Is providing free healthcare, condoms and abortions more important to Democrats than providing jobs?

tncdel 2012/11/21 17:34:33

• Scandalf 2012/11/22 21:11:37
    Other [tell us].
    Scandalf
    Ask a Democrat, I'm for "Magocracy", a society ruled by wizards like me!
  • Nameless 2012/11/22 01:48:54
    Other [tell us].
    Nameless
    Both are important - and equally so.
  • michael 2012/11/22 01:22:36
    YES [comment as you wish].
    michael
    meant to say no,as you will need more health workers for general healthcare ,and doctors and nurses for abortions,and more jobs in condom manufacturing .
  • Christine/Rest in peace Pet... 2012/11/21 23:53:32
    YES [comment as you wish].
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +1
    The ads I saw were mostly lies, and worst of these tried to portray conservatives as wanting to keep women from having s and acting like we wanted them locked back up in chasity belts. It seemed this election was all about racism, the right to have abortions at any stage,and having condems payed for. For me, the election was about a lot more than having some responsibility for what I do with my body in relationships. There were many issues of this adminstration that impacted both my family and friends with hardships, as well as my children's future.
  • NYCbrit 2012/11/21 23:29:10
    YES [comment as you wish].
    NYCbrit
    +2
    It certainly seems that these social issues are more important, but then again it could just be a way to divert attention from the crippling problem of joblessness.
  • DuncanONeil 2012/11/21 22:43:15
    YES [comment as you wish].
    DuncanONeil
    +2
    It gets them one step closer to control of everything!
  • tom 2012/11/21 22:10:32
    YES [comment as you wish].
    tom
    +1
    yes that lets them keep their government jobs and keeps the masses unknowing servents
  • Wulfdane 2012/11/21 20:54:59 (edited)
    YES [comment as you wish].
    Wulfdane
    +2
    Except it is not free, hence why our deficit is climbing to stratospheric levels.
  • Chokmah 2012/11/21 20:42:55
    YES [comment as you wish].
    Chokmah
    +2
    THE most important things to Democrats are condoms and abortions. Jobs be damned, welfare and food stamps can take the place of honest work.

Healthcare will be rationed and the sheeple will line up like lambs to slaughter.
  • Christi... Chokmah 2012/11/21 23:58:05
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +1
    They are already starting to ration healthcare to the seniors. My husband has already been put on alert his care will be cut back when Obamacare is fully implemented. Other members of my family are impacted by the decreased levels of TRI care my military family members are receiving, and medications that will no longer be availabe except on the black market. But hey, we can legally smoke weed so that we don't notice right?
  • Chokmah Christi... 2012/11/22 02:11:28
    Chokmah
    +1
    "Oh Brave New World" --- Aldous Huxley
  • jammer 2012/11/21 20:15:06
    NO [explain].
    jammer
    +1
    study after study all show the economy does better under democrats.
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/...
  • Chokmah jammer 2012/11/21 20:44:50 (edited)
    Chokmah
    +1
    Statistics show that America is sitting on a time bomb.

The real estate bubble formed the base upon which a series of bubbles in derivatives were built. Specifically, mortgages were packaged in “collateralized debt obligations” (CDOs), which were sold in enormous volumes all over the world. Credit default swaps were then bet against the companies which bought and sold the CDOs.

Now, with housing prices crashing, the CDO bubble is crashing, as is the CDS bubble.

A series of other derivatives bubbles are also crashing. For example, the “collateralized fund obligations” – sort of like CDOs, but where the assets of a hedge fund are the asset being bet on – are getting creamed as hedge funds are forced to sell off many hundreds of billions in assets to cover margin calls.

As everyone knows, the size of the global derivatives bubble was almost 10 times the size of the world economy [Update: It was actually 20 times the world economy]. And many areas of derivatives are still hidden and murky.

So the bust of the derivatives bubble could even be bigger than the bust of the housing bubble.

Too bad the government helped to blow the derivatives bubble, and isn’t doing anything to rein in derivatives now.
  • DuncanO... jammer 2012/11/21 22:48:48
    DuncanONeil
    "Study after study", and all you have is something from a single biased source.
    The issue is that the economy is not run by D.C.
    Plus there is no way to prove what it would have been like had what was done was not done.
  • Chokmah jammer 2012/11/22 08:53:40
    Chokmah
    I guess these studies must of skipped over the Woodrow Wilson war years, the FDR Great Depression, and WWII, Harry Truman's Korean War, LBJs Vietnam war and civil discord, JImmy Carter's gas lines and inflation, Clinton's tech bubble and burgeoning housing collapse. and Obama's record unemployment, housing malaise, food stamp presidency and constant war years.
  • Christopher Myers 2012/11/21 20:05:49
    Other [tell us].
    Christopher Myers
    +1
    Gee, having adequate health care for all citizens is, well ... kinda important. That's why every OTHER advanced nation has nationalized health care. It would seem the idea of "American exceptionalism" means all other nations having NHS except America.
  • tncdel Christo... 2012/11/21 20:08:02
    tncdel
    +1
    You unwittingly prove my point.
  • Christo... tncdel 2012/11/21 20:13:34
    Christopher Myers
    +1
    Are you suggesting that health care is unimportant? Just wait until you get sick. I mean *really* sick and see where your priorities shift.
  • Christi... Christo... 2012/11/22 00:10:49
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +1
    Raved by mistake. Better take another look at what the new healthcare law entitles people too. Sure it is great as far as prevention, but if you actually get sick and need it? My city has lost 15 percent of our doctors due to Obamacare. I personally have lost 3 family doctors since the healthcare bill was passed.

The third doctor we got in to see took us 2 months to set an appointment. During that time a minor problem escalated into my husband being taken to the hospital. It could have been prevented if we had got into see someone who recognised danger signs. Now we are trying once again to find a doctor, and they are not excepting new patients because they are overloaded with the ones they have.

My husband also was scheduled to get a new pacemaker next year. He has already been advised that he will not get one under the new healthcare regulations. So here we sit hoping that it goes out in the next few months so he can live.

My husband's grandaughter was born with cancer, and the new regulations are effecting how far the doctors will go in trying to save her.

Our wonderful local doctor's hospital was closed when it was the only hospital in the area that provided decent care. This hospital was formed by doctors who were disgusted with the care level given to thier patie...

Our wonderful local doctor's hospital was closed when it was the only hospital in the area that provided decent care. This hospital was formed by doctors who were disgusted with the care level given to thier patients at the only hospital in town. So they built their own and it was top of the line. But doctor owned hospitals are on the hit list, and regulations are so tight around thier neck that all but less than ten in the country have closed down, or sold out.

So great, I have to pay almost double the insurance for the same coverage I had 4 years ago, and what do I do with it when I can't get anything but preventive care. I can have all the insurance in the world , but without the doctors to treat me, it is useless.
  • Christo... Christi... 2012/11/23 19:55:05
    Christopher Myers
    The doctors that leave due to Obamacare are only interested in the money. If they really cared about their patients, they wouldn't abandon them. Perhaps it may be a good thing in the long run that your doctors aren't motivated only by the amount of plastic in your wallet.
  • Chokmah Christo... 2012/11/22 02:16:44
    Chokmah
    +1
    Yeah, all of Europe is going bankrupt providing unlimited healthcare and early pensions... sounds great until it implodes!
  • electracon 2012/11/21 19:48:23
    YES [comment as you wish].
    electracon
    +1
    must be the reason
  • Magus BN-0 2012/11/21 19:45:51
    Other [tell us].
    Magus BN-0
    It's Republicans who are trying to keep unemployment from dropping.
  • tncdel Magus BN-0 2012/11/21 20:09:47
    tncdel
    Are you implying that Obama is a Republican? If not, then how does your statement mesh with his record noted in these?:

• Magus BN-0 tncdel 2012/11/21 23:38:09
    Magus BN-0
    No, I'm saying that it's Republicans like John Boehner and Mitch McConnell who have stood in the way of everything that would create more jobs.
  • Retta 2012/11/21 19:19:24
    NO [explain].
    Retta
    +3
    No. The Grand Obstructionist Party said "NO" without addressing anything presented to them: even the Jobs bill...and took unscheduled vacations and breaks to avoid the crucial things. Their goal of "making POTUS a one-term president" is treason. We paid them to go there and do the people's work, and instead, they decided to make Pres. Obama their scapegoat and kill every effort he put before them. They should all be sent packing and NO pensions and benefits. It's what would happen in the private sector, and they should be granted no extra privileges. They are a disgrace to our country.,,.and the people spoke loud and clear in the 2012 election. We will not stand for it.
  • tncdel Retta 2012/11/21 20:11:49
    tncdel
    +1
    You're utterly wrong about that. The Harry Reid-controlled Senate block 31 House proposed jobs bills.

Additionally, how do you explain what Obama has done thus far here?:

• DuncanO... Retta 2012/11/21 22:53:50
    DuncanONeil
    "The Grand Obstructionist Party said "NO" without addressing anything presented to them: even the Jobs bill"
    ..Horse Hockey! The Gop produced more than a dozen jobs bills that Harry Reid decided the Senate was not even going to get the opportunity to consider. If any had passed & been even moderately successful the Demoncrats could not blame them for things not getting done.

"(T)he people spoke loud and clear in the 2012 election"
    ..If Congress is not getting things done & the people put, essentially, the same people back in office the implication is that the people do not want the Government doing what it it trying to do.
  • dave b 2012/11/21 19:14:29
    YES [comment as you wish].
    dave b
    +1
    Obviously....
  • santa6642 2012/11/21 19:12:14
    YES [comment as you wish].
    santa6642
    +1
    Jobs are not needed as long as China send goods over.
    NO [explain].
    +3
    Of course not....

is stalling and obstructing, calling rape-babies "gifts from god" and controlling a woman's sex life more important to the Republicans than making the jobs they talked about?
  • tncdel Lady Wh... 2012/11/21 20:12:34
  • DuncanO... Lady Wh... 2012/11/21 22:58:27
    DuncanONeil
    +1
    The GOP passed more than a dozen jobs bills that Harry Reid decided would not be allowed consideration in the Senate.
    If anyone is stalling & obstructing it is him!
  • Denny 2012/11/21 19:05:30
    YES [comment as you wish].
    Denny
    +1
    What's the difference??? Losing your job is not painful enough if there are foodstamps, unemployment and welfare enough to go around. Last summer all we had to do was cut down on our cable TV a little.
  • sbtbill 2012/11/21 19:05:01
    Other [tell us].
    sbtbill
    +1
    Providing "free" health care to people who need it is as important as jobs.

However, the question assumes that we can not have both. We certainly can and should have both.
  • tncdel sbtbill 2012/11/21 20:14:09
    tncdel
    Someone earning an income to pay for those "freebies" is far more important.

P.S. So what's your opinion of Obama's jobs record here?:

• DuncanO... sbtbill 2012/11/21 22:59:49
    DuncanONeil
    Government does not provide jobs! Government providing health insurance will do nothing to improve health care, it will do the opposite, in fact.
  • dave b sbtbill 2012/11/22 00:13:03
    dave b
    ObamaKare has nothing to do with healthcare. It has to do with generating revenue, growing government and financing things like Obama's "civilian security force who are "just as well trained and just as well equiped" as our military.
    The fact is that the small percentage of those who couldnt get healthcare (and wanted it) could have been included in Medicare for less that 1/10th the projected cost of ObamaKare.
  • Embalmer 2012/11/21 18:57:35
    YES [comment as you wish].
    Embalmer
    When it comes to saving the lives of fellow Americans - hell yes.
  • tncdel Embalmer 2012/11/21 20:16:18
    tncdel
    +1
    That rules out the 2nd and the 3rd thing mentioned in the topic question. Regarding the 1st [healthcare], if someone has a job earning money to pay for healthcare AND EVERYTHING ELSE NEEDED BY THEM, isn't that the most important thing?

2014/07/28 16:43:25