Is Racism Against Whites the “New Black”?

Southern Man 2012/12/12 20:10:39
I think it is
No it is not
This is what I think

I stopped watching Saturday Night Live right about the time it stopped being funny. The days of Will Ferrell, Chris Farley, and too many others to name are, sadly, long gone.

Think back, if you’re old enough to remember, to a time when Christopher Walken was on the show. Imagine what would have happened had he opened SNL with a lively monologue that consisted entirely of talk about his white-ness, how great it is to be white, and ended with promoting his latest movie in which he kills all the black people and thinks that’s just fantastic. Better yet, what if Christopher had taken the time to talk about how white his President was, and promised more white-ness in his second term?

Think that would stir up just a tad bit of controversy? I imagine it would.

Read More: http://politichicks.tv/column/is-racism-against-wh...

• rusty 2013/02/08 21:25:15
    I think it is
    rusty
    +1
    this is nothing new
    White people are just not that precious, we dont really care. Too busy properly raising our children, paying taxes and working
  • JohnPublius 2013/01/28 21:44:42
    I think it is
    JohnPublius
    +1
    Racism that targets Whites is the New Black and the Old Black - Blacks have been attacking Whites for hundreds of years -
    Back in the 1930s, Norman Podhoretz was attacked by 2 typical negro brothers one of whom used a baseball bat on him because he did better in school than Baseball Bat Boy -a typical jealous lazy violent product of the slums , read all about his encounter:
    "My Negro Problem--And Ours"Norman Podhoretz,Commentary, Feb 1963
  • Vitalani 2013/01/04 02:52:19 (edited)
    This is what I think
    Vitalani
    Uh, well you seem a little peeved. I'm sure others share your thoughts. That IS controversy. I feel like by posting this you are proving your whole point wrong...
  • Eddie 2012/12/17 01:18:35
    This is what I think
    Eddie
    +3
    I don't remember the date or even where I was at the time when I heard it, but the general statement was that minorities are incapable of being racist because they are minorities. So any statement they make or action they take that is generated on the basis of race cannot be considered racist. I really thought that was so stupid. Then years later when Bill Clinton became president. The news reported that young Chelsea was given an essay assignment in her new Washington school. The title and focus of which was supposed to be, "Why I'm ashamed to be white.". Again, I was stupefied.
    My own family tree is somewhat racially mixed. As I suspect most any Americans would be if they had been in this country for as many generations as mine has been and they actually went to the trouble to really investigate it.
    Anyone, and I do mean anyone, has the ability to be a bigot and to promote racist values and bigotry. Like greed, racism/bigotry is an insidious beast. One which rarely shows itself in a large and grand way. Instead it creeps into the hearts and minds of individuals and exerts itself quietly until it gains the power to provoke irrationality and pain through those it infects.
    No one is immune from it really. Not ever. It's the enemy within which everyone must defend themselves a...

No one is immune from it really. Not ever. It's the enemy within which everyone must defend themselves and one another against.
    There is nothing wrong with recognizing and discussing racial and characteristic differences which are significant to the individual and their personal ancestry openly. I believe it's even beneficial to the larger society as a whole. These are the variations which enrich and enlighten our own distinctively American culture. For it is of them that we are made. The harm is done when one identity is elevated in some way to an artificial station of superiority over another.
    In this particular situation I see one group (whites) which for a long time enjoyed that position of superiority. Now the clock has come full circle and their time in the limelight has run it's course and many of them are struggling with that inevitable eventuality. Conversely many of those which for so long held in a perceptible position of social inferiority (people of color) are seeking satisfaction and vengeance for the injustice. What they may not realize is that in doing so they are in fact becoming that which they despised for so long. Thereby sowing the seeds of continued discord and separation which will continue to weaken our society as a whole. Racism, bigotry and greed. These are among the cancers that continually eat at the very heart and soul of our society.
  • Mtg303 Eddie 2012/12/30 07:04:53 (edited)
    Mtg303
    +1
    Great post, thank you for sharing. The aftermath of the white superiority imposed in this country has far reaching affects in the current wealth-gap, unemployment rates, poverty levels and incarceration rates of today. Those cancers you speak of, racism, bigotry and greed are still being expressed, utilized and are practiced today. Becoming a source of oppression and discrimination in retaliation to the oppression and discrimination experienced only breeds more hate. One doesn't have to be of a particular race to recognize this, it's in plain view. We do need to talk openly about these issues as they weaken our country overall as you pointed out.

Jamie Fox however is a comedian, using humor to express his individual thoughts on a variety of subjects (these are not the thoughts of an entire racial group), he is not a good basis for this headline. SNL is an adult comedy hour, not a place for the thin skinned or the overly sensitive on most subjects.
  • JohnPub... Eddie 2013/01/28 21:47:34
    JohnPublius
    I have yet to hear about any blacks being assigned to write essays about "why O am ashamed to be Black" - they just lie thru theiri teeth about Black on White robbery, rape and murder, to say nothing of casual violence, which H. Rap Brown said was "As American as apple pie."
  • Eddie JohnPub... 2013/01/29 14:52:58
    Eddie
    Neither have I but then two wrongs don't make a right.
    When considering and discussing something insideous and subtly ingrained into history and society like racism. One must remember that they will hear lies and excuses coming from all directions. As people attempt to explain away unitentional insidences of it which they themselves or others they hold dear have found themselves to be complicit in. Truth is often the victim in such situations.
    The only true way to deal with such a situation is to own the truth, admit it and put it to rest. Then turn the page and set a new path for yourself. One on which you strive to do things differently and on which you encourage others to follow your example. The tit-for-tat pattern only fosters more of the same and fuels the feud. There will always be someone who was done wrong last but that person has to be big enough to say, 'Enough! I don't need or want reciprocity. Let it end with me.'
    That's why it says in the bible, "Vengence is mine, sayeth the Lord" and 'Turn the other cheek'. Too many people pass those up in their eagerness to embrace the old 'Eye for an Eye'. That one only leaves everyone half blind.
  • John Galt jr or Ron/jon 2012/12/16 23:34:29
    I think it is
    John Galt jr or Ron/jon
    +1
    Racism is just an excuse for bigots to discriminate against people they don't understand..
    http://webstation19.8k.com/di...
  • yaaarrrggghhh 2012/12/16 15:42:25
    No it is not
    yaaarrrggghhh
    +1
    Not yet, but some are definitely trying.
  • Tim 2012/12/16 02:18:34
    This is what I think
    Tim
    +2
    I don't know if it's "racist" per se. Just idiotic.

Jamie Foxx got carried away up there. The joke seemed to start out kinda funny - but then went sideways with the whole kill whitey thing.

Televised comments like that should definitely be condemned. No excuses.
  • Irene Cochran 2012/12/15 15:21:54
    This is what I think
    Irene Cochran
    +2
    They are trieing to devide this country.People of all races that are U.S. citizens need to come together and be a people together and stop the Hate.
  • Jazzyjimmy56 2012/12/15 08:06:45
    I think it is
    Jazzyjimmy56
    +1
    Some blacks are the most racist people I know.
  • MadMax 2012/12/14 18:58:13 (edited)
    This is what I think
    MadMax
    +1
    People suck regardless of color and Jamie Fox is far from an exception. Also, were I a black man, I wouldn't brag about Obama's "blackness". He makes Wayne Brady, Cuba Goodings Jr. and Tiger Woods look like NWA.
  • TidBit 2012/12/14 06:31:16
    This is what I think
    TidBit
    +2
    In my opinion (I am not for racim in any form) but i think A FEW black people pull this because they know they can get away with it......it's called taking advantage of white guilt (cause we MAYBE, JUST MAYBE owned an ancestor of their's how many centuries ago). White people are elslaved in a way....we cant celebrate our own ethnicity or we are labelled as "white supremacists" even though no activities of such are involved. Reverse racism: the only racism tolerated by the left wing.
  • mickeyf... TidBit 2012/12/25 08:28:49
    mickeyfingers
    if a black man steals a candy bar the news will show his picture for weeks. but just last week when this demon killed those children . it took hours to post a picture and even with the movie theater situation . i bet you cant recall his image .but Travon martin was murdered and you know his face. And that's a spec of the inequality that goes on in the world
  • Souther... mickeyf... 2012/12/25 13:59:14
  • 11 Phenomenon - eNews 2012/12/14 05:30:17
    I think it is
    11 Phenomenon - eNews
    +1
    With an increasing amount of people. We have the professional race baiters and hypocrite comedians and plenty of racist crimes against whites. It seems there is a blind eye towards it. Of course there is racism of all kinds out there. But until people stop justifying it then it won't go away. The ones to blame are those who are race baiters and the hypocrites who try to justify it. It is either wrong or it is not.
  • laydeelapis 2012/12/13 23:33:46
    This is what I think
    laydeelapis
    Please! It is NOT that bad. Yeah, they're getting away with more racism toward white people than they would if it was geared at anyone of colour but people, not just white people but anyone if this was happening to them, should stop being so sensitive. It's for comedy.
  • BigFig#9 2012/12/13 20:50:14
    No it is not
    BigFig#9
    Almost as stupid as 'war against religion'.
  • EDWARD G 2012/12/13 19:33:27
    This is what I think
    EDWARD G
    +1
    I do not watch programs which demean White people. I find such programming tiresome and frankly, ludicrous. I was not put on this earth to suit Jamie Foxx nor was he put here to suit me.( Unless God has a really warped sense of humor). I refuse to allow anyone to hold me captive like that. Let it go.
  • burningsnowman 2012/12/13 18:45:13 (edited)
    This is what I think
    burningsnowman
    +1
    What is "racism"? People have totally different ideas of what racism is. Is it racist to think that race is real? Is it racist to be proud of your race? Is it racist if you prefer *other* races to yours or distrust your race? Are only white people capable of being racist (or inherently racist) because "they are privileged" like some of the left argues? Is only racial discrimination racist? Most people would object to being called racist. But I guarantee you depending on who you asked and how private they thought their answers were, you'd get totally different responses.
  • roxie 2012/12/13 18:39:24
    This is what I think
    roxie
    +1
    We are products of our enviornment and culture.
    But once we grow up you realize that we are really all the same, bigotry comes in all forms. stupid people being stupid stupid people being stupid
  • gfreeman BN-0 2012/12/13 18:03:31
    I think it is
    gfreeman BN-0
    Because we are such a small minority, the black man be keepin' us down.
  • Christy 2012/12/13 17:51:59
    This is what I think
    Christy
    So you're saying SNL isn't politically correct enough for ya?
  • 11 Phen... Christy 2012/12/14 05:23:27
    11 Phenomenon - eNews
    They are, like most liberals, politically correct when it is convenient for them.
  • I NEED A HORSE 2012/12/13 17:24:33 (edited)
  • Herbtheman 2012/12/13 17:13:07
    I think it is
    Herbtheman
    +1
    they have been against us for a long time they just show it more now that they have obummer in the white house.
  • lm1b2 2012/12/13 16:25:21
    This is what I think
    lm1b2
    It always has!
  • Tuna 2012/12/13 16:21:40
    This is what I think
    Tuna
    +3
    It's the progressive movement hiding behind Obama's skin color; using black Americans as their human shields. THAT'S THE RACISM. progressive communists
  • KilrQueen 2012/12/13 15:15:34
    This is what I think
    KilrQueen
    +3
    I personally think racism is a crock of crap and if people would stop making it the center of attention it would be able to die...but no, we can't do that can we,,,,gotta keep harping on it.
  • Bob 2012/12/13 15:14:27
    I think it is
    Bob
    Reverse discrimination. No way!
  • MiniB 2012/12/13 14:44:32
    No it is not
    MiniB
    +3
    I think too many people, both black and white, are angry and easily offended. I would be the first to say I feel shame about our history as whites because of how we have treated other races throughout time, BUT, I also think the past is the past and there's no use being angry over it.
    I think 'Black Pride' should be more about celebrating the awesome accomplishments despite the obstacles... not angry attitudes that seem to linger.

I think people are getting worked up over Jamie Fox's comments for no reason. The man is a commedian and an actor, nothing more. How many times through history did white people say hateful things about blacks in a cruel way? At least he's killing whites on the big screen and not in real life.... Plus... the whites in the movie need killin' as they are evil men.
  • 11 Phen... MiniB 2012/12/14 05:26:52
    11 Phenomenon - eNews
    Oppressing and enslaving others is a human condition. History shows that it is not just a white thing... To think otherwise would be the definition of racism.
  • MiniB 11 Phen... 2012/12/17 15:19:37
    MiniB
    Thank you...
  • mickeyf... 11 Phen... 2012/12/25 08:32:33
    mickeyfingers
    so that makes it what. are you defending.facts 1960 was like yesterday
  • 11 Phen... mickeyf... 2012/12/29 23:08:06
    11 Phenomenon - eNews
    That makes it a fact. And no reason to be racist against whites. Justifying racism is another human condition that some use to continue in their hatred.
  • dave b 2012/12/13 13:55:33
    I think it is
    dave b
    +3
    This is what "Progressive Liberalism" brings to the American table.
    I read a little bit of Fox's ramblings and one thing that struck me was his saying that as a kid, white people called him the 'N' word a lot, and that it hurt him which I can understand. But my thought is that he's probably been called the 'N' word a lot more by his own people all of his life.....the N word is the N word regardless.
  • kathy.k... dave b 2012/12/13 20:32:23
    kathy.km.96
    +10
    Seriously? You can't possibly imagine the difference between being called a Ni**er by a random stranger and being it called in by your friends/peers, who in a deliberate action, claimed the word that inflicted such harm to their "own people"? Are you just pretending or are you REALLY that thick?
  • dave b kathy.k... 2012/12/14 13:55:44
    dave b
    +2
    Gee, kathy....you just cant help insulting people you disagree with, can you?
  • kathy.k... dave b 2012/12/28 15:29:41
    kathy.km.96
    Gee, Dave...You call it "insulting". I call it "stating the obvious". But no, I won't mince words &/or play nice.

2014/04/18 13:22:15