Is Obama at war with the federal courts?

Temlakos~POTL~PWCM~JLA~☆ 2012/04/05 02:05:58
Obama fires the first shot

On Monday afternoon, Obama held a joint news conference with Prime
Minister Stephen Harper of Canada, and President Felipe Calderon of
Mexico. The two other men expected to talk about trade among their three
respective countries. But someone asked Obama whether he had anything
to fall back on, should the Supreme Court rule that his health care
reform bill was unconstitutional. Herewith his verbatim reply:

I think the justices should understand, in the absence of
an individual mandate, you cannot have a mechanism to ensure that
people with pre-existing conditions can actually have health care. So
there is not only an economic issue; there is a human issue. Ultimately,
I’m confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an
unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed
by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress.

The Supreme Court. Can Obama afford to go to war with it?

The United States Supreme Court, with several March for Life participants in the foreground. Photo: CNAV files

Breitbart quickly reminded readers of the last time that Obama threatened the Supreme Court. In Citizens United v. Federal Elections Commission, the Court held, per curiam
(i.e., unanimously), that joint-stock corporations have as much right
to advertise on political issues as have the trade unions. A furious
Obama took them to task in the middle of his State of the Union Address.
Obama said that the Court had thrown out centuries of precedent and now
would let “special interests” and even overseas companies “interfere”
in American politics. That prompted Justice Samuel J. Alito to mouth
back silently, “That’s not true.”

On Monday Morning, Representative Jim Clyburn (D-SC) had already advised Obama to run against the Supreme Court. According to Breitbart, Obama seemed to be taking Clyburn’s advice.

The Fifth Circuit Court answers Obama

That was bad advice. Clyburn was wrong to give it, and Obama
was just as wrong, or more wrong, to take it. Yesterday the Court of
Appeals for the Fifth Circuit answered Obama’s challenge. During oral argumentJerry in Physicians Hospitals of America et al. v. Kathleen Sebelius et al.,
Judge Jerry Smith frostily asked Dana Lee Kaersvang, the attorney for
the government, to explain whether the government acknowledged that
courts may strike down laws that those courts deem unconstitutional.
Kaersvang readily acknowledged the obvious case, Marbury v. Madison. But she insisted that the health care reform bill was still constitutional.

So Smith assigned her what looked like the kind of homework that teachers assign to punish impudent schoolchildren:

I would like to have from you by noon on Thursday —
that’s about 48 hours from now — a letter stating what is the position
of the Attorney General and the Department of Justice, in regard to the
recent statements by the president.

See these reports from CBS-TV and Newsmax.com.

Later yesterday, Obama sheepishly said:

The point I was making is that the Supreme Court is the
final say on our Constitution, and all of us have to respect it,” he
said. “But it’s precisely because of that extraordinary power that the
court has traditionally exercised significant restraint and deference to
a duly elected legislature.”

Read More: http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com/2012/04/04...

• WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/05 02:10:19
    Yes. He challenged the courts, and the courts accepted.
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +9
    How dare the courts want to uphold the law, don't they know Obama is the supreme Dictator?

Obama is like a nightmare, I just want it to END.

• ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/04/06 20:35:12
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +2
    And for his stupidity Holder had to do homework for a Judge. How humiliating and funny for the dumb ass AG.
  • JT For Political Reform 2012/04/06 15:31:54
    JT For Political Reform
    +3
    He started a war with them from the very first speech after he was elected. Those who voted for him right then and there should have had voter's remorse. The direction we were going to go in was started from that day on.
  • Bureauc 0Bamao 2012/04/06 04:34:08
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +4
    0bama's reaching above his pay grade on this one.
    Good move Judge Smith
  • Rubyzandra 2012/04/06 02:15:21
    No. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.
    Rubyzandra
    From where I was sitting watching the speech, the President was answering a question put to him and simply said in so many words he was confident the Supreme Court would uphold the bill he signed into law that was created by a non-partisan Congress in the best interest of the People to protect America's children and parents and all the people from being sick and unhealthy and be able to afford health care in today's economical difficulties. The President knew the law was being repealed for political reasons and "assumed" our Supreme Court was above politics and would uphold the law and explain it so those deeming it unconstitutional would clearly see it was not because its purpose is to protect all the people from the few who did not want to share in the expense. Made since to me at the time and the President moved on with the rest of the people's concerns about the budget.

In my opinion, the Press made a mountain out of a molehill on purpose by pumping that Judge up and airing his comments to bully President Obama into a fight. After listening to that Judge speak out unprecedentedly about a case that was still in the Courts without a decision being announced, I understood exactly what was going on. It was a set up by the Press using someone puffed up with their own power to...

In my opinion, the Press made a mountain out of a molehill on purpose by pumping that Judge up and airing his comments to bully President Obama into a fight. After listening to that Judge speak out unprecedentedly about a case that was still in the Courts without a decision being announced, I understood exactly what was going on. It was a set up by the Press using someone puffed up with their own power to start a fight and power struggle between the Executive Branch of the Government and the Judicial Branch of the Government over legislature that was created by Congress and signed into law by the President. Entertainment and grandstanding by the press who had a judge ripe for the picking to make news ratings at the expense of the American People without Affordable Health Care and a balanced budget from their Government.

This experience made it perfectly clear why Health Care was being repealed and why it was in the hands of an unelected Supreme Court to repeal after being signed into law by the President after receiving it from Congress. The fact that a Judge would speak on a case before the American People have been told the decision to the press outside of court and not to the People from the authority of the court first indicates the entire repeal in the first place was simply political with the Republicans and the Tea Party seeking the Highest Court in the Land to take their Political side against the law President Obama signed simply because they want to blacken his mark as President. What a shame for the American People who must take some of the blame because of the decisions we made in 2010 putting folk in office who put their politics ahead of the needs of the people.

Hopefully, my fellow Americans will stop letting the media sick them into a fight just for press and sensationalism and realize our lives are at stakes here and start standing with President Obama in our own best interest and make sure Congress and the Judicial branches get their sides of the house in order so we stop getting caught in their madness.

Hopefully the press will stop crying wolf before no one takes them seriously at all. Then, all they will be left with are the zillions of dollars of spite advertisement that no one wants to see. And everyone will know to go to the Polls near them and vote for President Obama on 11/6/2012 ending the madness which will move America forward! Then the press will be left with the fallout of losing their audience to the internet where the people can be heard.
  • "Shoote... Rubyzandra 2012/04/06 23:56:45
    "Shooter" E-7 ™
    +1
    This law will NOT be repealed for political reasons. This MANDATE will be repealed becasue is un-Constitutional, period!
    Quit spinning and is about time that you and Oblamer face the truth.
  • Rubyzandra "Shoote... 2012/04/11 07:23:23
    Rubyzandra
    I certainly hope the law will not be repealed, and if I was a selfish unconcerned with our nation kind of person, I would not really mind about the mandate being repealed because that would mean the Health Insurance Companies would be picking up the overflow and hopefully the 1% who could afford the taxes that would be increased to pick up the slack of the slackers unwilling to pay their fair share for the benefit of the whole. I am not going to try and speculate at this point. All things will work out for the good and be a win win for the nation. If it gets repealed, we'll shoot for single payer. If the mandate gets repealed, we'll ask those with the money willing to help the country by picking up the slack to do so and figure out how to pay for it. Frankly, repealing the mandate is a win win as it will allow taxing the rich to pick up the slack of what has already been paid out which is the 2nd best way to pay for it without the mandate.
  • "Shoote... Rubyzandra 2012/04/11 14:54:22
    "Shooter" E-7 ™
    +1
    Obama and his dictators should of thought of the consequences by trying to pass a bill over 2700 pages, NOTHING GOOD can come out of anything with over 2700 pages long not even the Old Testament is even that long. This bill in unconstitutional and we can't affordt it just like the Europeans found out they can't ether.
  • Rubyzandra "Shoote... 2012/04/11 16:49:18
    Rubyzandra
    LOL, President Obama did not "pass" the bill. Congress, the Legislative branch of our government "passed the bill" with a non-partisen vote. President Obama only signed it into law reluctantly because it was not what the people wanted but all the GOP would go for. We wanted Single Payer, Remember. President Obama signed it into law anyway for the benefit of the American People who he is so concerned about when it comes to our Health and Welfare. And the wonderful President he is has been enforcing the ACA like he is to do as part as being The President of these United States. My life has been tremendously blessed since he took office. And now that Santorum has dropped out of the GOP race and left Mr. Romney and Newt Gingrich at the helm, it is even more important to re-elect President Obama another 4 years. The last thing I want to do is wake up on 11/7/2012 to a Morman Government and Romney and Palin in the Executive branch. I am hoping our insanely Rich President Hopefull that has been using so much Money to by the Presidency will have the same trouble getting through the eye of the needle to lead the people as he will getting in the Kingdom of Heaven to be with God. It frightens me to see him on Camera everyday outright lieing in the name of God. We the people deserve better.
  • "Shoote... Rubyzandra 2012/04/11 16:51:58
    "Shooter" E-7 ™
    +1
    Same thing, those liberal dictators did, the president and down the line.

kool ade drinker
  • Rubyzandra "Shoote... 2012/04/11 16:58:30
    Rubyzandra
    seriously, you disrespect the current President of the US like this and will vote for Mitt Romney? You are sicker than I ever imagined. This is not a game. This is the lives of our Children and the future of our wonderful Country that you mock. Shame on you. May God grant you mercy because you know not what you do.
  • "Shoote... Rubyzandra 2012/04/11 17:05:28
    "Shooter" E-7 ™
    +1
    Hussein has to earn respect first before he can be respected. I can't respect a dictator who has also ruined our coutry financially and economicaly. I could care less who you vote for but I certainly won't vote for anti America Hussein.

obama my work is done here
  • Rubyzandra "Shoote... 2012/04/18 18:03:22
    Rubyzandra
    I guess you have a point about respect needing to be Earned. President Obama has more than earned my respect; and you, my friend, have lost it.
  • "Shoote... Rubyzandra 2012/04/18 18:13:41
    "Shooter" E-7 ™
    +1
    I don't drink his Kool ade.
    A lot of people are suffering because of him, you must be another recipient of Obama titty and you are enjoying it.
  • Rubyzandra "Shoote... 2012/04/25 11:33:54
    Rubyzandra
    That is a nice way to put it; yes, I'm one of the zillions of American Citizens better off today for accepting some Obama Health Care, Education, and Financial "Titty". Umm Umm Good. Can't wait to get another suck on 11/6. Obama 2012
  • "Shoote... Rubyzandra 2012/04/26 01:34:48
    "Shooter" E-7 ™
    +1
    You should work and EARN IT!
    Socialists Communists invading out county.
    Shame on people who want Obama titty and have no shame. Taking money from all of us WHO WORK and you getting all the benefits for all of US WHO WORK, bunch of American leaches.
  • Rubyzandra "Shoote... 2012/05/02 15:03:29
    Rubyzandra
    LOL, I have been employed since I was 12 years old paying my dues and helping my fellow man make it on this Earth. I retired after almost 30 years with the same Company then went back to work after my husband's illness. You selfish folk have not paid anything for me. Me and my family have worked hard all our lives to help you people take care of our fellow man who are to selfish to do it yourselves. We have to work harder and longer to make sure the children of the World are not neglected and have a President that will make sure they are taken care of regardless of you people who would rather feed yourselves then throw the food away as to help a child eat. We are so blessed to have a President who is not selfish and unkind like you and your kind. A president who thinks more about others than himself. A President willing to offer a "Titty" for the sake of the People. God sees his heart. Thank God he has the Cahoonas to do what he needs to do inspite of those like you who haven't a clue about our Country and protecting the People in it from hunger and bad health for the sake of all mankind. Maybe one day you will take a look around at God's beautiful Earth and Beautiful People and want to be a part of saving it and helping it by working with God's People who want to preserve and protect the People. I pitty you, my friend. You must feel awful lonesome and out of touch from the World.
  • Denny 2012/04/06 01:54:34
    Denny
    +3
    King Obummer is against anyone that goes against any of his goofy ideas.
  • Beccy 2012/04/06 01:01:32
    +3
    I can no longer afford my health insurance. If the surpreme court doesn't do something we are all doomed.
  • Patriot Unit 2012/04/05 23:34:20
    Patriot Unit
    +4
    Besides that, he is setting them up as the fall guys and gals, regardless of how they rule. He needs somebody else to blame for his failures during this election go around.
  • JT For ... Patriot... 2012/04/06 15:32:56
    JT For Political Reform
    +2
    Damn good point.
  • "Shoote... Patriot... 2012/04/06 23:57:56
    "Shooter" E-7 ™
    +1
    Now he will blame the Court and Bush too!! LMAO!!!
  • CHUCK - Liberal in Seattle 2012/04/05 23:06:31
    CHUCK - Liberal in Seattle
    Read this and tell me what the difference is!

Today, Fox News digital politics editor Chris Stirewalt found a new angle from which to approach the issue. In an interview with Megyn Kelly, the host of Fox "straight news" program America Live, Stirewalt criticized Obama for pointing out that conservative commentators criticize "unelected" judges, saying: "Now, no offense to Charles Krauthammer and no offense to any of the circuit judges in the country, but they're not the president of the United States." In fact, former President George W. Bush criticized "unelected" judges who made rulings he thought were incorrect.

And here are remarks Bush gave to the Federalist Society's 25th annual gala, in 2007:
    For the judiciary, resisting this temptation is particularly important, because it's the only branch that is unelected and whose officers serve for life. Unfortunately, some judges give in to temptation and make law instead of interpreting. Such judicial lawlessness is a threat to our democracy -- and it needs to stop.

And in 2008, Bush commented that the "concept of a 'living Constitution' gives unelected judges wide latitude in creating new laws and policies without accountability to the people."
    NUFF SAID
  • "Shooter" E-7 ™ 2012/04/05 20:12:43
    "Shooter" E-7 ™
    +2
    This guy is at war with anybody who opposes him.

He thinks that he is a dictator BUT he is going to find out differently this Nov.
  • texasred 2012/04/05 19:31:38
    texasred
    +4
    He's at war with the federal courts, the Constitution and the majority of the American people that don't want his communist agenda furthered.
  • mich52 2012/04/05 18:19:51
  • frank 2012/04/05 18:03:45
    frank
    +3
    I think he is at war with the courts when they don't agree with him.
  • mwg0735 2012/04/05 17:31:52
  • Driller 2012/04/05 17:26:41
    Driller
    +3
    he had better hope not, he will lose
  • keeper 2012/04/05 17:15:24
    keeper
    +3
    Let the games begin!!
    +3
    He is anti Consitutionalist. I'm noot real sure his name is really Obama. That is th extent of his lies and other's lies about him.
  • Charge 2012/04/05 16:32:33
    Charge
  • harley oldman 2012/04/05 14:44:16
    harley oldman
    +4
    Yes......the Courts, the American people (except brain dead Libtards) and ANYTHING thats smells of Justice and Liberty.
  • Space Invader 2012/04/05 14:10:05
    Space Invader
    +5
    Whatever may come of this; in the long run; Obama/evil will fail..it always fails in the end...but will America fail with it?

It will........and by the choice; sadly; of a minority of it's people...the lazy don't care....and thus will end the chapter on the greatest Super-Power in the history of Mankind....
  • Thisism... Space I... 2012/04/05 14:44:33
  • Space I... Thisism... 2012/04/05 18:13:33
    Space Invader
    +5
    the blind can not see nor the deaf can not hear..it's gonna make you fill yours pants when it happens..I am a patriot to what it Was; not what it now is.........

My service is enough for that......whistle...
  • "Shoote... Thisism... 2012/04/05 20:16:08
  • Apache Thisism... 2012/04/07 14:35:31 (edited)
  • "Shoote... Space I... 2012/04/05 20:14:43
    "Shooter" E-7 ™
    +5
    Don't be so pesimistic amigo. Have hope.
  • Space I... "Shoote... 2012/04/05 20:33:16
    Space Invader
    +4
    thanx bro; needed that...

2014/08/31 00:32:28