Is Barack Obama causing more harm to our country by running for president?

RomneyRainbow 2008/03/16 00:20:23
I understand this may be a tough question. Even when Jesse Jackson ran for president, we didn't see the amount of racial divide as there is now. It seems to me there is an underlying effort to raise the issue again and I do find it harmful. Especially when we are trying to have someone elected who can engage the planet in peaceful negotiations.

• TimothyHussein 2008/06/07 18:46:01
  • pet713-for the Constitution! 2008/04/22 02:45:46
    pet713-for the Constitution!
    +1
    Yes, with the racist views he & his wife have. I sure don't want these ideas coming home to roost in the White House!
  • Jackie G - Poker Playing Pa... 2008/04/15 21:48:21 (edited)
    +1
    Markie, I wrote the following in reply to another question today. It applies here too:
    It is funny that you would ask this question because just this afternoon I was thinking about his comments regarding the working man. My grandparents were staunch Democrats; Grandpa was a union railroad worker (he started as a coal boy when he was 10-12) and Grandma was a union telephone operator (the original 'number please' kind.) They believed strongly that the D's were the party of the people; and so it was in those days. I thought about their hero; President Franklin D. Roosevelt and all that he stood for during the troubled times he lead the nation; times much more terrible than anything we have faced in the last twenty years through to the present. Then I thought about the current Democrat candidates Obama in particular; can any one imagine (in their wildest of imaginings) hearing FDR talk about the times or the working man as Sen Obama did; can you ever imagine him thinking about them (us) in those terms. The answer is a resounding NO. This once noble party has drifted so far from its soul that it is painful to watch and see. Sen Clinton may indeed have told a lie; but Sen Obama is a lie.
  • RomneyR... Jackie ... 2008/04/16 02:00:39
    RomneyRainbow
    +2
    Thank you Jackie G...

Bottom line, I want a President who is for and from the people. There are many degrees in which to judge a candidate. Let's take an approach as if one were being interviewed by the FBI.

It seems to me, John McCain would be interviewed for quite some length as he was a POW. I'm sure there would be plenty of questions to ask in that regard. Not saying in any way would that prevent him from being President. But, there would be a considerable amount of taxpayers money used to question John. (And, on a personal note, I'm not so sure how confident I am having someone who was under the control of another government for six years as our President. I think I would put him on the same level as not allowing a non-native born citizen to be President. That's just personal, though).

It also seems to me, Barack Obama would be interviewed for quite some length. You only need look at his reverend of twenty years and one of several campaign advisers to understand. It may also come as a suggestion Barack would be placed on any current "terrorist list" solely based on his ties to groups with radical anti-American values and actions.

I believe I've said enough. You have to prove without a shadow of a doubt that you love your country to be President. I can't think of anyone cu...'

'''

Thank you Jackie G...

I believe I've said enough. You have to prove without a shadow of a doubt that you love your country to be President. I can't think of anyone currently running for President who better exemplifies this love than Hillary Clinton. Hands down. John McCain is a close second. Barack doesn't even rate.

If you argue, you are third eye blind. Terrorists attacked America on 9 11 and now America is ready to hand over the country to someone with ties. You better believe I support Hillary first, John McCain second. I can't help myself, I prefer real Americans to win. It's not about race or gender, it's about dignity.

GO HILLARY!!!

All you superdelegates, make the switch now to Hillary or declare your endorsement for Hillary!! Everyone else, call your friends and family in PA, IN, NC, WV, KY, OR, ID, and finally, MT and SD. The time is now. Give the media the finger and turn back the terrorists!!

• Jackie ... RomneyR... 2008/04/16 02:11:47
    +1
    Markie, As far as I am concerned - there are only two qualified candidates for POTUS Sen Clinton and Sen McCain, McCain is closer to the center and, since I am a moderate, I prefer him first. She, of course, is my #2. I have no doubt that they both love this country and will keep this Nation safe. That is their number one job, all the programs will be fought out in Congress. I hope she wins and, as a woman, I am pulling for her. She has been treated badly in this race.
  • Kara ~~~ American Patriot 2008/04/13 13:41:30
    Kara ~~~ American Patriot
    +1
    There are too many reasons that lead me to believe that BHO is harmful to our country. He should not be our next President. Need I say more?
  • ! 2008/04/13 04:35:29
    !
    +1
    He is a divisive person. He is not a uniter as he claims (look at what he is doing to the Democratic Party).He has some shady dealings with Rezko and Auchi and possibly more to fully explain. His arrogance is causing a backlash and his wifes arrogance is just as bad if not worse. I cannot imagine them in the White House dealing with foriegn dignataries and especially enemies of this country. He also can't seem to control his temper, McCain has the same problem but it has been curtailed, Obama's has not.

He needs to stop and think and drop!

RWD
  • Nae Nae 2008/04/13 04:26:47
    Nae Nae
    +1
    Don't think he should be playing any Ebony and Ivory at any of his rallies
  • Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum 2008/04/12 22:29:54
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    Does the poster of this poll have his head rammed so far up his anus, he couldn't see the truth if he could look out his own belly button?

• RomneyR... Warren ... 2008/04/12 22:47:55
    RomneyRainbow
    +1
    Well, why don't you speak to the poster of this poll in direct first person context rather than meekly trying otherwise?

And, the truth is obvious to everyone with a decent amount of intelligence. I can't judge your level, but the way you commented is a certainly a start of that judgement.

I'll take your head up my ass and raise you a more profane head up YOUR ass!!
  • Warren ... RomneyR... 2008/04/13 04:06:02
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    Okay, Marky! Enjoy the dingleberries!

• RomneyR... Warren ... 2008/04/13 04:21:10
    RomneyRainbow
    +2
    I'll eat anything you throw at me buddy!!

~GULP~

• Studied 2008/03/24 17:31:51
    Studied
    +2
    More than racial is the strong Radical Anti-Americanism being heard. Folks have called George Bush a Polotical Sociopath, but The same can now be said about Barack.
  • Nice Jewish Liberal 2008/03/16 19:35:43
    Nice Jewish Liberal
    +2
    No, he's trying to unite the country. I think we are going through growing pains right now; some people are just uncomfortable having a person of color running for high office. If Senator Obama was white, I think Senator Clinton would have already bowed out of the race.
  • RomneyR... Nice Je... 2008/03/16 21:32:10
    RomneyRainbow
    +5
    WOW...

I can't see any reason why you would think if Barack was white, Hillary would have backed out. Especially since every other white senator has already backed out.

You see, what you need to realize is his campaign is only alive by supposed racist remarks which have been glorified as such by the media and his minions. Furthermore, the other part of the reason his campaign is alive is his theft of words from a time already past.

The growing pains we are going through, as you say, are only a result of bringing the growing pains we went through in the '50's and '60's back again.

After 9/11, this country was united beyond belief. It has taken Bush and now Barack to reverse all of that and then some.

It's like our country enjoys going in circles...

Go away Barack!!
  • sioux~P... Nice Je... 2008/04/12 03:13:34
    sioux~Proud American
    +2
    He seems pro-Palestinian to me.
  • sativa 2008/03/16 18:25:13
    sativa
    +3
    I am very concerned that he (and those he affiliates himself with) is brainwashing many weak-minded Americans and dividing the rest of us. I am embarrassed by him as an intelligent American Democrat.
  • sioux~Proud American 2008/03/16 14:45:54
    sioux~Proud American
    +4
    Yes, there seem to be veiled threats from the African-American community that if Obama doesn't win, for any reason, there will be "hell to pay."
  • RomneyR... sioux~P... 2008/03/16 16:17:28
    RomneyRainbow
    +5
    Yeah, that's all we need is the L.A. riots all over the country.

I think I will pass altogether on anything to do with Barack and his minions.

• Katie~PUMA!!! 2008/03/16 07:12:20 (edited)
    Katie~PUMA!!!
    +6
    He is dividing not only the Democratic Party, but the entire country...Obama his wife Michelle, his associates, mentors, and his spiritual advisor have undone what so many others have worked and fought for all their lives.
  • Nice Je... Katie~P... 2008/03/16 19:38:49
    Nice Jewish Liberal
    +1
    What kind of comment is that? You have nothing to back up your claim. What have these people undone? His wife Michelle is a working class woman who put herself through school, made something of herself, and recently had one unfortunate comment taken out of context? Why the personal attack on her? What possible standard are you holding Senator Obama to?
  • RomneyR... Nice Je... 2008/03/16 22:01:17 (edited)
    RomneyRainbow
    +4
    And to further my point above...

There are extensively more well qualified African Americans who should currently be a candidate. I will give you two:

Colin Powell
    Condoleezza Rice

Of course, I wouldn't vote for Rice because she is an idiot (and don't give me that she's educated, blah blah... I have met plenty of educated people who make me wonder how they are considered educated). However, in the eyes of Republicans she is vastly qualified. So, that's one.

With Colin Powell, he has demonstrated a moderate practice of our defense (aside from the pressures of the Bush administration during his tenure as Secretary of State, I am willing to forgive) of politics. I think he would appeal to everyone in numbers that would make Barack turn white with fear. Furthermore, Barack could sneeze in front of Colin and Barack would have to bless himself.

As you can see, I prefer to be imaginitive and factual and sometimes mix both with my replies and especially in defending my understanding of what is happening. I do believe Barack has the same capability. THAT IS a compliment. However, there are those who have been working since the 2000 election was stolen. There is a sight which is refused to be seen by those who are just now deciding to issue their opinion with a vote. These are th...'

'''

'

And to further my point above...

Colin Powell
    Condoleezza Rice

As you can see, I prefer to be imaginitive and factual and sometimes mix both with my replies and especially in defending my understanding of what is happening. I do believe Barack has the same capability. THAT IS a compliment. However, there are those who have been working since the 2000 election was stolen. There is a sight which is refused to be seen by those who are just now deciding to issue their opinion with a vote. These are the same people who were not there in 2000 and and not there in 2004. I appreciate their activism with this current election and their support of Barack. However, they need to get educated and learn respect before they can be viewed as educated and deserving of respect. There is a respect and admiration within the core group of the Democrats who have been consistently active since the Roosevelt administration. Freedom and Fairness for everyone. Barack is taking us down a dark road full of threats and accusations. If it can't be seen, then the person is blind in the mind.

Michelle was being honest when she said for the first time she respected the country. She is another example of what I am trying to point out. The only reason certain people have decided to express their opinion with a vote is because of Barack. Otherwise, you wouldn't see those people. I don't want someone making as powerful a decision as this only because they feel they need to get on a bandwagon. Our country has been abused the past eight years. We don't need or want anymore.

Our party has been hijacked by a person and a church that do not share the beliefs and ideals of the core base of our party.

I am afraid, just like eight years ago, we're getting in it all over again...

So, go, the circle of life... Forward for eight years, back for four years, forward for eight years, back for eight years, ????
  • angie ~ MCCAIN / PALIN 08 2008/03/16 01:00:36
  • Stephen 2008/03/16 00:46:22
    Stephen
    +1
    Why would you even ask the question?
  • RomneyR... Stephen 2008/03/16 00:54:07
    RomneyRainbow
    +5
    Because we were doing just fine until his racist campaign brought everything we have worked hard to heal over the past 40 to 50 years back.

I believe it was a purposeful effort, not only by his campaign, but by many who support him.
  • Stephen RomneyR... 2008/03/16 01:22:25
    Stephen
    +4
    And your alowed. This is America. That doesn't make you right. The race issue is anything but dead.The African Americans leaders have been working overtime to KEEP it alive. So they can get anything and everything they can out of it.If the issue of race seperation in America dies. Jessie,Al and all the rest are out of a job and would have to get real jobs. Outside of being prejudice. I think all they know is how to flip burgers at a burger joint.
  • Derek 2008/03/16 00:32:09
  • RomneyR... Derek 2008/03/16 00:43:10
    RomneyRainbow
    +5
    You must not be watching the news. The rationale is his ties with major racist organizations and persons.
  • Derek RomneyR... 2008/03/16 00:43:53
  • RomneyR... Derek 2008/03/16 00:50:22
    RomneyRainbow
    +5
    REFUTE!

Give me a break. He had his children baptized and was married by his preacher who is a disgusting human being. He can refute it until he is blue in the face. It doesn't change his blatant disregard for good judgement.

That's all that needs to be said.
  • Derek RomneyR... 2008/03/16 00:51:15
  • sativa Derek 2008/03/16 18:12:37
    sativa
    +3
    Just the white side of himself!
  • RomneyR... RomneyR... 2008/03/16 00:57:48
    RomneyRainbow
    +3
    My apologies to everyone...

I had to block Derek. It is obvious there is a lack of intelligence in the replies.
  • Candlejack RomneyR... 2008/03/17 02:29:10
  • RomneyR... Candlejack 2008/03/17 03:53:53
    RomneyRainbow
    +2
    I could sense the conversation was headed in that direction.

• Candlejack RomneyR... 2008/03/26 00:03:07
  • RomneyR... RomneyR... 2008/04/04 23:37:09
    RomneyRainbow
    +1
    Interesting who chose to get nasty.

My point is confirmed.
  • Kara ~~... Derek 2008/04/13 13:54:11
    Kara ~~~ American Patriot
    +1
    Louis Farrakhan comes to my mind. And Obama's church even gave that man an award. Obama acted like he did not know anyting about it when he was interveiwed not very long ago. A christian church giving an award to a Muslim? Louis Farrakhan is the head of the Nation of Islam (NOI) as the National Representative of Elijah Muhammad. Now that is weird.
  • SOnny 2008/03/16 00:26:16
    SOnny
    +4
    well i think it's a given, of course he has. He has brought shame to many I hate to tell people I am a democrat now I figure they probably think democrats are pretty stupid seeing as how they voted and let such a shitty ass man get so far. He is a fool and I cant wait to see this man go down!!!
  • Eileen 2008/03/16 00:21:25
    Eileen
    You cant label whether he will cause more trouble or not! Presidents have lied during their campaigns, and done something different during there terms, we jsut have to wait and see

2014/07/29 20:54:40