Is NBC & MSNBC the Propaganda Outlet for the Socialist Movement in The USA?

jr 2009/05/16 14:14:57
Yes, I will my get my news here on sodahead where both sides are presented
No, I will continue to get my news from a propaganda news source
Propaganda is the dissemination of information aimed at influencing the opinions or behaviors of people. As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda in its most basic sense, often presents information primarily in order to influence its audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or gives loaded messages in order to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda.
Source (Wikipedia)

Socialism will not stand on its own merits and requires propaganda to maintain its' power over voters.

We have had 150 years to dissect socialism in theory. We have had 100 years to see socialism in action. Socialism, extensive government control over the economy, is a disaster in theory and a disaster in practice

Capitalism works by protecting private property and freedom of contract, thereby encouraging people to use their abilities and resources to produce goods and services that are most likely to be urgently demanded by others.

• Friday 2009/05/16 14:28:50
    Friday
    +11
    These guys are so in bed with Barry, Michelle and her Mother are asking him where he is going at night!

I can see the scandal Headlines now....".nbc,jr linked to Barry! Barry denies, Michelle dies! Mother-in-law moves out!"!!! headlines nbcjr linked barry barry denies michelle dies mother-in-law moves

• true am... StreetS... 2009/05/16 20:39:19
    true american
    Well you need to find a different job other than being a preacher.
  • StreetS... true am... 2009/05/16 20:49:34 (edited)
    StreetSpirit
    well you need to maintain focus on the issue and keep it off the ad hominum,

if you wish to stay unblocked, that is.
  • true am... StreetS... 2009/05/16 20:53:09
    true american
    Like becoming blocked concerns me. I find it fascinating when people block because of disagreements. Not once did I curse you out,yet if you feel the need to not be challenged then do what you want.
  • StreetS... true am... 2009/05/16 20:55:19
    StreetSpirit
    if you are here to debate an issue, then please do so.
    if you continue to attack me personally, then you'll be treated like a troll.

sorry, but life is too short.
  • Ruth StreetS... 2009/05/18 22:14:26
    Ruth
    +1
    I am not sure what your point is. Fox News does have a conservative bias. I just think it is funny that the Fox News pundits keep attacking MSNBC for their liberal bias.

Rupert Murdoch did purchase myspace. I cannot find any link between myspace and SodaHead. Here is what Fef had to say.

http://www.sodahead.com/quest...
  • StreetS... Ruth 2009/05/18 23:04:41
    StreetSpirit
    +1
    I have yet to find a political banner ad here for something that isn't a republican talking point.

fef is the former vice president of operations at myspace.
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-135...
  • Ruth StreetS... 2009/05/19 03:10:20
    Ruth
    +1
    I have noticed a certain conservative leaning on here. I did not know Fef was connected to myspace. Thanks for the info.
  • Astro-Boy PHAET 2009/05/16 17:23:27
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +4
    They're the flip side of the same coin that FAUX news is on.
  • Marlow ... Astro-B... 2009/05/16 19:29:25
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    +1
    No. FOX is very fair. Ask the people who ran Hillary Clinton's campaign. They called FOX news the fairest of the crowd.
  • Astro-B... Marlow ... 2009/05/16 19:36:14
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +1
    I'm not asking anyone about it. I call it like I see it...
  • Marlow ... Astro-B... 2009/05/16 19:37:47
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    LOL, ok.
  • YourObamaUpdate.com 2009/05/16 17:22:34
    YourObamaUpdate.com
    +3
    Dumb question
  • joe 2009/05/16 17:02:19
    joe
    +5
    WOWZERS MSNBC is Owned by GE and has billons on the line For " cap and trade " IF cap and trade doz not make it GE will GO DWON LIKE AIG you bet thay are biased
    +6
    one sided question for sure...many other media news outlets
  • Zuggi 2009/05/16 16:50:17
    Zuggi
    +6
    MSNBC is no more biased than FOX. At least MSNBC has hours of programming hosted by conservatives. Fox has none.

And who gets their news from TV anymore? It's fail.
  • Sister ... Zuggi 2009/05/16 16:50:50
  • Marlow ... Zuggi 2009/05/16 19:27:52
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
  • Mary Philliber 2009/05/16 16:48:53
    Mary Philliber
    +8
    It was a sad day for American when the some news channels decided to back a candidate instead of backing the American people.
  • Sono Violado 2009/05/16 16:44:25
    Sono Violado
    +6
    No more so than Fox news is a propaganda outlet for the Fascist movement.
  • Marlow ... Sono Vi... 2009/05/16 19:27:28
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    +1
  • Sono Vi... Marlow ... 2009/05/16 20:02:23
    Sono Violado
    +1
    Yea, alright... I should ask a liar to validate a lie?

Get real.
  • Marlow ... Sono Vi... 2009/05/16 22:56:04
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    +1
    Haha, hey I have no love for the Clintons either, so good point. :>D
  • mark 1 Sono Vi... 2009/05/17 00:00:44
    mark 1
    +1
    WHAT FASCISM IS:
    Meritocracy or Timocracy:

The Degree of which men and women manifest honor and merit in the service of their country is determent of their place in civil society.

Sacrifice:
    Fascism now and always, believes in holiness and in heroism; that is to say, in actions influenced by no economic motive, direct or indirect."

Nationalism:

"Everything in the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state." OR "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

Cooperation or State Corporatism:

Though private property and free trade must be upheld and defended, business ultimately serves the greater good of the state, and must be guided towards Just and Noble purposes.

Virtue:

If there is such a thing as "good" and "evil", if there is such a thing a a right and a wrong way; is the right way always the popular way, the way a majority votes? No! Usually it is not. The majority votes the easy way: The path of least resistance, and is thus exploited by the current elite. Fascism alone has the moral courage to do the right thing. For the state, no matter what. Above all, a Fascist believes in virtue and will thus tell you the truth, and not just what you want to hear! Truth, courage, integrity!

I do not feel Fascist movement...
    WHAT FASCISM IS:
    Meritocracy or Timocracy:

Sacrifice:

Nationalism:

Cooperation or State Corporatism:

Virtue:

I do not feel Fascist movement is what Fox news stands for or talks for but I do. If we all did then America would once more be a great country.
  • Sono Vi... mark 1 2009/05/17 02:20:34
    Sono Violado
    +1
    Thats an interesting response, but in the 80's it was defined like this;

Fascism
    "A philosophy or system of government that is marked by stringent social and economic control, a strong, centralized government usually headed by a dictator, and often a policy of belligerent nationalism." (From The American Heritage Dictionary)

So yea, thus, "God and Country".

Yes, they promote fascism as much, if not more so, than MSNBC or NBC.

Save your rhetoric and bull for those less intelligent.
  • mark 1 Sono Vi... 2009/05/17 02:59:47
    mark 1
    +1
    Where do you get rhetoric from what i posted? What i posted is the true FASCISM and not a twisted verse from 28 years ago. Was fox cable news out 28 years ago? More intelligent HMMMMMMMMMM Have a good night
  • Sono Vi... mark 1 2009/05/17 03:19:01
    Sono Violado
    +1
    Yes, Fox, not cable, was as biased 28 years ago, and I don't want true, I want fact, thus you got the fact.
  • dtcorr mark 1 2009/05/18 02:16:41
    dtcorr
    fox is no1 in the ratings..what say you?
  • TexanInHawaii 2009/05/16 16:30:41
    TexanInHawaii
    +9
    Of course, GE owns them, and GE is looking at those contracts coming up! You think Halliburton "looked" bad...hang on, paybacks are expensive!!
    sides ge owns ge contracts halliburton looked hang paybacks expensive
  • Bobby 48 2009/05/16 16:11:22
  • Wintermute ~ Tape Operator 2009/05/16 15:56:35
  • Informed Voter 2009/05/16 15:20:12 (edited)
    Informed Voter
    +11
    LMAO! Is this a trick question? Hmmm let's see now...

What has Obama and his politburo 'accomplished' in the worst (sorry first) 100 days...

Laid a heavy, progressive, and graduated income tax through his 'porkulus' bill, effectively transferring the tax destination from the federal to the state level (that is, when federal money for these programs the states adopt dry up).

Abolition of all right of inheritance (the start of which will happen with expiration of the Bush tax cuts).

Centralization of all banks in the hands of the State,
    by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.

Centralization of the means of communication (LSM.. that would be PMSNBC, CNN, NYT, MoveOn.org, etc...) and transport (the President’s Car Czar) in the hands of the State.

Extension of factories and instruments of production in the hands of the State (And who was it that told GM and Chrysler to restructure or merge with another company or be terminated? Ah, that would be 44! Please show me again in the constitution under article II exactly where the president has the authority to fire a CEO or put a company out of business?)

All of these ideas were first postulated by a German philosopher in the mid-1800s. Come on, you know his name...

Give up? That's ok, you'll f...

Give up? That's ok, you'll find it in his class-warfare laiden manifesto:

Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. The Communist Manifesto. Ed. Gareth Stedman Jones. (London: Penguin Books, 1967.)

Either stand up against this usurpation of power, or continue to be sheep led by those whose sole interest is their lust for power... at any cost! Including our national sovereignty, and YOUR freedoms!
  • ishqboli 2009/05/16 15:16:52
    ishqboli
    +8
    isn´t fox news the propaganda outlet for the fascism movement in the USA?
  • hermes23 ishqboli 2009/05/16 17:04:07
    hermes23
    +5
    Let's see fascism demands government control over all aspects of an economy and the individual. The exact opposite of conservative principle. And you see Fox news advocating this where? Doesn't more government involvement/control sound a lot more like the Obama administration to you?
  • The San... hermes23 2009/05/16 17:16:21
    The Sane One
    +3
    No-- it sound a lot like the corporate version of the Patriot Act-- which Faux Noise vehemently supports--STILL.
  • hermes23 The San... 2009/05/16 20:02:15
    hermes23
    +2
    I must have missed the aspect of the Patriot act that had the government taking over entire sections of the economy. I am no fan of the act, but this reply makes no sense. Besides, my central point is that we are moving closer to fascism/socialism under this administration then ever before.
  • ishqboli hermes23 2009/05/16 19:56:30
    ishqboli
    you only THINK they aren´t controlling you. that´s why their plans are working. they have actually got you believeing that you are free to think for yourself, all while they shove their racist, bigoted, sexist, xenophobic propoganda down your throat and tell you its fact. they control you juts as much as democrats do, but at least they don´t lead you to believe that the nation is better off as a much of murderous mindless morons.

wake up. you are being brainwashed by rush and hannity. do the research yourself and stop trusting the news, conservative or liberal.
  • Hussein... ishqboli 2009/05/16 18:39:55
    Hussein_alicious
    Exactly! Took the words right out of my mouth.
  • Marlow ... ishqboli 2009/05/16 19:27:02
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    +1
  • ishqboli Marlow ... 2009/05/16 19:57:09
    ishqboli
    i can give you a loooooong list of all the things they have gotten wrong and fail to correct. fair indeed.
  • Marlow ... ishqboli 2009/05/16 20:01:10
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    Well, I'm sure there is such a list for every station. It's a question of approach to the news. :)

2014/11/23 05:47:37