Is Profiling Racist, or Does Not Profiling Make You Ignorant?

Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/04 03:52:59

Since when is something we do every day taboo, like profiling? Every American who can think, profiles. If you are looking for a mate, you profile. In fact, if you search for a mate on line, the first thing you do is establish a profile. You profile yourself!

When you fill out a resume to look for a job, your resume is a profile. When you show up for the interview, you are being profiled by your potential employer. You beginning to get the picture?

The doorman at a trendy bar profiles, and you won't see anybody getting into one of New York's or LA's trendy clubs who dresses like they are from the chess club. Those same doormen reject anybody wearing hoodies too.

Profiles are based on statistics -- the propensity of certain demographics to do certain things. So for example, if you're black, know that you have a 93 percent chance that the person who commits a heinous crime against you will be black, hoodie or no hoodie. That's not the fault of statistics, those are the facts, and the facts are the fault of black thugs.

Anybody remember Georgia teenager Bobby Tillman, who was stomped, kicked and punched to death by four young men, for no apparent reason or the case of Derrion Albert, a Chicago honor student stomped to death by a group of his peers?

But don't expect the race-baiting blacks to sound any alarm bells.

As Javier David wrote in The Griot, back in 2010:

"far too many [black community leaders] remain on the sidelines when they should be forcefully addressing the dysfunctional behavior that is far too commonplace in black communities."

But don't think the groups who is supposed to be fighting for all colored people is speaking out against black on black crime as David further comments:

"...the NAACP has issued a blizzard of press releases and public statements on a range of issues, yet one searches in vain for a call to action on criminality in black neighborhoods...the organization's most noteworthy contribution to public discourse was notoriously misguided feud with the Tea Party movement that alleged its members were motivated primarily by racism. Indeed, both the NAACP and the Urban League have largely devoted themselves to supporting President Obama's policies, while remaining silent on the near-apocalyptic violence that takes place in black communities on a daily basis."

Translated: Neither the NAACP nor the Urban League will get involved in protesting any criminal activities against black people unless somebody white -- or half white -- is involved.

And what of Muslim profiling?

Recently the NYPD came under fire for profiling Muslim men ages 18-35 and there was massive outcry against the cops. The truth is, if Muslims in that demographic would stop blowing stuff up, they will cease to be profiled. Who do they expect the NYPD to watch, 80-year old grandmothers, or maybe 13 year old Mexican girls?

The NYPD didn't wake up one day and put a fatwa out on Muslims. In case people have forgotten, Muslims blew up the World Trade Center buildings in the name of Islam. Further the NYPD has thwarted many more attempts by Muslims to create havoc in America. Here are a few of the dozens of examples that we know of:

• Six Yemeni men arrested for providing material support for Al Qaeda and running a terrorist cell in Buffalo NY.
  • Eleven members of the Virginia Jihad Network were arrested, accused of training for holy war around the globe.
  • Seven men arrested after discovered plotting to bomb the Sears Tower and FBI offices.

But the ACLU and about every other Liberal imbecile wants you to believe that this type of profiling is against the rights of Muslims. NOT profiling Muslims is against the rights of Judeo-Christian Americans.

Muslims all in the U.S. and abroad plot world domination, and find more and more creative ways to blow up Americans, but we are not supposed to profile them to show our tolerance. Sure; dead people are amazingly tolerant.

Forget what you know, what you observe about the reality of your world is what the Left wants you to do. In the world of the Left, it is bad cops who have created the black on black crime statistics, and not the fault of black people for killing each other. Also with Liberals, everybody is equally suspicious when it comes to blowing up buildings, Americans, or the military, so profile everybody equally. We all get a trophy.

I say, be proud profilers. Refuse to take Liberals' tolerance classes, and demand classes that teach you better statistical profiling techniques. Let any challenger to your right to profile know that you have profiled them as an ignorant, racist, meddling Liberal, and that you stand firmly by that profile.

From : American Thinker

• CAPISCE Tom 2012/04/05 04:23:50
    CAPISCE
    +1
    He didn't say mistreat
  • Thor Am... Tom 2012/04/05 10:31:08
    Thor American EXPAT n New Guinea
    +1
    Who said anything about mistreating anyone? Only a liberal would equate the two.
    Do you choose tea over coffee? How about vanilla over strawberry? Well if you do you're PROFILING.
  • Tom Thor Am... 2012/04/05 13:58:05
    Tom
    What an idiot! This is NOT about, "ice cream," it's about liberty, It's about freedom, it's about equal protection under the law. Only a liberal cares about that, right? I'm no liberal, go lick some ice cream.
  • Thor Am... Tom 2012/04/05 16:59:49
    Thor American EXPAT n New Guinea
    +1
    Let me put it in terms even someone as simple as Corky can understand.

If a 6'3" 250lb white guy (don't want to be accused of being a racist) was assaulting women in the neighborhood.

Why would the cops stop and question a 5'8" 140lb black woman?

ANSWER; BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T FIT THE PROFILE! ! ! !

Have you figured it out yet?
  • Tom Thor Am... 2012/04/05 19:37:26
    Tom
    That would IDENTIFYING a suspect.... FOOL, not profiling... Corky!
  • Thor Am... Tom 2012/04/05 19:58:51
    Thor American EXPAT n New Guinea
    +1
    NOPE it's PROFILING ask any cop what a profile is.
  • Tom Thor Am... 2012/04/05 21:22:35 (edited)
    Tom
    I use to be a deputy sheriff 77/78, profiling was routine, I challenged it, they fired me for insubordination.

Profiling a person based on their race, or clothing, or zip code is WRONG!

I told them THANK YOU, thank you very much!
  • Thor Am... Tom 2012/04/06 00:57:17 (edited)
    Thor American EXPAT n New Guinea
    +1
    [...]

Hight, weight, race, age. IS A PROFILE.

OK Mrs. Jones is the man that assaulted you in the line-up.>>>>>&...
    THAT IS IDENTIFICATION

Identification comes from hauling in the perp that MATCHES the ........................PROFILE. See how that works.
  • Tom Thor Am... 2012/04/06 03:47:46
    Tom
    I may be an idiot, but I'm not an idiot that judges people based on their race.

Anyway, a "Profile," is a noun and is more individual!

Profiling is a verb, the term hi jacked, as a tactic used to pursecute people based on their race, style of dress, or zip code.
  • Thor Am... Tom 2012/04/06 23:25:28
    Thor American EXPAT n New Guinea
    +1
    [I may be an idiot, but I'm not an idiot that judges people based on their race]

Well you got the above half right so I guess that's something. Now we'll just have to agree you don't know what a profile is.
  • Tom Thor Am... 2012/04/07 04:49:27
    Tom
    Ok smart guy!
  • marylou5 Thor Am... 2012/04/05 05:56:47
    marylou5
    +2
    Imagine that :-) Safety through profiling and especially singling out those who were the only ones who ever put bombs on airplanes! Sounds like a sensible plan to me!
  • marylou5 Tom 2012/04/04 16:36:43
    marylou5
    +2
    You seriously jest?
  • Tom marylou5 2012/04/05 04:19:25
    Tom
    NO PROFILING!
  • Rave 2012/04/04 12:02:33
    Other Thoughts!
    Rave
    +2
    Profiling works but common sense must be used. If there is a black man minding his own business and walking on the street, and there hasn't been a serious crime around for some time, then there is no reason to stop the man and search him, even if in the neighborhood most crimes are committed by black men.

We shouldn't make the innocent feel guilty simply because of their race/sex. But profiling is what cops must do, if there is a rape committed, cops aren't exactly gonna start looking for teenage girls to arrest.

Sometimes profiling gets the innocent in trouble though, my friend from LA said that white females are the least likely to ever get stopped by the police for a search or arrested, so when she was young and a teen she went around putting graffiti on walls around her neighborhood, eventually the police got into it, and once when caught in the act, she was let go for it with just a slap on the wrist, but her best friend who was a Latino male, who was just standing around there and not actually doing the damage; was arrested and brought in immediately and had to serve quite a long time for it too.
  • rudeboy Rave 2012/04/04 12:49:07
    rudeboy
    I've got similar experiences as well.

Profiling has to be done with sense or it is opressive
  • lm1b2 Rave 2012/04/04 13:25:04
    lm1b2
    BS
  • Tom lm1b2 2012/04/04 16:05:02
    Tom
    "BS," when it not your race, or type being profiled.
  • rudeboy 2012/04/04 11:25:03
    Profiling is.....
    rudeboy
    Racist when it is racial profiling when no crime has occurred.

Why should I be searched for no reason other that I am black?

If you're profiling to catch a particular criminal with a particular description, yes it makes sense. What is the police doing searching me on a street near my house, where there has been no recent crime?
  • CAPISCE rudeboy 2012/04/04 12:31:49
    CAPISCE
    Nobody said that
  • rudeboy CAPISCE 2012/04/04 12:49:27
    rudeboy
    Said what?
  • CAPISCE rudeboy 2012/04/05 04:44:08
    CAPISCE
    Wrong post, my bad
  • lm1b2 rudeboy 2012/04/04 13:30:34
    lm1b2
    +1
    BS,if your in a all white neighbor,and a majority of the crime is being done by blacks you will be stopped,just like you would be in a black neighborhood if a majority of crime is being committed by whites.I have been stopped in black neighborhoods,the cops thought I was their for drugs,or prostitution,it works both ways Amigo!
  • rudeboy lm1b2 2012/04/04 13:41:18
    rudeboy
    BS.......I was searched when there was no recent crime. Or just searched randomly
  • lm1b2 rudeboy 2012/04/04 13:45:27
    lm1b2
    +1
    You probably have that look Amigo!
  • rudeboy lm1b2 2012/04/04 15:33:08
    rudeboy
    +1
    Eff you.
  • lm1b2 rudeboy 2012/04/05 13:59:27
    lm1b2
    Can't spell Amigo?
  • wolf sloan 2012/04/04 11:13:22
    Profiling is.....
    wolf sloan
    +1
    a study in demographics
  • Cliff 2012/04/04 10:54:44
    Profiling is.....
    Cliff
    +5
    Profiling is common sense.
  • Tom Cliff 2012/04/04 16:08:02
    Tom
    "Profiling is common sense," if you are NOT the race or group being profiled. What about The Constitution? What about equal protection under the law?
  • marylou5 Tom 2012/04/04 16:44:28 (edited)
    marylou5
    +1
    Why do you assume profiling is directed at you...walk in the shoes of the rest of us at airport searches..babies, toddlers, senior citizens of all colors.... except black of course!
    Have you ever heard a black claim abuse at the airport??? Nah!
    Get over yourself and work on your self esteem issues.
  • Tom marylou5 2012/04/05 04:23:26
    Tom
    I don't have to, "assume," a damn thing, I've been profiled, my sons have been profile. I know profiling, you don't.

"self esteem," is one thing, along with my net worth, I don't have a problem with, but thank you!
  • Cliff Tom 2012/04/04 21:45:38
    Cliff
    What about stupidity?
  • Tom Cliff 2012/04/05 04:23:48
    Tom
    Tell me about it!
  • Cliff Tom 2012/04/05 10:51:49
    Cliff
    +1
    Stupidy has many forms. One is the strip search of a toddler while an adult with middle easterner garb is given a pass.
  • Tom Cliff 2012/04/05 13:59:39
    Tom
    That's not stupid, that's EXTREME!
  • Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA 2012/04/04 10:34:29
    Profiling is.....
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Like it or don't like it, Everybody profiles, for good or bad...
  • Richard Hungwell AKA Relent... 2012/04/04 10:20:22
    Profiling is.....
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    +2
    Not racist. Racial profiling is somewhat racist, but also proven somewhat effective. profiling in general is not inherently racist though. For example, if you see someone with MS-13 tattooed across their forehead, it is perfectly acceptable to assume that they are bad news.
  • Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2012/04/04 05:56:42
    Profiling is.....
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +7
    This is asinine. I will say that profiling is as old as mankind.
  • Tom Charu ∞... 2012/04/04 16:08:58
    Tom
    NOT under the law!

2014/11/24 09:33:24