Is Lowe's Siding with Right Wing Racist Groups?

Manuel 2011/12/12 20:14:05
Yes, Lowe's agrees with right wing Racists.
No, Lowe's is just owned by right wing Racists.
Franklin Graham will preach the right thing...but for who?
Apparently the big time home improvement corporation doesn't like American Muslims.
What's next?...stop selling their products to Muslims?...then after that ...Mexicans?
Well read on...I'd say Lowe's is owned by Racists...

Lowe's Home Improvement has found itself facing a backlash after the retail giant pulled ads from a reality show about American Muslims.

The retail giant stopped advertising on TLC's "All-American Muslim" after a conservative group known as the Florida Family Association complained, saying the program was "propaganda that riskily hides the Islamic agenda's clear and present danger to American liberties and traditional values."

The show premiered last month and chronicles the lives of five families from Dearborn, Mich., a Detroit suburb with a large Muslim and Arab-American population.

A state senator from Southern California said Sunday he was considering calling for a boycott.

Calling the Lowe's decision "un-American" and "naked religious bigotry," Sen. Ted Lieu, D-Torrance, told The Associated Press he would also consider legislative action if Lowe's doesn't apologize to Muslims and reinstate its ads. The senator sent a letter outlining his complaints to Lowe's Chief Executive Officer Robert A. Niblock.

"The show is about what it's like to be a Muslim in America, and it touches on the discrimination they sometimes face. And that kind of discrimination is exactly what's happening here with Lowe's," Lieu said.

The Florida group sent three emails to its members, asking them to petition Lowe's to pull its advertising. Its website was updated to say that "supporters' emails to advertisers make a difference."

The North Carolina-based Lowe's issued a statement apologizing for having "managed to make some people very unhappy."

"Individuals and groups have strong political and societal views on this topic, and this program became a lightning rod for many of those views," the statement said. "As a result we did pull our advertising on this program. We believe it is best to respectfully defer to communities, individuals and groups to discuss and consider such issues of importance."

The apology doesn't go far enough, Lieu said. The senator vowed to look into whether Lowe's violated any California laws and said he would also consider drafting a senate resolution condemning the company's actions.

"We want to raise awareness so that consumers will know during this holiday shopping season that Lowe's is engaging in religious discrimination," Lieu said.

Besides an apology and reinstatement of the ads, Lieu said he hoped Lowe's would make an outreach to the community about bias and bigotry.

Lieu's office said a decision was expected Wednesday or Thursday on whether to proceed with the boycott.

Lowe's said company officials are trying to make arrangements to talk directly to Lieu about his concerns and clarify the company's position.

Suehaila Amen, whose family is featured on "All-American Muslim," said she was disappointed by the Lowe's decision.

"I'm saddened that any place of business would succumb to bigots and people trying to perpetuate their negative views on an entire community," Amen, 32, told The Detroit News on Sunday.

Dawud Walid, Michigan director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said his group felt "extreme disappointment" at Lowe's "capitulation to bigotry."

Walid said he has heard expressions of anger and calls for a boycott by Muslims but said a key to resolving the Lowe's advertising controversy will be how non-Muslim religious leaders and others react to Lowe's decision.

"I will be picking up the phone tomorrow to some of our friends and allies to explain the situation to them," Walid said Sunday.

Well it aint right....what a stink....I bet no Christian groups will say Lowe's is wrong...Where are you Franklin Graham?

• melly~thwarting Satan since... 2011/12/12 20:47:59
    melly~thwarting Satan since 1971
    +27
    They issued an "apology". http://www.foxnews.com/us/201... I made the monumental mistake of visiting the Lowe's Facebook page to see what their customers were saying about their fun little "apology". Help me to regain my faith in human nature:

"Stephen Wilson: if u dnt like us go back where u came from or where ur parents came from we get along in life fine without terroism on our rights"

"Dave Hinkle: Awesome decision! That show does nothing but push a skewed agenda. If they want a show about Muslims, then they should say the truth, not just whatever makes people feel good. fyi, I live about 15 minutes from where this show takes place"

"Jim Martin: I think i need to go to Lowe's today! AND SPEND LOTS OF $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$"

"If Lowe's only sold Virginia Hams, I'd be glad to buy many hams for my muslim friends!! Let's celebrate Christmas and buy hams for the muislims!!"

"Henry Mammarella" Thank you Lowes, for restoring my faith in responsible
    corporate citizenry by having removed your advertisments
    from the All=American muslim Show. This show is nothing more
    than deceit and it is full of lies about islam. It promotes feel good
    sugar coated propaganda by steath jihadists in an attempt to lull
    the American public into a false sense of security about islam.
    The tr...

The truth is, that this "religion" thrives on the arrogant assumption
    that it is the most logical, the most scientific and the most
    perfect religion. While the fact is that it is the stupidest
    doctrine — the most backward and absurd belief. If the truth
    about islam becomes common knowledge, it will be weakened...
    that is why this show lies with impunity."

Etc. etc. etc. Ad nauseum.

Same set of talking points over and over again.

(1) But Saudi Arabia is a terrible place! They don't let women drive! Yes. Yes it is. And yet believe it or not, Saudi Arabia comprises a tiny fraction of the world's Muslims. The vast majority of global Muslims live in the Asian-Pacific region. Where, for example, one predominately Muslim country (Indonesia), elected a female head of state. Kind of flies in the face of the Islam hates women theory. South African apartheid took place under an ostensibly Christian regime. I don't see people hyperventilating about that.

(2) TERRORISMS!!! We can't depict Islam without talking about terrorism!!! Yes. Terrorism is bad. And yet believe it or not, terrorism does not equal Islam or Muslims, just like Saudi Arabia is not the de facto representative for the world's Muslims. And if you're a person who somehow feels threatened by non-demonizing depictions of Muslims as regular, human people, there's something very wrong with you.

(3) Lowe's had the right to do whatever it wants with its ad money, that dear patriotic company! Yes. Yes it does. And people have the right to be disgusted by its cowardly pandering to bigotry. And to refrain from shopping there.

I need reassurance that the world isn't populated by idiots. And I feel okay about shopping at Home Depot.

• Calm down! 2012/02/11 00:05:03 (edited)
    Calm down!
    They just handed huge paycuts to their employees this week by taking away their commisions. I'm a Home Depot customer now!
  • Dr. Sliptinschit 2012/01/12 18:49:16
    Dr. Sliptinschit
    There are no racists on the right...
  • Manuel Dr. Sli... 2012/01/16 06:08:29
    Manuel
    +1
    I know you wish that...lol
  • Dr. Sli... Manuel 2012/01/16 20:27:16
    Dr. Sliptinschit
    I wish that what?
  • Bitwise Operator 2011/12/22 21:24:27
    Bitwise Operator
    So I shop there every chance I get.
  • Manuel Bitwise... 2012/01/16 06:08:54
    Manuel
    +1
    of course you will....
  • indiejen 2011/12/17 08:36:08
    indiejen
    +1
    When I can't go to a mom and pop hardware store, I prefer Home Depot.
  • DutchHeretic Native non-Ame... 2011/12/15 12:59:45
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    +1
    If they had a little spine the would have left it there , this sign is made to educate the stupid people who dissagreed with it and had it removed..
  • Anonymouse ~superdoge~ 2011/12/14 22:29:01
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    Loaded answers... They clearly agree with the right wing agenda, but their views against halal is much more egalitarian. Halal slaughter is a despicable practice, and must not be allowed. It is not an anti muslim view, it is an animal welfare view. If it were not a Muslim religious practice it would have been banned years ago.
  • Manuel Anonymo... 2011/12/16 20:38:43
  • C. C. Rider 2011/12/14 14:49:33
    C. C. Rider
    +3
    I feel the real story is with Who the hell is Florida Family Association? I think Lowe's pulled a knee jerk reaction in listening to this group and is now paying the price as they should. Evidently when Loews' says "Let's build something together" they mean hate toward Muslims.

I have to say I disagree with ," Sen. Ted Lieu, D-Torrance, who told The Associated Press he would also consider legislative action to force Lowe's to reinstate their ads. NO ONE should be forced to do anything thu legislation. Especially when it comes to placing ads. I think THAT would be a wrong move.
  • Manuel C. C. R... 2011/12/14 16:56:51
    Manuel
    +2
    NO ONE should be forced to do anything thu legislation.

Okay if that's your stand...then why can we smoke pot? Simple ...because legislation forced us not to....
  • C. C. R... Manuel 2011/12/14 17:12:26
    C. C. Rider
    +2
    lol I think you get my drift. It was meant on the advertising crap.

cheech and chong
  • Manuel C. C. R... 2011/12/16 20:39:53
    Manuel
    what you say for one can go for the other....get my drift?
  • Smitten... C. C. R... 2011/12/15 00:47:48
  • C. C. R... Smitten... 2011/12/15 13:48:45
    C. C. Rider
    +2
    Isle four has torches!!!!!

torches

"lets build something together" lol...

lowes lets build something together
  • Smitten... C. C. R... 2011/12/15 19:33:21
  • C. C. R... Smitten... 2011/12/15 19:43:12
    C. C. Rider
    +2
    mmm was just here and they were sold out!....oh oh........
  • Manuel C. C. R... 2011/12/16 20:42:03
  • Manuel Smitten... 2011/12/16 20:41:52
  • ally 2011/12/13 16:27:13 (edited)
    ally
    +4
    Christian bigotry and hate at it's best- Merry Christmas, everyone from those who profess love for all.

A list of some of the larger companies still advertising and their sites
    that you can contact to encouragethem not to cave to bigotry:

Amazon Jeff.Bezos@Amazon.com bezosj@amazon.com ir@amazon.com
    Big Lots SFishman@biglots.com
    Citi Group Investorrelations@citi.com Edward.Skyler@citigroup.com Vikram.Pandit@citigroup.com
    Dyson cv@dyson.com usa.enquiries@dyson.com
    Disney marsha.reed@disney.com robert.a.iger@disney.com
    Discover Financial RogerHochschild@discoverfinan... DavidNelms@discoverfinancial.com
    Farmers Mike.Linton@farmers.com PaulHopkins@farmers.com Bob.Woudstra@farmers.com
    Kimberly Clarke tony.palmer@kcc.com MButhman@kcc.com thomas.falk@kcc.com
    Kraft Melanie.Morland@kraft.com Rzahery@kraft.com Irene.Rosenfeld@kraft.com
    Merck Richard_Clark@merck.com David_Ansticed@merck.com
    Microsoft jack.evans@microsoft.com bill.cox@microsoft.com AskBoard@microsoft.com
    Motorola bill.ogle@motorola.com juli.burda@motorola.com
    Prestige Brands MMannelly@prestigebrands.com
    Verizon Wireless Marquett.Smith@VerizonWireles... Mami.Walden@VerizonWireless.com
    Welch’s birwin@welchs.com DEngelkemeyer@welchs.com MWohl@welchs.com

note: The Floridafamily.com hate post has come down.
  • Manuel ally 2011/12/14 03:22:43
    Manuel
    +2
    thank you for this list.
  • Mustafa 2011/12/13 16:12:29
    Mustafa
    +1
    Lowes hates Muslims. Simple and Plain!!
  • lil crazy 2011/12/13 15:38:00
    lil crazy
    +1
    I wouldn't say they agree or owned by right wing racists because they initially ran ads but ended up pulling them because of feeling pressured. So basically they are just cowards who have now brought quite a bit of attention on themselves. What I wonder is how many people will stop shopping there because of this and how many people will start shopping there because of this, if sodahead is an indication the numbers will be about the same. (sad but true)
  • Builder 2011/12/13 15:34:13
    Builder
    Its sad that we even have to debate this. Considering that we all came from somewhere else (except the Natives) we have a bad habit of trying to tell others what to do, how to act and we don't mind pushing our ideas on others!
  • JanHopkins Builder 2011/12/13 16:05:19
    JanHopkins
    The natives came from somewhere else too but it was a long time ago.
  • Manuel JanHopkins 2011/12/14 03:27:22
    Manuel
    +1
    They were always here....and the white settlers tried to exterminate them all...
  • JanHopkins Manuel 2011/12/14 03:32:10
    JanHopkins
    Wrong. Their ancestry is asian. They came into American continent 10,000 to 13,000 years ago. Their DNA confirms this.
  • Manuel JanHopkins 2011/12/14 16:57:42
    Manuel
    +1
    Baloney....God put them there.....
  • JanHopkins Manuel 2011/12/14 17:44:24
    JanHopkins
    Whatever turns your crank.
  • Manuel JanHopkins 2011/12/16 20:43:22
    Manuel
    you must be high on crank
  • DutchHe... Manuel 2011/12/15 14:45:11
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    +1
    huh ?
    She is right you know,The Native Americans are widely believed to have come to the Americas via the prehistoric Bering Land Bridge
    In old paintings of indians you can see resemblance to mongolian nomads which already had developed a high level of civilisation 12 to 15,000 years ago when they started to migrate..
  • Manuel DutchHe... 2011/12/16 20:44:19
    Manuel
    so where did the Jews come from?
  • DutchHe... Manuel 2011/12/16 21:13:52 (edited)
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    ships ? from europe ? immigrants ?

Oooh you mean in general,
    Ok, befor they became jews the were propably just arabs who did not wanted to be arabs anymore, befor that they were homo erectus who wanted to become arabs , befor that somekind of intellgent ape who wanted to become homo erectus, befor that somekind of humanosaurus who wanted to become homo erectus, befor that humamino acids which wanted to become humanosaurus befor that a whole lot of collected molecules spewed out of an esploding star wihich wanted to become humamino acids, befor that gasses thrown in space by a huge bang and because that a tiny microdot with already everything inside that exploded, threw gasses into space that became stars and when they burned out they exploded and from that our solarsystem was born with all kind of humimno acids that became humanosaurus that became walking apes that became homo erectus that became arab and that became jew because they did not wanted to be arab anymoreand they got on boats and airplanes and came to america to become the richest people there ...

Try to read that loud without breathing....
  • Manuel DutchHe... 2011/12/17 17:15:46
    Manuel
    lol....did you catch your breath....?...thanks for proving my point....
  • DutchHe... Manuel 2011/12/17 18:51:06
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    +1
    I did ? I thought I was just being silly..
  • Manuel DutchHe... 2011/12/18 21:05:54
    Manuel
    yea that too...lol
  • DutchHe... Manuel 2011/12/18 21:11:54
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    +1
    Merry christmas Manuel
  • Manuel DutchHe... 2011/12/18 21:36:00
    Manuel
    thank you....
  • Manuel Builder 2011/12/14 03:24:40
    Manuel
    +1
    sigh....

2014/08/28 15:31:53