Is It OK for Christians to Vote for Mitt Romney?

doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~ 2012/08/09 21:36:03
The following essay was written by James B. Jordan. James is a Christian theologian and author who has thought long and hard on worldview issues from a biblical perspective. While the following article does not answer every question; it does offer a perspective that is not often considered in terms of a biblical theology. — Gary DeMar
From time to time we read on the internet some blogger or other writer that he’s not going to vote for Romney because of this or that reason. Sometimes because he’s a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Sometimes because he’s done X or Y in the past. Sometime because he’s not Ron Paul. Regardless of details, all of these bloggers make one mistake in common: Americanist political perfectionism.
A friend of mine wrote that he has three reasons to vote for Romney. 1. He’s not Obama. 2. He’s not Obama. 3. He’s not Obama. Well, that’s good enough for me, but perhaps there’s more to be said.
A recent blog-essay includes this statement: “Mitt Romney, a man who openly denies the Trinitarian God of the universe, can offer no hope to America’s ailments.” We may ask, so what? Since when do political leaders heal ailments? That’s the Church’s job. What we want from them is peace. But let’s apply the above mentioned blogger’s argument again in terms of some biblical realities:

Turning now to Mitt Romney, such perfectionists need to ask themselves why long-time paleo-conservatives like Ann Coulter and Emmett Tyrrell support Romney and have all along. Or why people who have been theocratic Reconstructionists for longer than some of these guys have been alive — like Jordan, DeMar, and others — are willing to support him now. (I’ve been reading the American Spectator since it was founded in 1967. I became a Reconstructionist in 1972.) Are we fools? Have we no knowledge of Biblical statecraft?
There are reasons. Unlike Gingrich, who talks a better line, Romney is a one-woman man. He has experience in the private sector as a healer of fallen businesses. He’s a grown-up. As governor of the most liberal state in the union, he was willing to try to get as much as he could. He’s a member of a religious sect that was responsible for defeating queer marriage in California. He’s pledged to act conservatively if elected.

But we know what Obama is.
Yet, who cares? Let’s stay home and let the country burn to the ground. Let’s stay home and not vote, trusting like fools that King Jesus will actually honor our manipulations and do a miracle for us. No guys. I don’t think Jesus likes being manipulated.
I’m voting for Romney. I’ll put up a sign for Romney. I hope Romney wins. Why? Because as a Biblical Christian I vote for the person who best provides peace and room for the Church to act and the gospel to go forward. I don’t look to the State for the things only the Church can do. If Romney is moving “right” for “merely pragmatic reasons,” then hurray! So what? Romney will provide more peace and freedom for the Church than will Obama. And from a Biblical standpoint, that is the ONLY thing I ask.

Read more: http://godfatherpolitics.com/6518/is-it-ok-for-christians-to-...

Read More: http://godfatherpolitics.com/6518/is-it-ok-for-chr...

• mach-1 BL-106 2012/08/09 21:48:35
    mach-1  BL-106
    +5
    Yep! We have to.....It is either that, or the evil one takes the country...
    I am not a fan of it ....But I can not ever ever vote for obama.....
    I think we have vote to rid the country from total evil and deal with what comes with Romney.
    I do believe that if Romney does not get elected, We Christians will be perscuted under another obama rein.... mark my words!

• Technotrucker_exposingthetruth 2012/08/10 19:28:23
    Technotrucker_exposingthetruth
    +1
    The evangelical vote in this nation will dump Romney. They have already made it very apparent that they will not support his false religion. Don't like it, don't care. True Christians do care about a man's faith. Live in denial if you will, the man is a fraud.
  • zeldamaster17 2012/08/10 08:07:59
    zeldamaster17
    Religion shouldn't have anything to do with politics. Most of you wouldn't vote for an atheist president even if he kept policies you agreed with...
  • doofieg... zeldama... 2012/08/10 09:21:19
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +1
    How do you know what we would do or not do ? Is he qualified on all the other issues? The nation was once told we wouldn't vote for a Catholic, and look who won! I'm going to surprise the heck out of you, and say we probably would vote for a homosexual if he /she were qualified on all the other issues and kept his/her sexual preferences out of the White House and public view! Conservatives on the whole, are very tolerant people. We just like to keep the government out of our life, and our life in Our control! You can believe that or not!
  • zeldama... doofieg... 2012/08/10 09:26:12
    zeldamaster17
    According to every study you are in the minority on that issue. Most christians would NOT vote for an atheist president.
  • doofieg... zeldama... 2012/08/10 09:39:32
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +1
    Then I call the study incorrect and /or slanted. People I know don't mix their belief with their politics!
  • zeldama... doofieg... 2012/08/10 09:58:50
    zeldamaster17
    People you know. Key words.
  • beachbum zeldama... 2012/08/10 16:03:43
    beachbum
    +1
    I'm with doofie on this.
  • handeman 2012/08/10 02:54:12
    handeman
    +1
    Why not, we are not voting for the pope
  • Benji 2012/08/09 23:49:38
    Benji
    I prefer to not vote for people that believe in a magic fairy in the sky but I guess I have no choice. Both the major candidates believe in this magic fairy but Obama seems to be less pushy with the laws of the magic fairy. I don't trust people who worship the Fairy
    Fairy in sky
  • Merry 2012/08/09 22:32:32
    Merry
    +3
    Many Christians don't hesitate to call Obama a Muslim-Atheist-Antichrist, but there doesn't seem to be any uproar over the guy who believes... anything out of the Book of Mormon, really. It's like Bible fanfiction.

Why are one candidate's religious views relevant, but the other's aren't?
  • Red Merry 2012/08/10 08:15:04 (edited)
  • Javimendo 2012/08/09 22:21:40 (edited)
    Javimendo
    +2
    I'm voting for President of the United States not for President of the DallasTheological Seminary.

Will I vote for Romney a Mormon who loves our country or Obama a Closet Commie-Muslim who pisses on our laws every chance he gets?

I love my country - It's Romney in November.
    Love my country
  • Red Javimendo 2012/08/10 08:15:50
  • Javimendo Red 2012/08/10 18:36:33
    Javimendo
    +1
    What decision?
  • Red Javimendo 2012/08/10 19:44:55
  • Javimendo Red 2012/08/10 20:57:10 (edited)
    Javimendo
    +1
    Ahhhh.... I see where you are coming from. It is not a matter of making God "happy" or "unhappy" - God is secure in His happiness. Read the scriptures - He moves the kings hearts like channels of water - He is always in control.

Question: Do you work for someone who is not a "christian" or a company that does not have "christian values"? Why? I dare say it is because you have a need; a need to make a living and provide for your self.

For me and for millions of others, voting for Romney is to meet a need; the need this country has to replace a lying progressive/commie/marxist that has put our beloved country into a planned tailspin of destruction.

Frankly - it's a no brainer.
  • Red Javimendo 2012/08/10 21:09:36
  • Javimendo Red 2012/08/10 21:26:53
    Javimendo
    +2
    "...my life is to precious to waste any more of it on you. Peace."
    Red, have you prayed about it? I didn't think so.

The language you use in your response makes me suspect you are a closet Obama lover; trying to use some silly "hyper-spiritual cover" to promote acceptance of Barack Insane Obumbler.

I would say "good try" if it wasn't so obvious.
    obama closet
  • doofieg... Red 2012/08/10 21:02:24
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +2
    But, love, you can't vote for Odimwit! He is a Muslim , and you know that in your soul! Isn't it better to vote for someone who loves America, and not Islam? No , Romney is Not perfect -------- but he's Not Odimwit!
  • Red doofieg... 2012/08/10 21:12:02
  • doofieg... Red 2012/08/10 23:14:50
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +1
    I really hate that, love. This attitude will hand the country back to the most evil one
  • Red doofieg... 2012/08/11 01:06:26
  • doofieg... Red 2012/08/11 08:18:08 (edited)
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +1
    I can't just not vote, love. It seems wrong to me. IF we can take both houses, Mitt can be controlled.
  • Red doofieg... 2012/08/11 08:25:56
  • doofieg... Red 2012/08/11 08:32:19
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +1
    You know I love you, my friend.
  • Red doofieg... 2012/08/11 17:13:57
  • mach-1 BL-106 2012/08/09 21:48:35
    mach-1  BL-106
    +5
  • Red mach-1 ... 2012/08/10 08:16:32
  • mach-1 ... Red 2012/08/11 02:22:53
    mach-1  BL-106
    +2
    And where does it say that? I stand with God on issues not man!
    I suppose your a progressive ....Red? sounds like it.
    Beside it is personal....and least you judge Oh inspired one! LOL
  • Red mach-1 ... 2012/08/11 02:31:17
  • mach-1 ... Red 2012/08/12 01:53:00 (edited)
    mach-1  BL-106
    +1
    well, then you should know that God uses all people according to his plan.
    Romney may not be a Christian but God can still use him. And now we have a Christian joining the ranks with Ryan....So that is a real blessing...
  • Red mach-1 ... 2012/08/12 03:01:56
  • mach-1 ... Red 2012/08/16 00:30:06
    mach-1  BL-106
    +1
    Did God not use nebuchadnezzar? Read the entire Bible ..... and God does not live in a Box! With prayer all things are possible.....
    You must be a obama supporter and you ,like all obama supporters use situations to fit your desires, so I have no need to carry on a conversation with a closed mind sheep! UGH!
  • Red mach-1 ... 2012/08/16 05:13:58 (edited)
  • doofieg... mach-1 ... 2012/08/11 08:16:07
  • beachbum 2012/08/09 21:39:49
    beachbum
    +1
    Yes - my relationship with God has nothing to do with my political belief.
  • Red beachbum 2012/08/10 08:17:03
  • beachbum Red 2012/08/10 11:47:54
    beachbum
    +1
    Sorry, you are totally wrong on that.
  • Red beachbum 2012/08/10 14:11:21
  • beachbum Red 2012/08/10 14:36:37
    beachbum
    +1
    Why, exactly do you think my relationship, which you know nothing about, is shallow and rocky?

2014/09/02 01:59:28