Is it more American to Water Board or Kill people with a drone attack?

KCurtis 2012/06/05 00:20:48
drone
A Picture is worth a 1000 words.
hypo

• Chi~Cat 2012/06/05 01:34:46
    Water Boarding got us Osama
    Chi~Cat
    +21
    Waterboarding is nothing compared to what those American haters would do to US. Example #1:

obama dictater

• Uranos7 Rick 2012/06/12 02:29:46
    Uranos7
    +1
    That one would be Al Queda one man could not have done it or planned it alone, much like Obama did not kill OBL the seal team did with information acquired from Bush's captured terrorist. [ dead terrorist tell no tails]
  • Teri- Oregon 2012/06/05 05:47:26
    No Drone Strike is the way to go, blindly bombing innocents and murdering Ame...
    Teri- Oregon
    +5
    I'm being sarcastic! I vote freedom and liberty!
  • Uranos7 2012/06/05 05:39:48
    Water Boarding got us Osama
    Uranos7
    +5
    Waterboarding although cruel, the victim survives.
    Drone strikes kill the terrorist their neighbors and their hostages.

‘You cannot call me lucky’ – drones injure over 1,100
    CIA Drone Strikes in Pakistan 2004 – 2012

Total US strikes: 327
    Obama strikes: 275
    Total reported killed: 2,464-3,145
    Civilians reported killed: 482-830
    Children reported killed: 175
    Total reported injured: 1,181-1,294

US Covert Action in Yemen 2002 – 2012

Total confirmed US operations (all): 44-54
    Total confirmed US drone strikes: 31-41
    Possible additional US operations: 87-96
    Possible additional US drone strikes: 49-55
    Total reported killed (all): 317-826
    Total civilians killed (all): 58-138
    Children killed (all): 24

US Covert Action in Somalia 2007 – 2012

Total US strikes: 10-21
    Total US drone strikes: 3-9
    Total reported killed: 58-169
    Civilians reported killed: 11-57
    Children reported killed: 1-3
  • Nestofa... Uranos7 2012/06/05 12:00:16
    Nestofasssps
    and how many people did carpet bombing baghdad and numerous other cities all over iraq and afghanistan kill???? be consistant , PLEASE
    or not.
  • KCurtis Nestofa... 2012/06/05 23:39:40
    KCurtis
    Less than the 500 deaths per day of Iraqi citizens killed by Sadam Hussien.
  • Uranos7 Nestofa... 2012/06/06 03:59:59
    Uranos7
    Less than the genocide of Saddam Hussein and war with a country is different that killng the hostages held by terrorist to kill the terrorist.
  • Josh Ro... Uranos7 2012/06/05 23:48:29
    Josh Robinson
    +2
    I bet those figures are the envy of the future tolls. 30,000 new drones are expected in a few years.
  • KCurtis Josh Ro... 2012/06/06 00:33:07
    KCurtis
    +1
    I'm afraid that is spot on.
  • Uranos7 Josh Ro... 2012/06/06 04:00:57
    Uranos7
    To be deployed in the USA as well.
  • OneOfTheAmericanPeople 2012/06/05 05:22:51
    Water Boarding got us Osama
    OneOfTheAmericanPeople
    +5
    And those C@cK $u€KERS are still alive and would see a fair trail, I truly believe if Obama The Terror didn't smoke these guys with his pathetic drones the CIA and FBI would find out that Mr Barack Obama is behind all of these Terrorist Plots, and Genecide!!!!
  • Chokmah 2012/06/05 05:03:16
    Chokmah
    +1
    The concept of “Total War” – war involving not just the military but all civilians irrespective of age or sex, together with the entire infrastructure of a country – became a horrible reality during the 20th century, driven for the most part by steering scientific discoveries and technological progress towards unlimited use in warfare.Total War is very much alive today and is being spearheaded by the United States and its Allies.

This is being abetted on all fronts by US, European and global mainstream media that willingly oblige.In the case of Obama’s Total War Doctrine, the media go along with US official policy, and describe the murder of innocent people who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when American democracy-building drone bombs fall, as “militant combatants”.

You see, Total War requires intense and constant psychological warfare to convince public opinion – both at home and abroad – that “our boys” fighting “to spread peace and democracy”, always do the “the right thing” by killing “the right people” who threaten America, Europe, Israel and the rest of the West; in other words, by only killing “militant terrorist combatants”.

That’s the way Orwellian Newspeak has described US-led wars since 1945 – whether fought by the US alone, or togethe...

That’s the way Orwellian Newspeak has described US-led wars since 1945 – whether fought by the US alone, or together with allies like Britain, EU countries and Israel, or by puppet proxies.The list is very long: Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Dominican Republic, Palestine, Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Iran, Africa, South America, Cambodia, Laos, Cuba, El Salvador, Falklands, Nicaragua, Grenada, Serbia…The death-toll runs into the tens of millions and has kept rising and rising.
  • BoJay 2012/06/05 04:56:48
    Water Boarding got us Osama
    BoJay
    +6
    Water Board the Shaik Water Board the Shaik
    You can't get info from a dead bastard!
  • AL BoJay 2012/06/05 08:08:00 (edited)
    AL
    +3
    LOL! Water boarding doesn't kill you!It just makes you think you're going to die instead!
  • BoJay AL 2012/06/05 15:50:00
    BoJay
    +1
    "LOL" Tell the libs that!
  • teigan 2012/06/05 04:51:41
    Water Boarding got us Osama
    teigan
    +7
    Of course liberals will not admit that.
  • stormy rae 2012/06/05 03:24:23 (edited)
    stormy rae
    +7
    Its okay, I will assign my czar, and the birthers will shut up, they will forget about my citizen status, because now they will be scared to leave their homes, and I know just how to pass it, I'LL WRITE IT IN AN EXECUTIVE ORDER, AMERICANS ARE JUST STUPID, THEY FOLLOW ME SO BLINDLY, AND CONGRESS WONT STOP ME, SO I"LL REWRITE IT IN THE CONSTITUTION, TELL AMERICANS ITS ALWAYS BEEN THERE, and I'LL GET ON A PLANE OUT OF THE COUNTRY ON IMPORTANT BUSINESS

constitution toilet paper

congress ill rewrite constitution americans ill plane country important business
  • exhon2009 stormy rae 2012/06/05 04:17:44
    exhon2009
    +7
    The dog pic is truly funny. Now if we could just train him to eat himself after soiling the constitution.
  • Dave 2012/06/05 03:03:45
    Water Boarding got us Osama
    Dave
    +2
    In war, there is always collateral damage. It's sad, but war isn't pretty and it isn't clean. They started it on 9/11 (and if you're a "truther" shut up before you start). I never thought Obama had the stones to go after bin Laden, but he has turned out to be a real "Chicken Hawk" --- but in kind of a good way when it's terrorists that are getting a chance on a daily basis to meet Allah. In this area he has actually almost been presidential, something he lacks in every other arena.
  • exhon2009 2012/06/05 02:27:01
    Water Boarding got us Osama
    exhon2009
    +3
    Frankly I support drone attacks that killed people like Awlaki. I support waterboarding. I might change my mind about that support though if the prez gave me a sneak peek at his "Kill List".
  • stormy rae exhon2009 2012/06/05 03:35:53
  • exhon2009 stormy rae 2012/06/05 03:59:10
    exhon2009
    +1
    Is THAT Obama's kill list?
  • stormy rae exhon2009 2012/06/05 07:16:15 (edited)
    stormy rae
    +1
    not entirely, he has only rewritten it not killed it, but everyone that blurts out i want my rights according to senator lindsey graham shut up you dont have any rights, rp pic is the answer to stopping obamas madness
  • Josh Ro... exhon2009 2012/06/05 04:02:44
    Josh Robinson
    +3
    There's a 17 yearold girl on it... and he has already killed a teenaged boy overseas for terrorist ties.
  • exhon2009 Josh Ro... 2012/06/05 04:15:08
    exhon2009
    +3
    How do you know this? I thought the list was secret.
  • Josh Ro... exhon2009 2012/06/05 04:47:02 (edited)
    Josh Robinson
    +2
    This is 2 links. These people are being murdered by us... it isn't some weird formality these are REAL people in homes with families. http://www.democracynow.org/2... http://www.infowars.com/17-ye...
  • exhon2009 Josh Ro... 2012/06/05 06:05:43
    exhon2009
    +2
    I was perfectly okay with Awlaki going up in a puff of smoke even though he was an American citizen. The same is true of Gadahn and I hope they get him soon. However, Awlaki and Gadahn have pretty much condemned themselves to death on the world stage with their actions.

Having said that I can't stomach the idea of one person answerable to no one deciding to pull the trigger with zero accountability before or after the deed.
  • Josh Ro... exhon2009 2012/06/05 11:36:21
    Josh Robinson
    +1
    Your last sentence describes a god...
  • exhon2009 Josh Ro... 2012/06/05 17:58:08
    exhon2009
    +1
    I capitalize my God. Not sure which god is responsible for this but they got my Amen:

UPDATE:

Abu Yahya Al-Libi, considered a 'rock star' in the jihadist world, is killed in a US drone strike in Pakistan, as officials say it will be hard for Al Qaeda to replace one of its most experienced and versatile leaders.

Excerpt from today's media. Just goes to show not all drone strikes are bad things. Al Libi was number 2 and still is number 2, (something he would wipe with his left hand), in my opinion.
  • "Abe" 2012/06/05 02:07:06
    Water Boarding got us Osama
    "Abe"
    +8
    This POTUS is "out of control". IMHO~!!

obama out of control
  • Josh Robinson 2012/06/05 01:47:44
    Water Boarding got us Osama
    Josh Robinson
    +4
    Ron Paul is the most American way to resolve things. War=Failure.... Obama has been at failure his whole term. He involved our military in 3 new failures besides Iraq. The Failure On Drugs is a major blight on the American way of life... Freedom.
  • KCurtis Josh Ro... 2012/06/05 02:13:36
  • Josh Ro... KCurtis 2012/06/05 02:44:23
    Josh Robinson
    +1
    If Ron Paul is unelectable freedom isn't a value of this country any longer. It is such a shame the freedom experiment could end soon. Will we all be in chains no... but we will lose the ability to fight against govt and win. Not that this would matter to good people... until the rulers decide that your demographic is no longer a good thing and you now have no power to fight them. What if in 3 or 4 years they tax you for being fat.... and there is nothing you can do about it but lose weight..? They are in our bedroom, our bodies, our minds and coming soon our dinner plates. Have you heard the scuttlebutt about NY banning softdrinks over 16ozs to control fatties...? It's coming lady... just you wait.
  • KCurtis Josh Ro... 2012/06/05 23:42:16
    KCurtis
    Yea and that means we have to get the liberal progressives out you won't do it with a 2 time loser.
  • exhon2009 KCurtis 2012/06/06 04:21:00
    exhon2009
    They have new drugs for that you know.
    Water Boarding got us Osama
    +7
    Dead men give no intel.
  • KCurtis Temlako... 2012/06/05 01:37:42
    KCurtis
    +6
    So true in 5 years we will be feeling that.
  • exhon2009 KCurtis 2012/06/05 02:34:18
    exhon2009
    +1
    The wilds of Yemen are no place to be plopping our people in hoping for a live extraction. Not when the whole stinking fetid country isn't worth the life of one American soldier. I thoroughly detest Obama in nearly every way but I kind of like the idea of bad guys not being able to move about freely for fear that an unexpected "package" is about to show up.

On a different note what intel could we have gotten from the man who's name rhymes with Obama? We'd already risked American lives plopping them into a country even more hostile than Yemen. I think Osama would have squealed like a stuck pig at the mere site of a pair of nail clippers. Probably would have rolled up Zawahiri and others too. Then you put a double tap in him and swear he tried to escape.
  • exhon2009 Temlako... 2012/06/05 17:59:07
    exhon2009
    +1
    No intel to be garnered here either. Although I would argue that it took SOME intel to accomplish this:

UPDATE:

• SK-pro impeachment 2012/06/05 01:36:20
    Water Boarding got us Osama
    SK-pro impeachment
    +10
    With waterboarding, at least those sand monkeys got a bath once in a while.
  • gocar SK-pro ... 2012/06/05 04:12:03
    gocar
    +1
    SAND MONKEYS???? I think that qualifies like using the N word. Nasty and hateful. Where would you learn such low class stuff. The is a trend to dehuminize who you want to kill. The Nazi were Krauts. The Japanese were Nips and the Vietnam were called Gooks. Does it make it easy to kill people if you can convince yourself they are no human beings?

2014/11/26 10:10:22