Is it better to vote for integrity, for who is most likely to win the nomination, or something else?

Revolution 2012 2012/06/19 21:26:31
I see integrity as most important in a President
I would rather vote for who is most likely to win the nomination
I choose not to vote Republican, and I support Obama
None of the Above (Please Specify)
We've all seen the persistent "Anyone but Obama" rhetoric flying around SH from Romney supporters, the Hope and Change fanaticism of Obama backers and the die-hard dedication of Ron Paul supporters to the cause of Liberty. We are also familiar with the platforms and stances of both Ron Paul, Romney, and Obama on various issues, as well as the shortcomings of each individual candidate. That being said, is it better to vote on integrity (in this case, most probably Ron Paul), for who is most likely to win the nomination (in this case, most probably Romney), or something else?

Feel free to add your opinions and please try to remain respectful of differing opinions and viewpoints. Have fun commenting!

- Revolution 2012

• Tinka123 2012/06/19 22:31:33
    Tinka123
    +5
    I think the way to go is simply voting for the person that best represents your principles, whoever that may be. For me, that's Ron Paul. People are setting themselves up for disappointment by "voting against" someone rather than 'for' their principles. The two party machine has been bamboozling folks with that game since before I was born.

Insanity IS doing the same thing over and over with the expectation of different results.

• nverumind 2012/06/21 21:43:46
    nverumind
    I think voting for someone that has the same concerns as you do, should be what gets them your vote.
  • DefendnProtect 2012/06/21 14:47:44
    DefendnProtect
    integrity wins

Integrity leads to trust, which is necessary for business and the economy.

Wallstreet and Washington corruption lead to debasing of currency and evaporating wealth in local communities.
  • Wake The Sheeple 2012/06/20 15:09:58
    Wake The Sheeple
    +2
    Integrity, otherwise why bother to vote if your candidate will flip on all of their stances like so many have before them as soon as they were elected.
  • Dr. John 2012/06/20 09:54:47
    Dr. John
    +2
    Without integrity you have nothing. I have seen a lot of candidates in my 65 years. I have seen NONE with as much Integrity, Love of Country and belief in We The People as Ron Paul.
  • Rebel [SHP] 2012/06/20 05:36:09
    Rebel [SHP]
  • bags the Indigenous Guru 2012/06/20 00:22:09
    None of the Above (Please Specify)
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +1
    Vote for the candidate that you think can do the best job....doesn't matter what you think his/her chances are. If integrity is the single prime issue...then vote for the man you feel has the most integrity. I intelligence, than vote for the brightest one. Don't let others stampede you into voting 'against' someone and seeing this as JUST a 2 party situation. We can even write people in. If everyone did that, then maybe things WOULD change.
  • Waldorf 2012/06/19 23:42:47
    None of the Above (Please Specify)
    Waldorf
    There is no vote for who is "likely to win the nomination", unless you mean vote in a poll. The exception, kind of, would be the remaining primary.

If Romney wins the nomination, then Ron Paul advocates would need to give it up and close ranks with Romney supporters. Otherwise, they will just be RINO libertarians doing more harm than good. Their sense of integrity can become a suicide pact.
  • Tinka123 2012/06/19 22:31:33
    Tinka123
    +5

2014/07/29 04:36:55