Is Obama a sadistic animal by blackmailing the disabled and elderly and threatening to withhold their checks?

dublin9 2011/07/12 18:50:24

It seems that Barack Hussein Obama has reached a new low by playing to the fears of the elderly and disabled. When questioned today, Obama said he cannot guarantee that retirees will receive their Social Security checks August 3rd if Democrats and Republicans in Washington do not reach an agreement on reducing the deficit in the coming weeks.

Oh really. Well, let’s do the math: The federal government receives somewhere between 160-170 Billion dollars in revenue each month. Paying interest on the debt runs 20-25 billion per month, so contrary to what the Presidential liar says,
America will not default. As to Social Security and Disability, that runs around 20 billion, leaving an unspent balance of over 120 billion dollars per month.

Monetary disbursements are the responsibility of the President. It will be Obama who decides where this money goes if the debt limit isn’t raised. Assuredly, he won’t stop welfare benefits. These are his voters. Certainly his blessed federal employees will get their bloated salaries and pensions. They also vote for him.

So what do you think of the White House occupant frightening the elderly and disabled? To me, this makes him little more than a piece of sadistic excrement, but then again, some might feel I’m being too kindly.

Read More: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20078789-50...

• SimpleA... boneman1 2011/07/13 19:50:07
    SimpleAmerican BN-0
    +3
    Very true! The would rather paint the Republicans as the bad guys than fix anything... they figure they can run on fumes until the election, unless someone forces them to take a stand on anything... they won't!
  • Joanie boneman1 2011/07/13 22:49:39
    Joanie
    As I am sure you are aware, there is no requirement that an overall budget be approved. Specific appropriations bills may be passed and debate had on them without an overall budget. The Republican presentation of a budget which they know the Democrats will not agree with is nothing but grandstanding. As I said, the Republicans had no difficulty raising the debt ceiling when George Bush was in office. Now that there is a Democratic President, the Republicans think they can make political points by shutting the government down. The Republicans are the ones who will be preventing the issuance of social security checks, etc.
  • dublin9 Joanie 2011/07/13 23:59:56
    dublin9
    +3
    You are talking about something called Continuing Resolution. This has nothing to do with raising the national debt level.
  • Joanie dublin9 2011/07/14 02:54:13
    Joanie
    I am sorry, but it does. The debt ceiling deadline is August 2 at midnight. Obama's reference, I believe, was to the problem that will be posed on the 3rd if an agreement is not reached.
  • marylou5 Joanie 2011/07/15 04:40:20
    marylou5
    It will certainly interrupt any Ramadan activities he was planning to celebrate,
    and that's for sure. LOL
  • boneman1 Joanie 2011/07/14 03:29:44
    boneman1
    +3
    If you truly believe that this will affect social security checks going out then you don't really know what's going on here. There may be some government agencies cut back or shut down, but social security and medicare won't be among them. Obama saying that is the real grandstanding. He's a fear monger attempting to prey on the elderly.
  • Joanie boneman1 2011/07/14 17:55:36
    Joanie
    If the debt ceiling is not raised, it will be illegal for the federal government to expend moneys which put it over the debt limit. That would apply to social security checks as well as any other expenditures. I don't know why you seem to think social security and Medicare will not be affected. Obama is not being a fear monger. The Republicans are playing games with this nation's credit in order to attempt to energize their base for the 2012 election.
  • boneman1 Joanie 2011/07/14 20:51:40
    boneman1
    +1
    You're wrong again. They can choose what gets paid and what doesn't to stay below that limit. If Social Security checks aren't sent out it will be because Obama decides that's what will be cut. Republicans are trying to get this country back on track and force Obama and federal government to reduce out of control spending. Obama refuses to talk about specific spending cuts because he knows that the areas that need to be cut the most (entitlements) contain primarily democratic voters. Everything proposed by Obama to date has tied any kind of spending cuts to tax increases which he knows isn't going to happen in the current economic situation. If anybody's playing politics with the future of America it's Obama.
  • marylou5 Joanie 2011/07/15 04:44:22
    marylou5
    OMG...you are just too clueless and refuse to absorb anything but what Obama spews. Don't you get it....you are being had....big time!

Read something and listen to something else besides Obama's press (propaganda) conferences on TV.
  • Joanie marylou5 2011/07/15 16:26:25
    Joanie
    I don't believe that the type of debate you are engaging in here is a fruitful type of debate. Telling your opponent that she is clueless and is being had, instead of discussing the facts and the law with her, is kind of pointless. It may make you feel good, but it will not shed any light on anything.
  • dublin9 Joanie 2011/07/13 23:58:21
    dublin9
    +3
    I fear you didn't read my post before replying.
  • Joanie dublin9 2011/07/14 02:54:27
    Joanie
    See above.
  • dublin9 Joanie 2011/07/15 15:39:51 (edited)
    dublin9
    You do realize that the federal government will still be getting some 170 billion per month in tax revenue. First priority will be paying interest on the national debt which runs around 20 billion per month.
  • marylou5 dublin9 2011/07/15 04:45:53
    marylou5
    +1
    Of course she didn't read it, or she wouldn't continue to make herself
    look so foolish!
  • America1 2011/07/13 18:03:52
    I always thought Obama was just an incompetent. I see now that he is also a ...
    America1
    +4
    He is a JERK!
  • LeroyRogers 2011/07/13 17:49:06
    Other
    LeroyRogers
    +3
    All of the above. The only things DemocRATS have to offer is lies and fear. Lie and scare people into voting for them-the left-leaning media will repeat everything the liberals say as the truth, and the "Survivor" mentality will believe it as the truth.
  • davyd god loving patriot 2011/07/13 17:35:09
    Barack Obama acts no different than any other 3rd World tyrant
    davyd god loving patriot
    +6
    really I wanted to say a ' all the above ' seriously I hope people see what they did when they voted for this wanna be dictator.......... HISTORY !!!!!!!!!!! Sure is lol vote a black man as potus and see what you got, a typical African tyrant, destroying and dividing the races. This man thrives on fear, he hates what America stand for, he is doing his damnedest to make us a third world country. How can 20% of people control 80% ? Just like Hitler did, fear and lies, except obama is worse
  • karmazo... davyd g... 2011/07/19 07:39:29
    karmazopa khandro
    +1
    thank you for telling the truth... to be very simplistic... we are being punished for slavery and he is dostroying the country out of revenge...
  • davyd g... karmazo... 2011/07/25 17:19:34
    davyd god loving patriot
    I don't think that is the main reason, even though that's part of it, but he is following in his daddy's footsteps.....Government runs everything
  • nobiggov 2011/07/13 17:21:11
    nobiggov
    +7
    At this point, it is more than obvious Obama is intentially trying to collapse our economy.....so that the free market will be destroyed and socialism will prevail....until of course the money runs out.....then we have Greece here in America.
  • albinolime nobiggov 2011/07/13 17:42:41
    albinolime
    +1
    lol Greece riots have been going on since 2009, I would hope Americans can do a bit better than the Greeks.
  • nobiggov albinolime 2011/07/14 16:59:42
    nobiggov
    +1
    My daughter lived there for a year....right before the riots broke out. We have become more and more dependent upon our Government so we are on that path. In my daughter's opinion it creates a lot of laziness and the people there are not all that happy.
  • albinolime nobiggov 2011/07/14 17:02:14
    albinolime
    Not happy at all, but why....?

It's because since Greece got "bailed out", they are in debt to whoever bailed them out, but this same thing has happened in so many other countries (check why 3rd world countries are what they are), they know the next stop is their identity.
  • JT 2011/07/13 17:17:23
    JT
  • J Montana 2011/07/13 17:11:17
    Perhaps the first thing Obama should stop paying is his own salary
    J Montana
    +13
    He is horrible!
  • ReconMa... J Montana 2011/07/13 21:33:22
  • J Montana ReconMa... 2011/07/13 21:34:29
  • ReconMa... J Montana 2011/07/13 22:06:36
  • J Montana ReconMa... 2011/07/13 22:09:35
    J Montana
    +2
    Thank you~~*
  • ReconMa... J Montana 2011/07/13 22:12:47
  • karmazo... J Montana 2011/07/19 07:41:31
    karmazopa khandro
    +1
    agreed !!!
  • Col. Klink's Ugly Little Br... 2011/07/13 17:08:34
    Col. Klink's Ugly Little Brother
    +7
    Obama might not care about reelection. He may have enough time left to bring America to it's kneel before the election, if he is able to do that, then being reelected does not matter to him. This latest ploy is about as transparent as it gets, the scare tactics to scare people to pressure the Republicans to allow Obama to have his way. I'm retired, he can threaten me all days long, I say call his bluff, the Republicans should go on recess and leave Obama with their cell phone numbers, and tell him when you are ready to deal we will come back to the table. I'm sure that my mortgage will wait for my house note until this artifical debt "crisis" is resolved. Jimmy Carter defaulted in 79 and we are still here.
  • 7th PLANET "Alien Stud Muffin" 2011/07/13 16:57:02 (edited)
    7th PLANET "Alien Stud Muffin"
    +9
    I don't know if he's a "sadist." I do know he's a real. . . . . .

sadist real horse s ass

Consider the impact Democrats have had on Social Security:

•Democratic President Lyndon Johnson and a Democrat-controlled House and Senate took Social Security from the independent "Trust Fund" and put FICA payroll tax receipts into the general fund so that Congress could spend it on other "stuff," leaving American seniors drawers full of IOUs.
    •Democratic President Jimmy Carter and a Democratic Congress voted to give Social Security annuity payments to immigrants who had not paid into the system.
    •A Democratic Congress, with Democratic Vice President Al Gore casting the tie-breaking vote in the Senate, started taxing Social Security annuities in 1993 as part of one of the largest tax increases in American history. The tax increase was signed by Democratic President Bill Clinton.
  • Cindy64... 7th PLA... 2011/07/13 17:19:14
  • 7th PLA... Cindy64... 2011/07/13 17:26:18
    7th PLANET "Alien Stud Muffin"
    +1
    Well thank you Cindy!
  • Cindy64... 7th PLA... 2011/07/13 17:47:54
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +1
    You are so welcome :-)
  • gimini210 7th PLA... 2011/07/13 19:04:49
    gimini210
    +2
    They did this when they saw how much interest Social Security has accumulated. As it grew in excess they saw a new way to bail themselves out from their overspending and social programs that were even then sinking this nation into deeper debt.
  • 7th PLA... gimini210 2011/07/14 15:46:40
    7th PLANET "Alien Stud Muffin"
    +1
    Washington Politicians are the lowest of the bottome feeders. The bastards that did this need to be dug up and hung!!!
  • Sophie 2011/07/13 16:54:32
    Sophie
    +8
    Of course he is, it was Obama and the democrats that said in August 2010 that Social Security is not in crisis and There is plenty of money in the Social Security trust fund to cover seniors until 2045. So I have one question to Obama and the democrats, where is the money that was in the Social Security trust fund?
  • 7th PLA... Sophie 2011/07/13 17:27:08
    7th PLANET "Alien Stud Muffin"
    +5

2014/10/26 04:32:10