Is Inauguration Day a Proud Day for America?

It's Inauguration Day, which means Barack Obama is once again sworn in as the President of the United States of America. President Obama was sworn in for his second term on Sunday in a ceremony that was low-key for such a big day--and a small, private one. President Obama will be publicly sworn in on Monday, complete with a major ceremony/parade.

The public ceremony for the only African-American President in U.S. history ironically takes place on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, dedicated to the late, legendary civil rights leader, who fought for equality. That's a big deal not just for the President, but for the country too. It's not all celebration and joy for President Obama and his administration though. The Obama administration will certainly have its hands full in coming weeks and some would argue it already does.

With the recent shooting rampages, the Obama Administration is under a ton of pressure to pass stricter gun laws. There is also warfare in Iraq and Afghanistan still going on, as well as serious national debt to deal with. No matter what side of the political fence anyone is on, Inauguration Day and the days that follow signal that business is about to pickup in the White House.

Read More: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/20/us-usa-i...

• Susan 2013/01/20 21:50:40
    Susan
    +55
    Generally speaking it should be a glorious day for our country but with a man as divisive and so "hell bent" on changing the country to fit his ideolgies, I have to say no. I have never seen a president who has divided a nation more than this guy in such a short amt of time. He is supposed to represent ALL Americans but he has made it apparent in his first term that is definitely NOT the case.

• PeaceDog 2013/05/03 16:27:39
    PeaceDog
    Not when we are inaugurating a fraud. Not when the people are so stupid that they picked a communist. Not when the idiot stands up there and screws up the oath and laughs about it.
  • Alacrity 2013/02/16 06:00:38
    Alacrity
    I salute Obama
  • CKarliner 2013/02/09 22:38:13
    CKarliner
    Until he learns what it means to be American, this is a very tragic day in the country of America. I pray he learns, and learns quickly one cannot stomp on the blood of soldiers that have upheld the constitution. He either tears the constitution millions have died to uphold and becomes the enemy of all America stands for and has stood for or he dishonors all America is. His choice. He has not even given God His due honor. He has much to learn in servile humbleness before he can lead we the people.
  • CoinOperatedJoy 2013/02/07 19:10:02
    CoinOperatedJoy
    It was a very proud day for America. :o)
  • maryam 2013/02/07 08:06:00
    maryam
    it should be a proud day for nationals regardless of country
  • Moodybloo70 2013/02/06 12:37:04
    Moodybloo70
    Especially the last 2.
  • jere.chievres 2013/02/04 23:03:35
    jere.chievres
    Not this year!
  • T. James H 2013/01/29 23:41:43
  • Martyr4Christ 2013/01/28 14:40:05
    Martyr4Christ
    +1
    It would be if we did get to vote in our Presidents, but our votes are taken only to give us the illusion of choice. In reality, Presidents are selected before they are candidates.
    fdr
    vote
  • illinoyed Martyr4... 2013/01/30 21:14:27
    illinoyed
    Presidents are selected by their party and elected by the people. So what?
  • Martyr4... illinoyed 2013/02/05 22:22:36
    Martyr4Christ
    "...elected by the people"........who are "the people" you are referring to? If you mean the handful of ultra-wealthy that consider themselves elite, you are correct. If you mean the American public you are in for a rude awakening.
    bush pre
  • illinoyed Martyr4... 2013/02/06 07:03:07
    illinoyed
    That's how it worked in the last election, we the people won. The monied interests who threw hundreds of millions into the campaign got zero for their investment. Yes, the will of the people won over the elite few.
  • memebev1 2013/01/26 13:31:50
    memebev1
    +2
    A so called president that was sworn in that is a communist, gay, doesn't know the meaning of our constitution and has our country bankrupt. It goes on and on, we will find out very soon what the vote for Obama will do for our Country. Scary to say the least.
  • illinoyed memebev1 2013/01/30 21:14:57
    illinoyed
    LOL! You'd be scary if you weren't so funny!
  • Heat Nation 2013/01/24 15:56:33
    Heat Nation
    +1
    20 years from now will we be talking about Obama's inauguration. Of course not.
  • illinoyed Heat Na... 2013/02/06 07:05:20
    illinoyed
    The insanity from the RWNJs who threw every conspiracy theory they could make up at Obama and STILL lost election will go down in history. We'll be talking about that 20 years from now. The way the Republican Party lost because they embraced the fringe.
  • John Horse 2013/01/24 05:37:28
    John Horse
    +1
    Excuse me,but WHO gives a damn about this An-alphabetic cretin obfuscater.I sure as hell don't.He or it is NOTHING to me and I could care LESS.Call me a racist,I could care less about that too.
  • masondog1 2013/01/24 02:31:17
    masondog1
    +2
    People are suffering due to Hurricane Sandy, high unemployment, loss of homes and etc. and this is not the time for government waste. I am also in favor of taking away or reducing retirement for congress (Senate and the House) for 1-2 term congressman. Also in favor of ridding all czars that the president has....That is what cabinet members are for. We need a smaller government and for the feds to reduce spending.
  • george wells 2013/01/24 01:04:29
  • John Horse george ... 2013/01/24 05:43:51
    John Horse
    +2
    I don't have ANY family members that has intermarried with a negro,That is lower then the bottom of the barrel.If they did they would be disowned by the family,or for sure by me.
  • george ... John Horse 2013/01/24 17:47:37
  • Atrocalypse 2013/01/23 20:20:14
    Atrocalypse
    +1
    I thought he did a good job. According to politifact.com, President Obama has made and kept more promises than he's broken them. The majority is only blaming President Obama because of problems they can handle on their own. He takes jobs away, but makes room for new ones. If one job is to be sacrificed, another is born.
  • John Horse Atrocal... 2013/01/24 05:46:07
    John Horse
    +1
    Your an IDIOT that has had way to much cool aid.
  • illinoyed John Horse 2013/01/24 08:02:45
    illinoyed
    +1
    Says the racist. No one cares what someone like you thinks about anything.
  • Mo 2013/01/23 18:21:51
    Mo
    +2
    Not this time.
  • PoliticusMol 2013/01/23 17:49:39
    PoliticusMol
    +3
    Yes! a proud day for America as many in many other countries they don't get a chance to vote or the vote means nothing.
  • Martyr4... Politic... 2013/01/25 23:57:54
    Martyr4Christ
    +2
    Seriously? You think our votes matter? They don't. Our Presidents are chosen before they even campaign. Re-examine EVERYTHING you've been taught in History, everything you have watched on the news and mainstream media, and everything you believe about politics. 99% of it was lies. 1% is half-truth. All of it is staged.
    fdr truth
  • lynn 2013/01/23 17:25:11
    lynn
    +1
    Not this one.
  • mingo 2013/01/23 16:01:42
    mingo
    +1
    Yes he is an excellent speaker
  • Brother Bo mingo 2013/01/23 21:36:03
    Brother Bo
    +3
    So was Hitler. He inspired the masses before enslaving them.
  • mingo Brother Bo 2013/01/23 22:25:55
    mingo
    +1
    Are you serious there is no comparison to him and Hitler.
  • Brother Bo mingo 2013/01/23 22:55:43
    Brother Bo
    +3
    Who Am I?

I was born in one country, raised in another.
    My father was born in another country.

I was not his only child.

He fathered several children with numerous women.

I became very close to my mother, as my father showed no interest in me.

My mother died at an early age from cancer.

Although my father deserted me and my mother raised me, I later wrote a book idolizing my father not my mother.

Later in life, questions arose over my real name.

My birth records were sketchy.

No one was able to produce a legitimate, reliable birth certificate.

I grew up practicing one faith but converted to Christianity, as it was widely accepted in my new country, but I practiced non-traditional beliefs and didn’t follow Christianity, except in the public eye under scrutiny.

I worked and lived among lower-class people as a young adult, disguising myself as someone who really cared about them.

That was before I decided it was time to get serious about my life and embarked on a new career.

I wrote a book about my struggles growing up.

It was clear to those who read my memoirs, that I had difficulties accepting that my father abandoned me as a child.

I became active in local politics in my 30′s then, with help behind the scenes, I literally burst onto the scene as a candidate For national office in my 40s.

They ...

Who Am I?

My father was born in another country.

I was not his only child.

My birth records were sketchy.

They said I had a golden tongue and could talk anyone into anything.

I had a virtually non-existent resume, little work history, and no experience in leading a single organization.

Yet I was a powerful speaker and citizens were drawn to me, as though I were a magnet and they were small roofing tacks.

I drew incredibly large crowds during my public appearances.

This bolstered my ego.

At first, my political campaign focused on my country’s foreign policy…

I was very critical of my country in the last war, and seized every opportunity to bash my country.

But what launched my rise to national prominence were my views on the country’s economy.

I pretended to have a really good plan on how we could do better, and every poor person would be fed and housed for free.

I knew which group was responsible for getting us into this mess.

It was the free market, banks and corporations.

I decided to start making citizens hate them and, if they became envious of others who did well, the plan was clinched tight.

I called mine “A People’s Campaign”.

That sounded good to all people.

I was the surprise candidate because I emerged from outside the traditional path of politics and was able to gain widespread popular support.

I knew that, if I merely offered the people “hope”, together we could “change” our country and the world.

So, I started to make my speeches sound like they were on behalf of the downtrodden, poor, ignorant to include “persecuted Minorities”.

My true views were not widely known and I kept them unknown, until after I became my nation’s leader.

I had to carefully guard reality, as anybody could have easily found out what I really believed, if they had simply read my writings and examined those people associated with. I’m glad they didn’t.

Then I became the most powerful man in the world.

And then world learned the truth.

Who am I?

ADOLPH HITLER

If you were thinking of SOMEONE ELSE, you should be scared, very scared!
  • illinoyed Brother Bo 2013/01/24 08:04:19
    illinoyed
    +1
    Oh give this sh*t a freaking rest! It's beyond old. No one cares. Obama was re-elected, it didn't work.
  • Brother Bo illinoyed 2013/01/24 16:40:01
    Brother Bo
    +4
    I was responding to a question from Mingo who said there was no comparison between Obama and Hitler. I was showing that there are Many similarities.
  • illinoyed Brother Bo 2013/01/28 07:25:27
    illinoyed
    Yes, Hitler drank water, Obama drinks water. Hitler wore shoes, Obama wears shoes. There are many similarities.
  • Brother Bo illinoyed 2013/01/29 23:15:52 (edited)
    Brother Bo
    +1
    "Yes, Hitler drank water, Obama drinks water." and you drank the Koolaid. I realize libs like to ignore truth and create your own realities. but the comparisons are there, the fascist comparisons.
    PS: conservatives are called "right" for a reason...
  • illinoyed Brother Bo 2013/01/30 05:57:19 (edited)
    illinoyed
    The same comparisons can be made to every Republican president as well. this is just a parlor game.
  • Brother Bo illinoyed 2013/01/30 18:37:29
    Brother Bo
    +1
    Sorry, but you are delusional. Show me a republican president that parallels Hitler like your demigod, Obama does
  • illinoyed Brother Bo 2013/01/30 21:20:56 (edited)
    illinoyed
    Most recently: George Bush. He was very Marxist, he expanded big government with his Medicare prescription plan and No Child Left Behind. NCLB was the epitome of big government control, having the federal government dictate to neighborhood schools what their standards should be, taking away the state and local control. NCLB was astoundingly Marxist, and yet the Republicans went merrily along with it. Obama gave the states waivers to make it null and void. For fascism, try the Patriot Act. Another Bush admin assault on our freedom.

George Bush's administration had many similarities to Marx and Hitler.

Like I said, a parlor game. Only nut jobs take it seriously. And Obama's 60 percent approval rating reflects that.
  • mingo Brother Bo 2013/01/24 21:23:10
    mingo
    +1
    You watching too much hannity

2014/08/22 08:00:00