IS STEPHEN KING A MARXIST?

damnyoumaggot 2012/04/30 23:19:02
Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
Noooooooooo!
damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
Like something creeping and crawling it's way out of a horror novel, we are confronted with this spooky rant from master of macabre, Stephen King. The prolific writer/director/producer/columnist, took time to lend his wordsmithing mind, to the Daily Beast today, as he took on the Tea Party Movement and the fat, non-Santa Governor, of New Jersey, Chris Cristie. Possibly a insight into Mr King's mind, we learned that he is paying 28% of his income in taxes and wonders why, he's not paying 50%. He went on to tell us about rich people who, (and I quote) "would rather douse their dicks with lighter fluid, strike a match, and dance around singing “Disco Inferno” than pay one more cent in taxes to Uncle Sugar."

Speaking about charitable donations, King wrote that, "Most rich folks paying 28 percent taxes do not give out another 28 percent of their income to charity. Most rich folks like to keep their dough. They don’t strip their bank accounts and investment portfolios. They keep them and then pass them on to their children, their children’s children. And what they do give away is—like the monies my wife and I donate—totally at their own discretion. That’s the rich-guy philosophy in a nutshell: don’t tell us how to use our money; we’ll tell you."

We also learned that the "The Koch brothers are right-wing creepazoids", that "fresh bullshit" is " delivered by the right wing of the Republican Party" and that he, (King) owns two radio stations, that he's losing his shirt on. He even took the time to insult Southern States, stating " where the only unions people believe in are those solemnized at the altar of the local church (as long as they’re from different sexes, that is).

The diatribe which, comprises two online pages, ends with these two paragraphs. The next to the last paragraph of his "article" read like a fair share/class warfare/ wealth redistribution, campaign speech, and the last one ends with a warning about Occupy Wall Street.
-------

"I guess some of this mad right-wing love comes from the idea that in America, anyone can become a Rich Guy if he just works hard and saves his pennies. Mitt Romney has said, in effect, “I’m rich and I don’t apologize for it.” Nobody wants you to, Mitt. What some of us want—those who aren’t blinded by a lot of bullshit persiflage thrown up to mask the idea that rich folks want to keep their damn money—is for you to acknowledge that you couldn’t have made it in America without America. That you were fortunate enough to be born in a country where upward mobility is possible (a subject upon which Barack Obama can speak with the authority of experience), but where the channels making such upward mobility possible are being increasingly clogged. That it’s not fair to ask the middle class to assume a disproportionate amount of the tax burden. Not fair? It’s un-fucking-American is what it is. I don’t want you to apologize for being rich; I want you to acknowledge that in America, we all should have to pay our fair share. That our civics classes never taught us that being American means that—sorry, kiddies—you’re on your own. That those who have received much must be obligated to pay—not to give, not to “cut a check and shut up,” in Governor Christie’s words, but to pay—in the same proportion. That’s called stepping up and not whining about it. That’s called patriotism, a word the Tea Partiers love to throw around as long as it doesn’t cost their beloved rich folks any money.

This has to happen if America is to remain strong and true to its ideals. It’s a practical necessity and a moral imperative. Last year during the Occupy movement, the conservatives who oppose tax equality saw the first real ripples of discontent. Their response was either Marie Antoinette (“Let them eat cake”) or Ebenezer Scrooge (“Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?”). Short-sighted, gentlemen. Very short-sighted. If this situation isn’t fairly addressed, last year’s protests will just be the beginning. Scrooge changed his tune after the ghosts visited him. Marie Antoinette, on the other hand, lost her head.

Think about it. "

----------

I surmise that Mr. King, who earns $28 million a year and is estimated to have a net worth of $400 million is a Marxist, who has made his fortune, and is now quite comfortable with empowering his Government, to shut the door on the rest of us.

Although I think it sucks! that Stephen King is another idiot Marxist, I'd rather be miserable in the truth than ignorant to the facts of who and what he is.

So what say you? Is Stephen King, the King of creepy, a Marxist?

Read More: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04/30/s...

• KCurtis 2012/05/01 01:41:13
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    KCurtis
    +36
    He's just another martyr from Hollyweird. Here's a freaking thought Stephen, move to Venezuela where you can spread your wealth around and walk over the little people. The Government will reward you with riches, either that or fork over your additional voluntary Democratic pay off of an additional 30% of you income. You live in a Free Country where you can do that anytime.

• Pyro-82 2012/09/20 06:26:42
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    Pyro-82
    +2
    I like his books, I do not much pay attention to his current political views.
  • Random 2012/09/19 15:24:17 (edited)
  • damnyou... Random 2012/09/19 22:01:13
    damnyoumaggot
    So...you don't think culture influences politics?
  • Random damnyou... 2012/09/20 12:07:59
    Random
    +1
    Well, I suppose if someone gets enough people on their cause they have a chance at influencing politics. But here, the Politicians seem to do whatever they want, no matter how much it pisses off the majority. But I don't take much interest in politics, so I could be wrong.
  • Magus BN-0 2012/09/15 15:24:36
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    Magus BN-0
    Care to point out how higher taxes for millionaires would "shut the door on the rest of us"?
  • damnyou... Magus BN-0 2012/09/15 21:36:45
    damnyoumaggot
    First of all. "millionaires" as you and Obama call them are small businesses making over 250,000 ( look it up). It's about incentive. If the Government is going to take half of what I earn...why earn it. I don't want to demonize the rich...I want to be the rich....Any questions?
  • Magus BN-0 damnyou... 2012/09/17 14:02:59
    Magus BN-0
    Less than 2% of small businesses are sole properietorships with revenue of $250K. And the small businesses that are corporations aren't counted at all in this, because this is the individual income tax, not the corporate tax.

And no, this is not "demonizing" the rich, nor are you paying half of what you earn in taxes.
  • ☠ Live Free Or Die ☠ 2012/05/14 20:19:45 (edited)
  • Brynn ☠ Live ... 2012/05/15 10:01:19
  • ☠ Live ... Brynn 2012/05/15 19:10:37
  • beatnpath 2012/05/13 13:03:50 (edited)
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    beatnpath
    +1
    But which Marx does he resemble the most? Chico, Harpo, Groucho, or Zeppo? Much research is required to discern the answer to this disturbing question. I will get back to you.
  • DeCaf 2012/05/10 14:12:07 (edited)
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    DeCaf
    +1
    Of course he is Creepy and a Marxist who talks big.... but doesn't give that other 22 percent to the government. Wonder why?

Then, of course, I never did like his writing. Mark Twain he is not.
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/05/07 13:33:57
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    I don't know if he's a Marxist or not but he certainly has a right to his opinion. And his readers have a right to buy or not buy his books. I've lived with the knowledge of Marxism my entire life and I don't object to it. What I do object to is it being forced upon unwilling citizens (us) by the ignorant and uneducated (them),

It's a pity that anyone can vote. From the intellectually challenged to dead people.

This is an actual picture taken at my voting place during the 2008 election.

zombies
  • beatnpath Louisa ... 2012/05/13 13:14:00
    beatnpath
    +1
    Awwww, pshawww.........I was an extra in that documentary. See the guy in the yellow hat??? that's me. The doc is titled 'Obama campaign team readies for lunch with Michelle'.
  • Walt 2012/05/06 23:19:16
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    Walt
    +2
    Creative personalities making their fortunes directly due to capitalism often decide they aren't cool and want to be told "It's okay, dude. You can't help it if you're a nasty old capitalist. We love you anyway, because your heart is liberal."

Dream on, Stephen King. You're a capitalist whether you want to pretend otherwise or not. (Besides, Stevie-Boy, nobody on this side of the hereafter will ever think you're cool if they've seen you try to act in one of the two minute film roles you cast yourself in.)
  • damnyou... Walt 2012/05/06 23:26:02
  • BlytheSpirit~bn0 2012/05/05 06:58:05
    Noooooooooo!
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +1
    Stephen rocks the party and I agree with him. I live in Maine and I've seen first hand how the King's support the commumnity they live in. Stephen may be a lot of things, but wrong about this isn't one of them. I can't believe that so many on SH are satisfied being slaves to the statis quo. It's sad to realize just how many of my countrymen are blind and very happy remaining so.
  • damnyou... BlytheS... 2012/05/05 10:38:05
    damnyoumaggot
    +1
    So you support a , heavy progressive income tax?
  • Jeri 2012/05/04 21:16:03
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    Jeri
    +3
    He sounds to me that he is professing hero worship to the government calling it Uncle Sugar. Hates conservatives even tho our constitution is very conservative, government is not even supposed to own land yet they sure fixed that didn`t they now they own more land than they need and the people are paying for it, god we are so stupid. His ideas sure sound Marxist whats that old Duck saying.
  • Yankee Traveler 2012/05/04 18:34:55
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    Yankee Traveler
    +3
    I live not far from this puke and the things that he has said about the military is surely typical of the very least a Liberal/progressive! he has pissed off the Air Guard here at the 2nd largest refueling wing in the country. People at the international air port have removed most of the advertisement stuffs out of the lobbies and lounges. He has put down the troop greeters and has spit upon most anything good in this state. He is not very well liked in these parts. At U. Maine they love him because he gives them money to help teach their socialist agenda.
  • LisaSmith 2012/05/04 14:17:29
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    LisaSmith
    +2
    How sad it is. While reading Under the Dome I figured out he was a liberal. He let his politics get into his writing. I haven't bought a book by him since and I was a constant reader.
  • Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~ 2012/05/04 05:14:29
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +2
    Yep...... I don't watch any of his movies and I certainly wouldn't buy his books.
  • Elleryqueen 2012/05/04 02:46:35
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    Elleryqueen
    +1
    Checked yes, but really not sure. What I do know for sure, he is a dyed in the wool dork. Albeit it a rich dork.
  • Someone Else 2012/05/04 02:27:01
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    Someone Else
    Who cares his mind is twisted, twisted is good
  • damnyou... Someone... 2012/05/04 04:21:07
    damnyoumaggot
    +3
    I own so many books....
  • Someone... damnyou... 2012/05/04 12:37:45
    Someone Else
    +2
    Me too he's one of my favorite authors. Do I want to to be him probably not, do I care about his politics, again probably not. A very good story teller yes indeed
  • LisaSmith Someone... 2012/05/04 14:22:49
    LisaSmith
    +3
    I care. I loved Stephen King. The Stand is one of my favorite books. I have read it about 6 times. My house is filled with his books but I can't give my money to people that I disagree with so much. I will not purchase another book by Stephen King.
  • ☠ Live ... LisaSmith 2012/05/14 20:23:13
  • goatman112003 2012/05/04 00:22:50
    damnyoumaggot!!! Here's Johnny!!!
    goatman112003
    +3
    A righteous man leaves for his children and grandchildren. So the pursuit of wealth there is nothing wrong. Now to tax the bejesus out of it for lunacy is something else. If he wants to give it away fine, its his to give. But the rest of us are scratching around and shouldn't have to give a dime if we don't want to.
  • damnyou... goatman... 2012/05/04 04:20:36
    damnyoumaggot
    +2
    I'm on booard w/ that g'man!
  • Murph 65 2012/05/03 23:45:25
    Yes. King Is A Creepy Marxist.
    Murph 65
    +3
    Last time I looked no one was stopping King from paying 50 percent of his taxes. If that's what he wants to do, he should do it. However, leave the rest of us what we have. I do not want to pay 50 percent of my income, although that's basically what I do since I am self-employed. I would like not to pay more than 25 percent to cover all state, local and federal taxes. I'm good with that. Will give it gladly, and Mr. Marxist/Socialist/Communist King can give his 50 percent. Works for me.
  • damnyou... Murph 65 2012/05/04 04:21:57
    damnyoumaggot
    +2
    Great answer!!!
  • Murph 65 damnyou... 2012/05/04 20:33:10
    Murph 65
    +2
    Thank you. How's the missus? You buggin' her to death? Big doings for the weekend?
  • damnyou... Murph 65 2012/05/04 21:06:17
    damnyoumaggot
    +2
    Getting ready for First Friday, tonight ( hope I get some goods videos). Then tomorrow I'm gonna take the Mrs. and 3 (probably Giggling) teenagers to see the Avengers. Next its off to Free Come book Day. I'll sleep well tomorrow night, I'm sure.
  • Murph 65 damnyou... 2012/05/04 22:20:45
    Murph 65
    +2
    Sounds like a busy but fun weekend. I'm jealous about you seeing the Avengers; can't go, have to work. Have fun and enjoy those three giggling teenagers, before you can blink twice, they will be three 40 year olds with teenagers of their own.
  • Mrs. ma... Murph 65 2012/05/04 21:32:14
    Mrs. maggot
    +2
    Got a kid turning 15 tomorrow! I feel old.
  • Murph 65 Mrs. ma... 2012/05/04 22:22:01
    Murph 65
    +2
    I liked my teenage kids. I'm not so sure I like my 16- and 15-year-old grandchildren. It's not that I mind them growing up, in fact, I have always preferred teenagers to young children, it's just that they can't find a way for me not to age right along with them. :)
  • Murph 65 damnyou... 2012/05/04 20:40:29
    Murph 65
    +2
    Do not know what's going on with machine today, won't send my replies. Try again. Thanks for the rave. How's Mrs. Maggot doing? You driving her bonkers today? Have a great weekend.
  • damnyou... Murph 65 2012/05/04 21:06:55
    damnyoumaggot
    +2
    Nah, today it's her turn to drive me nuts....
  • Murph 65 damnyou... 2012/05/04 22:24:09
    Murph 65
    +2
    Did you not read the fine print in the marriage contract? It is a law that wives do not, cannot and will not drive husbands nuts. I just can't imagine that sweet lady doing anything to drive you bonkers. Am I doing a good job of sucking up to the Missus?

2014/12/17 19:56:36