Is it time that we start using our National guard to guard the border?

☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/07/03 18:20:39
Our Border Patrols and ICE agents are walking targets. In some area's they have been told to run and hide from armed intruders crossing the border. Today again we have an ICE agent shot while conducting an investigation.

HARGILL, Texas (AP) - A sheriff says a federal agent shot while conducting surveillance near a rural South Texas town is out of surgery and in stable condition.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/18942035/ice-agent-shot-in...

• mary E 2012/07/08 01:07:35
    Do you agree that is time to protect our borders?
    mary E
    +1
    Certainly it is well past time that we protect our borders. The illegals may not be our main economic problem, but they contribute to it.

But, considering the circumstances the border agents are working under, if I were an agent I would run and hide! LOL
  • ☆stillt... mary E 2012/07/08 01:14:33
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    I am sure that if you had received the proper training and knew that support was close by you would take action. The problem is they are not receiving the training that they nned at this time to protect the border not do they get the support they need.
    Thank You!
  • mary E ☆stillt... 2012/07/08 01:18:26
    mary E
    +1
    I'll just bet the states could do the job if given free reign!
  • ☆stillt... mary E 2012/07/08 01:23:41 (edited)
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    If they had enough trained men to do it. The Federal government would not allow the governor to ever use their National Guard to take care of this and I do not think they have enough swat teams at her disposal. This is what it would take to clean out the areas in Arizona that the cartels have control of.
  • mary E ☆stillt... 2012/07/08 06:45:42
    mary E
    I really expect that Sheriff Joe could come up with some solutions:)

But by free reign, I mean their National Guard, police and citizen volunteers being employed. I even knew people in OK that financed their own trip down to the border to just be "watchers."
  • ☆stillt... mary E 2012/07/08 16:34:54
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    If the federal government would allow them to protect the border I am sure they would get the job done.
  • dominic garcia 2012/07/06 03:21:16
    dominic garcia
    +2
    Obama sent some of our national guard to Egypt a few months ago. I am very suspicious of his actions! We need to protect America, not other nations. Our border patrol agents need more help and Obama is failing in protecting them. They are like sitting ducks.
  • SarcasticB*tch 2012/07/05 13:06:03
    No we should have all are agents run and hide.
    SarcasticB*tch
    +1
    just put up a gawddamn electric fence. ;)
  • rknothead 2012/07/05 12:42:59
    rknothead
    +2
    I think it's a great opportunity to use battle hardened troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan to patrol our borders. And give them orders to return fire if fired upon. You'd be surprised at how quickly our borders will become secured when we shoot back, like nearly every other country does in order to protect themselves and their people.
  • ☆stillt... rknothead 2012/07/05 16:52:07
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    I think that you are correct., I think if they see them crossing the border and you tell them to stop and drop their weapons and they raise them, shoot them. I have seen many video and these guy are carrying their weapon like they have been in the service and ready to fire. I read a report that stated that many of them volunteered for service here just to get the training.
  • Airhead 2012/07/05 04:50:48
    Airhead
    +2
    Everyone who steps foot over our border should be checked up on. We should be protecting our borders from hostile immigrants. All marijuana that comes from other countries should be inspected and approved. All other drugs should be regulated and approved as well. We should end the cartels funding and watch them starve by depleting their resources.
  • mary E Airhead 2012/07/08 01:12:23
    mary E
    +1
    I think with proper training our unemployed American citizens could do many of the jobs connected with your plan. A few more jobs would be appreciated!
  • TuringsChild 2012/07/05 04:26:25
    TuringsChild
    +3
    We have lots of assets all around the world. WHY? When we need them RIGHT HERE!
  • JonDeniro 2012/07/05 04:07:24
    JonDeniro
    +2
    National guard - no.
    U.S. Army - yes.
    Disband ICE in it's entirety.
  • ☆stillt... JonDeniro 2012/07/05 06:00:50
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    U. S. Army is fine with me. If Congress would pass E-verify we could do without ICE.
  • JonDeniro ☆stillt... 2012/07/05 16:04:30
    JonDeniro
    More correctly, I would eliminate the Border Patrol entirely, and restructure ICE into it's proper role.
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2012/07/04 17:54:43
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +2
    They would be protecting US citizens by patroling our boaders !!!!!
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/07/04 11:58:53
  • ☆stillt... Chris -... 2012/07/04 18:33:35
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    We do need some people their that can do the job. There is no reason for it to be unsafe and having a place so bad that the Sheriff will not send even his men into the area.
  • Chris -... ☆stillt... 2012/07/05 11:19:20
  • 9th of 9 2012/07/04 09:52:55
    9th of 9
    +2
    Way past time. This is an invasion! And under those terms it is Constitutionally correct to deploy the guard to our borders.
  • Wolfman 2012/07/04 04:47:07
    Wolfman
    +1
    Keep in mind that crossing the border is a misdemeanor. The military is not a law enforcement agency. The military kills people and blows things up. The border patrol is the agency that protects the border.

The military does not appear to have a direct legislative mandate to protect or patrol the border or to engage in immigration enforcement. Indeed, direct military involvement in law enforcement activities without proper statutory authorization might run afoul of the Posse Comitatus Act.

The military does have, however, general legislative authority that allows it to provide support to Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies (LEAs) in counterdrug and counter-terrorism efforts, and in combating certain border-related immigration and smuggling crimes.19 Military personnel for these operations are drawn from the active and reserve forces of the military and from the National Guard.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/ho...

I say we need more border patrol.
  • ☆stillt... Wolfman 2012/07/04 05:27:58 (edited)
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +2
    There are areas in Arizona were the Border Patrol have been instructed to run and hide. There is 100 sq. miles there were the are warning signs for you not to enter because of the problems in the area. In some areas the Sheriff will not go. 19 men are not going to get the job done.

This is not the first time that they have asked for help.
  • Wolfman ☆stillt... 2012/07/04 06:45:59
    Wolfman
    +1
    I understand that. The instructions suck. They need more men. If you read what I posted you'll see that the NG is the wrong answer.
  • ☆stillt... Wolfman 2012/07/04 07:57:35
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    Posse Comitatus Act is for citizens of the United States and no longer is even in existence under The Patriot Act and NDAA. So is rite of habeas corpus. It is funny that the government tried to extend this rights to people that are not citizen at Guantanamo while taking them away from its citizens. When you have a foreign invader which is what is controlling a large portion of Arizona there is nothing wrong with using the NR to or other armed forces as needed. They can declare an emergency and control our own citizens if they wish. Why do you think so many people want Ron Paul as president even with his wanting to withdraw from the rest of the world. That is my problem with him. MY problem with Romney is he support these act. I have written him and ask that the renounce his support for these acts. So far I have not received a response from him and nor do I think that I will. I know that Romney will make a better President than Obama, but I am afraid that he is going to be another Bush and another puppet on the string. This nation is in big trouble and we need someone that is going to go against the banksters and get rid of the FED. Someone that will go into the banks and find out the truth and prosecute people if it is not already to late for that as many of the re...
    Posse Comitatus Act is for citizens of the United States and no longer is even in existence under The Patriot Act and NDAA. So is rite of habeas corpus. It is funny that the government tried to extend this rights to people that are not citizen at Guantanamo while taking them away from its citizens. When you have a foreign invader which is what is controlling a large portion of Arizona there is nothing wrong with using the NR to or other armed forces as needed. They can declare an emergency and control our own citizens if they wish. Why do you think so many people want Ron Paul as president even with his wanting to withdraw from the rest of the world. That is my problem with him. MY problem with Romney is he support these act. I have written him and ask that the renounce his support for these acts. So far I have not received a response from him and nor do I think that I will. I know that Romney will make a better President than Obama, but I am afraid that he is going to be another Bush and another puppet on the string. This nation is in big trouble and we need someone that is going to go against the banksters and get rid of the FED. Someone that will go into the banks and find out the truth and prosecute people if it is not already to late for that as many of the records I assure you are gone. Bush shafted us by not going into the banks and other financial institution. The money that both Gush and Obama gave to the bank was a drop in the bucket in comparison to the 7.7 trillion dollars that the FED gave them. Has Congress made an effort to sit down Geitner and question him why he printed that amount of money. Has any one asked the President why he allowed Geitner to print such a huge amount. No and it is not going to happen. Has you heard Romney say that he would do that. Has Congress done anything about the fact that Obama has taken them out of the loop for any emergency that he may call and declare Marshall law. This is why I am asking everyone to vote out every incumbent. We are very much in danger as citizens and that very danger is our own government. Has Romney said that he will remove the authority that have been given to the UN. Our very park land are under the UN. Look it up.
  • Wolfman ☆stillt... 2012/07/04 08:05:29
    Wolfman
    +1
    Crossing the border is a misdemeanor. The NG is an army trained to kill people. They are not trained to be a police force or a border patrol. Don't put that on them. Hire more border patrol.
  • 9th of 9 Wolfman 2012/07/04 09:57:23
    9th of 9
    If that is the case, we need to bring our troops home from overseas.
  • Wolfman 9th of 9 2012/07/04 21:30:38
    Wolfman
    Why?
  • 9th of 9 Wolfman 2012/07/05 09:57:41
    9th of 9
    If the troops can't protect our borders, why should they be protecting someone elses?
  • Wolfman 9th of 9 2012/07/05 14:33:02
    Wolfman
    They aren't protecting borders overseas. They are killing insurgents and terrorists.
  • 9th of 9 Wolfman 2012/07/06 00:05:38
    9th of 9
    +1
    Japan, Germany, South Korea? Host of others.
  • Wolfman 9th of 9 2012/07/06 04:10:44
    Wolfman
    You really don't know why we are in those places, do you? It isn't to protect the borders. We gather intel in those places and it gives us a presence in the region.
  • 9th of 9 Wolfman 2012/07/06 11:09:46
    9th of 9
    B.S. We occupy. I spent two years in Germany protecting/guarding the Fulda Gap. Don't tell me we weren't there to protect the border, we were.
  • Wolfman 9th of 9 2012/07/06 15:33:36
    Wolfman
    Germany is our primary intel gathering facility in Europe. Exactly who did you think you were protecting the borders of Germany from?
  • 9th of 9 Wolfman 2012/07/06 20:29:27
    9th of 9
    From Warmongers. Profiteers. Germany is not ours, the US southern border is. At the time the government of East Germany. It was the people who said they have had enough, and their empire fell. Something all "warmongers" should fear.
  • Wolfman 9th of 9 2012/07/06 23:16:02
    Wolfman
    That time is over.
  • 9th of 9 Wolfman 2012/07/07 10:29:32
    9th of 9
    So then, bring the troops home.
  • Wolfman 9th of 9 2012/07/07 13:05:45
    Wolfman
    +1
    It would be stupid to relinquish our forward bases. It isn't to protect the borders. We gather intel in those places and it gives us a presence in the region.
  • 9th of 9 Wolfman 2012/07/07 22:08:20
    9th of 9
    A presence to do what?
  • Wolfman 9th of 9 2012/07/07 23:55:30
    Wolfman
    +1
    Protect our interests.

2014/09/02 04:58:22