Is Obama a Muslim "plant" to destroy America from within?

JudyDrago 2010/06/24 01:00:36
NO
Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Read More: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuzIP1gKyA4

• Disko Pickle 2010/06/24 01:13:11
    NO
    Disko Pickle
    +30
    I get the impression that you will not be standing with American Muslims if and when the political winds shift in an ugly direction. That puts you right in the same category as the Germans who did nothing when the Nazis came for their Jewish neighbors and loaded them into boxcars.

• Bella 2010/07/04 20:59:27
    NO
    Bella
    no
  • GOD 2010/06/30 17:46:34
    NO
    GOD
    +1
    no he is a republican plant
  • Leeaqua 2010/06/25 14:56:35
    NO
    Leeaqua
    +1
    This idea is insane !
  • JarJarThinks 2010/06/25 10:59:13
    JarJarThinks
    +1
    hm, well do you like mustard on your sandwich?
  • Scott 2010/06/24 23:33:04
    NO
    Scott
    +1
    When he wipes his ass it's brown. He must be a Muslim.
  • Blix 2010/06/24 23:04:42
    Blix
    +2
    The questions is ridiculous to begin with.

Why feed the Troll???.
  • Grandbrother 2010/06/24 19:03:07
    NO
    Grandbrother
    Interesting. I read the "actual quote from 'The Audacity of Hope'" you provided, waiting the whole time for the big reveal that your question's title implied would be there......but there was none. All I see is a man who's voicing concern about the precarious situation many Muslim-Americans find themselves in as a result of anti-Muslim sentiment inspired by 9/11 and other terrorist acts in recent years. If anything, it reflects quite positively on Obama.

May I ask if this quote somehow implies to YOU that Obama is a "Muslim 'plant' to destroy America from within"? And if so, how?
  • Nick Name 2010/06/24 18:38:20
    NO
    Nick Name
    What in that paragraph would make anyone think the current president is a "Muslim plant"?
    Does any amount of sympathy toward Islam automatically translate into evil conspiracies?
  • davidh BN-0 2010/06/24 18:05:29
    NO
    davidh BN-0
    If you are unable to see the forest for the trees, I guess you could come to that conclussion. But if you read what is being said. He was talking about the internment of the Japanese AMERICAN CITIZENS. Which that DARK part of American History is not up for debate. These people WERE treated like trash for no reason other than their nationality. Now if you are infavor of promoting racism, Then I will leave you to it.
  • janet 2010/06/24 16:56:34
    NO
    janet
    +2
    He is an exceptionally good American, who has no prejudice. I wonder if it had been a christian group that bombed the WTC, would we then hate all christians? Muslim's are not our enemy, terrorist are the enemy.
  • davidh ... janet 2010/06/24 18:07:41
    davidh BN-0
    +1
    Of course not. They applaud them when they blow up abortion clinics or beat homosexuals to death. Christian groups have been applauded for dragging African Americans behind vehicles or hanging them in trees. But let someone with an Arab sounding name cause destruction and its "lets kill all Muslims"
  • Nick Name janet 2010/06/24 18:40:07 (edited)
    Nick Name
    Were Timothy McViegh or Ted Kazinsky muslims? Was that an Islamic religion at Waco?
    No religion has the monopoly on crazies. And that is proven in a variety of ways everyday.
  • themadhare ~IJM 2010/06/24 16:07:36 (edited)
    themadhare ~IJM
    +1
    this kind of nonsense just interferes with the many legitimate objections to his presidency. Less noise please.
    (I checked the wrong box... should be "no")
  • janet themadh... 2010/06/24 16:57:42
    janet
    What legitimate objections?
  • themadh... janet 2010/06/24 17:05:20
    themadhare ~IJM
    I decline to play your game with you.
  • davidh ... themadh... 2010/06/24 18:09:03
    davidh BN-0
    +1
    I disagree with the legitimate objections part based on a opposing view, but I applaud you for your adherence to logic and reasoning.
  • themadh... davidh ... 2010/06/24 18:13:11 (edited)
    themadhare ~IJM
    +1
    thank you. and I applaud you back. If you want to thrash out any details, my mailbox is open.
  • davidh ... themadh... 2010/06/24 18:25:36
    davidh BN-0
    +1
    I am passed the point of arguing symantics anymore. People come to their own conclussions based on their own life and history. So long as one uses logic and their own beliefs instead of baseless ad homenem attacks I can respect them for that difference.
  • themadh... davidh ... 2010/06/24 18:39:57
    themadhare ~IJM
    true, but I've seen logic and reason fail. They should be our principle, day to day modus operandi, but when it gets down to the wire, my gut feelings get a vote. besides, as a teacher, I argue all sides of stuff so much I'm really not sure what I think about a lot of things anymore.
  • davidh ... themadh... 2010/06/25 18:44:55
    davidh BN-0
    +1
    That is good. Questioning our beliefs is how we grow. Blind acceptance leads to stagnation. I can accept conservative points of view, but in the end conservative only leads to no growth. Yet liberal only leads to uncontrolled growth. I believe moderation is the key to creating a strong unified nation. There are just to many on the extreme of both sides.
  • themadh... davidh ... 2010/06/25 18:55:36
    themadhare ~IJM
    Allow me to offer my own corollary to Winston Churchill's famous dictum:
    "If you can't have conservative opinions when you're young or hang on to liberal leanings when you're old, you have no guts"
  • davidh ... themadh... 2010/06/30 16:59:12
    davidh BN-0
    That is misleading. I have young Conservative friends. I have strong willed and very brave older friends that have served this country in times of war that are Liberal. Conservative means that you adhere to the status quo instead of accepting change. Liberal means you strive for change for the betterment of society. Neither is evil, neither is ignorant. But both tend to not accept each other. I am liberal, but prefer a moderate view. I respect true conservatism.
  • themadh... davidh ... 2010/06/30 22:08:28
    themadhare ~IJM
    +1
    I agree entirely. My little corollary isn't meant to be a carved in stone law, just something to toss out and stimulate discussion. (it worked!) please thank your friends for me for their service to our country. your definitions of liberal and conservative are right on the money in my book. wouldn't mind at all having you participate in one of my class discussions
  • davidh ... themadh... 2010/06/30 23:42:24
    davidh BN-0
    I have a liking to logic and reason. Can't stand it when people cling to emotion in debate and resort to ad hominem attacks.
  • themadh... davidh ... 2010/06/30 23:46:29
    themadhare ~IJM
    +1
    agreed again, but it's emotion that motivates us to action. I think of it sort of the cortex riding on top of the limbic brain. well, not overly much, but there's an analogy there.
  • davidh ... themadh... 2010/06/30 23:51:10
    davidh BN-0
    What I mean is relying on emotion alone. It drives one to ignore proven facts for the sake of making a point.
  • themadh... davidh ... 2010/06/30 23:57:37
    themadhare ~IJM
    yes, the cortex should rule. facts can be slippery, but that's no reason to let disclipine slide. ignoring facts it too easy.. too lazy
  • davidh ... themadh... 2010/07/01 00:01:27
    davidh BN-0
    I can see how facts can be easilly manipulated to support multiple sides, I do so on a number of occasions. But so long as facts are supplied instead of relying on general assumptions based on personal stance alone.
  • observer davidh ... 2010/07/01 21:45:53 (edited)
    observer
    "Conservative means that you adhere to the status quo instead of accepting change. Liberal means you strive for change for the betterment of society."

Very good! For me this is the first time that I've ever encountered an American person who understands the literal meaning of these 2, so popular in the American society words "Conservative" and "Liberal". These 2 words are constantly used in all political discussions in this country, without understanding what these terms actually mean. Now, my question to you is: do you apply these 2 terms to the US only, or they are applicable to any society? To make my point clear I will give you one example. When Hitler was struggling to get to power in Germany, he was acting not as a Conservative. By your definition (which is correct), Conservative means that you adhere to the status quo instead of accepting change. Hitler hated the status quo, which existed at that time, so he was not a Conservative. He strived for change for the betterment of society, according to his vision. So, he had to be a Liberal, according to your definition. So, was Hitler a Liberal?
  • davidh ... observer 2010/07/07 16:30:25
    davidh BN-0
    I know it isn't often that you find someone like me. But I prefer to know the words I use.

They can be used in any society. Depends on what is considered "Status Quo". It also depends on what changes are being pushed as to whether or not the change is good or the status quo is good.

Hitler was a Facist. Which can be found in the middle of liberal and conservative. And more toward the Authoritarian position.
  • Mallah's Brain 2010/06/24 16:02:26
    NO
    Mallah's Brain
    +3
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
    You silly silly person. Obama is a collusionist with the other WEALTHY people of this country working to suck the money and lifeblood out of us, just as past Presidents and all other wealthy politicians and corporate heads around the world. And guess what?! IT'S WORKING!!!!!
  • janet Mallah'... 2010/06/24 16:49:49
    janet
    Wow, you're so cynical.
  • davidh ... Mallah'... 2010/06/24 18:09:55
    davidh BN-0
    OH NO! Watch out for the NWO, All praise Alex Jones.
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2010/06/24 16:01:27
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +4
    He is an evil muslim plant! RUN!!!!
    evil muslim plant run
  • Mallah'... ««Ginge... 2010/06/24 16:02:50
    Mallah's Brain
    +3
    feed me, Seymour!
  • Nick Name ««Ginge... 2010/06/24 18:42:44
    Nick Name
    +1
    Is the muslim the one on the right or the left? These religious discussions confuse me.
  • Catherine ««Ginge... 2010/06/29 11:07:25
  • WGN 2010/06/24 14:55:23
    NO
    WGN
    +1
    Where do people come up with such drivel?
  • davidh ... WGN 2010/06/24 18:11:12
    davidh BN-0
    Around the posterior area.
  • WGN davidh ... 2010/06/26 22:44:10
    WGN
    Do you mean right around the "posterior area" next to the place their heads are up?

2014/07/30 11:10:02