IS STEPHEN KING A MARXIST?

damnyoumaggot 2012/04/30 23:19:02
Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
Noooooooooo!
damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
Like something creeping and crawling it's way out of a horror novel, we are confronted with this spooky rant from master of macabre, Stephen King. The prolific writer/director/producer/columnist, took time to lend his wordsmithing mind, to the Daily Beast today, as he took on the Tea Party Movement and the fat, non-Santa Governor, of New Jersey, Chris Cristie. Possibly a insight into Mr King's mind, we learned that he is paying 28% of his income in taxes and wonders why, he's not paying 50%. He went on to tell us about rich people who, (and I quote) "would rather douse their dicks with lighter fluid, strike a match, and dance around singing “Disco Inferno” than pay one more cent in taxes to Uncle Sugar."

Speaking about charitable donations, King wrote that, "Most rich folks paying 28 percent taxes do not give out another 28 percent of their income to charity. Most rich folks like to keep their dough. They don’t strip their bank accounts and investment portfolios. They keep them and then pass them on to their children, their children’s children. And what they do give away is—like the monies my wife and I donate—totally at their own discretion. That’s the rich-guy philosophy in a nutshell: don’t tell us how to use our money; we’ll tell you."

We also learned that the "The Koch brothers are right-wing creepazoids", that "fresh bullshit" is " delivered by the right wing of the Republican Party" and that he, (King) owns two radio stations, that he's losing his shirt on. He even took the time to insult Southern States, stating " where the only unions people believe in are those solemnized at the altar of the local church (as long as they’re from different sexes, that is).

The diatribe which, comprises two online pages, ends with these two paragraphs. The next to the last paragraph of his "article" read like a fair share/class warfare/ wealth redistribution, campaign speech, and the last one ends with a warning about Occupy Wall Street.
-------

"I guess some of this mad right-wing love comes from the idea that in America, anyone can become a Rich Guy if he just works hard and saves his pennies. Mitt Romney has said, in effect, “I’m rich and I don’t apologize for it.” Nobody wants you to, Mitt. What some of us want—those who aren’t blinded by a lot of bullshit persiflage thrown up to mask the idea that rich folks want to keep their damn money—is for you to acknowledge that you couldn’t have made it in America without America. That you were fortunate enough to be born in a country where upward mobility is possible (a subject upon which Barack Obama can speak with the authority of experience), but where the channels making such upward mobility possible are being increasingly clogged. That it’s not fair to ask the middle class to assume a disproportionate amount of the tax burden. Not fair? It’s un-fucking-American is what it is. I don’t want you to apologize for being rich; I want you to acknowledge that in America, we all should have to pay our fair share. That our civics classes never taught us that being American means that—sorry, kiddies—you’re on your own. That those who have received much must be obligated to pay—not to give, not to “cut a check and shut up,” in Governor Christie’s words, but to pay—in the same proportion. That’s called stepping up and not whining about it. That’s called patriotism, a word the Tea Partiers love to throw around as long as it doesn’t cost their beloved rich folks any money.

This has to happen if America is to remain strong and true to its ideals. It’s a practical necessity and a moral imperative. Last year during the Occupy movement, the conservatives who oppose tax equality saw the first real ripples of discontent. Their response was either Marie Antoinette (“Let them eat cake”) or Ebenezer Scrooge (“Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?”). Short-sighted, gentlemen. Very short-sighted. If this situation isn’t fairly addressed, last year’s protests will just be the beginning. Scrooge changed his tune after the ghosts visited him. Marie Antoinette, on the other hand, lost her head.

Think about it. "

----------

I surmise that Mr. King, who earns $28 million a year and is estimated to have a net worth of $400 million is a Marxist, who has made his fortune, and is now quite comfortable with empowering his Government, to shut the door on the rest of us.

Although I think it sucks! that Stephen King is another idiot Marxist, I'd rather be miserable in the truth than ignorant to the facts of who and what he is.

So what say you? Is Stephen King, the King of creepy, a Marxist?

Read More: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04/30/s...

• KCurtis 2012/05/01 01:41:13
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    KCurtis
    +36
    He's just another martyr from Hollyweird. Here's a freaking thought Stephen, move to Venezuela where you can spread your wealth around and walk over the little people. The Government will reward you with riches, either that or fork over your additional voluntary Democratic pay off of an additional 30% of you income. You live in a Free Country where you can do that anytime.

• damnyou... Daring ... 2012/05/03 09:55:58
    damnyoumaggot
    +2
    Where do you get Obama lowered taxes?( citation needed) He's done no such thing. There's is no way King is paying 28%, his figure( again you misled with 22%). He earns new income every year and has accountants that , may reduce his effective rate to 28%.(How noble, to take advantage of every loophole and then bitch about his rate) According to IRS data , the rich are paying more than their "fair share". Sorry if this has gotten you inflammed, but a bitten dog always hollers. I don't understand why you Marxists just don't come out of the closet and embrace yourselves....

So you think just because sometime participates in a free market system. it must be what they believe? Ridicule? Ha! I've read that book , too. You can't silence me. I don't intimidate.

I think you like BIG goverment....
  • Magus BN-0 damnyou... 2012/09/15 15:34:36
    Magus BN-0
    +1
    No, the top income earners aren't paying 35%. That's the top marginal tax rate. There's a difference. You need to learn how tax brackets work. 35% is not what they pay on their entire (non-investment) income. 35% is the rate for all income over $388,350. The first $388,350 of income is taxed at the lower rates. Income from $178,650 to $388,350 is taxed at 33%. Income from $85,650 to $178,650 is taxed at 28%. Income from $35,350 to $85,650 is taxed at 25%. Income from $8,700 to $35,350 is taxed at 15%. And income from $0 to $8,700 is taxed at 10%.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/m...

All of this is, of course, before any deductions or exemptions are applied. If somebody had, for example, an income of $500K, their tax rate before exemptions and deductions would be about 30%. Anybody making that much money is likely have a lot of exemptions and deductions, so the actual effective tax rate would be lower.

As far as the capital gains tax rate being so much lower? That's a big part of the problem. Why is income from investment given preferential treatment over income from labor? Why not have capital gains taxed the same as all other income?
  • Daring ... Magus BN-0 2012/09/15 22:43:13
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    +1
    Well said!
  • damnyou... Magus BN-0 2012/09/16 15:24:05 (edited)
    damnyoumaggot
    I do know the difference between earned income and investment income. You haven't said anything that contradicts what I have said about tax rates. So what the hell are you even talking about? Investment income has already been tax when it WAS originally earned income. Ask yourself that...Where did they get the money to invest? They earned it genius...Maybe you need to learn more about where income comes from.....
  • Magus BN-0 damnyou... 2012/09/17 14:04:41
    Magus BN-0
    And then they earn more money from the investment. Profits that you make on an investment are new income. So no, it has not already been taxed.

Also, the fact that you claim people in the top income bracket pay 35% of their income to the feds indicates that you don't understand how tax brackets work.
  • damnyou... Magus BN-0 2012/09/19 22:14:29
    damnyoumaggot
    The IRS website states that joint returns over $388,000+ pays 35% now. Am I suppose to beleive you over the IRS?
  • Magus BN-0 damnyou... 2012/09/19 22:26:55
    Magus BN-0
    That's the marginal rate, not the effective rate.
  • damnyou... Magus BN-0 2012/09/19 22:31:59
    damnyoumaggot
    I understand the difference. There are loopholes and deductions, that people naturally take advantage of.
  • Magus BN-0 damnyou... 2012/09/19 22:35:05
    Magus BN-0
    No, that's only part of the difference between the marginal and effective rates.
  • damnyou... Magus BN-0 2012/09/19 22:38:56
    damnyoumaggot
    You obviousely want to teach a class on it...I got some time...Go ahead...enlighten me... Magnus...
  • Hopscotch Daring ... 2012/05/03 02:35:02
    Hopscotch
    +1
    Here here! Well said.
  • LisaSmith Daring ... 2012/05/04 14:34:37 (edited)
    LisaSmith
    +1
    We should all pay more taxes because the government is doing such a good job of spending our money. Do you even have a clue about the disgusting waste of money that is happening?
    Ignorance is spread by ignorance and hate is easy to manifest in the ignorant.
  • damnyou... LisaSmith 2012/05/04 17:17:29
  • LisaSmith damnyou... 2012/05/04 17:30:35
  • damnyou... LisaSmith 2012/05/04 21:07:09
  • Daring ... LisaSmith 2012/05/05 14:38:56
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    We should all put words in each other's mouths.
    I know this waste did not begin three years ago.
    I know Bush kept his wars off the books, so the debt would not reflect our true peril.
    I know Obama has gone after Medicare fraud.
    I know the rich pay a lower percentage in taxes than I do.
    I know the rich have rigged the system.
    I know the rich are paying public relations firms to convince the ignorant that lowering taxes will save the economy.
    I know the rich destroyed the economy with greed.
    I know the extent of my own ignorance.

I know this thread is dead and this argument is no longer worth having.
  • damnyou... Daring ... 2012/05/06 01:00:48
    damnyoumaggot
    +2
    Then, this is goodbye?
  • Gregaj7 2012/05/02 05:32:17
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    +1
    Don't care!
  • Bozette 2012/05/02 05:27:46
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    Bozette
    +3
    I am a voracious reader, and I have noticed that most popular fiction writers are to the left politically, like most actors.
  • JP 2012/05/02 02:08:46
    Noooooooooo!
    JP
    I used to read his books. And some of his Richard Bachman stuff. No longer. I'm still boycotting Coca-Cola and HBO.
  • SK-pro impeachment 2012/05/01 19:15:42
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    SK-pro impeachment
    +2
    Obama doesn't have any experience so i don't know what the hell S King is talking about. if he wasn't ''groomed'' from his childhood days on to be where he is today he wouldn't be.
  • NarcolepticGoat 2012/05/01 17:35:48
    Noooooooooo!
    NarcolepticGoat
    +6
    Why do so many people I assume are US citizens think Hollywood is in Maine?

I suppose it is the mentality that says "If you disagree with me on anylittlething you are a Commiepinkonazigayhollywood type" Never mind that he's a rich guy from Maine born and bred.
  • Bozette Narcole... 2012/05/02 05:34:22
    Bozette
    +3
    I think they are referring to the fact that so many of his books have been made into movies, he is involved in the script writing and appears in each of those movies in a cameo role.
  • SoCalEx-Dem 2012/05/01 16:46:14
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    SoCalEx-Dem
    +3
    Can I get a refund on all the books I bought? There is nothing stopping him from paying more on his taxes if he cares too. Wonder how big a bonfire I would need to burn these books?
  • keeper 2012/05/01 16:34:40
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    keeper
    +3
    That is one reason I don't care for his writing...
    besides, he is a whore to Hollyweird~~
  • Billyk75 2012/05/01 14:58:44
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    Billyk75
    +2
    He's a clueless imbecile.
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/05/01 08:54:58
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +3
    King's head injury he suffered a few years ago after being pancaked by that car while he was riding his bike only re-emphasized how f*cked up King really is.

Typical of the snobbery of the progressive communists. For thee, but not for me. You name the topic/subject, they have an out.
  • The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA 2012/05/01 07:38:30
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA
    +8
    Just another Hollywood kook that really doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground! I don't read his crap, never have and never will! Add this idiot to the "Don't Patronize" list of morons that we should not spend our hard earned money on anything they do! See if they can still support themselves when no conservatives will buy their crap!!
    boycott liberals
  • Bozette The Bir... 2012/05/02 05:31:32
    Bozette
    +4
    If I boycotted every liberal author or actor, I wouldn't be watching any movies and would be reading very, very few books. I am a voracious reader and enjoy watching a movie every now and then. I can do so without adding to the royalties of those people, however, simply by checking out books/DVDs at the library or buying them used at garage sales and thrift stores.
  • The Bir... Bozette 2012/05/02 08:34:28
    The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA
    +4
    I think that's fine, not putting the money in their pocket is the idea. I work in Hollywood, but pretty much stopped going to the movies, especially those made by known libs and starring the extreme lib actors. I can wait till something comes out on DVD and rent it for a buck, that kicks it way down!
  • redhorse29 2012/05/01 06:40:29
    Noooooooooo!
    redhorse29
    +3
    King is rich and gets richer every day. What he says and does has no connection. He is protecting his wealth just like every one would like to save their earnings and pass it along to their heirs. If he wants to gift his estate to the government then lets see him update his trust and will. But don't hold your breath or expect him to even gift 60% of his wealth to the nation.
  • Bob DiN 2012/05/01 05:09:20
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    Bob DiN
    +3
    He's from Hollyweird isn't he.
  • Biki~pwcm/potl~ 2012/05/01 03:13:34
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    Biki~pwcm/potl~
    +9
    Sounds like a whiny Micheal Moore. They are all thin socialists masquerading in fat capitalists bodies.
  • ☆ c61☆ 2012/05/01 03:10:09
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    ☆ c61☆
    +5
    LOoks like that whack he took from that minnie van left Mr. King brain damaged.
  • wiskkers 2012/05/01 03:03:13
  • Firefly wiskkers 2012/05/01 03:18:20
    Firefly
    +7
    I loved his book 'Lightning'...

deen koontz lightning
  • Unclecr... Firefly 2012/05/01 03:47:53 (edited)
    Unclecracker
    +2
    I think Lightning was his best. Loved it!!!

If you've never read his short story "Kittens" it was excellent
  • Firefly Unclecr... 2012/05/01 04:01:03
    Firefly
    +3
    hehehe ~

Is it scarey ?

I don't usually

read, nor watch

scarey stuff, cuz

LIFE is scarey enuff !

I got lucky with 'Lightning'

The time travel / guardian

angel scenario deterred the

scare factor quite a bit, for me ;0 )
  • Unclecr... Firefly 2012/05/01 04:18:51
    Unclecracker
    +2
    lol, yeah it was a good story. And no, kittens was not scary; just about a preacher father that was a little too stern with the word of God. His little girl taught him a lesson he didn't expect. Clever story.
  • Firefly Unclecr... 2012/05/01 16:54:34
    Firefly
    +1
    Cool Beans !

I'll have to look for it then ;0 )

Thanks a bunch for sharing the info with me !

2014/12/21 04:03:31