Is Mitt Romney going to run for president (again) in 2016?

Mopeder 2012/11/16 13:02:13

• UnusualSuspect 2012/11/16 15:31:57 (edited)
    UnusualSuspect
    +3
    Maybe 3 times is a charm!
  • This is W³ 2012/11/16 15:04:38
    This is W³
    +6
    The Republicans would be stupid to nominate him for president again in 2016. He is finished politically. He can only dream about what could have been:

Just a dream
  • [Kat☮strophic☠Kelly]ツ ♥ 2012/11/16 15:01:56
    [Kat☮strophic☠Kelly]ツ ♥
    +4
    i sincerely hope not.
  • Cookielane 2012/11/16 15:00:20
    Cookielane
    +4
    God I hope not!
  • bob h. 2012/11/16 14:53:36
    bob h.
    +6
    His ego won't allow it.
  • RogerCo... bob h. 2012/11/16 17:05:38
    RogerCoppock
    +1
    That's an interesting answer. We'll see if it is true.
  • Wag 2012/11/16 14:49:04
    Wag
    +4
    as a liberal: I sure hope so............
  • TXGirl 2012/11/16 14:48:23
    TXGirl
    +3
    Good Lord I hope not...
  • the spoiler 2012/11/16 14:47:02
    the spoiler
    +4
    I know the Democrats hope so
  • demon Destroyer aka Bash 2012/11/16 14:41:03
    demon Destroyer aka Bash
    He'll win if he does.
  • Karla demon D... 2013/11/21 03:33:24
    Karla
    +2
    I hope he does run again.
  • Rich 2012/11/16 14:35:44
    Rich
    +3
    I can't believe, if he does, the GOP would be stupid enough to put him at the top of the ticket again.
  • Lonzo 2012/11/16 14:34:17
  • Rebel Yell 2012/11/16 14:28:01
    Rebel Yell
    +3
    If he does, he's even a bigger moron than I thought. Romney has been running for office for ten years ( Senate, two Pres elections). He has always been a loser. The GOP field will be crowded in 2016... Rand Paul, Rubio, Jeb Bush, Huckabee ( yes, again ) Paul Ryan, Christie, just to name a few. Romney wouldn't have a chance against any one of them.
  • RogerCo... Rebel Yell 2012/11/16 17:07:53 (edited)
    RogerCoppock
    +1
    You forgot the ghost of Harold Stassen.
  • Swan Eshdeh 2012/11/16 14:23:48
    Swan Eshdeh
    maybe he will be dead by that time ?
  • joes least wild 2012/11/16 14:21:39
    joes least wild
    +1
    No I don't think so
  • MJ 2012/11/16 14:21:15
    MJ
    +4
    No. I hope this was the last we've seen of Mittens...
  • JonathonTepesSharkey 2012/11/16 14:13:30
  • Roger P 2012/11/16 14:07:46
    Roger P
    +4
    Romney has had 2 runs at the White House. In his case, he's best to lick his wounds, stay home and realize that 3rd time WILL NOT be the charm. America cannot afford to elect a Mormon as the President of the United States. The idea would make even George Washington roll over in his grave.
  • joes le... Roger P 2012/11/16 14:23:04
    joes least wild
    +1
    And why is that?
  • Roger P joes le... 2012/11/16 14:28:08
    Roger P
    +1
    "The Mormon Agenda"...
    And don't tell me they don't have one! Half of my famliy is LDS. I know what the church has up it's sleeve and it's not good. If I have to explain it to you (since you live in Utah) then I've made my point.
  • joes le... Roger P 2012/11/16 14:32:48
    joes least wild
    We have no "agenda" mitt Romney was running for his country not his church
  • RogerCo... joes le... 2012/11/16 17:10:09 (edited)
    RogerCoppock
    +1
    "mitt Romney was running for his country not his church"

I doubt that Romney really ran for either. He ran for his own ego.
  • joes le... RogerCo... 2012/11/16 22:21:53
    joes least wild
    So now you're contradicting yourself?
  • RogerCo... joes le... 2012/11/17 03:15:01
    RogerCoppock
    There are two "Roger"s here, Roger P and Roger C.
  • Roger P RogerCo... 2012/11/17 17:13:56
    Roger P
    Wow!!! There for a minute, even I was confused! For some reason, I couldn't remember saying some of those things and probably never would although, the ego idea is a good one.
    Either way, I think he's ran his course, and his race. After two tries of being unsuccessful, I seriously doubt he'll be spending any more of his millions running for president. The election probably took as much out of him as being 'the man' for four years would have. Especially since he's been chasing the dream for how long, now? But, who knows? Nixon kept at it till he brought the fold around to his way of thinking. So, I'm not sure
    what he will do with his time, but, he's got a big enough family, he could do some 'quality' time with them now that he's not running all over the country.
    I'll give it to the guy, he fought the good fight and tried many times to put the church and his faith into a proper perspective and he was a gentleman every time, even when folks tried to put the screws to him.
    As for the "agenda"...My own father has discussed the "Mormon Agenda" with me on more than one occasion trying to get me to come to the faith. They want a Mormon in every political office, a Mormon in every CEO chair and every family converted to the faith. They want homosexuals banished to a desert island, and fo...
    As for the "agenda"...My own father has discussed the "Mormon Agenda" with me on more than one occasion trying to get me to come to the faith. They want a Mormon in every political office, a Mormon in every CEO chair and every family converted to the faith. They want homosexuals banished to a desert island, and for the church to be in charge of law enforcement in a 'round about' kind of way. It's quite a grand plan on the whole scheme of things and, more elders than just my father have explained this to me in great detail.
    I told Dad and the others that it sounds more like "The Borg" in Star Trek and that the Church is trying to assimilate others into the collective and brainwash them all into one way of thinking. I've since taken to calling the church "The Morg" and Dad has finally realized that while I have faith in God and Jesus Christ, I'm just not ever going to be a member of the same church/faith as he is and he's good with that and with me. I don't give him any more static and he doesn't try to 'recruit' me every time we get together. (In case your wondering, Mom was Catholic, LOL) So, with all that in mind, it's okay if you don't think or feel the same way, but, don't try to B.S. me into thinking that the LDS church doesn't have an agenda. They Do!
  • Tedster Roger P 2012/11/16 20:04:14
    Tedster
    +1
    Well, he might not be rolling over in his grave but GW has got to be up on one elbow!
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/11/16 14:02:26
    **StarzAbove**
    +5
    I doubt it, although he's so arrogant he might think he has a chance. But he would never win the primary. A lot of Republican leaders are now dissing him, too bad they didn't do this when he was campaigning, then maybe those sore losers here on SH would have seen what the rest of us have seen. That he has no idea how the american people really live.
  • RogerCo... **Starz... 2012/11/16 17:13:15
    RogerCoppock
    +2
    " But he would never win the primary"

Considering the likely field, if Romney ran for President, I think he could win a few primaries, but not a nomination.
  • **Starz... RogerCo... 2012/11/16 22:39:25
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    At this point I doubt he could win dogcatcher.
  • RogerCo... **Starz... 2012/11/17 03:17:26
    RogerCoppock
    4 years can do a lot of healing.
  • Roger P RogerCo... 2012/11/17 17:16:39 (edited)
    Roger P
    He might take Idaho and Utah, but, that would probably be about it. I also think it would depend on the field of nominees, as well... He might do pretty good again if Gingrich was the only other person running for the nomination! But, I think they're both pretty much washed up as far as politics go.
    But, honestly, the G.O.P. needs to wake up! They are out of touch with most American Families. And, as sad a shape as the country was left in with Bush and are still working our butts off to climb out of, I don't foresee a G.O.P. or Tea Party Nominee in the White House for quite a long time.
    It will take forever for the country to get the bad taste out of it's mouth that Bush and his cohorts in crime, left behind.
    In case your wondering...I didn't vote for Clinton, but, I definately didn't vote for Bush, either one! Of the G.O.P. Spread this last time, the only one I'd consider voting for is Ron Paul.
  • Roger P **Starz... 2012/11/17 17:16:09
    Roger P
    He's been out of touch with the REST of America for a very long time and honestly, I can't imagine HOW he got elected Govenor of ANY State. I thought that all those folks in BeanTown and the surrounding areas had brains! Guess Not.
  • RogerCoppock 2012/11/16 14:01:02 (edited)
    RogerCoppock
    +7
    Romney may try again. However, he'll not be treated seriously and never get the GOP nomination. The GOP will try some other candidate who is more popular with the party. Voldamort and Darth Vader are available.

Voldamort

Darth Vader
  • Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/11/16 13:52:46
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +7
    No lol.

• This is W³ Latti I... 2012/11/16 15:15:40
    This is W³
    +4
    Romney's true colors come to light after the election.
  • Latti I... This is W³ 2012/11/16 15:32:30
  • MeiLin This is W³ 2012/11/16 15:34:43
    MeiLin
    +3
    More, enough was visible before the election to help Obama.
  • Jesterz 2012/11/16 13:52:04
    Jesterz
    +4
    Probably not, would be as bad a choice as it was this time... But then, maybe the GOP has suicidal tendencies...

2014/04/16 04:29:13