Is Murderer Elisabeth 'Angry Betty' Broderick A Victim?

Creamy 2010/01/21 17:08:41
Elisabeth Broderick was a victim...
'Angry Betty' was not a victim...
I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick was the 'Angry Betty' that went mad after her husband, Daniel Broderick, left her after a 16-year marriage for a young legal assistant.

After Elisabeth Broderick was left without custody of her children, she began harassing Daniel Broderick, leaving angry, obscene tirades on his answering machine. At the peak of her insanity, she spray-painted the walls of Daniel's San Diego home black and drove her car through his front door. Then, one Sunday morning in 1989, Elisabeth Broderick sneaked into his home and shot him and his new wife, Linda Kolkena Broderick, to death.

Now 62, Angry Betty wants to be released from jail. Elisabeth claims that she was a victim of her marriage, saying that her 16 years with Daniel were filled with affairs and abuse though she had always been faithful and supportive of his education in law and medical school.

Do you think Elisabeth 'Angry Betty' Broderick was a victim?

• Master 2010/01/22 05:44:53
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    Master
    +4
    Haven't you heard? This is America in the new millennium, and EVERYONE is a victim. If I fail to get hired for a job, I must have been discriminated against. If I spill hot coffee on myself, it's the coffee vendor's fault. No one is responsible for their own actions anymore; we're just a nation of crybabies.

• Samantha 2012/02/25 09:32:03 (edited)
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    Samantha
    The fact that Dan Broderick had the audacity to throw away his marriage in lieu of a younger woman can simply be described as 'slap in the face' where Betty is concerned given all that she had done for her husband and family in the years leading up to the affair.Though don't get me wrong,Dan was definitely the furthest thing from a saint however Betty's actions simply do NOT justify in any capacity whatsoever the need to murder two people in cold blood!Betty was receiving $16 000 a month from Dan who had even bought a house for her to live in ffs.This woman had 5 years to let go and get going with her own life but no,chose to continue being consumed by her inability to 'let go' of the past eventually to the point of becoming an unstable and unpredictable individual who essentially developed into a 'murderess'.Someone like Clara Harris on the other hand whilst I don't condone her actions either,who having just seen her husband David with his mistress,had repeatedly run over him a few minutes later.I'm sorry but the fact that Betty had all this time and yet still committed such a vile act is completely and utterly beyond all comprehension.Even worse to this day is the very much apparent fact that she still has NOT gotten over her anger,the way in which Betty conducted herself at...&
    The fact that Dan Broderick had the audacity to throw away his marriage in lieu of a younger woman can simply be described as 'slap in the face' where Betty is concerned given all that she had done for her husband and family in the years leading up to the affair.Though don't get me wrong,Dan was definitely the furthest thing from a saint however Betty's actions simply do NOT justify in any capacity whatsoever the need to murder two people in cold blood!Betty was receiving $16 000 a month from Dan who had even bought a house for her to live in ffs.This woman had 5 years to let go and get going with her own life but no,chose to continue being consumed by her inability to 'let go' of the past eventually to the point of becoming an unstable and unpredictable individual who essentially developed into a 'murderess'.Someone like Clara Harris on the other hand whilst I don't condone her actions either,who having just seen her husband David with his mistress,had repeatedly run over him a few minutes later.I'm sorry but the fact that Betty had all this time and yet still committed such a vile act is completely and utterly beyond all comprehension.Even worse to this day is the very much apparent fact that she still has NOT gotten over her anger,the way in which Betty conducted herself at her last parole hearing,one who isn't familiar with this case would be led to believe that she had just committed the murders yesterday given her demeanor!Putting this woman on a pedestal is simply ridiculous,everyday there are several women and even men out there who discover that their spouses are cheating on them but they do NOT go on a wild murder spree,do they?My point exactly!What's really sad is that Dan & Betty's kids are still divided to this day about whether the latter should be released or not.In my honest opinion,Betty ultimately deserved what she got and should remain in prison,she has not shown any sign of improvement enough for the parole board to even consider the possibility.That being said,Betty ROBBED her kids of a father and a mother and that is indeed the ultimate act of SELFISHNESS!
  • 2011/07/27 05:00:25
    'Angry Betty' was not a victim...
    Betty did the murders FIVE years after the divorce was final, after years of breaking restraining orders, leaving abusive rants, etc. Five years. He remaried. He was paying her 16,000/month + clothing and car expenses. He bought a 650,000 house for her, completely paid. She was out of the marriage for FIVE years and was restrained from seeing him. He had no opportunity, nor was there ever a shred of evidence that she was abused in any way, other than the hurt of an affair. She is a narcissistic sociopath and felt nothing for the victims, or her children, and apparently still doesn't.
  • irene blackshaw 2011/06/17 18:05:23
    'Angry Betty' was not a victim...
    irene blackshaw
    Betty Broderick is a cold calculating Killer and deserves to spend the rest of her life in jail.She showed no remorse for her crimes, and should never be let out of prison. Even now all these years later at her parole hearing she spilled out again that it was all his fault...No Remorse.at all
    for the lifes that she took, Hence NO to Parole. The next time she can apply for parole is in another 15 years time, I think she is where she is suppose to be ....behind Bars.
  • ashley 2011/04/05 19:54:56
    Elisabeth Broderick was a victim...
    ashley
    after all that devotion so he could do what he wanted and needed for his happiness, after taking care of the children and the home for him he decides that he needs to rob the cradle and get rid of the "old" and on with the "new" it wasn't fair we all think we know what we would do but until you go through exactly what she went through we don't know no she shouldn't have shot them but maybe she shouldnt have gone off to prison for that long she just snapped and everyone can relate to that. but i dont agree she shouldn't have killed them but she had to endure alot through all the ordeal with her husband so i feel for her
  • lin333 2011/04/01 01:28:46
    'Angry Betty' was not a victim...
    lin333
    I agree that Betty was not a victim, but descended into a sociopathic avenue of self-destruction because she felt she deserved more. She emotionally and verbally caused damage to her children, and they did love her, but many abuse victims will still cling on to the ones who abuse them. She showed no remorse for her crimes, and should never be let out of prison. Who will she target next? Haven't her children suffered enough? Keep her behind bars-she will never show regret for the terrible
    things she did. So sad-I do not believe she should ever be let out!! She is going to hell anyway.
  • monica 2011/02/05 03:16:05
    Elisabeth Broderick was a victim...
    monica
    Wow hard to say. It was wrong killing them two but her betrayel, hurt and angry I fully understand. I have never thought of hurting my ex's but being so angry with rage, I have experienced. I know how angry she was, because I was so angry that I could have (remember I only said could have) hurt somebody. I truly feel for Mrs. Broderick, she was so so hurt, that she snapped, again I understand how she felt. She is a good woman, who was done wrong by her husband. He pranced around, town with his young assistant and B___H es like her I know all too well. The assistant knew he was married but fooled around with him anyway, hmmm, sometimes woman like her deserve what they get.
  • annette 2011/01/19 16:19:16
    'Angry Betty' was not a victim...
    annette
    +1
    I think she should stay where she is and serve her sentence. She is an angry individual, and a crazy money hungry pyscho. She till this day does not show any remorse and still thinks she was right on murdering these people. I think the abuser was her, made life hell for that man during and after the marriage, and when that man made a life for himself to be happy this crazy psycho killed him and his new wife in cold blood. Men leave their wives or even wives leaves their husbands for any reason but it still doesnt make it right to kill as hard as it may seem people get over it and continue to live their lives.
  • MrsEdwardCullen 2010/01/29 15:47:51
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    MrsEdwardCullen
    I believe that she obviously was mentally unstable but you don't go around killing people because you're upset that your husband left you. It's a slippery slope here. If she hadn't been mentally ill, she would have just been upset that her husband left her and that would be that. But because she has a mental illness, she committed a crime and should pay for the death of two innocent people. She should also be treated.
  • ANZ 2010/01/26 13:10:35
    Elisabeth Broderick was a victim...
    ANZ
    No matter what she did it doesnt mean that anyone had the right to end what was given to her (life)
  • Lynn 2010/01/25 05:52:07
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    Lynn
    ... is pretty much nuts and should stay right where she is.
  • Josh 2010/01/22 23:28:57
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    Josh
    I don't know. If there was more about the alleged abuse, then we'd know whether she was a "victim". Even so, that doesn't make a difference. She snuck into his house and killed her ex-husband and his new lover while they slept. That's a jealousy killing, and she shouldn't be paroled if she still thinks she's not responsible.
  • iRetro-x 2010/01/22 21:55:32
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    iRetro-x
    I think this woman was just pushed to the edge. But obviously, she doesn't have enough self control to not do something like that. She wasn't the victim, she's just trying to find excuses for murdering 2 people. It doesn't even matter who they were, point is, she killed 2 people and she's trying to go for the whole 'emotional victim' thing.
  • Bubbles 2010/01/22 19:18:20
    Elisabeth Broderick was a victim...
    Bubbles
    I think she was a victim in our legal system and of the devil! With all that she had done prior to the murder why was she never committed?!?! Where was the justice system? She should not have even had the opportunaty to murder her ex husband~
    Victim (by Websters definition) is one that is acted on and usually adversely affected by a force or agent. She was truely "acted on" by the devil and was surely "adversely affected by a force or agent" because she lost her life to prison~
  • GLaDOS 2010/01/22 19:04:04
    Elisabeth Broderick was a victim...
    GLaDOS
    She was a victim, that made her husband one in turn. ^_^
  • ME 2010/01/22 18:58:52
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    ME
    I think she was somewhat of a victim but not to the extent that makes murder ok. I live in where a woman was recently found not guilty for flat murdering her preacher husband (Mary Winkler). She claimed she was abused too. MURDER was far easier for her than to divorce I suppose; after all, she now has custody (no fights); she has control of all money (no fights) and she's "not guilty" because she was "abused". She shot him, while he was asleep, in the back of the head. This is far easier than divorce. He never had a chance to tell his side and this AMAZES me.

Me? If I were being abused, and if my husband was asleep, I'd leave...with kids.
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2010/01/22 18:54:16
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    She made herself the Victim and as such it certainly does not justify the Murder of Her Childrens Father!
  • wpsark 2010/01/22 18:49:45
    'Angry Betty' was not a victim...
    wpsark
    just a psycho that can't handle a bad relationship...Fry that bitch...I saw the 'Lifetime' movie
  • val 2010/01/22 18:24:34
  • Anemone 2010/01/22 17:55:05
    'Angry Betty' was not a victim...
    Anemone
    +2
    No, she's a deranged woman. She should serve out the rest of her sentence.
  • petean05 2010/01/22 16:49:22
    Elisabeth Broderick was a victim...
    petean05
    +1
    I think she was a victim that should serve the rest of her sentence. It sounds like her husband was a sleaze-ball, but he didn't deserve to die, and even if you could somehow argue that he did deserve to die, that was not her decision to make.
  • LeeLi 2010/01/22 15:26:59
    Elisabeth Broderick was a victim...
    LeeLi
    in my opinion
  • NarcolepticGoat 2010/01/22 12:39:55
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    NarcolepticGoat
    +1
    Was a victim until she victimized others.

Angry people are still expected to behave responsibly. No matter how justified the anger.
  • FUTURE BREEZE 2010/01/22 10:06:56
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    FUTURE BREEZE
    just got traded in for a newer model...

Shh... it happens
  • sharon FUTURE ... 2010/01/22 21:50:36
    sharon
    retard that is a stupid thing to say you should be recycled and poured down in a better mold worthless waste of human skin
  • FUTURE ... sharon 2010/01/22 21:54:56
    FUTURE BREEZE
    'I Think' the truth hurts doesn't it?

Men reach a certain age trade in the sedan and buy red sports cars and trade in the wife for a newer model.. it's life... some men are like that..

Be careful how you respond, I may take offense...

By the way your IP is logged duel profiles are frowned upon!
  • Chelle 2010/01/22 09:49:39
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    Chelle
    I think Elisabeth Betty Broderick was not a victim for killing her ex-husband, and his new wife, and its sad that she had to go through something like that. She should've had enough sense to realize that her ex-husband was not good for her, and leave him be. Before things got worse, and let years of angry emotion be built upon herself she should've decided what was the best thing for her to do. In other words what I'm trying to say is that she should've looked at her situation in an all around 3 dimensional way doing whatever possible to get her life safe back on track.
  • whitneyyy 2010/01/22 09:07:32
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    whitneyyy
    should not be realsed from jail, do the crime do the time

butttttt

she was a victim, her husband was a ef butthole. No excuse for murder thoughhh
  • Abort A Liberal, Save A Life. 2010/01/22 08:51:57
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    Abort A Liberal, Save A Life.
    +1
    While her situation sucked and I can sadly relate on so many levels that it's not even funny, I wouldn't stoop to killing my ex-husband... although I think about it everyday. Nope, he has taken so much from me already, but I'll be damned if that ass clown is going to be the end of my physical freedom as well. :(
  • Master 2010/01/22 05:44:53
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    Master
    +4
  • wpsark Master 2010/01/22 18:57:03
    wpsark
    sadly that's true
  • itoldyouso 2010/01/22 02:52:38
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    itoldyouso
    No such thing as a murderer being a victim. You either innocent or guilty and the jury found her guilty. I hate to see any good people in the big house. But as one individual who worked in city jails, state and federal prisons. I was amazed at how many innocent are in jail. Probaly about 99.9%. Point is don't want to do the time, don't do the crime.
  • Kabrelle 2010/01/22 02:44:58
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    Kabrelle
    Elisabeth Broderick was a victim of losing her husband and children, however I do not see her as a victim anymore after she murders the two people she hates most. Seriously, killing him (and her) for that isn't worth it. There are legal ways to re-gain your children, you can fight back for them, just don't give up after the first happening. I see her sitting in jail as a side effect of being extremely stupid.

Oh yeah, people are usually always making up excuses when it comes to serving time. In this case, she is claiming to be a victim.
  • castronitus 2010/01/22 02:28:44
    'Angry Betty' was not a victim...
    castronitus
    In terms of marriage, yes might have been a victim but for the crimes that she committed she is certainly not a victim. Many people go through the same thing and they dont kill their spouse. What gives her the right to kill her husband... something to think about.
  • NPC 2010/01/22 02:28:26
    'Angry Betty' was not a victim...
    NPC
    Betty deserves what jsutice she receved from the jury. She is a premeditated murderer and nothing less.
  • kevracer 2010/01/22 02:25:31
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    kevracer
    +1
    is one crazy ass old lady
  • Lavendergrl 2010/01/22 02:08:17
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    Lavendergrl
    +1
    Broderick should fill her entire sentence. If we choose to remain in bad situations we must choose to take responsibility for the damage those situations may do to our psyche. No one makes a woman stay in an abusive marriage. She can't blame her actions on the man whose life she took. There's always another option.
  • CHICKSRULE 2010/01/22 01:59:32
    Elisabeth Broderick was a victim...
    CHICKSRULE
    She absolutely was a victim. Her husband was mean and very hurtful to her. Even though what he did to her was a horrible thing, it doesn't give her the right to murder him. But she was definately a victim. Until your husband does something like that to you, you cannot say that she isn't a victim. I have been in her shoes, although I wouldn't of even thought of murdering my ex and his mistress, I know what it feels like to be married for 16yrs and have your husband make fun of you and humiliate you. Let me tell you, it's a horrible thing. Some women go over the edge and in her case she definately did and even worse, she went a little crazy.
  • Theseus 2010/01/22 01:49:53
    'Angry Betty' was not a victim...
    Theseus
    +1
    We shouldn't be deciding what her sentence should've been years later. She already had her trial. The only thing that should matter is her behavior in prison.
  • Rose(The Threat Is Real) 2010/01/22 01:37:24
    I think Elisabeth 'Betty' Broderick...
    Rose(The Threat Is Real)
    +1
    She was mad and heart broken probably thought about all those years she put in that marriage and got angrier every time she thought about it than her kids got tooken away damn....would make me lose it to
  • Common Sense 2010/01/22 01:21:06
    'Angry Betty' was not a victim...
    Common Sense
    +1
    There's no excuse for what she did. I don't care what "injustices" she thinks she may have incurred, she commited the premeditated murder of two people, and she should stay in prison.

2014/12/18 07:18:49