begin emerging from their parents’ basements. With Occupy 2.0 having spent the winter, mostly in California where the weather was warm, burning the interiors of Oakland courthouses (starting with their American flags) and shutting down work for Teamsters on the docks, the whole Occupy national family will be reunited by May.

And – showing their right-wing skeptics were wrong in saying that the Movement has no clarity – the Occupiers will spend part of the spring months clearly articulating their demands. This will break the Occupy Movement into two factions.

The larger faction, occupying (no pun intended) major cities in the Midwestern and Western states, will come up with 8 clear demands:

1. Gimme
    2. Gimme
    3. Gimme
    4. Gimme
    5. Gimme
    6. Gimme
    7. Gimme
    8. Gimme
    This faction will become know as the G-8ers.

The smaller but fiercer faction, headquartered mostly in the Northeast and Chicago regions – and the faction containing the largest number of Harvard Business School dropouts (the average student loan there amounting to $93,826.45) – will air demands t...

I much prefer Dan Simmons.
    dan simmons
    http://www.dansimmons.com/new...

What’s Next with Occupy 3.0?

1. Gimme
    2. Gimme
    3. Gimme
    4. Gimme
    5. Gimme
    6. Gimme
    7. Gimme
    8. Gimme

The smaller but fiercer faction, headquartered mostly in the Northeast and Chicago regions – and the faction containing the largest number of Harvard Business School dropouts (the average student loan there amounting to $93,826.45) – will air demands that are more succinct:

Gimme MORE!!!

This faction will become known as the GMsters.

In early June, the G-8ers in twenty cities across the west will embark upon an unwise course of action. Irritated at the rising cost of illicit drugs in their Perfect Future encampments, the G-8 Occupy faction will rise up under the banner – “Occupy your nearest Bikers’ bar or clubhouse!”

The G-8 survivors, many still hospitalized, are then set upon with clubs, wrenches, and fists by Teamsters and longshoremen sick of having their paychecks cut short by Occupy blockades. President of the Teamsters, James. P. Hoffa will release the statement --“We Teamsters fully support all of the goals and high ideals of America’s Occupy Wall Street movement, but if we ever again catch those little peckerwood sparrowfarts within half a mile of our docks or blocking so much as a single truck leaving those docks, their mama’s-boy asses will be buried deep beneath the grasses.”

The GMsters faction will do well in their park-seizing and public-property crapping until September when, upon learning that the average NFL football player earns more than $1.8 million (with median NFL salaries, including injured and benchwarmer non-players, easily topping $800,000) with the top five quarterback salaries averaging $20,000,000 a piece, the GMster leaders will declare September 6, 2012 – the last day of the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C., and the first regular season NFL game at the home of the defending Super Bowl XLVI champion New York Giants – as OCCUPY NFL LOCKER ROOMS DAY! The Occupy Kick-Off Day official motto will be “You stupid, preliterate 1%-er jocks can keep your jock straps but have to share the money!”

More than half the GMster Occupiers will survive the locker room brawls with only broken bones and pulverized faces to show for their efforts, but more than two-thirds of all the retreating GMsters will be torn limb from limb by NFL fans – outraged that the first game was delayed by an hour -- before they can escape the stadium’s parking lot.

In early October, survivors of both Occupy factions will declare their unified Occupy 4.0 goal as “Re-Occupy Mom and Dad’s Basement!”. This will be the first fully achieved goal for the 2012 Occupy protesters, but it is one that brings some embarrassment for those Occupiers over 55 years of age.
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/05/01 01:09:44
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +10
    I think he has brain damage.

2014/09/23 16:33:38