Is Sarah Palin Afraid to Go on Jon Stewart's 'The Daily Show'?

Politics 2011/03/08 18:00:00
Jon Stewart doesn't seem like a scary dude, does he?

Of course, what does Sarah Palin *not* have in common with Tim Pawlenty, Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich, Dick Armey, Donald Rumsfeld and former RNC chair Michael Steele? She hasn't joined Stewart for an interview on "The Daily Show."

According to The Huffington Post, Palin, who is still on the fence about running for president in 2012, is not "afraid" of going on his show, it's just sometimes she declines to visit a show (you listening David Letterman?) because she doesn't want her appearance to boost its ratings.

Stewart has asked politely, even tweeted it for God's sake, for her to visit him. He even offered to have Glenn Beck (another person who hasn't visited) to sit between them. Unfortunately, she hasn't been swayed. Palin aide Rebecca Mansour took umbrage at The Huffington Post suggestion that the Fox News contributor might be afraid.

"If you continue to imply that she's afraid of appearing on a comedian's satire news show, then you're just plain wrong," she emailed. "She's stared down big oil companies and won. Jon Stewart isn't all that intimidating."

Of course, maybe she just didn't like pieces like this:

Read More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/07/sarah-pal...

• sodabox 2011/03/08 18:46:41
    sodabox
    +29
    It took her long enough but she finally figured out that she was too dumb to go on any show that didn't pander to her.

• Tink123 Dan™: R... 2011/03/09 03:41:41
    Tink123
    +1
    Agreed. That is truly embarrassing.
  • ucntbsrius 2011/03/09 02:16:00
    ucntbsrius
    +2
    She would have to answer questions. roflmao
  • teamrn 2011/03/09 02:11:57 (edited)
    teamrn
    +2
    I don't think AFRAID is so much the operative word as is REALISTIC. She knows that whatever she says or does, the liberal media will fry her for it. She knows that if she were to go on, she OR her family OR both would be made the laughing stock. She's perfectly capable of NOT being made the laughing stock, but putting them in their places and giving just rewards is something she saves only for Kathy Gifford. "Bring it on, but keep my family out of it." perfectly laughing stock places rewards saves kathy gifford family sarah palin on the jon stewart show
  • jokeriser teamrn 2011/03/09 02:41:20
    jokeriser
    yes the media some times goes to far in attacking sarah palin however Stewart has mocked and also mocked media for attacking her saying quote"stop makling me feel sorry for the palins" now truth be told alot of the stuff she say's is idiotic and makes him able to mock her you disagree fine but enough repblicans have come on his show and did not look foolish and he did not mock them in the interview
  • teamrn jokeriser 2011/03/13 18:48:01
    teamrn
    I think there's some meat in your response, but I'm unable to respond to what you're saying since i'm not sure; no punctuation, etc I'd like to respond, but I don't know what I'm responding to unless I guess at what you said for sure.
  • jokeriser teamrn 2011/03/13 19:59:51
    jokeriser
    yes the media some times goes to far in attacking Sarah Palin. However Stewart has mocked the media for attacking her saying quote"stop making me feel sorry for the Palines." Now truth be told allot of the stuff she say's is idiotic and makes him able to mock her. You disagree fine but enough republicans have come on his show and did not look foolish and he did not mock them in the interview. He did it the day after.
  • teamrn jokeriser 2011/03/20 20:51:56
    teamrn
    yes, she has given the media more than enough fodder for their fires. However, I feel the media should serve a higher purpose, to disseminate real news and in Jon Stewart's case, to comment on real NEWS w/out tearing at the jugular of certain guests. An occasional jab is healthy, but a slice to the jugular about her family should be beyond ANY human decency.

Has anyone noticed that there is slanted truth to Chris Matthews? He's quick to point out the Michelle Bachmann goofed up in her NH oratory, and even Dan Quayle, Ronald Regan were dragged out as examples of GOP 'not-ready-for-prime time.

Has Chris forgotten about how CANDIDATE for POTUS Obama, spoke of visiting ALL 57 states? NEVER is that commented on by Matthews who as a liberal journalist is likely wetting his pants because there is no left wing candidate. Many Republicans would vote for Hilary in a heart beat, but I don't see her committing 4-8 more years of her life to public service: PLUS the rigors of a campaign.
  • Plantgypc 2011/03/09 02:11:45
    Plantgypc
    +5
    Why should she. She doesn't need him.
  • Another Benjamite :)~ 2011/03/09 02:10:44
    Another Benjamite :)~
    +2
    She doesn't want to do humor. It's something that doesn't fit the persona she's trying to get elected with. I'm sure her Kremlin handlers would never allow it. She may reveal her true self.
    humor fit persona shes elected kremlin handlers reveal true salt angelina jolie
  • teamrn Another... 2011/03/20 21:09:11
    teamrn
    I seriously challenge your belief that she's trying to get elected. The most she's said was that if her country needed her, wanted her, "i'd think about it." But there are enough people who don't respect her or don't like her (you included), who don't want her, that a run by SP is unlikely. maybe 2016 or 2020.
  • Piper 2011/03/09 02:10:00
    Piper
    +2
    No doubt. Although he is respectful with guests, he would challenge her "talking points", and she just HATES that, since she has nothing to offer beyond a warped vision of how our country should be.
  • BH1701 "In Kirk We Trust" 2011/03/09 02:08:33
    BH1701 "In Kirk We Trust"
    +5
    She's smart enough to know that she's too stupid to face off with Jon Stewart.
  • SharkKiller 2011/03/09 02:08:07
    SharkKiller
    +1
    If she can't see it from her porch...*chuckle*
  • aro 2011/03/09 02:05:54
    aro
    +2
    I think it helps the right wing cause when an intelligent conservative can go on a show like Jon Stewart's and answer him point for point. Rand Paul was on last night, and Mike Huckabee was there two or three weeks ago, and both made their points and didn't back down. Sarah Palin just doesn't have that kind of intellect. Now if you dropped her and Jon Stewart in the Alaskan wilderness, she would come out looking good, and Stewart would most likely be eaten by a bear. But on a satirical left biased news show, I guess Jon Stewart would actually be the bear, and her best bet would be to lay down, play dead, and hope he moves on quickly.
  • HL 2011/03/09 02:04:04
  • BadDog HL 2011/03/09 16:53:04
  • HL BadDog 2011/03/09 22:36:51
    HL
    +1
    Baddog you got that right, nothing there but empty space!
  • BadDog HL 2011/03/09 22:57:02
    BadDog
    +1
    the wind blows freely! LOL
  • HL BadDog 2011/03/10 02:18:59
    HL
    +1
    I see you dislike her like I do! Another inteligent person at SH!
  • Max7 2011/03/09 02:03:17
    Max7
    +1
    She hasn't been afraid to do a lot of things, I doubt if she's afraid to go on Jon Stewart's show. One thing that she has proven to be is guttzy!
  • jokeriser Max7 2011/03/13 07:04:14
    jokeriser
    actually now that I think about it not going on his show is the smartest thing she ever done which is sad.
  • David 2011/03/09 02:02:40
    David
    +5
    Sarah has never liked being placed in any position where she needs to think!
  • BadDog David 2011/03/09 16:54:55
  • David BadDog 2011/03/09 16:57:45
    David
    +1
    Either McDonald's is not that bent or their straws aren't!
  • Rocky 2011/03/09 02:02:15
    Rocky
    +2
    You gotta be kidding? Right? Sarah PaLin afraid of this putz? Give me a break! He's a frigging comedian...she is an INTELLIGENT woman...like some of thaose who immulate her through imitating her on Comedy Central. LOL!
  • ucntbsrius Rocky 2011/03/09 02:26:10
    ucntbsrius
    +2
    roflmao. You're serious are you? Say it's sarcasm, please, I beg you. Have some decency. Please tell us you're joking. You can't be serious!
  • Piper Rocky 2011/03/09 02:35:42
    Piper
    +1
    Was that supposed to be joke?
  • Jesse James 2011/03/09 01:45:56
    Jesse James
    +2
    Why should she go on his show? It's none of his business to ask questions like why did it take you 5 different colleges to graduate from school? Or what was your major, because there are conflicting stories as to wither or it was journalism or communication? Or why do birds fly away when you are near? Jon has no other intention other than to make her look silly by bringing up her history. She is smarter than that. She would do better by interviewing herself and asking herself the questions and then replying back to them on facebook.
  • marcuss....PHART 2011/03/09 01:45:30
    marcuss....PHART
    +4
    Just as MA0bama is afraid to debate Limbaugh, Glenn Beck or O'riley.
  • Jackie O marcuss... 2011/03/09 02:03:36
    Jackie O
    Are Bill, Sean or Glenn running for President in 2012? I didn't know.
  • marcuss... Jackie O 2011/03/09 02:24:52
    marcuss....PHART
    +1
    Is Palin running in 2012? Do you have a crystal ball?
  • Jackie O marcuss... 2011/03/09 02:40:33
    Jackie O
    +1
    She said she would run if no one else stepped up to the plate. She has the formula for putting our economy back on track and is willing to help, if no one else steps forward. She's brilliant...a cure for the economy..what's next cancer?
  • marcuss... Jackie O 2011/03/09 02:46:20 (edited)
    marcuss....PHART
    +1
    The LEFTISTS would never give her a chance. The constant attacks will intensify. She would fit in to a cabinet position for the next administration, She would fit in very well. Palin would take no prisoners. The LEFTISTS would go into feeding frenzy mode.
  • Jackie O marcuss... 2011/03/09 02:50:04
    Jackie O
    +2
    She's a joke....a big joke. i don't blame her, I blame John McCain. He should have never selected her to be a heartbeat away, especially when the first heart beat is as old as the hills. The poor woman is not very well educated, sorely out of touch with current events, and doesn't know enough to go back to Wasilla and bake brownies for the church fair!
  • marcuss... Jackie O 2011/03/09 02:53:28
    marcuss....PHART
    +1
    She made the oil companies pay the people of Alaska. What has bammy done? I mean other than piss away 2.4 TRILLION.
  • Bureauc... marcuss... 2011/03/09 03:20:37
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +1
    More like 4 or 5 Trillion and to answer your question......
    4 5 answer obama burning constitution
  • Jackie O marcuss... 2011/03/09 11:22:01
    Jackie O
    +1
    He mad BP pay the people of the America. Get a reality check....the poor woman doesn't know when to go home. McCain's people spent the time with her, trying to get her caught up on world, national current events...geography....but the woman's not that smart. This is why political comedians, like Jon Stewart, have a field day. If I were a republican...I'd tell her to get another line of work other than giving Kathy Griffin more air time!
  • marcuss... Jackie O 2011/03/09 22:12:51
  • Jesse J... marcuss... 2011/03/09 23:43:24
    Jesse James
    Are you saying she used her position as Gov. and took money from the capitalist and gave it to the people of Alaska? I knew she was a socialist all the time. Thanks for confirming that.
  • marcuss... Jesse J... 2011/03/10 00:23:12
    marcuss....PHART
    Then you would vote for her. You LWNJs love a good handout.

2014/11/22 10:26:44