Is Obama a Socialist?

Incognito 2012/06/12 10:26:09
Related Topics: Obama

Yes.
    +14
    He has shown no limit beyond which he would take the government, if Congress and the courts would let him. He has surrounded himself with those who look for a future of Five Year Plans, input-output analysis, and all news coming from a new Department of Information. (And I do not mean "information technology.")

• truthzx95 bob h. 2012/06/12 17:42:04
    truthzx95
    +1
    frank marshall davis
    his mentor, the well known communist, frank marshall davis.
  • john Kills truthzx95 2012/06/12 17:47:18
    john Kills
    +1
    Some people act like they know everything while not knowing the most simple and obvious facts. Obarry has said on national television that Franks was a huge influence on him.
  • Willski 2012/06/12 15:07:37
    Willski
    i don't think so...
  • Heptarch 2012/06/12 15:05:33
    Heptarch
    +1
    He might be. He might not be. I doubt it.

But the real question is, who cares? If he is, so what?
  • truthzx95 Heptarch 2012/06/12 17:43:05
    truthzx95
    how's that socialism doing in europe? that's why EVERYONE should care.
  • Heptarch truthzx95 2012/06/12 18:14:33
    Heptarch
    You mean aside from having four of the top five happiest countries?
  • truthzx95 Heptarch 2012/06/14 16:13:23
    truthzx95
    how in phuck can they be happy? when economies in greece, italy, spain, france, and others are on the verge of complete collapse? you are delusional. people are NOT happy living under europian socialism.
  • Heptarch truthzx95 2012/06/14 17:26:31 (edited)
    Heptarch
    Here's the list:

1. Denmark
    2. Norway
    3. Netherlands
    4. Switzerland
    5. Austria
    6. Israel
    7. Finland
    8. Australia
    9. Canada
    10. Sweden

Of those countries, 8 of them have significant social programs, particularly socialized health care.

ALL of the top five (I was wrong to say only four) are either Social Democratic states or have very significant social programs.
  • truthzx95 Heptarch 2012/06/14 21:44:06
    truthzx95
    europian socialism is failing. yet here you leftists are, proclaiming otherwise. no wonder you morons don't get it.
  • Heptarch truthzx95 2012/06/14 22:42:47 (edited)
    Heptarch
    I just proved you wrong.

BTW, I'm not a leftist. I'm just not a fan of people like you who lie about things without bothering to educate themselves about those things before shooting their mouths off.
  • truthzx95 Heptarch 2012/06/15 03:17:43
    truthzx95
    Blow me. You proved nothing other than the fact you are an arrogant leftist just like every other leftist on SH.
  • Heptarch truthzx95 2012/06/15 18:42:50 (edited)
    Heptarch
    "Blow me."

No thanks. I don't swing that way.

"You proved nothing other than the fact you are an arrogant leftist just like every other leftist on SH."

No, I proved that you're wrong about every Socialist country failing. And now you're throwing a tantrum to deflect from that. Bottom line: You were wrong.

You're wrong about me being a leftist, too. Not that I'm surprised. You don't seem capable of making a distinction between centrist and leftist. Everything left of you is liberal in your eyes.
  • truthzx95 Heptarch 2012/06/16 04:46:09
    truthzx95
    you have offered absolutely ZERO proof to back up anything you have posted. you are a radical leftist and i've seen your radical leftist posts that prove it.
  • Heptarch truthzx95 2012/06/16 07:01:50
    Heptarch
    "you have offered absolutely ZERO proof to back up anything you have posted."

You mean aside from pointing out that the five happiest countries in the world are basically Socialist? I can give you links if that would make any difference to you.

"you are a radical leftist and i've seen your radical leftist posts that prove it."

Nope. Sorry. You're just a judgmental idiot who can't conceive that someone in the center is not on the left.
  • truthzx95 Heptarch 2012/06/16 14:31:01 (edited)
    truthzx95
    "You mean aside from pointing out that the five happiest countries in the world are basically Socialist?" and this, in a far-left idiots mind qualifies as proof? simply amazing. center my a$$. if someone is a centrist, they must have beliefs from both conservative and liberal ideologies. you have not ONCE, posted anything that could even come close to being confused with conservatism. all you ever do is champion socialism. people who do that, are never described as centrists. you can continue to try and believe your own lies about yourself all you want. you are easier to read than a cheap novel, and you are a leftist.
  • Heptarch truthzx95 2012/06/16 15:25:48
    Heptarch
    "and this, in a far-left idiots mind qualifies as proof?"

Your contention was that all Socialist countries fail. Noting that ALL FIVE of the world's happiest countries are Socialist absolutely proves you wrong.

"if someone is a centrist, they must have beliefs from both conservative and liberal ideologies."

And as I pointed out to you in another response, I DO have beliefs/positions that lie on the right. By your own definition, you're wrong about me being a leftist. You must be getting used to being wrong by now.

"you have not ONCE, posted anything that could even come close to being confused with conservatism."

Untrue. In fact, one of my most recent poll responses was about how I didn't support Obama's decision to not deport illegal aliens. If you don't think I have right wing stands, you're not not paying attention to my posts outside of this poll.

"all you ever do is champion socialism. "

Again, false. I don't champion Socialism. I don't think that pure Marxist Socialism works any better than pure Free Market Capitalism. I'm just tired of people like you fear-mongering about Socialism. It's ignorant and provincial.
  • truthzx95 Heptarch 2012/06/17 13:38:25
    truthzx95
    you radical, far-left loons lie all the time. this latest lie filled rant was just another in a long line.

"Your contention was that all Socialist countries fail. Noting that ALL FIVE of the world's happiest countries are Socialist absolutely proves you wrong." how in phuck, do you think this is proof of anything? number one, you never even came close to proving that people are happy in socialist countries, and i'd like to know, what makes you leftists think you are the arbiter of "happiness" anyway? by the standards of leftists, you believe that little or no upward mobility equates to happiness, high confiscutory taxes means happiness, small apartment living, because that's all you can afford leaves one happy, not being able to afford a car and therefore experience real freedom leads to happiness? what gives with you loons? you lie through your phucking teeth about what you REALLY are indide your leftist head, and in your next breath you think you have proved me wrong because you get caught in lies all the time and i point them out.
    you leftists are just plain out of your minds.
  • Heptarch truthzx95 2012/06/18 02:07:54 (edited)
  • truthzx95 Heptarch 2012/06/14 21:46:07
    truthzx95
    i'm happier than ANY of the people living in the countries you proclaim are "happy." why? because there is NO place on earth where freedom is as great as it is in AMERICA! my god, are you leftists crazy.
  • Heptarch truthzx95 2012/06/14 22:43:18
    Heptarch
    I'm glad your happy. But those countries are the happiest in the world and they're largely Socialist.
  • truthzx95 Heptarch 2012/06/15 03:27:44
    truthzx95
    says who? you? how the phuck would you know. getting taxed 70 cents out of every dollar you earn equates to happiness in your book? you leftists are out of your minds.
    for over 300 years people have been fleeing europe for all the crazy $hit that happens there. guess where they all want to come? answer: america. why? because of FREEDOM!!! you leftists will give up freedom so you can have the government wipe your a$$ for you everyday.
  • Heptarch truthzx95 2012/06/15 18:48:43
    Heptarch
    "says who? you?"

No, the Wall Street Journal, Forbes and other magazines. Based on the annual studies by the World Database of Happiness.

"getting taxed 70 cents out of every dollar you earn equates to happiness in your book?"

They seem to think so, given that those taxes are used for social programs that benefit the entire country.

"you leftists are out of your minds. "

I told you, I'm not a leftist.
  • truthzx95 truthzx95 2012/06/18 02:58:44
    truthzx95
    HEY LOOK! ANOTHER CHICKEN$HIT FAR-LEFT, LYING RADICAL BLOCKER! IMAGINE THAT, ANOTHER LEFTIST PROCLAIMING THAT PEOPLE WHO DO NOT TOTALLY AGREE WITH THEIR LEFTIST LIES, ARE "CLOSED-MINDED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  • DM Twin 2012/06/12 14:58:33
    Yes.
    DM Twin
    +5
    Let's keep this simple .

YES....he's actually a Communist , Socialism is just a red herring and a stepping stone to full on Communism .

OMG....Obama MUST Go hhhh
  • Mel Mar... DM Twin 2012/06/12 16:20:21
    Mel Martens
    +1
    You DO know the meaning of the words and that your country has been a socialist society with capitalism working alongside it for a very long time already right? One would assume that government healthcare would be the first clue that communism was the least likely result of everything.

It does make me wonder why Australia isn't a communist sector by now after decades of socialistic healthcare, police, firesafety and sanitation. Hmm
  • DM Twin Mel Mar... 2012/06/12 16:26:42
  • Donald Eric Kesler 2012/06/12 14:50:32
    No.
    Donald Eric Kesler
    He is a millionaire.
  • Herb Donald ... 2012/06/12 18:30:06
    Herb
    say again
    WND previously reported on newspaper evidence showing Obama was listed as a member of the New Party in the group’s own literature.
    WND also conducted an exclusive with Marxist activist Carl Davidson, a founder of the New Party, who recounted Obama’s participation.
    In 2010, John Nichols, Washington correspondent for The Nation magazine, recalled speaking with Obama at New Party events in the 1990s.
    Aaron Klein’s “Red Army: The Radical Network That Must Be Defeated to Save America” exposes Obama’s presidential agenda
    “When we spoke together at New Party events in those days, he was blunt about his desire to move the Democratic Party off the cautious center where Bill Clinton had wedged it,” wrote Nichols in a January 2009 piece published at Progressive.org.
    Now, researcher and author Stanley Kurtz, writing at National Review Online today, reports on documentation from the updated records of Illinois ACORN at the Wisconsin Historical Society that “definitively establishes” that Obama was a member of the New Party.
    Kurtz reported Obama also signed a “contract” promising to publicly support and associate himself with the New Party while in office.
    In 2008, Obama’s Fight the Smears campaign website quoted Carol Harwell, who managed Obama’s 1996 campaign for the Illinois Senate, a...

say again
    In 2008, Obama’s Fight the Smears campaign website quoted Carol Harwell, who managed Obama’s 1996 campaign for the Illinois Senate, as stating: “Barack did not solicit or seek the New Party endorsement for state senator in 1995.”
    Fight the Smears conceded the New Party did support Obama in 1996 but denied that Obama had ever joined.
    According to documents from the Democratic Socialists of America, the New Party worked with ACORN to promote its candidates. ACORN, convicted in massive, nationwide voter fraud cases, was a point of controversy for Obama during his 2008 campaign for president.
    Becoming a New Party member requires some effort on behalf of the politician. Candidates must be approved by the party’s political committee and, once approved, must sign a contract mandating they will have a “visible and active relationship” with the party.
    If Obama indeed signed the contract, not only would his campaign be caught in a lie but it could prove highly embarrassing for him at a time when he is fighting claims, including from Mitt Romney’s camp, that his policies are socialist.
    Also, Obama’s 2012 campaign slogan of “Forward” has been criticized for its use of a historic socialist slogan.
    Socialist goals
    The socialist-oriented goals of the New Party were enumerated on its old website.
    Among the New Party’s stated objectives were “full employment, a shorter work week and a guaranteed minimum income for all adults; a universal ‘social wage’ to include such basic benefits as health care, child care, vacation time and lifelong access to education and training; a systematic phase-in of comparable worth; and like programs to ensure gender equity.”
  • Donald ... Herb 2012/06/13 14:44:27
    Donald Eric Kesler

That sounds great. Where do I sign up?
  • truthzx95 Donald ... 2012/06/14 21:48:49
    truthzx95
    the same place where you turn in your "american freedom" card.
  • Donald ... truthzx95 2012/06/16 15:27:14
    Donald Eric Kesler
    One does not need a card to enjoy the freedoms provided by the United States of America. Regardless, why can't we attain the stated goals of the New Party and retain the freedoms guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights? You appear to hold the opinion that the two are mutual exclusive. Does your opinion have any basis in fact?
  • truthzx95 Donald ... 2012/06/17 13:42:30
    truthzx95
    nothing is free. this is where you leftists lose it in the arena of ideas. it is not the governments responsibility to assure ANY of the stated goals of this so called new party. they are radical leftists and i don't care what they are selling, i ain't buyin'.
  • Donald ... truthzx95 2012/06/18 09:26:18
    Donald Eric Kesler
    I've not called you any names. I just asked a question. There is no need for you to label me as a leftist. How about a little bit of civility?

Your answer does nothing toward answering my question. Why can't we attain the stated goals of the New Party and retain the freedoms guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights?

Who said anything was free? All of these programs could be funded right now if we cut our military budget by ninety percent. That would still give us sufficient military might to defend our nation from invasion. We would need to stop becoming involved in foreign entanglements, but that is a sacrifice I would be willing to make.

Why can't the government assume responsibility for assuring the stated goals of the New Party? Meeting these goals would assure the health and prosperity of all citizens of the United States of America.
  • truthzx95 Donald ... 2012/06/20 14:50:46
    truthzx95
    the answer to you idiotic last query is BEACAUSE IT IS NOT THE GOVERNMENTS RESPONSIBILTY TO DO THESE THINGS!!!!!
    cut the military by 90%? are you nuts? (answer: of course you are) i got news for ya there mr. kumbaya, there are EVIL mo fos in this world and they cannot wait to see america weakend. they have evil intentions and if you think a nice sit down with these freaks is gonna make them not hate us anymore, you are further out of your mind than you leftist extremists normally prove that you are.

"Your answer does nothing toward answering my question. Why can't we attain the stated goals of the New Party and retain the freedoms guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights?"
    because it is impossible. that's why.
  • Donald ... truthzx95 2012/06/20 15:50:43
    Donald Eric Kesler
    Insulting me does not lend credibility to your position. Likewise, typing out portions of your replies wholly in capital letters does nothing to strengthen your argument.

You have correctly observed that it is currently not the government’s responsibility to ensure full employment, a shorter work week and a guaranteed minimum income for all adults; a universal ‘social wage’ to include such basic benefits as health care, child care, vacation time and lifelong access to education and training; a systematic phase-in of comparable worth; and like programs to ensure gender equity. No one is disputing this fact.

The question which I have asked and you continue to evade is why can’t this become the government’s responsibility? You have claimed that doing so would compromise the freedom’s enjoyed by U.S. citizens; however, you have not been able to demonstrate how the two are mutually exclusive.

Please answer the following question. Do not be evasive.

You have claimed that the implementation of the New Party stated objectives would infringe upon the freedoms guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights. How would this alleged infringement manifest itself?

You claimed that those who would support such changes are forgetting that nothing is free. This is not the case. Those w...

You claimed that those who would support such changes are forgetting that nothing is free. This is not the case. Those who support such changes hold that it would be well worth the cost.

Regarding our national money pit, the U.S. military, the United State of America has not been invaded since the War of 1812. There is not one single nation on the planet that could afford to invade the United States of America. We could easily and safely reduce our military if we would simply stop allowing ourselves to become involved in foreign entanglements.

Seriously, who is that is filling your heart with fear? Neither Iran nor North Korea would win in an exchange of nuclear weaponry. This is assuming, of course, they could ever construct a rocket that does not explode on the launch pad. The Chinese military could not invade and hold the United States of America. We are on the other side of the globe and cover far too much territory.

Surely you are not still cowering in fear of al Qaeda? Here is reality. Those guys had one good day over a decade ago. The CIA and other U.S. intelligence agencies now consider Al Qaeda a shell of its former self. As a top U.S. counterterrorism official told the Washing Post “we have rendered the organization that brought us 9/11 operationally ineffective.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com...

At present, there is nothing to justify our nation dedicating twenty percent of its budget on our military. I challenge you to cite one serious threat to the security of the United States of America.
  • truthzx95 Donald ... 2012/06/20 17:10:45
    truthzx95
    it's easy to insult people who are as delusional as you. does 9-11 ring a bell? do you not think the threat of muslim extremist terrorism is escalating?
    you might think it is a good idea to get taxed 70 cents of every dollar you make to pay for all these europian socialist directives you hold so dear, but the majority of americans do not. get it through your thick skull, americans do not want this crap.
    you can ask why, all you want, the answer will never change. this is america, not europe. have you not seen what is happening to all the countries over there who share your twisted world view? you leftists always proclaim how much smarter you are than everyone else, but it doesn't seem so in this case, does it?
  • Donald ... truthzx95 2012/06/21 09:28:26
    Donald Eric Kesler
    Once again, you have failed to answer my question.

Does this mean that you admit that you are simply repeating meaningless rhetoric?

Again, I ask you, why can't we attain the stated goals of the New Party and retain the freedoms guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights? You appear to hold the opinion that the two are mutual exclusive. Does your opinion have any basis in fact?

Once again, you have attempted to claim that our nation could not afford to implement such directives. Blindly patriotic, you refuse to accept the idea of converting our military from its current bloated and expansionist force into a smaller and more efficient defensive force.

A terrorist attack is nothing like an ...

A terrorist attack is nothing like an invasion force. In order for our nation to actually be conquered, troops would have to be sent in. As I mentioned previously, we have not been invaded since the War of 1812. No nation on plant Earth is poised to execute such a maneuver against the United States of America.

The terrorist attacks of September 11th were blowback for our nations incessant meddling in Middle Eastern affairs. If we simply refrained from getting involved where we are neither needed nor wanted, we could avoid future terrorist attacks.

Not only did we bring September 11th upon ourselves, but our own C.I.A. actually trained the leader of Al-Qaeda Bin Laden. Bin Laden and the bulk of his operative came from Saudi Arabia; however, instead of holding this ally nation accountable for the actions of its citizens, we started two wars.

These wars of the past decade accomplished two objectives. First, they killed people and broke things. Secondly, they poured money into the military industrial complex. These wars did nothing toward actually making our nation safer. Instead, they simply created the enemies of the next generation.

I’ve not claimed to be either smarter than anyone else or a leftists. You are attempting to put words in my mouth.
  • truthzx95 Donald ... 2012/06/22 03:44:59
    truthzx95
    you are a complete fool. one only has to read a few of your socialist/marxist/leftist sentences to understand this. here's your challenge: get the rest of the majority of americacns to adopt and believe in your ridiculous leftist spew, then you can attain your goal. good luck.
  • Donald ... truthzx95 2012/06/22 19:52:43
    Donald Eric Kesler
    I have a challenge for you. Provide a single objective example of where the implementation of the New Party's stated objectives would infringe upon the freedoms guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

How would ensuring full employment for all citizens interefere with an individuals right to free speech?

How would the establishment of a a shorter work week and a guaranteed minimum income for all adults, prohibit citizens from worshiping or not worshipping as their conscience dictates?

How would providing access to basic benefits such as health care, child care, vacation time and lifelong access to education and training prevent one from excercising their right to bear arms?

How would the assurance of gender equality impede a citizens right to due process?

Again and again and again, I have asked you fundamentally the same question. Why can't we attain the stated goals of the New Party and retain the freedoms guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights? Again and again and again, you have failed to answer.
  • truthzx95 Donald ... 2012/06/23 07:17:18
    truthzx95
    "Why can't we attain the stated goals of the New Party and retain the freedoms guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights?"
    the answer will always remain the same, this is america and americans simply reject your socialist bull$hit. that's why.

2014/04/24 19:10:04