Is Earth Hell?

TheRevo 2009/02/11 07:03:18
I think this...
I think that...
Let's leave aside the arguments about the existence of Heaven and Hell, God and Satan for a minute. I'm not religious, but a religious person could as easily make this cultural observation. Virtually every religion with a belief in reward and punishment zones in the afterlife places Heaven far above Earth, and Hell deep within it. That says that the quintessential human idea of suffering is to stay near this world, and the quintessential idea of reward is escape from it. Is this cultures across the globe and across time way of saying that this world sucks and we should want to leave it? Is it universal or nearly universal human nature to resent this world?

• incognito 2009/12/14 12:22:16
    I think this...
    incognito
    +4
    Earth is Hell. Even if people say you choose your outcome, or your in control of your destiny, or something of the rather, it doesn't matter because terrible things happen everyday. We have the choice to change it and to and resolve certain problems, but we don't. One Example: a little over a billion people in the world are starving and about 15 million children die each year of starvation, yet there are over 700 billionaires in the world and there are over 2.5 million millionaires. This earth is materialistic in that, no matter how good we may think we are, we are not that good, and will never be that humble. We are living in hell, a domain ruled by lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, envy, pride, and wrath.

• ben 2012/11/22 01:25:29
    I think that...
    ben
    OK whoever thinks that hell is a world of burning and fire that is all a lie hell is earth! there is suffering everyday! and i will not say more i there because so many good points have already been said about that! but the reason that hell isn't a burning world is because that image has been planted in our minds by religion and religion was made to control us! now I'm not saying i hate religion or god i believe god very much so but religion is there to control us! i just do believe we are on hell! and this is a stage in our life that we must live through!
  • Eric Star ben 2012/11/23 03:20:51
    Eric Star
    +9
    I would agree I mean when you stop to think about it earth is its own prison in which you cant escape if you leave you die for one there's no air on other planets. me my belief is spiritual not religious also reincarnation I mean what is Deja Vu to got a step futher for those who are religious the bible says you will burn in the lake of fire to me you cant take it literally but more as an expression to be burnt means you repeat being stuck here going through life never knowing the true reason for being here in the first place but not only that you have to deal with all the hardships which come with living such as disappointment and death
  • stichen97 2012/09/19 14:21:41
    I think that...
    stichen97
    I`m kind of religious but belive I in the Big bang after my opinion earth is hell. like the univers is hell in its own dimension. If like u die in the "Real world" you get reborn here or in heaven thats my theory!! And sorry my English it`s not so good.
  • kendog100 2012/08/18 14:55:24
    I think that...
    kendog100
    +1
    Earth is a burning inferno of hate and a beautiful sunrise that is what makes it a living hell. You can't feel intense pain unless you have felt emphoria. And you can't opt out through suicide because your soul has to have graduated to a state of peacefulness and forgiveness before you go the next level. Unfortunately I'll be back.
  • ben kendog100 2012/11/22 01:29:56
    ben
    +11
    yes this is so right!
  • eligiob... kendog100 2013/01/27 01:00:45
    eligiobishop
    +1
    Wow that's exactly how I feel... The bible say we were born into iniquity...the word iniquity means 1. lack of justice or righteousness; wickedness; injustice... If that's not hell what is? The bible says that Jesus went through hell to get to heaven meaning came to this earth .... That why on the cross he yelled up to god WHY HAS THOU FORSAKEN ME!!! Our soul must be cleansed from the hate in this dimension. Like you said there's no escaping this hell but forgiveness and love. If you look at people who have near death experiences they alway talk about that light that pulls them Into love( heaven) this is hell .... We are in hell we were born into iniquity(hell) out souls were cast here ... We are all fallen angels that are being punished ....
  • firepitlover 2011/11/03 18:53:20
    I think that...
    firepitlover
    I would be highly disappointed to get to heaven and find out that Earth was hell all along. I think my daughter's father deserves worse...
  • GodsProxy 2011/05/08 18:04:40
    I think that...
    GodsProxy
    +1
    Yes earth is hell and satan is in charge. Here is the proof: http://unbelievableexistence....
  • Craig 2011/03/23 23:31:32
    I think this...
    Craig
    Earth is neither hell or heaven - it is beyond good & evil. It just is. The recent Tsunami in Japan (or whatever new disaster has happened) isn't some punishment against the Japanese people, it is simply tectonic plates shifting - That's life! It is sad sometimes, but equally as joyous and happy at others. Think of the happiness in life – discovery, friendship, imagination, love, science_math, first kiss, eating chocolate, being a teenager, finding the love of our lives, children, family, wisdom of growing old, etc. etc. Hinduism is the closest religion to believing this is hell, and we will continue to be reincarnated until we achieve 'nirvana', and escape 'this mortal coil'. If so, I guess I am ok with forever being reincarnated, I am having a pretty good life this time around... <;) ONE LAST THING - If anyone is reading this as something more than just 'philisophical ruminating'; then there is a good chance you are 'clinically depressed', and please seek psychiatric help. A chemical imbalance can and should be corrected (Tom Cruise is a dumbass, don't let him win <;), Basically, what do you have to loose? (I have been through it, and promise there is happiness and normalcy on the other side! Promise!)
  • mia 2011/03/18 03:13:58
    I think that...
    mia
    Earth is hell. Osiris is the green god of the underworld. St. Patricks Day. Hmm. Santa red suit.Satan. Kabbalah states assaih world which is malkuth. Lowest of the worlds. Get real all religions and holidays have a mystery behind them. Look around at all the symbols used. Love Lady Gaga's suit.She really makes statement about the crucifed female messiah. No rest day or night. Awake then dreaming. Sounds like no rest. Egypt is where Vatican gets there ideas. Look at what the Pope is carried on. Christmas=Christ Mass love the drinking of blood. Got to love that menstrual blood. Gee the black box worn on Jews heads look like the black cube in Mecca. Wonder what sort of things the black box contains on their foreheads. Hmm, let me think. Avatar sounds almost like the name used for god. Oh, I thought only the secret societies knew the truth about life. The disasters are only the beginning of the things to come. I guess if they are so smart they will know what's going to happen next. Next time you have a black box don't forget to kiss the yoni.
  • Craig mia 2011/03/23 23:29:58
    Craig
    +1
  • ~xXOkennellieXx~ 2010/12/18 23:54:12
    I think that...
    ~xXOkennellieXx~
    ...Earth is neither hell nor Heaven, but in a way, a battle field. I believe it is just a place where Hell and Heaven collide. Yes, there is a lot of suffering on earth that can be out of our control but there is also good things that happen to us. For example, luck. We suffer and we are tested and we are also rewarded with happiness. When we step outside we can see beauty and we can see darkness. We can experience pain but we also can experience bliss. Some people love their life while other hate theirs. Sin on earth is a way of being tested or given a choice. There is so much suffering and torture in the world because crime, rape, pain, and carelessness does occur daily simply because, lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, envy, pride, and wrath is what was decided for us to be punished for. We are all sinners, as it had been said, but we can either try to be as pure as possible or just accept our fates. But then we have death, and death is what separates us from this earth. Within Hell, it is said to be as never ending condition of suffering. Yet here on earth, death would be the end of that. O_o...and so I leave you with that thought as well. So going back to what I said before about Earth being the battle field. All I can ask is for you to think about it yourself. Satan is always...
    ...Earth is neither hell nor Heaven, but in a way, a battle field. I believe it is just a place where Hell and Heaven collide. Yes, there is a lot of suffering on earth that can be out of our control but there is also good things that happen to us. For example, luck. We suffer and we are tested and we are also rewarded with happiness. When we step outside we can see beauty and we can see darkness. We can experience pain but we also can experience bliss. Some people love their life while other hate theirs. Sin on earth is a way of being tested or given a choice. There is so much suffering and torture in the world because crime, rape, pain, and carelessness does occur daily simply because, lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, envy, pride, and wrath is what was decided for us to be punished for. We are all sinners, as it had been said, but we can either try to be as pure as possible or just accept our fates. But then we have death, and death is what separates us from this earth. Within Hell, it is said to be as never ending condition of suffering. Yet here on earth, death would be the end of that. O_o...and so I leave you with that thought as well. So going back to what I said before about Earth being the battle field. All I can ask is for you to think about it yourself. Satan is always trying to sway and tempt us away for God and Godly choices. We have our free will within ourselves to fight against that and God will always be there to help us if we choose to let him. Which would simply make us his warriors. When we fall into temptation then we become a part of Hell's side and the battle takes place when opinions come out but mostly when good deeds or evil is done. Then we die and are separated based on the side we fought on.
  • arcanebop 2010/07/24 17:36:59
    I think that...
    arcanebop
    +1
    First of all, this is all a matter of opinion at its core. The other variable is who is more persuasive in making other people think their way. For example, I see Earth as Purgatory. But not Purgatory for just Heaven, it's for Hell as well. Earth is the frying pan before jumping into the fire, so to speak, when it comes to Earth's relation with Hell. With Heaven, Earth is like the misty veil before you reach the silver lining.

It's a matter of opinion, but also of belief. I'm an agnostic atheist and a bit of a solipsist, but I still find the idea of Heaven and Hell interesting. It may be nearly universal human nature to resent our world, but that's because, in the modern age, most of us are more focused on the negative side of things. We interpret our own bloody history as a message, saying to us: "This place is indeed Hell, and there is no escape, because there is another Hell after this."

I won't talk about Heaven because that was never asked in the question.

In conclusion, it is my opinion most of us DO think Earth is Hell, either outright or deep, deep down, depending on the person. But that's also understandable. Think of it this way; how many times do we go flying in our lives, and how many times do we go underground? (Of course, this may be a less valid comparison in our modern society, with such advanced technology).
  • AndreaSheehan 2010/04/26 18:29:33
    I think that...
    AndreaSheehan
    +3
    I love this discussion... I have been thinking about this issue for at least 10 years... I love what Kevin wrote.... it seems so obvious to me that the ultimate hell would be to give freedom of will to choose temptation, ...living on Earth as a human is an addiction of sorts... hell; to experience the illusion/addiction of love or the idea of love, but never being able to experience without pain... to live under a vail of fogginess, never being able to find the answer to something that drives you constantly... to always long for something, but never quit understanding what it is... even when you think you understand or have created all the answers for yourself. to not be able to fully wake up... because there is a part of you that doesn't really want to.
  • dboy77 2010/03/17 05:12:31
    I think that...
    dboy77
    +1
    if you do some research about when god made this place its says he made the heaven and earth and no hell. When satian tryed to take over god throne its say hes was kicked out of heaven and where else could he go. yes earth and it say in the bible that you will cast into the lake of fire such as the middle of earth is a big ball of fire or lake .this is what i believe and yoou can comment on this oh and yes i am a christian.
  • Gardener 2010/01/21 23:07:22
    I think this...
    Gardener
    +3
    I think we arent in hell or heaven. Dont ask me why it just was the first wave of a impulse of thought that seemed to touch my head. Maybe its a test , as difficult as it is we should just try to do what we can for the world. Sounds simple but with money, egos, pride, power and a host of other sins it would take a divine intervention to take place for man and woman to see to light and change to take place. I believe im going to heaven and on the right path so the future is good for me. Others need to change though as obviously there would be punishment for a corrupt life after death to seek purity and higher ground paradise maybe.
  • incognito 2009/12/14 12:22:16
    I think this...
    incognito
    +4
  • lauratwo incognito 2010/04/27 02:44:17 (edited)
    lauratwo
    +4
    I could not agree more. Earth is hell. To add to your comment, in most countries women and children are sold into sex slavery. Women, children, and some men are raped on a daily basis. We are slaves to our own human bodies. If we do not eat we will die. We experience different types of physical, and mental pain. We have to work like slaves pay bills to be able to defecate in the comfort of a restroom. Heaven, I would think is a place where you would not have to live a material existence but a spiritual existence.
  • WokeUp lauratwo 2011/04/15 02:01:35
    WokeUp
    +1
    Yup, it's total hell. but it's kind of liberating once you accept it. it's exhausting questioning why years and years of positive thinking and optimism only lead to pain and disappointment. accepting the fact that earth is hell is actually peaceful for a change.
  • Ordinar... incognito 2010/07/10 05:08:27
    OrdinaryMan
    +2
    you couldnt be more right
  • Wethepe... incognito 2010/09/25 00:43:25
    Wethepeople
    +4
    I was thinking the same thing. if you were to construct a "hell" would you have it burning all the time with fire and sulfur? Or would you make it livable enough for people to believe that they are happy i.e. working for a living. Otherwise people would kill themselves here to avoid the torment and cease to reproduce new generations to carry on. Look at the world corruption, greed, killings etc EVERYDAY all the time. The majority of the daytime citizens work a job come home lock their doors and get lost in a television world till the next day. The night time element kills, drunk drives, robberies shootings etc and then dissapate in the daytime and the cycle repeats itself for eternity. The world itself is an island floating in the ocean of the Universe. We (the human race) are playing the ultimate survivor game, separated into different tribes(races) to see which one can rule the island and control the rest. Isn't it amazing how well paid the entertainers are? Sports as well as actors to create an illusion to keep your mind distracted from the fact somewhere on the same Earth someone else is being killed, money being embezzled, or there are some places in Africa with no clean water? Divided we stand united we fall wasn't just a slogan it is an answer for the human race to put ...
    I was thinking the same thing. if you were to construct a "hell" would you have it burning all the time with fire and sulfur? Or would you make it livable enough for people to believe that they are happy i.e. working for a living. Otherwise people would kill themselves here to avoid the torment and cease to reproduce new generations to carry on. Look at the world corruption, greed, killings etc EVERYDAY all the time. The majority of the daytime citizens work a job come home lock their doors and get lost in a television world till the next day. The night time element kills, drunk drives, robberies shootings etc and then dissapate in the daytime and the cycle repeats itself for eternity. The world itself is an island floating in the ocean of the Universe. We (the human race) are playing the ultimate survivor game, separated into different tribes(races) to see which one can rule the island and control the rest. Isn't it amazing how well paid the entertainers are? Sports as well as actors to create an illusion to keep your mind distracted from the fact somewhere on the same Earth someone else is being killed, money being embezzled, or there are some places in Africa with no clean water? Divided we stand united we fall wasn't just a slogan it is an answer for the human race to put into effect. Yet the select few humans who try to bring forth this answer always seem to be killed for doing do. MLK, Gandhi, John Lennon. The rich upper class seem to know something that the lower does not because if we can see they surely they can see it and why not rule in comfort off the back of the ignorant sinners while continuing to sin and enjoy the illusions. Who cares we're all sinners anyway. Like in prison most people don't care that one prisoner assaults another why because they're both prisoners meaning they each did something wrong to be put in in the first place, so what's
    the big deal? That's the way they've set up the world.
  • Steve B... Wethepe... 2011/03/18 11:58:09
    Steve Brogan
    +1
    I like this answer as it reflects a lot of what is going on. Living involves a lot of things which can lead one to believe this is Hell. For example, we are always hungry and need to make a good amount of money to get out of the freezing cold which will kill us in a horrible fashion. What brought me to this page was the idea that this could be the Hell planet and the religious are the Hell people who had second thoughts and are now trying to repent
    their bad decisions.
  • WokeUp incognito 2011/04/15 01:49:53
    WokeUp
    +1
    Agreed.
  • EricWill85 2009/11/13 18:35:10
    I think this...
    EricWill85
    Even in the worst of times it is your choice to make the best of them. Rather if this is hell or not. It is all how your perceive it. 10 bucks that most of the religious pretenders here go to McDonald's and eat from the same slaughter houses that their image of hell produces. Well, I do! But then it is gods will to force the need of B12 in our body.
    Shall their god save us all.
  • Kevin 2009/10/25 20:00:15 (edited)
    I think this...
    Kevin
    +1
    Ive seen hell, it is here on earth. What we are, why we have mouths, so we can eat our self, the solidness we need to percieve in order to feel like we are somewhere when in reality we are everywhere. The illusion that we are different, when we are all the same experiencing ourselves subjectively... (Even tho sometimes i feel like even that is the illusion and that my mind has created the different people because i myself cannot cope with being alone, which is why i believe i am here), we are the souls that have rejected our true nature, that we are a part of god, but because we have divided ourselves we are weak and scared of our true nature we turn to this human madness this faking of dementia, our physical incanrnation of our insecurities... death is the way to awe, or is the other way around, is death the illusion? When one reaches god one leaves this hell to reject this physical illusion and return to our source... The hardest part for me is to realize that it is my destiny to leave this place, yet it is so hard to leave those i love...

The truth is out there, buddhism hinduism christianity gnosticism, they all tell you the same thing, whether through metaphors or stories

The solidness you feel is your mind hitting infinity and not understanding it making it solid and hurtf...

The solidness you feel is your mind hitting infinity and not understanding it making it solid and hurtfull to the touch, martial arts teach you to break these bounds, to better realize the illusion and better your control over the body, so that you dont live to eat, but eat to live... After this is understood you realize that life is yours, as is the intent with which you live it. good and bad exist inside of your own self, YOU ALREADY KNOW all of this but you have hidden it from yourself in order to ¨find yourself again¨
    In this divine comedy you will find all that you are, and then decide to forget it, so you can enjoy the story again. Hell isnt bad its just a large chapter in the book. So do what you must, but remember the trick is to be constantly arriving and leaving this world, its the circle of life, it has no beggining and no end...
  • Bluetiful 2009/08/13 01:15:37
    I think this...
    Bluetiful
    +2
    Yes it is. I have always believed that earth was hell. This is where people suffer, kill, cheat, lie, in fact, everyone sins. Everyone is a sinner no matter how good they may think they are (or how good people think they are). We are all sinners. This is hell. People die, people kill, people suffer. We are in hell, when we die we either come back to hell or go to heaven (depends on how we behaved). That's my view of this whole ordeal :). Remember, according to the bible God sent Satan to earth (serpent) satan lives among us, therefore this is hell. We're paying for all of our sins until the day we die. We either go to heaven when we die, or get sent back to hell (ask yourself are you going to heaven or coming back to hell?).
  • Gardener Bluetiful 2010/01/21 23:26:10
    Gardener
    +1
    You said you thought earth was hell. The question i ask is this :
    Is earth hell or are some of the worlds population not just living in way too much sin ?
    The worlds a beautiful place i work outside for most of the year maintaining gardens. Whoever the government doesnt set a good example for rules. e.g Prosper and gain wealth beyond needing at the expense of other. Unless some rules are put in place to stop this and a host of others world problems settled there will always be unhappy people and crime too.
  • incognito Gardener 2010/11/29 18:54:47
    incognito
    Whether or not other parts of the world's population is just living in way too much sin; there's an undeniable fact that innocent people are dying everyday... every minute in fact not just because of violence, but because of lack of resources like water. Unsafe water and lack of sanitary water cause 80% of diseases and kill more people every year than all forms of violence, including war. There will always be violent people, that is something that cannot be solved. It's human nature. But deaths of innocent children from unsanitary water is something that can easily be solved. But then why is it that this is still a problem in the world? Earth is Hell.
  • Gardener incognito 2010/12/02 22:05:33
    Gardener
    Money is given to these people but it seems to be never enough. They need to build there and be be given more money from us to provide the water they need. However im not a politican so dont know it could be bad leadership over there.
  • M$.W 2009/02/19 19:17:12
    I think that...
    M$.W
    earth is nothing like hell. imagine your skin being seared of by fire. a eternity of nothing but pain and suffering and burning and burning forever and ever and ever. earth is nothing like hell
  • AndreaS... M$.W 2010/04/26 18:39:11
    AndreaSheehan
    +1
    but how would anyone really know? someone wrote it in the bible?... but, how would they know? experience? the word of God written through man? or is it metaphor for how you feel.. the suffering is that intense, when you choose bad things... I think for some people they have to believe there is such a place as you described, because it is too much responsibility to realize we can save ourselves... it's still all about accepting God's love into your life... it's just in my version, everyone keeps getting a chance to repent... there isn't just one chance & then damnation forever... but, then again... in my version if you keep choosing ego, pride, greed, addiction... you kind of do keep living in your own sort of damnation... & apparently you can keep it going - forever.
  • Lela M$.W 2010/08/03 04:23:57
    Lela
    +3
    Firstly, may I point out that your typing skills are absolute proof that Earth is Hell.
    Secondly, my personal view on the matter is that Hell is a plane of reality in which we reside. Arguee all you want, but in the end it is a question that will remain unanswered until our final ascent.
    -Lela
  • Hey Jude, I Feel Fine. <3 2009/02/18 23:17:51
    I think that...
    Hey Jude, I Feel Fine. <3
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hell is where the devil is...hell, is where the sinners go when they die! Earth is only LIKE hell....when the anti christ is here! If u don't know what that is....try order "Left Behind." And that guy (the one with the blonde hair) is the anti christ
  • M$.W Hey Jud... 2009/02/19 19:19:06
    M$.W
    yes that is were sinners go but not if they are saved.. and well even saved people sin thats just human nature. but the diff is that we have jesus. so i prefer to call sinners that went to hell lost souls cause really we all sin.
  • Hey Jud... M$.W 2009/02/19 21:57:06
    Hey Jude, I Feel Fine. <3
    well, i know everyone's a sinner, but only sinners that aren't saved, go to hell! That's what i ment, lol, sorry!
  • M$.W Hey Jud... 2009/02/20 14:35:09
    M$.W
    lol okay srry didnt mean to be rude lol :)
  • AndreaS... M$.W 2010/04/26 18:47:08
    AndreaSheehan
    +1
    you still have to make the decision as an individual to "be saved"... therefore it is still each person having to "save" themselves... some still insist on being sinners after they claim to "save" themselves.. it has to be more than just going to a church and claiming to be saved... you have to walk the walk & live in the light of God...
  • Lela M$.W 2010/08/03 04:26:39
    Lela
    +2
    And another thing, if God truly loved us, why would he damn a person for eternity.
    A parent punishes their child for misbehaving, but always forgives them in the end.
    Food for thought.
    -Lela
  • AndreaS... Hey Jud... 2010/04/26 18:44:04
    AndreaSheehan
    +2
    so, basically God really isn't as powerful as Christianity claims... if God really is ALL powerful, then how would "the Devil" even exist? Why would a God, truly that powerful even allow it? A truly all powerful God would just make everyone live in love & that would be the end of it... ALL ONE... GOD'S way. The hell you described is one for human benefit... humans being able to be controlled & manipulated through fear of "the all firey Hell"... it is also an illusion that keeps people away from God's love... it keeps people in a state of fear... there is evil... but it is of our own making... it's just too hard for our giant ego's to admit... so we stay in a state separate from God... it's ALL an illusion... and we are all addicted to the illusions that keep us from knowing our true selves... that keep us from understanding God's love.
  • Lela AndreaS... 2010/08/03 04:37:29
    Lela
    +1
    I read a book once where it explained the author's view on why God created the Devil, and that when the end of time came it would be nothing more than a wish for God to vanquish him. I cannot remember the entirety of the text, but it was along the lines of Satan existing merely as a channel for us to choose God on our own. Choose to love him, because it would mean more. And he created Satan to show us the value of good and evil first hand instead of taking God's word for it.
    It really spoke to me. I will post the name of the book and author if I can remember it.
    -Lela

2014/08/01 05:00:12