Is Jerry Sandusky guilty of molesting boys?

Nameless 2012/06/15 17:10:53
This is NOT a judgment, folks, because none of us - as far as I know - are currently on the jury or the bench of the Jerry Sandusky trial. However, if you have read the trial documents or keeping watch via trial coverage and have an opinion, it would be interesting to see what people have to say since the prosecution is about to rest its case.

Sandusky has his right to his day in court - as guaranteed by the United States Constitution. That being said, the evidence is overwhelming. Even if a couple of those alleged victims are being dishonest, there is no way all of them are. Quite honestly, I believe all of them. Imo, Sandusky should go to state prison for the rest of his life. I know that federal charges may be brought but I hope he never sees the inside of a federal prison because it would be far too cushy for what he deserves.

• Kaimeso 2012/06/15 17:26:07
    Other (please explain)
    Kaimeso
    Not sure, but as the information is released from the testimony of multiple victims it looks like he may be going down. Only problem I have with the headlines is the term molesting, it is such a gentle and kind sounding word. Molesting can mean almost anything, from a fun smack on the butt to horseplay of stretching the testicles.

So how about using something that provides a more accurate description of his supposed activities. Rape seems more accurate, forced oral sex also, forced anal sodomy also comes to mind. All these are very ugly words, but quite descriptive of what he is being accused.
  • Nameless Kaimeso 2012/06/15 19:55:06 (edited)
    Nameless
    As a victim of sexual abuse/assault it is often easier for me to use the word "molest." There is an huge range of actions Sandusky perpetrated and "molestation" covers them all. It is hardly a "gentle and kind sounding word." It is a word that covers a huge range of vile actions vs someone else.
  • Kaimeso Nameless 2012/06/15 20:01:33 (edited)
    Kaimeso
    And as a victim of child rape I get irritated the way the act is diluted in the media. Any act, no matter how inane is included in molestation which only weakens the impact. A young girl has her nipples touched or her bra snapped, hardly equal to having a full size penis shoved up her anus. Same for a boy, being fondled is one thing, the other is something quite different.
  • Nameless Kaimeso 2012/06/15 21:31:44
    Nameless
    I am not going to play semantics with you or play "whose abuse was worst." Abuse/molestation of a child is just that. This isn't a game to spill the details of abuse.

2014/10/01 06:00:16