Is Kerry the right choice?

L.A. Times 2013/01/30 06:14:00
The Senate voted overwhelmingly Tuesday to confirm Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) as the next secretary of State, filling a crucial national security spot in President Obama’s second-term Cabinet. The 94-3 vote clears the way for Kerry to replace Hillary Rodham Clinton after she steps down Friday.

Kerry, who will become America’s 68th top diplomat, failed to win only three Republican votes — those of Sens. John Cornyn and Rafael “Ted” Cruz, both of Texas, and Sen. James M. Inhofe of Oklahoma. A spokesman for Cornyn said Kerry supported liberal positions that most Texans oppose. Cruz has criticized Kerry, who fought in the Vietnam War, as anti-military.

Earlier Tuesday, Kerry received the unanimous endorsement of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in a voice vote. He served on the committee for 28 years and chaired it for the last four.

john kerry

Read More: http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-john-ke...

• findthelight2000 2013/02/02 21:29:29 (edited)
    findthelight2000
    +32
    I see SH is still filled to the brim with RWNJ sore losers.

sh filled brim rwnj sore losers

This also proves the RWNJ's are not the least patriotic or supportive of their troops when it comes to how they treat their war veterans..., they call them "traitors"!

• Selketskiss 2013/03/01 07:12:04
  • jack zane 2013/02/05 22:49:51
    jack zane
    im a guy. dafauq am i a female
  • shenendoah 2013/02/05 19:15:55 (edited)
    shenendoah
    +1
    I think kerry filled out the company of liars and cowards swimmingly. They couldn't have picked a better man since benedict arnold is dead.
  • chucky 2013/02/05 18:21:55
    chucky
    +2
    No the man is not fit emotionally or mentally for the job.
  • DDogbreath 2013/02/05 18:16:12
    DDogbreath
    +1
    Add another douche bag career politician to the frey.
  • harley oldman 2013/02/05 17:44:48
    harley oldman
    +1
    HELL NO...But it seems to be the norn for Democrats to install Traitor bastards to high positions.
  • Starchild 2013/02/05 17:23:49
    Starchild
    +1
    Kerry still hasn't been put on trial for war crimes he admitted to committing in Vietnam.

http://www.freerepublic.com/f...

Of course his own testimony couldn't legally be used against him due to the Constitutional protection against self-incrimination, however I believe there are others (e.g. veterans who fought in Vietnam with him) who may be able to corroborate the claims.
  • Griegg 2013/02/05 16:32:10
    Griegg
    Yes.
  • Michaelene 2013/02/05 15:13:45
    Michaelene
    +2
    He is a lying traitor but he still couldn't do worse than Clinton. She gave more of our tax dollars to countries who hate us than any SOS before. Spent millions traveling to 122 countries, what a waste.
    I wonder how many more Americans will be abandoned in their time of need?
    The 65,000 Americans under the SOS protection should be very very worried, Benghazi must weigh upon their minds daily.
  • 2789847 2013/02/05 14:58:53
  • SK-pro impeachment 2013/02/05 08:38:56
    SK-pro impeachment
    +2
    he's a dumbasscrat, isn't he?
  • CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2013/02/04 21:15:56
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    He's a coward and our enemies are laughing their asses off.
  • Happy PJ 2013/02/04 19:05:27 (edited)
    Happy PJ
    +4
    Just another millionaire career politician that does not know his azz from a hole in the ground! Course he is better then that Rice and this is the best the democrats could do.
  • Baduyo 2013/02/04 16:55:01
    Baduyo
    +7
    Kerry is a lying coward; check with his x boat mates about his service in Vietnam; I am sure you will find it to be a joke; As for two purple hearts one can receive one for a scratch if in combat; either enemy inflicted or "just fell and hurt my toe"
  • MentalGopher 2013/02/04 16:36:44
    MentalGopher
    +2
    There are conceivably worse options that Obama could have selected than John Kerry. So I say yes because Obama didn't screw up as badly as he could have.
  • krayzrick MentalG... 2013/02/04 21:13:31
  • macbeth 2013/02/04 15:54:03
    macbeth
    +2
    "unanimously approved"
    Take note, all those sore losers on the right who posted hateful rubbish about Kerry before his appointment.
  • 2789847 macbeth 2013/02/05 14:59:33
  • Bill 2789847 2013/02/05 16:53:55
    Bill
    +2
    I hate him and I'm a Republican.
    VietCong For Kerry
    And then there is Kerry with Hanoi Jane.(my favorite)
    Loyal Americans Kerry And Fonda NOT
  • Bill macbeth 2013/02/05 16:49:53
    Bill
    +1
    Rubbish? See my comment below. That's rubbish?
  • Bill 2013/02/04 15:16:03 (edited)
    Bill
    +2
    The Obummer Administration needed another inept traitor.
    Kerry was in Vietnam for 4 months. That's nothing.
    https://facultystaff.richmond...
    VIETNAM WAR VETERAN JOHN KERRY'S TESTIMONY BEFORE THE SENATE FOREIGN RELATIONS COMMITTEE, APRIL 22, 1971
    They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.
    http://www.freerepublic.com/f...
    Sen. KERRY: And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not...
    SCHIEFFER: Yeah.
    Troops can expect a lot of support from him.
  • macbeth Bill 2013/02/05 16:56:03
    macbeth
    A vet who is prepared to speak the truth about what really goes on in theatres of war.
    Seems like an apt choice to me.
  • Bill macbeth 2013/02/05 17:19:36 (edited)
    Bill
    +2
    {A vet who is prepared to speak the truth about what really goes on in theatres of war.}
    That wasn't speaking the truth; it was political posturing. He got an early out to run for office in Massachusetts.
    Theaters of war? He did 4 months, I did 18 months.

terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs
    This sound like it's what someone who will be the SoD, representing the best interest of the military, should have said about the men under his command?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politic...
    But in 1984, when he first ran for the U.S. Senate, Kerry revealed he still had his medals. According to a Boston Globe report on April 15, 1984, union officials had expressed uneasiness with Kerry's candidacy because he had thrown his medals away. Kerry acknowledged the medals he threw away were, in fact, another soldier's medals. He reportedly invited a union official home to personally inspect his Silver Star, Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts, awarded for his combat duty as a Navy lieutenant.

And you don't object to this liar? Speaks truth? LOL That's rich, as rich as his wife.
  • macbeth Bill 2013/02/05 17:28:03
    macbeth
    Sometimes the truth is unpleasant and inconvenient.
  • Bill macbeth 2013/02/05 20:12:10 (edited)
    Bill
    +1
    When I was in Nam in 67, 68 and 69 (4th Infantry Division) and it was unpleasant. It was much more unpleasant for me than for Kerry, too. He did 4 month on a boat, I did 18 months on the ground in the Highlands of Pleiku.
    Things happen in a war BUT Kerry was stressing his points as if they were a matter of policy; it was not. Yeah, we had Cally and some crazy grunts but they were the exception otherwise the liberal media (especially Cronkite and Rather) would have had a lot more to report on. In Hue, the V.C. and NVA were much more brutal on their own people than we were in the entire war.
    Then he says, "They told the stories... What did he PERSONALLY see? I'm sure some of the stories are true but, as I said, not a matter of policy or an every day occurrence.
    What about his "medals" story? I guess that the discovery of his lying about that was unpleasant and inconvenient.

Kerry's Swift Boat:
    Kerry Swift Boat
    Pleiku Central Highlands (my A.O. - Area of Operation)
    Central Highlands Pleiku Vietnam

Which would you prefer?
  • macbeth Bill 2013/02/05 20:22:22
    macbeth
    I appreciate your experience, but it's not a competition for 'Who saw the worst'.
    Kerry was in a position to use his experience in speaking out about the brutality of the war and, to my mind, was right to do so.
  • Bill macbeth 2013/02/05 20:41:13 (edited)
    Bill
    +1
    He never said he EXPERIENCED it. He said he was TOLD about it from other veterans. There is not much to see from a boat.
    I'm not knocking Swift Boat guys. Some are friends and I am antiquated with others. They're great guys and served bravely. But most, unless REALLY wounded, served their full tour. Kerry gets a shrapnel nick on his arm and writes his ticket home. I knew one guy who got a purple hear with 4 bronze oak-leaf clusters. That means he was hit 5 times in 5 separate actions. They wouldn't let him go home.
    One buddy of mine had his left testicle shot off (the lieutenant beside him was killed, the other bullet went through his right thigh, took off his left one and went through his other leg.) He went to a hospital in Japan for some months and insisted on coming back. Kerry is/was nothing like him. Kerry was just a rich kid that wanted to go into politics and saw "relatively" easy service as a stepping stone. Gore was just as bad. Why didn't Gore or Kerry volunteer for the infantry?
  • macbeth Bill 2013/02/05 20:49:52
    macbeth
    'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that Kerry was able to transfer out of combat duty after a third qualifying wound. If you want to despise him for so doing that is up to you, but I suspect most people would have taken the same course.
  • Bill macbeth 2013/02/05 21:04:24
    Bill
    +1
    You're right. But is was such a minor wound he would have been worse off if he had hit his finger with a hammer. Besides, it was his own grenade that he didn't throw far enough, according to witnesses. He just jumped at the chance to 1) get out of Nam, 2) not stay with his buddies, 3) get home to wealth and political office. I have no respect for him whatsoever.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Did he NOT lie? It was ALL politics, even way back then. Be against the war, throw away your medals (but really keep them) to show how passionate you are, and because you are anti-war, get elected by a liberal state. LOL They fell for it.
  • macbeth Bill 2013/02/05 21:30:16
    macbeth
    You do not state whether or not you have any personal knowledge or experience of Kerry's service in Vietnam and Cambodia. I obviously do not and therefore rely on published information relating to those matters.
    In September 2004, Vice Admiral Ronald A. Route, the Navy Inspector General, completed a review of Kerry's combat medals, initiated at the request of Judicial Watch. In a memo to the Secretary of the Navy, Gordon R. England, Route stated:[80]
    “ Our examination found that existing documentation regarding the Silver Star, Bronze Star and Purple Heart medals indicates the awards approval process was properly followed. In particular, the senior officers who awarded the medals were properly delegated authority to do so. In addition, we found that they correctly followed the procedures in place at the time for approving these awards

Conducting any additional review regarding events that took place over 30 years ago would not be productive. The passage of time would make reconstruction of the facts and circumstances unreliable, and would not allow the information gathered to be considered in the context of the time in which the events took place.

Our review also considered the fact that Senator Kerry's post-active duty activities were public and that military and civilian officials were aware of his actions at the time. For these reasons, I have determined that Senator Kerry's awards were properly approved and will take no further action in this matter.
  • Bill macbeth 2013/02/06 00:55:11 (edited)
    Bill
    +1
    No, just what I have read. I put the particulars in my other posts to you; his family position and wealth, his ambition to run for office, his not too devastating wounds. I did two tours and have a disability which the VA compensates me for. I volunteered to go back to 1) try to keep my brother from going over there (he was enlisting at the time I was there), 2) I didn't want to leave my buddies. I felt I would be deserting them. 3) My best friend was killed in the Tet Offensive of 68 (he was vaporized) and I wanted revenge, and 4) I was burned out in the lifestyle. I got so used to it that going back to the world and not being there was disturbing. I turned out to be true. Because I extended my tour, I was given an administrative (free) 30 day leave. I remember getting home but can remember only a few days of it. I do remember being anxious to get back to Nam, though. After a long flight back, I was on a small but taking us to the terminal and I was talking to a grunt who was back for his 3rd or 4th tour. I looked out of the bus window and said, with a sigh, "Well, home again." He looked at me, dead serious, and said, "You're right' We are home again."
    This is why I distrust Kerry. He has NO "grunt" attitude, NO "grunt" loyalty, he ran when he could have stayed. He WASN'T there to defeat the commies, he WASN'T there to fight for and beside his friends. He was there to get just enough service to launch a political career. That's why I don't like him or trust him.
  • Selkets... Bill 2013/03/01 07:03:55
    Selketskiss
    +1
    I believe what the swift guys said about him...he is a lying coward...
  • Bill Selkets... 2013/03/01 13:12:33
    Bill
    I just don't know how the Kerry and Gore types get away with it. It really saddens me especially since I've known so many grunts that served so honorably.
  • Selkets... Bill 2013/03/01 06:56:49 (edited)
    Selketskiss
    +1
    When one wants to lie freely about far out incredible things they start off with " I was told ", ...this way the imaginary person can never be questioned...about their lying azz.
    +5
    To use a bit of their own pill...."What Difference Does It Make....." What Difference Does it Make
  • Mike Mike 2013/02/04 15:11:04
  • Selkets... Mike 2013/03/01 07:05:20
    Selketskiss
    +1
    exactly..
  • Lord Savage Paulie 2013/02/04 14:22:18
    Lord Savage Paulie
    +4
    Under the Obama administation no choice is good
  • Marek 2013/02/04 07:32:41
    Marek
    +6
    Given Kery's background as volunteer to the service in Vietnam turned war protester and communist sympathizer turned politician and a warmonger, he is definetelay a bad choice. Considering that obama himself is an opportunist is no surprise to me that he would choose Kerry a fellow opportunist.
  • krayzrick Marek 2013/02/04 21:14:56
    krayzrick
    +5
    ''Birds of a feather..."
    kerry and fonda

2014/12/22 18:35:41