Is our government really slave owners?

Marie/M2M2K™-#1ConservativeGuru 2010/05/11 01:01:55
Yes, American citizens seem to be slaves of our government.
No, American citizens could not be described as being slaves of our government.
UP FRONT DISCLAIMER: Yes, that is a picture of Obama to the left, but this poll is NOT - I repeat - NOT - implying that I'm talking about Obama exclusively. I am talking about our government which includes legislators. I used this picture because of the caption that says "Making American Slaves."

Following is the reasoning I am using to ask this question.

Those who are on long-term or "chronic" welfare: It is my opinion that our government, who seem to enjoy their power, enable those on "chronic welfare" dependent on welfare and even work to keep them on welfare in order to maintain their power. Kids whose parent (s) are on "chronic welfare" are brought up in the system, and many (not all) develop an entitlement mindset. And it is this that, to me, resembles making these people slaves.

Then we have taxpayers, whose incomes are taxed mercilessly to pay for the bills. People work their behinds off and then have NO SAY SO where their money goes. It's taken from them before they ever see it. So taxpayers are being slaves of the government because their possessions (money) is snatched away forcibly.

Using the source below, American citizens seem to be slaves of our government.

The definition of enslave: To make into or as if into a slave.

Thesaurus:

Noun
1. enslavement - the state of being a slave; "So every bondman in his own hand bears the power to cancel his captivity"--Shakespeare
captivity subjection, subjugation - forced submission to control by others

2. enslavement - the act of making slaves of your captives capture, gaining control, seizure - the act of forcibly dispossessing an owner of property

• hermes23 2010/05/11 01:26:11
    hermes23
    +16
    The police state is not coming, it is here.

• technotrucker 2010/10/10 04:56:10
    technotrucker
    +2
    You betcha!

Seek the truth, or remain a victim.
    peace
  • NickPiazza 2010/06/18 13:07:51
    NickPiazza
    +1
    He'll yea were slaves..were raised to go to school so you learn how to correctly do your future jobs, work for your entire life until your to old or useless to do so and maybe you will be able to die comfortably...yea they abolished slavery alright..more like turned us all into slaves by making us believe that's what life is really all about. I hate how things are today
  • marvthemartian 2010/05/14 01:20:25
    marvthemartian
    +1
    The reason the employer gives your money to the government before you see it is because after you have it the gov knows they might never get it from you.
  • J 2010/05/13 20:48:44
    J
    Even those who receive the government handouts are slaves. They don't work, but are required to do (and vote) as their "owners" tell them or they will be severely reprimanded.
    +2
    To much government to much control. Also the politicians keep spending on issues that have very little if anything at all to do with public welfare and security and we keep working to pay taxes to support the government. End result we have less to spend on our own needs. Social economic slavery.
  • LOTR_HP~RWAC~CFM 2010/05/13 15:56:30
  • Marie/M... LOTR_HP... 2010/05/13 16:33:40
  • LOTR_HP... Marie/M... 2010/05/13 19:53:16
  • Dirty(oYo) 2010/05/12 20:47:27
    Dirty(oYo)
    +1
    Our " chronic welfare" recipients are not slaves, but addicts. The feeling of entitlement, as you put it, is the evidence of this addiction. Why our government will not correct this system is simply because we've yet to vote someone into office that could/ would/ will fix our welfare system.

As for the poor tax payer who is footing the bill, they are not slaves either. They can take their belongings and move to another country, easy!! I mean, look how easy it is for those who are allot less fortunate and educated, manage to move from one country to another. Surly the great American could do just as well!?

Our government is more like drug dealers. Whether you're a user or a pusher, this cartel is well established, well financed, and ain't going no where soon. Especially while greed is the driving force of it.
  • Marie/M... Dirty(oYo) 2010/05/12 20:48:28
  • marvthe... Dirty(oYo) 2010/05/14 01:27:34
    marvthemartian
    +1
    Other countries have higher taxes and fewer freedoms. This is our country and if those addicts don't want to provide for themselves if they are able let them leave the country and take ObozO with them.
  • Dirty(oYo) marvthe... 2010/05/14 19:27:45
    Dirty(oYo)
    "...if those addicts don't want to provide for themselves if they are able let them leave the country..."

I can definitely understand you sentiments here. I personally believe some of these 'addicts' are abusers of the system and I personally wish the welfare system was re-organized so that abusers could be identified, caught and prosecuted. That way, if we're going to pay for their housing and food, I'd rather it be through the prison system instead of the welfare system. But your suggestion will work too! ;)
  • Morningstar 2010/05/12 20:39:50 (edited)
    Morningstar
    +1
    it's up to you to decide for yourself.

undecided
    undecided
    decide
  • Semper Fi 2010/05/12 14:53:33
    Semper Fi
  • Conservative Craig 2010/05/12 13:59:32
    Conservative Craig
    +2
    It will only get worse as entitlements increase. Instead of just being slaves to our creditors it will be like duel ownership.
  • J Conserv... 2010/05/13 20:51:59 (edited)
    J
    +1
    Our creditors WILL be, and are swiftly becoming, the federal government. As is now, the only student loans can be through the government.
  • peacemaker 2010/05/12 12:48:58
    peacemaker
    +1
    i fear the day when we need id cards with our dna on the card to go anywhere and do anything i fear we are being more and more police state every day

this country was founded by slave owners
    i fear we are slaves
    the goverment controls us in ways we dont realize
    manipulation of the news media
    chemicals put into food products growth hormone in milk example
    makes young girls mature into puberty at younger ages
    and they get this image of wanting to look like famous celberties
    celebertiy worship
    remember when you said when i wanna grow up i wanna be president
    ask any kid today he wants to be an action movie star or rap star or rock and roll musician or actress or twiilight wannabe vampire groupie
    we are stupid and getting stupider by listening and following what the news media says
    eat this dont eat that
    diet diet diet diet
    watch my movie
    buy my product dont do this dont do that
    why do we listen to these people when they do nothing for us
    when at least the goverment gives us something back
    and we dont listen to them as much as we do celeberties?
  • Angelique ~ Pfffft! ;)~ 2010/05/12 05:46:02
    Angelique ~ Pfffft!  ;)~
    +1
    We are slaves and our government has done it's best to ensure that not only will we remain slaves but so will our children and grandchildren.
  • Isma'ila (God has heard)! 2010/05/12 05:42:48
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    +2
    The government needs to worry about people finding jobs instead of having people stuck on welfare.
  • Mike W 2010/05/12 05:42:34
    Mike W
    +1
    Yes it is, and its becoming worse every day, The new slave is the hardworking American and the new chains of slavery are all the taxes and fees that the new slave owners, the run amok socialist democrat led government instills on the American that they deem makes too much SO that they can give from the sweat and work of the new slaves to those who will vote to keep them as the New Slave owners in power.
  • Broddy 2010/05/12 04:32:57
    Broddy
  • midwest gal 2010/05/12 04:27:51
    midwest gal
    +1
    Yes, we are slaves to the massa in the big white mansion and his overseers in Congress. They tell us what we can eat, what kind of education, what health care, what we can drive, and impose rules to try to keep anyone from gaining wealth but them. Then they take the wealth from all who have it while they themselves get richer and impose even more rules on the people. They call it social injustice and claim they want their 40 acres and a mule. So until the dependent ones get beyond the civil war and bitterness, they will continue to push for the government to be the answer for everything. By taking control of the citizens, they will always be in power. People will learn the welfare mindset until it will rule America. Read the tenets of the Black Power - you will see what is happening. When government has control, none of us will have a say so about anything in our lives. We will be at the command of the overseers who report to the massa...it won't be long until they control our use of appliances and restict the use at certain times...the grids are gearing up as are the appliance companies. OK folks, lights out at 10 - early day in the mines or fields...get ready the train is a coming....
  • everlearning 2010/05/12 04:26:17
    everlearning
    I'm not quite sure what to call them. Many are dependent for many reasons. But I don't think slaves is appropiate. What I understand slavery to be is a group of people who worked hard without getting paid. That's quite different.
  • Liz 2010/05/11 23:45:19
    Liz
    +2
    What is the essence of slavery? It's the forceful use of one person to serve the purposes of another person. When Congress, through the tax code, takes the earnings of one person and turns around to give it to another person in the forms of prescription drugs, Social Security, food stamps, farm subsidies or airline bailouts, it is forcibly using one person to serve the purposes of another. Socialism is a stage of society between capitalism and communism where private ownership and control over property are eliminated. The essence of socialism is the attenuation and ultimate abolition of private property rights. Attacks on private property include, but are not limited to, confiscating the rightful property of one person and giving it to another to whom it doesn't belong. When this is done privately, we call it theft. When it's done collectively, we use euphemisms: income transfers or redistribution.
  • DillyD55 2010/05/11 23:21:39
    DillyD55
    +3
    I see all the time how people game the system and accept money when they are totally capable of working. I have a Godson that has been unemployed since the start of 2009. He draws the unemployment and will get the extension. This young man has been offered several good paying jobs, but doesn't see the benefit of giving up his "free money" to work. He lives with a girl that is unemployed too and receives welfare benefits because she is a single mother. The child has free medical, dental, child care and wants for nothing. They live and eat better than I did when I had a job. Tell me, where is the incentive to do any different? Where is the incentive to give up letting the government take care of you?
  • LucyBrown 2010/05/11 23:06:14
    LucyBrown
    It's all relative. Compared to people in third world nations, we *are* the slave-drivers. We exploit them with nearly every dollar we spend.
    At the same time, if you look at human potential- where we *could* be and where we're stuck, I'd say that even Americans are slaves. www.thezeitgeistmovement.com
  • holly go lightly 2010/05/11 21:35:41
    holly go lightly
    +1
    Yes we have lost almost all liberties to the government.
  • TheDepressingTruth 2010/05/11 21:07:19
    TheDepressingTruth
    +2
    I wouldn't call us Slaves....Serf...is more like it

A Serf is defined as "a person in a condition of servitude, required to render services to a lord, commonly attached to the lord's land and transferred with it from one owner to another."

Only instead of servitude to a Lord...We are in bondage to our Debts...Both Personal and Governmental
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2010/05/11 20:21:15
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    14th amendments states the "American citizens" have "privileges and immunities", not rights.
    Those are reserved for Sovereign Citizens, who are few and far between these days.
  • bls 2010/05/11 19:39:29
    bls
    +2
    I didn't need a disclaimer Marie because I believe it is Obama's intention to enslave white Americans in particular
  • Marie/M... bls 2010/05/11 20:06:09
  • bls Marie/M... 2010/05/12 02:29:04
    bls
    +1
    You're welcome Marie!!
  • sydneewashere☮ 2010/05/11 17:59:13
    sydneewashere☮
    +1
    The monetary system is the enslavement of the people.
  • Marie/M... sydneew... 2010/05/11 19:26:15
  • jimrthy... sydneew... 2010/10/10 16:10:16
    jimrthy BN-0
    How do you figure?

Money is just a way to keep score. It's a more convenient and standardized form of the barter system.

Of course it isn't perfect, but can you think of a better alternative that would actually work in the real world?

Or were you talking about our fiat money system in particular?
  • sydneew... jimrthy... 2010/12/08 14:40:03
    sydneewashere☮
    That was actually a quote I had stumbled upon when I was watching a movie called Zeitgeist. If you can't figure it out yourself, I'd say you need a little more research.

I have no plan for a different system, that's not really my job.

And, yeah, that's a bug issue.
  • jimrthy... sydneew... 2010/12/08 15:10:19
    jimrthy BN-0
    I think I understand what you were trying to say with that quote. It's just that it sounds like typical utopian collectivist babbling nonsense.

Pointing out that something's broken is just whining, unless you're ready to suggest some way to make it better.
  • Murph 2010/05/11 17:37:06
    Murph
    +1
    Not yet, but that's his plan and that's what he's working for.
  • Marie/M... Murph 2010/05/11 19:26:22

2014/08/30 10:14:24