Is Obama a good president?

JordanOhWoahh 2009/07/11 04:03:27

• candy "The Original" 2009/07/25 03:55:03
    candy "The Original"
    +5
    One of the best presidents we have ever had and though
    the limbums & rethugs want him to fail, it ain't gonna happen,& they better be careful in their muddy hole they
    are trying to drag President Obama in,it ain't gonna happen! mark my words! gonna careful muddy hole drag president obama init gonna mark

• OpenedEyes 2011/10/21 00:00:16
    OpenedEyes
    +1
    I'm not going to put the president down. He's moving slowly, but at least he's moving. The job of a president is tough in and out of itself. He has the mess of finances to worry about, the elderly, the diseased, the homeless, all of that on his shoulders and you guys have the nerve to say all this trash about him? Was developing empathy skipped during your childhood? Do you not remember what he had to work with? Things will always get worse before the get better, don't forget that. I'd like to see all the trash-talkers be president for a day. It isn't some child's game. It has to do with people's lives. He's probably unable to even sleep at night, trying to think of ways to better this country without backfire; ways to get the people to believe in him once again. And while I'm at it, yes, I'm black. So what? I look up to all my presidents in the same respect and manner. Did I vote for him because he's the first black president? No. I'm not even old enough to vote. Actually, I'm just a freshman in High school. I've been keeping up with news for a year now. I KNOW what's going on. I KNOW he's not getting very far. But unlike Bush, he's trying. And yeah.... I use to like Bush, but when I found the meaning of his motives, I knew what we were in for, so I said I didn't like him. Th...
    I'm not going to put the president down. He's moving slowly, but at least he's moving. The job of a president is tough in and out of itself. He has the mess of finances to worry about, the elderly, the diseased, the homeless, all of that on his shoulders and you guys have the nerve to say all this trash about him? Was developing empathy skipped during your childhood? Do you not remember what he had to work with? Things will always get worse before the get better, don't forget that. I'd like to see all the trash-talkers be president for a day. It isn't some child's game. It has to do with people's lives. He's probably unable to even sleep at night, trying to think of ways to better this country without backfire; ways to get the people to believe in him once again. And while I'm at it, yes, I'm black. So what? I look up to all my presidents in the same respect and manner. Did I vote for him because he's the first black president? No. I'm not even old enough to vote. Actually, I'm just a freshman in High school. I've been keeping up with news for a year now. I KNOW what's going on. I KNOW he's not getting very far. But unlike Bush, he's trying. And yeah.... I use to like Bush, but when I found the meaning of his motives, I knew what we were in for, so I said I didn't like him. That's when aaaall the white people came up to me and called me crazy. Guess what? Those same white people dislike Obama, not once giving him a chance or considering that Bush was the cause of the beginning of our spazzed up Nation. I'm not a racist person at all, I swear. I'm just what a few people in this world can't open their eyes to be. I'm simply a realist.
  • Lilith 2011/09/11 20:49:56
    Lilith
    +1
    He is not an awful president just a slightly innactive one. It is wrong to define people and governments so definatively by such abstract concepts. Because of our diverse nation some people believe he is a wonderful president while others see him as, well, the "antichrist". Honestly though, the problems our country is facing is not one of Obama. It is the inablility of both the Democractic and Republican parties to look past their own political agendas, and see what is right for the American People. What we need now is compromise. It is what makes our nation great, it's ability to see the merits of both sides of an argument. If our main party's continue to define the world by Democrat vs. Republican, Obama vs. the House, good vs. bad, them vs. us. Then we will accomplish exactly what those lines mean. Nothing.
  • mary 2011/09/07 02:21:59
    mary
    +2
    He is not a president, He is a professional bullsh.....er!!! Go into the car sales business
  • Justin Welch 2011/09/05 19:14:13
    Justin Welch
    +2
    obama it the worst president we ever had he has not done anything he said he was going to do !!!
  • Adam Cook 2011/05/06 23:24:15
    Adam Cook
    +4
    He is awful. All these stupid democrats keep saying that it was all Bush's fault that our economy is just plain awful, when seriously, we were not this bad until Obama became President. I'm not racist. In fact, I am the opposite of racist. If there was an African American Republican running for President, I would do anything I could to make sure he would become President. The only thing I like about Obama is that throughout the difficulties of being President, he has showed that he can stay strong. I would have preferred John McCain to have become President, not Obama. I'm a Conservative, if that isn't already clear. At least Bush did good things for this country, like keep us safe. My Grandfather died because of Obama's Health Care Program. Obama Bin Laden's death was about the only good thing Obama has done. But I think Liberals are making too big of a deal about it. That's only going to help him in the short run. But out of all of this, the #1 thing that drives me crazy about Obama is the fact that he believes women should have a choice to get an abortion. That's killing babies! No one really understands that the babies who are murdered by abortion can actually feel the pain! How would all you liberals like it if your mother had a choice and had you killed by abortion. Would you really like that?
  • Adam Cook Adam Cook 2011/05/06 23:29:29
    Adam Cook
    +2
    I'm sorry, I meant Osama Bin Laden's death.
  • maria Adam Cook 2011/09/01 06:21:29
    maria
    +2
    Omg ur ignorant of course our country was falling apart already when bush was president....he left all the weight to Obama u must be dumb if u can't see that! Obama found the guy bush was looking for which he started the war cuz he wanted to finish what his dad had started!!
  • wford84 maria 2011/09/04 05:27:01
  • mary maria 2011/09/07 02:16:20
    mary
    +3
    The country was in a down turn after Bush that was tougher than most but Obama ran for the office so he knew what he was getting into. If he didn't know then clearly he was not prepared for the job. We have been in a bad economy for far too long. It looked like we were getting out and then, because of this presidents policies, we have fallen back into it even deeper. Face it, Barack Obama is a very, very bad president.
  • Sagan maria 2011/09/09 02:47:42
    Sagan
    +3
    Obama has done nothing to get this country out of debt. If you would do your research and pay a little attention to the news you could see that. Yes, Bush did plunge this country further into debt but to say that everything was was his fault ignorant and stupid.
    P.S. Improve your grammar.
  • Sagan Sagan 2011/09/09 02:50:35
    Sagan
    +2
    Oh, and stop blaming Bush for everything it's been nearly 4 years now.
  • Stephen... Sagan 2011/09/30 09:06:21
    Stephen Holka
    +1
    * -was.... I guess you're spell check doesn't catch duplicates. js
  • Cliff M... Adam Cook 2011/10/04 15:34:11
    Cliff Miller
    Adam, have you donated to Herman Cain's campaign? Here is your chance. Put your money where your mouth is. You said you would do everything in your power to get a black republican into office. He's running out of money so I'm sure you'll have no prob donating a couple grand. You will also be voting for him in the primaries? Yes?
  • Bill 2011/03/12 13:45:06
    Bill
    +3
    No he is not a good president, and I have many reasons but first i would just like to say being the black president is not a big deal because of all the black people in this country that voted for him just for that reason, and they say America's racist when really they are the ones who are bias. Also alot of white people voted for him for the same reason. Now was he a better choice than John Kerry? ofcourse but besides the point, people said that Bush didn't care about black people because of the whole Hurricane Katrina thing, when it's a fact that more people died or became homeless throughout the Midwest floodings. He doubled the national debt, and did'nt keep his promises. He put 87,000 workers out of work by arbitrarily placing a moratorium on offshore oil drilling on companies that have one of the best safety records of any industry because one foreign company had an accident. There are many more reasons that I just don't have the time for but I believe none of that stuff is more important than the safety of our country and our citizens, and the fact is that when Bush was president, since 911, Americans could sleep at night, but since Obamas been in office there have been several attempted terrorist attacks on our soil. Think about that.
  • Justin 2011/02/09 16:27:31
    Justin
    +3
    Obama is a good president. He has increased the national debt but which president has not??? ..WAITING... That's what I thought. We were in a horrible situation when he got into office with two wars, which they are ADDING to HIS debt calculator, NOT FAIR... Also he has passed legislation guaranteeing all Americans the right to healthcare!!! He has helped get Wall Street reform. Repealed DADT (Don't Ask Don't Tell)... He is going to bring our troops home... GOBAMA!!!
  • Adam Cook Justin 2011/05/06 23:30:42
    Adam Cook
    +3
    yes and because all americans get health care, MY GRANDFATHER IS DEAD!!!!!!
  • Cliff M... Adam Cook 2011/09/28 20:10:37
    Cliff Miller
    +3
    Adam, you are no doubt referring to the diversion of 500 Billion in funds from Medicare to Obamacare which doesn't kick in until 2014. With all due respect, please explain how a policy which doesn't take effect for another 3 more years could have had anything to do with your Grandfather's death?
  • SceneGirl09 2009/11/10 23:22:26
    SceneGirl09
    No. Absolutley not.
    Weres the change? Weres the 'yes we can'?
    He says we can, when we're doing nothing. Its been months. No change, whats so ever. I'd rather have Clinton.
  • flygirl SceneGi... 2011/05/06 01:02:26
    flygirl
    +3
    you have no ide how hard it is to be president because theres other people that have to agree with whatt you want to do before it can be done like forreals you have no idea so shut up and think before talking how come nobody say nothing about bush look how he lefts us now thats a bad president obama is vearly starting chill life is not that easy ok
  • Adam Cook flygirl 2011/05/06 23:31:16
    Adam Cook
    +1
    well bush did better.
  • custard Adam Cook 2011/08/15 21:22:17
    custard
    +1
    Bush did better really how can you be so blind he started 2 wars and he didn't help the economy remember all the bailouts they were cuz of wat bush did!!!!!
  • mary custard 2011/09/07 02:18:58
    mary
    +2
    You should know what it is like to be "so blind"
  • custard mary 2011/09/26 21:12:47
    custard
    Really then how come I know wats going on
  • maria Adam Cook 2011/09/01 06:24:36
  • mary flygirl 2011/09/07 02:18:08
    mary
    +1
    Boo Hoo
  • zpallin 2009/10/29 22:12:39
    zpallin
    http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/...

Doesn't seem like his approval rating is all that low, as some seem to insinuate.

Let me remind you all that the President of the United States is just one man and has more power with the military overseas than he has power domestically.

There are 435 members of the House of Representatives which writes the majority of legislation for the US Federal Government.

There are 100 Senators that hold the greatest power to determine law and legislation in our national government.

There are 50 states, each with central state governments, county governments, city governments and special districts.

Obama may be the President, and he may be the figurehead of our nation, but does he really matter in the grand scheme of things? No.

Learn more about your local and state government. These people will more directly affect your lives than Obama ever will. Additionally, you may be able to actually get your opinions heard. Legislation may occur because of what you say in these realms!

Stop worrying about your President so much. The way things are going in America these days, it doesn't really matter who is in Executive Office. They all will do some good and lots of bad anyway.
  • Silas 2009/10/06 12:52:49
  • Adam Cook Silas 2011/05/06 23:26:41
  • amy 2009/09/24 04:56:24
    amy
    How can we say for sure.........honestly he is starting to sound a lot like Bush.....of all the irony. Who'da thunk it?

Let's face it, our leaders are all talking bobble heads. If they don't do the talk they get shot!

Do keep in mind.....I don't like him.
  • Kamenos 2009/09/16 17:31:34
  • H22CRX 2009/08/27 00:05:05
  • custard H22CRX 2011/08/15 21:24:46
    custard
    +2
    Yeah well u have been doing it 4 years to so shut up
  • wolf sloan 2009/08/08 18:15:49
    wolf sloan
    +2
    Sure and Mike Vick is an animal lover.
  • LastRanger 2009/08/07 17:06:17 (edited)
    LastRanger
    +3
    Go Comrade obama!
    (sarcasm intended)

comrade obama sarcasm intended

By the way I’m going to have to send you name, address, and e-mail to the one’s goon squad for your post.
    candy "The Original"
    +5
  • BUD LITE candy "... 2009/07/26 01:18:42 (edited)
    BUD LITE
    +3
    Sorry you have been ill and out of touch with the world.
  • custard BUD LITE 2011/08/15 21:26:28
    custard
    +3
    I guess u said that when u were looking I'n the miror
  • BUD LITE custard 2011/08/15 23:03:13
    BUD LITE
    HaHaHa...Where were you when the 39% approval rating came out for Obama. After last week it's probably 30%. He needs to apply for a job at a Hot Dog Stand......if anyone would hire him.
  • DaChief candy "... 2009/08/17 05:40:25
    DaChief
    +1
    My fellow American, get it right on your allegations. We want his socialism and his socialist programs to fail. You keep listening to CNN and MSNBC for your source, you will get the truth. I want a President who upholds and respects the constitution not rewrite it as he wants to. I want a President who respects liberty and capitalism not one who wants government control and removal of freedoms, I want a President who does not ram a heathcare farce down our throats creating a Logan's Run syndrome where the elderly and terminally ill will not get state of the art life saving care or medicines, but instead get end of life counciling (aka euthanasia). I want a President who does not apologize to the world besmirching this wonderful country of ours for something that happened back in WWII, Civil War, Roman Empre or Lord knows what he wants to apologize for. He is losing in the polls fast and no one is to blame but the President. Why? Because he ticked off mainstream Americans and he continues to do so because he is running this country to deficits unknown into the trillions. No no do not blame Bush, he is not in office and left 7 months ago. President Obama spent more money in 6 months than Bush did ever. Trillions we are talking about. Oh yeah, wait until the tax cuts expire in 2010. His promise not to tax you is a lie, the reversal of the cuts will deplete your paycheck with an increase of the tax.

Put down the ACORN flavored kool-aid and start researching.
  • DaChief candy "... 2009/08/17 05:42:05
    DaChief
    +1
    I will rephrase that if you get CNN and MSNBC as your news source, you will NOT get the truth. It's late and my bad

2014/10/21 21:44:09