Is Halliburton and Koch Industries behind the Egypt Uprising ?

Breaking News 2011/02/06 17:46:13

First a little history: Halliburton Oil with the help of former VP and CEO Dick Cheney made billions off the no bid contracts they were handed by Bush and many experts have now concluded that the Iraq war was started to gain control of the Iraq oil fields.

Koch Industries that has direct ties to Halliburton through mutual interests also made a lot of money off the Iraq war and continues to make money off Iraq and Aghanistan wars with its military contracts. That's right- Koch Industries makes money off wars by providing military supplies and weapons materials to the US and foreign contracts.

Both Halliburton and Koch oil are heavily vested in Egypt oil contracts and are making tons of money from the Egypt protests and would make even more from a war in that area:

"For much of the world, the recent unrest in Egypt and Tunisia raised the usual concerns about political instability in the Middle East and higher prices at the gas pump.

But for large corporations that make a living in the oil industry, the upheaval was good for business.

Many of these corporations were doing well enough even before massive demonstrations hit Tunisia and Egypt. When tensions in the region escalated, causing a spike in crude oil prices, most oil-related stocks spiked as well.

One of those stocks, Halliburton (HAL), rose 16% over a seven-session period from Jan. 26 through Thursday. Shares hit a 2 1/2-year high.

Halliburton, based in Houston, provides products and services to the energy industry for the exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas. It operates in two segments: Completion and Production,and Drilling and Evaluation.

Crude Prices

The rise in crude prices likely contributed to Halliburton's recent stock uptick. So did the company's strong position in non-Middle East regions, which figure to see a rise in value if tensions continue to escalate in Egypt and elsewhere."

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/562120/20110...

Koch Industries owns Dupont subsidiary

http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8147/8147notw3.html

DuPont was also awarded a three-year $1.4 million contract by DSCP to build and maintain a buffer stock of Nomex® fiber, which is used to manufacture flame resistant coveralls for U.S. warfighters. The program applies lean manufacturing principles that will help reduce both lead times and DSCP's working capital.

http://www2.dupont.com/Nomex/en_US/uses_apps/flame_resistant_...

CORDURA is the brand name for a collection of fabrics used in a wide array of products including luggage, backpacks, boots, military wear and performance apparel. A registered trademark of INVISTA (A wholly-owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc.), the fabric was originally developed by DuPont in 1929. CORDURA fabrics are made using yarns or fibers from INVISTA. Fabrics can be made using 100% synthetic fibre or in blends with cotton or othernatural fibers. Nilit® Ltd. is the sole licensee for Cordura Apparel applications in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.

-------------------------------------------------------------...

So both Halliburton and Koch Industries are benefiting greatly from the unrest in Egypt and an all out war in that area would benefit them even more.

Now consider that Cheney has just recently asked Obama to go easy on Mubarak calling him a "friend".

Add to that Rand Paul who's campaign was financed by Koch industries has been all over the media calling for an end to foreign aid to Egypt and other countries.

These two companies have the most to gain from a war in Egypt that could escalate to a war across Arabia and Cheney and Rand Paul are trying to spark that war by calling for Mubarak to stay in power and removing foreign aid to the Egyptian people and military.

Your thoughts ?

• BluEyes... Breakin... 2011/02/08 19:00:48
    BluEyes4Two
    +3
    You don't have anything
  • JT For ... ☆The Ro... 2011/02/06 19:29:13
    JT For Political Reform
    +14
    Hey Rock! Breaking wind's normal line is facts evidence blah blah blah and putting down Glenn Beck etc., but he has no evidence of anything, just argumentative attitude towards anyone that does not agree with him/her/it. He just blathers on like a liberal sock puppet that loves George Soros.
  • Breakin... JT For ... 2011/02/06 21:14:42
    Breaking News
    +2
    You and the church lady can take a flying leap because I have no time for tiny minded trolls!
  • FairLady JT For ... 2011/02/06 21:28:14 (edited)
    FairLady
    +13
    Hey JT, don't most liberals do like @Breaking does - they like to attack and assault without any evidence to back them?

@Breaking is a typical blind narrow-minded liberal, no more, no less. LOL
  • CaseyMays JT For ... 2011/02/07 13:58:49
    CaseyMays
    +2
    Another shallow Hal.
  • AngelaTC ☆The Ro... 2011/02/06 23:51:13
    AngelaTC
    +3
    I'd like to see the links, Rock! We're friends. I have been too busy to dig up details.
  • BlueMax372 Breakin... 2011/02/06 22:44:05
    BlueMax372
    +6
    Have you checked out Arutz Sheva and DebkaFile? Even the UK Guardian is ahead of YOUR so-called sources! I don't listen to Beck because he's usually at least three days behind the info I get. Eat your heart out.
  • scblues... Breakin... 2011/02/07 17:35:13
    scbluesman13
    +1
    Oh, it's the rock making that comment. We're all shocked, shocked I tell you!!!
    He's the haterade vendor here on SH.
  • SunShine Breakin... 2011/02/11 18:13:24
    SunShine
    +2
    Beck does not involve himself in BS .. he educates and gives proof.. and links so you can PROVE to yourself that what he says is true.. but then progressives don't know truth and facts if it hit them between the eyes
  • The Ele... ☆The Ro... 2011/02/06 18:18:02
    The Electrician
    +1
    The MSM doesn't carry any of this, because the'd be shut down. The RW is too busy with conspirisy theories to look up any facts.
  • ☆The Ro... The Ele... 2011/02/06 18:21:50
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +19
    You would not know facts if they bit you on the A$$ so please! The Bible plainly says ther would be revolutions in the last days! it talks about the birth pangs increasing in the last days! Read Matthew 24 and Luke 21 instead of reading LWNJ sites and believing their propoganda
  • The Ele... ☆The Ro... 2011/02/06 18:29:12
    The Electrician
    +1
    Did you assume the "The Rock" because of the content of your head. What does the Bible have to do with anything ? Research some facts, not Mythology.
  • ☆The Ro... The Ele... 2011/02/06 18:41:03
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +16
    Mythology? have you even read the Bible? Read Matthew 24 and Luke 21 and watch the news, then compare how they are similiar! Then turn over to Ezekial 38 and guess, what? it talks about Israel and Iran! Oh, yea, mythology? Please!! Get you head out of the sand and wake up! Gosh, I know you are spiritually dead but are your brain dead too?

• The Ele... ☆The Ro... 2011/02/06 18:50:27
    The Electrician
    +2
    It's Mythology, childish and primitive. Conscience, intelligent people don't put any creditability in those writings.
  • ☆The Ro... The Ele... 2011/02/06 18:57:48 (edited)
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +17
    LMAO!! Dude my God answers prayers!! I have have prayed and got my last 2 jobs, I seen a church get miracously payed off $ 184,000! God has blessed me with money and I have given away a lot of money! I have seen miracles, sign & wonders, healing so don't feed me your $hit! BTW, I am not into stupid religion, my God knows I have faults but he still blesses me..I have supernatural peace and joy during the toughest of times! Sorry he has done nothing for you! You must have faith so don't tell me my God is not real! Stay in your delusion dude! You are not intelligent or educated, just indoctrinated with LWNJ propoganda!! LMAO
  • The Ele... ☆The Ro... 2011/02/06 19:07:41
    The Electrician
    You still sound like a child, I live by the Laws of Nature and Nature's God. That's the only God that is recognized in the Declaration of Independence
  • ☆The Ro... The Ele... 2011/02/06 19:12:24
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +14
    Dude, you live in delusions and lies! All mouth and no substance! You can not refute a damn things I said or answer my questions! Remain in darkness and ignorance then! It is your choice! God is not going to make you a robot! You are a free moral agent and have a free will! Believe what you want but you are wrong! The bottom line is that I can not help the brainwashed and those that are indoctrinated by Leftist propoganda! Think for yourself rather then just being a sheeple! LMAO
  • The Ele... ☆The Ro... 2011/02/06 19:24:28
    The Electrician
    Check my Profile, you're not even in my class. Only mentally challanged people, "laugh their ass off" as much as you do.
  • ☆The Ro... The Ele... 2011/02/06 19:29:57
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +12
    LMAO!! Dude where did you get your indoctrination? I don't want it! I have held my own with the most infamous liberals on here! None of you LWNJ's have answered my questions! I have owned you leftist loons for over 2 year! All bark and no bite, all mouth and no substance! Just keep spewing,ehh! Sorry, there is no hope for the clueless, brainwashed and the indoctrinated! Here is you a nice video!

bite mouth substance spewingehh hope clueless brainwashed indoctrinated video sheeple bite mouth substance spewingehh hope clueless brainwashed indoctrinated video sheeple

• CaseyMays ☆The Ro... 2011/02/07 14:05:46
    CaseyMays
    Indoctrinated freak. Google "indoctrination freak" and look at what comes up. You're just another faithful follower of Fox News, that's it dude.

freak google indoctrination freak faithful follower fox news dude indoctrination freak
  • ☆The Ro... The Ele... 2011/02/06 19:30:50
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +9
    challanged? LOL! You mean challenged?
  • Jack Sprat ☆The Ro... 2011/02/06 19:50:19
    Jack Sprat
    +5
    That's what the left refers to "special people" you know like "mentally challenged", "spacially challenged", "mobility challenged", "intelligence challenged", or "morally challenged".
  • ☆The Ro... Jack Sprat 2011/02/06 19:52:40
  • JT For ... The Ele... 2011/02/06 19:36:39
    JT For Political Reform
    +7
    You have no class. class you have no class
  • SunShine The Ele... 2011/02/12 06:20:37
    SunShine
    +1
    doesn't it get dark down there between your legs? come up for some fresh air once in a while..
  • CaseyMays ☆The Ro... 2011/02/07 14:01:55
    CaseyMays
    Your GOD? I wish to Hell he'd make you permanently speak in tongues.

Freak.
  • Jack Sprat The Ele... 2011/02/06 19:47:50
    Jack Sprat
    +3
    You mean like the climategate farce?

climategate farce global warming scam
  • Sheila The Ele... 2011/02/08 18:03:01
    Sheila
    +3
    And then they go to hell for it.....gee sounds great man!!
  • ☆The Ro... The Ele... 2011/02/06 18:42:51
  • Jack Sprat ☆The Ro... 2011/02/06 19:51:55
    Jack Sprat
    +5
    Rock he gets all his "knowledge" force fed from the Alphabet channels anally and people like aL Gore and George Soros are "prophets".

peace and be well.
  • CaseyMays ☆The Ro... 2011/02/07 13:49:55
    CaseyMays
    Oh God, you spread more crap than a loose monkey. It must get old copying and pasting every time you answer these questions freak. Your God based fears outweigh your God based faith, typical RWFJ punk.
  • RhinoRT ☆The Ro... 2011/02/08 18:56:14
  • SunShine ☆The Ro... 2011/02/11 18:11:42
    SunShine
    +3
    I cannot believe how these progressives try to always take your interest to a subject far removed from what we are talking about.. as tho we were children needing to be led by the nose. I kid you not.. my MOM never told me..
  • MQ-Amer... SunShine 2011/02/12 01:29:22
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +3
    MOM does not always know what's best!
  • SunShine MQ-Amer... 2011/02/12 02:11:34
    SunShine
    +1
    I think that is a certainty.. certainty Mom is evil

2014/08/02 00:28:22