Is Michelle Obama, the most extravigant First Lady in the history of this country?

rjmac7 2009/07/29 12:16:03
BUT!! Look at all he JOBS she has "created!".

What a travesty! Oh, wait, it gets a little worse, look at the last two paragraphs! If only the American people knew........... Ah, but the Canadians do!

First Lady Requires More Than Twenty Attendants

Recession, Depression, What, Michelle Worry

July 7, 2009

Dr. Paul L. Williams

"In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much," she said. "See, that's why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service," Michelle Obama

No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she doesn't perform any official duties. But this hasn't deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession. Just think Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing china for the White House during the Civil War. And Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary.

How things have changed! If you're one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers, prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Miz Michelle are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by John Q. Public:

1. $172,2000 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)

2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)

3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)

4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)

5. Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)

6. $90,000 - Medina, David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)

7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)

8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)

9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)

10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)

11. Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)

12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)

13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)

14. Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)

15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)

16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)

17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)

18. Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)

19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)

20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)

21. Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)

22. Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)

Copyright 2009 Canada Free Press.Com

canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12652

There has never been anyone in the White House at any time that has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense, when even Hillary, only had three; Jackie Kennedy one; Laura Bush one; and prior to Mamie Eisenhower social help came from the President's own pocket.

Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard Air Force One to Europe.

• cynthia.dixon69 2014/05/08 17:10:12
    cynthia.dixon69
    I'm appalled by the ugly comments & lack of research/knowledge by many posters on this thread. FEELING & THINKING something is not the same a cold, hard facts. I have this conversation on FB all the time. Many people won't take the time & effort to research before they post & repost. You are entitled to your beliefs; you are NOT entitled to your own facts!
  • Mac 2009/11/26 11:36:04 (edited)
    She certainly is a waste for this country
    Mac
    +1
    Her latest dress created for the State dinner with the president of India was sewn in India, took a staff of 40 workers three weeks to create. Included sterling silver in the fabric. Sure glad our economy is in such good shape that US taxpayers can afford this. Also so nice that she created so many new jobs.................in India??? WTF?
  • ALofRI 2009/09/17 14:23:51
    ALofRI
    +1
    I clicked "undecided" but that's not true. What a bunch of CRAP! She buys her clothes where many people buy their clothes! SHE has made an obscure designer famous, she did NOT go to a "well known" expensive designer as did Jackie Kennedy, as did Nancy Reagan to name a couple!

Some of you can't seem to get over the fact that you lost the election, and you lost it to a BLACK couple. (A handsome black couple at that!) Get OVER it! Michelle Obama is a beautiful LADY, AND a very WELL educated one! I'm white, and proud to have her as the first lady of these LATELY un-United States!
  • Charles E 2009/08/03 21:33:29
    Charles E
    She is "entitled" to all the perks she is getting. Just ask her. If you disagree you will be called racist.
  • darlene 2009/07/31 05:41:39
    darlene
    +5
    Jacqueline Kennedy was a class act! She had elegance,poise and fabulous taste in clothing. undecided jacqueline kennedy class act elegancepoise fabulous taste clothing undecided jacqueline kennedy class act elegancepoise fabulous taste clothing undecided jacqueline kennedy class act elegancepoise fabulous taste clothing
  • Deb 2009/07/31 05:25:09
    Deb
    +3
    She thinks she is all that and a bag of potato chips extra salty. Someone should remind her that there are other people "of color" that are embarrassed by her actions. I hope she remembers to "refund" the American people for her costly shopping trips.
  • chaoskitty123 2009/07/31 03:48:18
    chaoskitty123
    +3
    No one will ever top Jackie O and her handlers are trying to make her into a new version of an original. Michelle Obama is no Jackie O and the 60's were a different time with different fashions that don't work today so that Michelle comes out looking like she's wearing a dyed potato sack with holes cut for her head and arms.

This is not an attack as I've seen where she's been called a gorilla and so forth which I find appalling. It is a straight up fact that she needs a new fashion designer and to find someone who can find a style that better fits her. It's unfair to attack her for the fashions she wears but it is also unfair to applaud her as the most fashionable first lady when the clothes she wears often look like they were fished out of a trash bin or retro. With all that money she's spending on clothes and to get such ugly things made for her... Dem's need to speak up and be honest.

She has had some beautiful sequinsed dresses made for a few occasions that really fit her well... then it's back to the potato sack the next day.
  • BienvenuJDC 2009/07/31 03:40:11
    BienvenuJDC
    I'm glad to see that she has tightened her belt in these hard times.
    waste country glad tightened belt times
  • darlene Bienven... 2009/07/31 05:44:36
    darlene
    +4
    Here's a real class act. real class act
  • Bienven... darlene 2009/07/31 11:30:33
    BienvenuJDC
    +1
    Yes...and although I can't speak much about her, since she was before my time. I have a definite impression of her.
  • ALofRI darlene 2009/09/17 14:28:27
    ALofRI
    +2
    I thought the "insinuation" was that she was too extravagent, and costing the country too much. I loved Jackie Kennedy AND her husband, but that dress (and many others) that she wore cost MORE than Michelles whole wardrobe! Get real!
    Michelle is NOT Jackie, and is NOT trying to be!
  • Steven Bienven... 2009/07/31 12:55:53
    Steven
    +2
    thats Aunt Esther from Sanford and Son !!! except esther had more personality
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2009/07/31 02:28:20
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    Does she also need to pay them so much? Whatever happened to hiring "their" people that are on welfare that they are wanting to even the playing field.
  • Poetic Warrior 2009/07/31 02:00:46
    Poetic Warrior
    +4
    You have got to be kidding me, this is so outrageous and in our current situtation that our economy is in? Man this burns my behind. I seem to recall people in power in the past spending money like it was going out of style lost their heads over it. economy burns recall people power spending money style lost heads
  • bacon bits 2009/07/31 01:33:36
    bacon bits
    +4
    You have got to be kidding me! What does she need all those people for??????????????????

What a joke
  • SCOOP--RIP, MY DEAR MAX 2009/07/30 18:51:49
    SCOOP--RIP, MY DEAR MAX
  • Lessa 2009/07/30 18:14:09
    Lessa
    +4
    Both Husband and Wife live by "do as I say not as I do" SSDD..Same Shit Different Day
  • Zuggi 2009/07/29 15:16:10
    Zuggi
    +4
    She is beautiful and awesome.
  • bacon bits Zuggi 2009/07/31 01:35:51
    bacon bits
    +4
    Zuggi, do you really believe that? zuggi
  • darlene bacon bits 2009/07/31 05:47:20
    darlene
    +4
    She needs charm school! charm school
  • bacon bits darlene 2009/07/31 18:13:47
    bacon bits
    Hey! What's happening???!!! Call me
  • ALofRI bacon bits 2014/05/08 18:17:59
    ALofRI
    If he doesn't (but I'm sure he does), I DO! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and also more than skin deep. You may look good on the surface, but underneath you are ugly!
  • Steven Zuggi 2009/07/31 12:54:42
    Steven
    +1
    in the dark maybe
  • Nat™ 2009/07/29 13:27:40
    Nat™
    +3
    She is beautiful, now everybody please join this group and vote for Astro-Boy on Friday!
    http://www.sodahead.com/group...
  • Brisi Nat™ 2009/07/29 14:47:19
    Brisi
    +5
    What is it, a joke? Are you saying that Michelle Obama is beautiful? You gotta be kidding!!! joke michelle obama beautiful gotta kidding
  • Nat™ Brisi 2009/07/29 14:47:50 (edited)
    Nat™
    +3
    How did that deserve a DR?
  • Steven Brisi 2009/07/31 12:54:21
    Steven
    +1
    yo yo mama
  • Brisi Steven 2009/07/31 12:58:34
    Brisi
    Purple shoes!!! How could you use a pair of purple shoes to walk that stupid dog at the White House.
    We are all paying for that s...
  • Steven Brisi 2009/07/31 12:59:32
    Steven
    +2
    can you imagine the feet!!!! yikes size 11 canal boats
  • Sherry Mowery, My Cowboy su... 2009/07/29 13:04:23
    Sherry Mowery, My Cowboy suffers no longer...
    +3
    She is the most extravigant Frist Lady, in my memory, so much of what she has done is very frivilous, given the state of our nation. I would venture to guess she runs that household, like a stop clock. And has BO's attention for the runnning of our country.
  • Fay Sherry ... 2009/07/31 05:59:48
    Fay
    +1
    My God you people love to lie, if you care to know the real truth about what the whole white house spends on salaries, go here, it is direct for the white house
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/ass...

Also, she spend far less on cloths than any other First Lady in many years, FIrst Lady Obama is the most conservative spending Lady period. She even planted a garden for their vegies. And yes, she is the most beautiful, elegant, and intelligent First Lady we have had in a long time.
  • Sherry ... Fay 2009/07/31 12:32:02
    Ooohhh yeah, her garden is contaminatied, she spends $6000.00 on a clutch bag, $540.00 on sneakers that are ugly, mine came from Walmart and they only cost $20.00, and are far prettier, beside, she only bought them to wear to a soup kitchen, spend over $200.00 on dress for her daughter, come on they grow so fast, how can you really justify that? Your are wrong, Laura Bush is far more dignified than Michelle, she is a control freak, and lower the office of First Lady!LOL! you are funny!
  • Fay Sherry ... 2009/07/31 17:11:59
    Fay
    +1
    and you are sick and that is just not true.
  • rjmac7 Fay 2009/08/01 03:46:43
    rjmac7
    She is spending more Taxpayer money on her Personal Staff than any other First Lady in US History.

• Fay rjmac7 2009/08/01 04:17:17
    Fay
    +1
    not true go here direct from the white house of the staff salaries.
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/ass...
  • rjmac7 Fay 2009/08/01 04:43:04 (edited)
    rjmac7
    Go try to read it That page no longer exists.
    The point is that she has a personal staff of 22 people. More than any other First Lady in US History, and if that is not wasting taxpayer money, what is?
  • Fay rjmac7 2009/08/01 05:06:08
  • Cisco rjmac7 2010/08/06 20:14:15
    Cisco
    +3
    yes the page does exist... what is with you 2??? one says it will show above to a lie... it does not.. the other says the page does not exist... i clicked on it and it went straight there....why don't u know what ur talking about??? you sound like u r being factual... both of u... but u r not!!!
  • Cisco Fay 2010/08/06 20:09:05
    Cisco
    +2
    yeah go there and u will see it is same as above... what the heck???
  • Cisco Fay 2010/08/06 20:07:12
    Cisco
    +3
    i don't understand ur sarcasm ... i went to the site you put in...and it coinsides with the list above... i went at your suggestion bcs u sounded like u knew what u were talking about... guess not...and u dared to say... "you people love to lie???" after reading the white house salary list at the official site... i just don't get you!!!

2014/08/02 02:39:03