Is it ever right to respond to RWNJ's?

hippycat 2012/12/12 14:23:31
We liberals are often stunned by the ignorance of RWNJs'. After all, no one can seriously believe that Obama is a Muslim terrorist, that it is okay for a woman to get shot because she shop-lifted, that healthcare is an evil socialist invention or that Europe is run by communists. No one in their right mind would think so, would they?

So what do I do? I respond, partly because I simply can't believe that anyone can be so clueless and partly because I live in the hope that I can put some sense into their generally thick heads...(yes, and because it's fun, let's be honest).

However, every time I do that, I give them more of an opportunity to spread their message of ignorance and hate...

PS: I don't want to insult republican voters. There a quite a few who are very reasonable and a pleasure to talk to. Sadly, on SH they are the minority.

• macbeth 2012/12/12 14:35:33
    macbeth
    +13
    After a while you can tell pretty much which posters are not worth responding to.
    The birthers, the hate mongers, Obama bashers etc.
    The poor things still can't get over their electoral defeat and now don't know which way to turn.

• ¤Creepy Lumberjack¤ >-QC-< 2013/03/05 06:47:39 (edited)
  • SW 2013/02/01 20:38:29
    I hate cons so much, I need to tell them what I think.
    SW
    I try to not let obvious and easily debunked lies go unpunished. I'm not going to convince the liars... they're already completely brainwashed by talk radio and Fox News... but maybe just maybe I can keep them from convincing other people who are on the fence.... because sometimes their arguments sound good at first... until you think about them at all.
  • E. Norma Stits 2012/12/17 15:28:33
    other
    E. Norma Stits
    I have never known a right winger to be a nut job.
  • hippycat E. Norm... 2012/12/17 16:18:48
    hippycat
    +1
    I believe you, you are one yourself. had a look at your profile. 'people on welfare should be made to clean toilets' qualifies you.
    thanks for sharing.
  • E. Norm... hippycat 2012/12/17 16:48:09
    E. Norma Stits
    Toilets need to be cleaned by someone so why not people getting paid to do nothing?
  • hippycat E. Norm... 2012/12/17 17:36:46
    hippycat
    +1
    because if you're on welfare, you're on welfare. if you need a cleaner, hire someone and pay him/her accordingly.
  • E. Norm... hippycat 2012/12/17 22:38:15
    E. Norma Stits
    Poeple on welare are already being paid accordingly for doing nothing when they could be cleaning toilets.
  • hippycat E. Norm... 2012/12/18 13:27:35
    hippycat
    +1
    why don't you just go back to your tea-party? you're talking slave labour. quite fitting, really.
  • E. Norm... hippycat 2012/12/18 16:03:54
    E. Norma Stits
    Slaves never got paid...
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... E. Norm... 2012/12/28 17:08:47 (edited)
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +1
    They get fed & housed, if not, they revolt or die.

"Poverty is the worst form of slavery" – Mohandas Ghandi

Also, it sounds like you're too cheap to hire an illegal to clean your washroom, so s/he's on welfare instead.

"If You're not Part of the Solution,
    You're Part of the PROBLEM"
  • hippycat ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/12/28 17:22:41
    hippycat
    +1
    well put. you won't get very far with her though... as far as I am concerned, if someone does a job, they should get paid. if they are paid properly, they aren't on welfare. easy, really.
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... hippycat 2012/12/28 18:58:33 (edited)
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +1
    Contending with RWNJ (beware their relatives; RWNJ - Right-Wing
    Jesus-Nuts, I mean… REAL testicles) is giving me quite a study in mal-adapted psychology. Would like to help as a peer-support counselor for Psychiatric Survivor, Autistic & Trans-Gendered Rights. Personal experience in all 3, there's plenty of overlap.

If the American Psychiatric Association monitored the traffic here, I think plenty of them would be hauled away to padded cells.
  • hippycat ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/12/28 19:09:25
    hippycat
    +1
    you got that one right ;)
    I think the worst are the RRWNJ's (religious right-wing nut jobs). they can't stop preaching....
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... hippycat 2012/12/28 20:39:50
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +1
    "A FANATIC is someone who can't change his mind or change the subject" – attributed to Sir Winston Churchill

Would be nice if Womyn called the shots for a change,
    had enough of the chimpmazee "Old Boy's" phallus worshiping.
  • hippycat ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/12/28 23:14:59
    hippycat
    +2
    LOL! as, yes but think Maggie Thatcher! she was more 'old biy' than the old boys ;)
  • JMCC hippycat 2013/02/01 20:44:02
    JMCC
    Not to mention Sarah Palin...

Wipe off the lipstick and all is left is the pitbull LOL
  • Lynnea1 2012/12/16 14:30:45
    other
    Lynnea1
    +1
    RWNJ---does that stand for Right-Wing Nut Jobs? If so, the question is not worth justifying with an answer. Anyone who believes that a Conservative=RWNJ, as it sounds like that is the case here, already has closed their mind to any other reasoning already, dont waste your cyber-breath. BTW, I am an Independent. Depending on the issue, I can fall toward either party line. However, Ive never felt such hatred and wrath as I have when Ive been on the side of the conservative.
  • hippycat Lynnea1 2012/12/16 14:45:30
    hippycat
    have a look at the 'Obama cries' thread!
    anyhow, thanks for posting - I said: PS: I don't want to insult republican voters. There a quite a few who are very reasonable and a pleasure to talk to. Sadly, on SH they are the minority. (copied that from the top of my thread)
  • Lynnea1 hippycat 2013/01/05 03:00:57
    Lynnea1
    I agree...It's sad how little dignity and humanity most people refuse to have these days. I make a conscious effort to debate or discuss the issue and not sink to the level of so many others in their name calling, etc., and I dont take it when they start on me. If everyone would just refrain from name-calling, we as Americans might show Washington how we expect them to act as a Congress.
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Lynnea1 2012/12/28 20:43:40
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    People are apt to generalize, would be nice if Moderates had the helm rather than the extremists.
  • jcadla 2012/12/15 20:26:06
    other
    jcadla
    +2
    I wasn't even going to comment on this but after reading your ridiculous rant, decided to put in my 2 cents worth.
    Obama's father was a Muslim, ergo, Obama is a Muslim. (their words, not mine)

Obama is not a terrorist? But he can watch as Americans in Benghazi get raped and murdered and refuse help,-even as they are begging for help...
    'duh'...What is a terrorist again?
    The rest of your rant doesn't make enough sense to say much about.
    Oh, to show your ignorance, (hypocrisy)
    "...PS: I don't want to insult republican voters..."
    Of course you do...you just did it. You need to 'Honest up.'
  • hippycat jcadla 2012/12/15 21:32:11
    hippycat
    thanks for your posting although your thought aren't even worth 2 cents. believe me, the only cons who support nutters like you are here on SH. lol cats rwnj
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... jcadla 2012/12/28 17:13:25
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +1
    another name for a terrorist: PATRIOT, you got plenty of those.
  • hippycat ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/12/28 17:24:47
    hippycat
    +1
    LOL! brilliant. 'patriotism is the last refuge a scoundrel seeks' Bob Dylan wrote this in one of his songs - although he wasn't the first to say it.
    lots of 'patriotic warriors' here....
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... hippycat 2012/12/28 19:05:20
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +1
    More like Don Quixotes on Viagra masquerading as Byronic Heroes on Absinthe.
  • TerryAgee 2012/12/14 17:28:23
    other
    TerryAgee
    Both groups are a barrel of monkeys. barrel of monkeys images
  • Billy the kid 2012/12/14 14:31:35
    other
    Billy the kid
    One could also ask-with equal justification:
    "Is it ever right to to respond to LWNJ's???"
  • hippycat Billy t... 2012/12/14 15:00:10
    hippycat
    +1
    well, haven't heard of liberal spouting out nonsense like 'gay marriage is immoral/Obama is a Muslim terrorist/climate change does not exist/etc
    thanks for dropping in!
  • Billy t... hippycat 2012/12/14 18:00:01
    Billy the kid
    But they certainly DO spout PLENTY of nonsense, that's for sure.
    Thanks for your "kind" reply...!
  • Sissy 2012/12/14 12:05:27
    You got me thinking - maybe we should not give them more space to spread igno...
    Sissy
    +2
    There are those who spew from the Right with the only goal to bait and hopefully get you kicked off. When you are confronted with personal insults, hate and ignorance because they have no substance or civility in their comments except to attack, (and we all know who most of them are), they should be ignored and passed by. Sometimes I can even do that.
  • hippycat Sissy 2012/12/14 12:44:55
    hippycat
    +2
    Thank you, Sissy! Did they ever kick cons out? I mean there are some who are outright racists - what do they have to do to get kicked off?
  • Sissy hippycat 2012/12/14 13:25:32
    Sissy
    +2
    At the bottom of the page here, there are "optons" from everything from "help" to reporting "abuse". You take a shot of the link you want them to look at, explain why you're reporting it and let them deal with it, The bar is set higher for the Left as it seems to take an awful lot to make them take down an offensive thread posted by the Right, but we do it anyway.
  • hippycat Sissy 2012/12/14 13:35:27
    hippycat
    +1
    I have reported hateful/racist comments. really nasty stuff - it stayed. must be 2 entirely different scales.
  • katywon 2012/12/14 04:59:53
    other
    katywon
    +3
    Sad but True. If a post challenges you then respond no matter what.
  • hippycat katywon 2012/12/14 11:31:24
    hippycat
    +2
    Hi, Katie, thanks for joining! even if it's just a litany of insults?
  • katywon hippycat 2012/12/14 20:03:20
    katywon
    +1
    In that case ignore them. Ignorance is bliss as far as the negative poster is concerned. It's either unrestrained anger and hostility. or stupidity.
    Responding to an angry unreasonable person is a mistake. To them any response is positive. It means it got a rise out of you. (not speaking personally its just a fact)
  • hippycat katywon 2012/12/14 20:13:40
    hippycat
    +1
    I come more and more to the same conclusion ;)!
  • katywon hippycat 2012/12/14 20:18:45
    katywon
    +1
    I had one teen-ager who was mailing me very negative stuff. I finally wrote back once and told her, "Go away Child-grow up". she stopped.
  • hippycat katywon 2012/12/14 20:22:09
    hippycat
    +1
    maybe she waited for someone to finally say it....there are so many teens who just spit fire against all and sundry.....I did the same when I was a teen but at least I had a clear idea who 'my enemy' was.
  • katywon hippycat 2012/12/14 21:03:46
    katywon
    +1
    As a teen my best friend and I used to call our favorite drama teacher who was married and when he aswered we hung up. Only once or twice but we were embarrassed because he probably knew who it was. Nothing was ever said.

2014/12/18 12:33:56