Is it too easy for a female or a male to cry rape?

mustangluver 2012/06/23 04:13:34
How do they allow a person to claim they were raped years after the incident? There is no physical evidence to support their claim. Anyone with a beef with someone can destroy a persons life in an instant with just words. It is extremely scary. There has been so many innocent men sent to prison. If a girl/women/boy/man is raped, they should immediately tell someone or call 911, while there is evidence. It should be taught in school. I think this is a serious issue.
http://www.harrysnews.com/tgfalselyaccusedofrape.htm

• Denny 2012/06/23 04:32:29
    Yes!
    Denny
    +3
    While in the Army in Germany we had formations where men were accused of rape. The injured party when up and down the ranks of soldiers and picked the one that "did it". I could have just as easily been picked and my life could have been ruined as well as my wife and kids. Plus I don't know that the guy that they hauled away was the one.

• purpleicecreamvan<3 2012/07/01 18:49:51
    No!
    purpleicecreamvan<3
    +1
    it may take years for a rape victim to get over the assault and be brave enough to step forward. that doesn't mean they're lying
  • mustang... purplei... 2012/07/01 20:10:45
    mustangluver
    True but the evidence is gone. There has to be a limitation and if rape victims know it, they will have no choice but to tell.
  • purplei... mustang... 2012/07/02 21:36:24
    purpleicecreamvan<3
    that shouldn't stop them from stepping forward. they should seek justice however they can. if the judge rules not enough evidence then so be it, but it's worth a shot to get some closure on such a traumatic event in your life, and to know that that disgusting criminal will not be able to prey on any more innocent members of the public.
  • mustang... purplei... 2012/07/03 03:11:19
    mustangluver
    If i were on the jury, i would have a hard time with just someone's word. There have been way too many unjustly accused.
  • purplei... mustang... 2012/07/03 18:06:58
    purpleicecreamvan<3
    yeah, me too, but one person stepping forward may encourage many others to step forward. and i would definitely be more willing to accept the word of 5 people claiming to be victims.
  • mustang... purplei... 2012/07/04 19:55:37 (edited)
    mustangluver
    Funny you should say that as many yrs ago a teacher who was really strict was told by a girl that he failed, that she would get him. She got together with about 7 other girls and they told their parents he did some things to them. He was completely innocent but did 25 yrs in prison. I think he was 40 when he went to prison and cried every day and swore to God on his innocence. It of course destroyed his wife and 3 kids lives, one son killed himself by throwing himself off the GWB. The more ppl that come fwd, the more the person looks guilty..no doubt about it. Oh, i forgot the most important part, 2 of the girls said they had lied and about the plot but the judge still kept him in jail.
  • purplei... mustang... 2012/07/04 20:20:11
    purpleicecreamvan<3
    +1
    that's really unfortunate, and those girls are really rather terrible.
    but rape really is a problem and victims should be encouraged to come forward to put a stop to these crimes. i hope you agree with me.
  • mustang... purplei... 2012/07/05 04:12:58
    mustangluver
    I have a lot of friends and family in law enforcement and one is an FBI agent. They said false allegations happens every day. They want revenge and don't think of the brutal consequences of their actions. A dear friend of mine was a detective in the rape unit. After 2 yrs she had to quit because she couldn't put an innocent person in prison.. unless there is some kind of physical proof, there's no way to know if they are telling the truth. She said there is so much more work to a rape case then ppl realize. She said there are way too many innocent men that go to prison for a rape that couldn't be proven. Like i said, girls and women have to know they must tell immediately..not a yr or 10 yrs later.
  • purplei... mustang... 2012/07/05 06:57:51
    purpleicecreamvan<3
    okay, that's great. but rape is a terrible crime so real victims can't be discouraged from coming forward, even if others do so falsely. your anger should be directed towards the pretenders, not everyone that accuses someone of rape, cause i'm certain a good number of them are telling the truth, and deserve the justice they seek. it's better if they come forward while there is still evidence but they may be too traumatised. very difficult situation
  • mustang... purplei... 2012/07/07 23:11:20
    mustangluver
    What i am saying is education is the key to success. A course should be given to teach students they MUST tell while the evidence is present in order to get the guilty party. If i were on a jury where the person is being accused of a rape of many moons ago, i would not convict.
  • mustang... purplei... 2012/07/11 02:45:59
    mustangluver
    I have no anger. I simply think it is much too easy for someone to take revenge on someone. Like i said, if i were on a jury where the person says they were raped many moons ago, i could not convict.
  • purplei... mustang... 2012/07/02 21:38:07
    purpleicecreamvan<3
    it's still worth a shot to seek justice and closure over such a traumatic event in a person's life. if the court judges that there's not enough evidence, then so be it but victims of rape should step forward. this may encourage others to step forward, and 5 victims is definitely more convincing than 1. anything to hope that the disgusting criminal can no longer commit these crimes on innocent members of the public.
  • Koatz 2012/06/24 11:01:23
    Yes!
    Koatz
    +1
    This is an issue that needs to be addressed by our criminal-justice system. The mere allegation of rape causes Ir-reversable harm to the accused. As such, those who file such claims should be held-to-account if their allegations prove false.
  • mustang... Koatz 2012/06/24 14:54:56
    mustangluver
    Yes, it should have been addressed long ago.
  • lm1b2 2012/06/23 13:41:48 (edited)
    lm1b2
    +1
    A majority of States have a statue of limitations do they not?
  • mustang... lm1b2 2012/06/23 16:17:54
    mustangluver
    I don't know. I just can't understand how one can say someone raped them and that's all that is needed.
  • ed 2012/06/23 11:22:09 (edited)
    Yes!
    ed
    +1
    way to easy in some cases
  • mustang... ed 2012/06/23 16:19:35
    mustangluver
    +1
    Yes, and saying someone raped you over 5 yrs ago should not be allowed.
  • ed mustang... 2012/06/23 20:04:12
    ed
    +1
    I agree there should be a time frame of some sort.
  • mustang... ed 2012/06/24 02:19:51
    mustangluver
    +1
    Like when the evidence is still there would be good..LOL
  • peggy 2012/06/23 04:34:42
    peggy
    +2
    How hard does it have to be to be raped. DNA relatively new. I would think if you were raped you would have mentioned it to a loved one at sometime. Not wait 50 years. It is very sad that innocent people are behind bars because of misidentification.
  • mustang... peggy 2012/06/23 16:21:48
    mustangluver
    +2
    Yes, i think it is very disturbing. Seems like when one comes out and says they were raped, a bunch of others will come out as well. There is no way to tell if they're lying.
  • Denny 2012/06/23 04:32:29
    Yes!
    Denny
    +3
  • mustang... Denny 2012/06/23 16:26:07
    mustangluver
    +1
    Yes, if someone has a grudge of some kind, the best way to get back at them is to cry rape. A friend of my husband was dating a girl for about 8 mos. He decided to break it of as she was brutally controlling. She went to the cops and said he raped her. It was horrible. He was able to get the best lawyer so he got off.
  • peggy Denny 2012/07/10 22:16:37
    peggy
    +1
    That's really scared. I tell my son who is a single parent to be careful when my granddaughter has company over you never know who will accuse you of something. It seems like the guys have to prove their innocence. Very sad...it use to be innocent until proven guilty not anymore.
  • Denny peggy 2012/07/10 22:26:25
    Denny
    Worse than that even if you prove it your still a man and capable of the act. Once accused the stigma is never gone.
  • VICTORIA 2012/06/23 04:20:17
    No!
    VICTORIA

2014/04/19 12:04:19