Is it finally time to turn 50 States into 50 Countries??

Space Invader 2012/06/06 19:27:19
The time has come for all 50 states to become sovereign countries as in the new Russia; as the breakaway states have become countries of their own?

Each state would have their own sovereign Constitution; Own President and own borders...and have a centralized board like the EU to monitor the new countries

No more all encompassing corrupt government to rule over the states; no more corruption of taxpayers monies..

Set up a retirement and health system for the 50 individual countries; and have each "country" to have their own economies.

50 small Presidents; over 1 corrupt system.

I think it's time....

• Robert 2012/11/15 23:01:44
    No it's not
    Robert
    I can not believe my eyes are actually seeing this. In doing so, I think about all those millions of people that have given their life for this country. And how they must be rolling over in their graves (so to speak). They fought and gave their all for us, as a whole. And now to even consider this is like spitting in their face. Not to mention for those that are believers in God. Does the Bible not say that a house divided can not stand? I mean really.
  • mrdog 2012/06/07 08:35:16
    mrdog
    Time for the feds to step back and downsize.... let the states do their job...

Bark
  • Jericho 2012/06/07 01:07:31
    No it's not
    Jericho
    A. You are destroying the only Document that has been a refuge for this nation for over 200 years. Keeps balance between State and Federal(when applied), and the only thing protecting your individual rights.

B. Any type of Cessession would constitute anyone imposing martial law who could, including a Dictator in the former American Armed Forces with enough charisma. Hello Fascism!

C. Economic Collapse far outweighs the financial do over that Separating allows. Even the narrow lens by which you are viewing this as a benefit economically, is not without fault.

D. Even if everyone were civilized about it, unlike the last violent break. We would be vulture food for powerful nations like Russia and China, who already are buying land here from coming in and making us the new Middle East/3rd World from the early to mid 20th Century and adding this once great land to their Empire.

Instead of Separation, I would advise us politically, and economically, to go back to policy from the beginning of our Country that lasted well through the turn of the 20th Century. To be truly radical--to go back to what works. No Central Bank. A system of checks and balances between state and federal as well as between the Branches of State and Federal that do not give too much power to the Federal...

Instead of Separation, I would advise us politically, and economically, to go back to policy from the beginning of our Country that lasted well through the turn of the 20th Century. To be truly radical--to go back to what works. No Central Bank. A system of checks and balances between state and federal as well as between the Branches of State and Federal that do not give too much power to the Federal Government or to one branch of federal/state government. Put the debt where the debt belongs, on the Federal Reserve Private Central Bank and their 20 Private Owners(G20). Separate the Government from the Cancer and bankrupt the Cancer. Finally, to truly go back to the principles of the Constitution and only interpret it from that perspective instead of allowing liberal and progressive interpretations that often make the very words of the Document Null and Void.
  • gocar 2012/06/06 23:45:41
    Yes it is
    gocar
    +1
    The states all fight against each other for jobs, industry, federal money. I don't know about 50 different countries but it would appear that the whole center of the country is Bible Belt and conservative. The coasts are more progressive and advance with less religious leaning. and the Southwest needs to go back to the Spanish Speaking people who were there first. Texas excluded because they are a breed on their own.
  • Waldorf 2012/06/06 21:28:50
    Yes it is
    Waldorf
    +1
    Well, not exactly. Regional areas with much in common can encompass a number of contiguous States. Those States with the same basic gripes against the federal government could well stick together.

My own pet theory is that major cities should become their own States, the sooner the better. The reason is that the urban culture and its politics are typically so different than flyover country in the same State.
  • S and S Waldorf 2012/06/06 23:00:05
  • gookoy 2012/06/06 19:53:54
    NEVER!
    gookoy
    No. Im not gonna allow you to bring back jim crow laws and slavery like u did last time!
  • Space I... gookoy 2012/06/06 20:06:10
    Space Invader
    +2
    I am so sorry for you..that was the statement of someone trying to input racism in a simple question......ridiculous..
  • JMCC 2012/06/06 19:45:59
    JMCC
    Not sure that our European model is such a good one to template off ;)

Especially as some our now wondering if the solution to the crises mighr be a Federated States of Europe (which the UK would refuse to join).

Ultimately I suspect that a solution to the global financial crisis would have to be found first...
  • Space I... JMCC 2012/06/06 19:49:49
    Space Invader
    +1
    oh; one thing.......our currency is no longer available to foreign countries overseas..we don't need them....we would self-sufficient enough as a country(s) to take care of our own.....I say let the bloody beggars generate their own currency....we no longer need to be tied to ANY global markets....it is not self sustaining..and the 50 countries are..What do they really have that we need? Think about for awhile before answering; what of theirs do we really NEED?
  • JMCC Space I... 2012/06/06 20:04:01 (edited)
    JMCC
    Excellent!

How would sir like to settlie the check ? ;)
  • Space I... JMCC 2012/06/06 20:08:06
    Space Invader
    +1
    we cancel out all debt.....we are 50 independent countries; not the United States of America; since the 1 large country is dissolved and become 50 smaller ones; the only responsibility is the former capital Washington DC, and the people who created it...I say open Alcatraz again; might be enough room for the crooks..
  • gocar Space I... 2012/06/06 23:47:43
    gocar
    Sir, the global economy is here whether you like it or not. Nothing is going to change that.
  • Space I... gocar 2012/06/07 02:45:18
    Space Invader
    +1
    you my dear are mistaken; nothing is permanent; unless of course you'd like to go down in flames with it...
  • Pedro Doller ~Inc. 2012/06/06 19:45:12
    No it's not
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +1
    Sort Of

All 50 State secede and then re-form a New Federal Government. Re-establish the Constitution and then form a new government. Washington DC would not be allowed and would remain as the existing United States. They would be responsible for all that debt and would be stuck with the Federal reserve, the IRS, NAFTA etc. The New government would take over the military. All treaties, laws etc would need to be written from scratch. The New Capitol would be in Kansas City. All existing Federal Lands would revert to the respective State.
  • Space I... Pedro D... 2012/06/06 19:45:53
    Space Invader
    +2
    Good start!!
  • Striker 2012/06/06 19:43:41
    Yes it is
    Striker
    +2
    That time has been here for years and years.
    Now some states tinker with nullification, a very few bring up secession, and meanwhile the crap just gets deeper and deeper.

Somehow something's gotta give! My thoughts on ReStart here:
    http://no-ruler.net/new-const...
    That's not intended to be complete, but simply to get your minds back to work.
  • Space Invader 2012/06/06 19:40:16
    Yes it is
    Space Invader
    +1
    The sooner the better; break away from an all powerful and corrupt system that allow a small fraction of the population to rule over it....
    Better control over monies and the books.
    Each new country with open books; where all people would be provided a chance to make it...no more China trash; no more foreign trash; with guarded borders, and no illegal aliens....a passport to enter each country; with "gentleman's rules" concerning import-export of good between the 50 countries....where all would have equal opportunity to prosper in the Continent-The New America

Oh yes; two simple rules....drug dealers are executed; and no mercy for sex offenses;especially against children......

No more "Robed Idiots" to define what is and isn't proper for the 50 states....

The time has come..at 18; mandatory service in the "Country's" military....
    It is time...

No more Federal Reserve. all taxes for the Countries are taken out for purchases, and wages at the time received.

No more Welfare for the lazy bums; they will either have gainful employment or starve. the disabled; that "truly" are disabled; will be monitored and taken care of as before..with a yearly check-up to decide disability status for the coming year..

The time is now.....

No unions to divide the countries; no more Mob corr...

It is time...

The time is now.....

No unions to divide the countries; no more Mob corruption; as the citizenry will be on active or inactive service(like Israel); corruption found would be stopped...because the smaller the population per country; the easier it is to monitor said people(s)..

Yes; I do believe it is time....
  • ..::loc... Space I... 2012/06/06 19:42:28 (edited)
    ..::localeye::..
    "No more Welfare for the lazy bums; they will either have gainful employment or starve. the disabled; that "truly" are disabled; will be monitored and taken care of as before..with a yearly check-up to decide disability status for the coming year."

This would wipe out most of the south. You would have to run and hide from your fellow TN that want to steal your TN money.
  • gocar ..::loc... 2012/06/06 23:50:56
    gocar
    The last time a government let them starve in enough numbers there was such a an awful revolution with heads rolling.
  • Striker Space I... 2012/06/06 19:47:50
    Striker
    +1
    some okay, some as bad as what we have.
    The thing to really watch out for, tho, is our new "Federal States" adopting the same stupidity and Force as FedGov has already thrust upon America.
  • Superman Space I... 2012/06/06 20:30:35
    Superman
    +1
    So you want to destroy liberty by making movement between 'countries' difficult and complicated while also mandating military service.

Forgetting for a moment that cost of goods will skyrocket as shipping between 'countries' will include more beuracracy and cost. Not to mention that 50 independent small militaries will never be nearly as strong as the current United States military.

And all of your suggestions imply the assumption that all 40 'countries' will behave exactly alike. If that were the case we could go to one nation without states now.

Maybe, maybe one state goes to draconian mandated military service AND a national sales tax AND Union busting measures. But do you really think a nation of California or New York does that? No.

At the end of the day the reason to stay as a unique nation of 50 unified states is simple on the ground floor - security. Again, our current national military is stronger than the potential 50 independent armies would be. We'd certainly hand China the world leader ball, and if they were provoked into invading (and defaulting on our current debt to them by disbanding America may be a factor) establishing a beachhead in California or Oregon would be so much easier and that makes it easier to move into stronger 'countries' once you're knocking on a border.

This is an absurd concept.
  • Waldorf Superman 2012/06/06 21:33:27
    Waldorf
    We could have our own NATO (North American Treaty Organization) for joint military interests such as coastlines and air space. It would obviously be good to maintain at least allied relations.
  • Superman Waldorf 2012/06/06 21:59:27
    Superman
    And still that wouldn't be as strong as one military force.
  • Waldorf Superman 2012/06/06 22:31:30
    Waldorf
    Does it matter? How do you know? What would we do with a large force if not engaged in foreign military adventures?
  • Superman Waldorf 2012/06/07 01:12:43
    Superman
    As long as other nations have large forces and modern weapons we'll need ours as a deterent to actual conflict. We don't need to have our forces actively engaged at all. Just existing and prepared.

I get the implication, that having a military lends politicians to use it more often than not. I don't agree.
  • gocar Space I... 2012/06/06 23:48:50
    gocar
    Me thinks thou has over simplified.
  • ..::localeye::.. 2012/06/06 19:35:55
    No it's not
    ..::localeye::..
    sounds dumb.
  • Space I... ..::loc... 2012/06/06 19:41:08
    Space Invader
    +2
    that is the very best you have; duh; sounds dumb..what are you;9?
  • ..::loc... Space I... 2012/06/06 19:43:17 (edited)
    ..::localeye::..
    The topic is not really worth more then that.
  • Space I... ..::loc... 2012/06/06 19:44:59
    Space Invader
    +1
    than STFU and go away
  • Striker Space I... 2012/06/06 19:49:19
    Striker
    +2
    probably still in kindergarten.

2014/12/23 03:42:51