Is Barack Hussein Obama on Drugs or Mentally Unstable?

dublin9 2010/04/13 19:39:19
So what's going on with White House Occupant Obama breaking tradition and ditching the presidential press pool over the weekend to watch one of his daughter's soccer games? It sounds rather inocuous, but let's look a bit further. According to the Chicago Sun Times, the press pool was to assemble at 11:30AM.

However, Time reported:

The president left the White House at approximately 9:20 to attend one of his daughter's soccer games at 40th and Chesapeake NW. A pool was hastily called at around 9:35 and drove north at 9:43 to catch the president before the game ended. We didn't make it. The President returned to the White House at 10:17. The pool returned at 10:30.

Seems simple enough. But the story has several problems. The first one is a biggie in that THERE WERE NO SCHEDULED SOCCAR GAMES for Sidwell Friends April 10, as evidenced by the photo below. The second is that the area reported that the game was played at appears to be one of HIGH CRIME AND DRUG DEALING.

Another problem is that when the press pool got close to the reported location, they were told that Obama was leaving and to turn around. The press pool complied, but why? Wouldn't they have wanted a photo of him, even leaving the event, to formally document his whereabouts? What's also suspect is the very casual, nothing-to-see-here tone of the Time article.

What's more concerning is that no one can confirm if the Secret Service even accompanied Obama on his adventure.

With all of the technology that people have -- iPhones, Blackberries -- not one person took a photo of Obama? And the press didn't get a shot of him getting into his vehicle? Obama loves the cameras.

Did the President of the United States go to this drug dealing neighborhood without any Secret Service protection to score some dope? Maybe the pressure is getting to him and he wanted to try his hand as Community Organizer again. Then again, maybe the man with his finger on the nuclear trigger is just cracking up.

SEE IMAGE BELOW. THE SOCCER FIELD WITH NO SOCCER GAME

organizer finger nuclear trigger cracking image soccer field soccer game

Read More: http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/04/obama_atten...

• bacon bits 2010/08/20 05:26:01
    Other
    bacon bits
    +1
    All the above! This just keeps getting better and better!
  • hyrulien 2010/04/28 14:56:33
    Other
    hyrulien
    Because the soccer game was rescheduled. And the president is still a free man he can do as he wish’s. If you are so concerned about him being on drugs why not make a petition for Obama to have a drug screening? Instead of created silly propaganda blogs.
  • dublin9 hyrulien 2010/04/28 16:14:35
    dublin9
    Oh, the soccer game was rescheduled and Obama wasn't informed. I see. You know, there's a nice bridge in Brooklyn that I can sell you cheaply. As to his being a "free man," he is not. He is the President of the United States. He can't just wander off without Secret Service protection. He can be kidnapped. He can be killed. It can lead to war. Grow up.
  • hyrulien dublin9 2010/04/28 17:45:35 (edited)
    hyrulien
    Are you stating that Obama is not free? And actually you really should stop blindly following Rush. I know you disagree with Obamas policies but stop making up/listening to those people man. It really isn’t good for your mental health. Here is evidence to the real story http://mediamatters.org/blog/...
  • dublin9 hyrulien 2010/04/29 12:47:48 (edited)
    dublin9
    A President has the power but in fact, is not free to be as irresponsible as a normal citizen. If he want's this freedom he should not have run for the job. His primary responsibility is not to his own whims. It is to America and its people. That's what being a President is all about, although Obama hasn't grasped this concept.
  • hyrulien dublin9 2010/04/29 14:30:36
    hyrulien
    I think you haven’t grasped the concept of freedom. Just because one is a political figure does not mean he can’t watch his daughter at her soccer game. And so what he missed it big deal. Stop looking for stupid BS lies to discredit him, you have nothing and I already proved that.

Have a nice day
  • dublin9 hyrulien 2010/04/29 15:16:44 (edited)
    dublin9
    I don't think you understand what the Presidency is all about. The President is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Nation. He has certain responsibilities. And the Secret Service must accompany him. This is national security.

Have a cute day.
  • hyrulien dublin9 2010/04/29 15:58:43 (edited)
    hyrulien
    You do realize he did have his secret service with him right? Or are you that delusional you are going to try to argue a point to where no pictures of him being there or even a photo of him in his car alone? You really should do some research before trying to discredit someone. Honestly I think you just discredited yourself. It is ok though I would expect nothing less from a Rush supporter. Notice how they say in this far right article how when the reporters arived they were informed that the president was departing. Who do you think informed them? lmao.

http://www.redstate.com/catco...

Is there any other (FACTS) you would like to discuss my conspiracy obsessed friend?

It is rather hilarious to discredit your attempts of fact less nonsense. Why don’t you make a blog about him not being a US citizen that could entertain me for awhile.
  • dublin9 hyrulien 2010/04/29 18:16:16
    dublin9
    He did not have his Secret Service contingent with him. Anything that came out to cover his actions were after the fact to cover for his irresponsibility. I love the way you liberal/progressive neo-Nazis attempt to rewrite history and discredit anyone who disagrees with you.
  • hyrulien dublin9 2010/04/29 18:59:02 (edited)
    hyrulien
    Once again you are comparing me to people who kill Jews. I think you have been in Iraq to long partner.

Direct quote from the article as followed. (Reporters and photographers didn’t have a chance to see him or his vehicle to verify his presence at any location.) (By the time, the press van appeared to arrive at the president’s location, the press was told he was already departing. Time to go back to the White House.

Those 2 quotes right there prove that your accusations are false. First because there is no evidence or pictures of him and second he obviously had his people trailing him because there where people to meet the press after he had already headed back to the white house. So explain your crazy theory again of propaganda BS?

Reporters and photographers didn’t have a chance to see him or his vehicle to verify his presence at any location.)

You didn’t read your own right winged article did you?

What you are trying to say is similar to this hell I might make an article about it . Ok Sarah Palin is having an affair with her daughters husband, unfortunately as the media pulled up to Sarah’s house while her husband was gone there was a eye witness that stated (I saw her daughters husbands car but no daughter!) Therefore what is Sarah doing is Sarah cheating on her...

What you are trying to say is similar to this hell I might make an article about it . Ok Sarah Palin is having an affair with her daughters husband, unfortunately as the media pulled up to Sarah’s house while her husband was gone there was a eye witness that stated (I saw her daughters husbands car but no daughter!) Therefore what is Sarah doing is Sarah cheating on her husband? I think so

I do want to congratulate you on the fact that you actually made it to staff officer though. But I am gravely concerned that people with such a lack of common sense is fighting for our country but... then again.
  • dublin9 hyrulien 2010/04/29 19:27:02 (edited)
    dublin9
    Actually, I've never been to Iraq but I have friends who have. I'm currently in a domestic DECON unit tasked with anti-terrorist duties. I look forward after decades, to the next seven months ending so I can pack up my uniform and think of my own family for a change. I'm fed up with the thought of risking my life to save a bunch of liberals who over the years, have called me "Nazi," "baby killer," or glared at me as if I was garbage.
  • hyrulien dublin9 2010/04/29 19:35:22
    hyrulien
    What are you talking about? Are you serious? You just called me a Nazi like 3 times and basically stated that I was not worth living. And in what way have you been called baby killer are you pro abortionist or somthing?
  • dublin9 hyrulien 2010/04/29 19:51:44
    dublin9
    I was called "baby killer" while in uniform by a bunch of candle holding American peacenicks. This happened more than once. It happened to one of my Sergeants who came out with a great reply. He looked at them and said "I only kill the babies I eat." Gotta love Sergeants.
  • hyrulien dublin9 2010/04/30 15:21:17
    hyrulien
    +1
    Damn that would piss me off to I don’t blame you. Some people don’t realize war is a reality. And why the hell did they call you baby killer though? And that comment your serge made is rather funny, got to add humor to crazies or they will get to you after awhile. Good luck to you.
  • concerned 2010/04/25 06:24:49
    Other
    concerned
    +1
    The press isn't going anywhere .. but his daughter's soccer game is only one time . the press will be there another day .. .
  • dublin9 concerned 2010/04/25 13:12:22 (edited)
    dublin9
    +1
    There was no soccer game. And the press wasn't the only people he dodged. It was the Secret Service. If he was kidnapped or killed (wherever he went), it could lead to war. A president can't act like a wayward delinquent.
  • God bless American freedom 2010/04/25 01:57:40 (edited)
    Other
    God bless American freedom
    +3
    Personally I believe it is a lack of oxygen to his brain.

personally oxygen brain

But I agree it could have been many other things as well.

• concerned God ble... 2010/04/26 04:45:05
    concerned
    +1
    LOL any excuse from u is like an ass hole .. first they say .. to much media .. now they whinny about for him to do more media .. can't make up their mind HUMM ... so u really has to lack of Oxygen to the brain LOL
  • Glen DeLough 2010/04/24 23:10:10
    Other
    Glen DeLough
    +2
    All of the above and more.

As a Lib, he is mentally unstable.
    As a Moslem, he is mentally unstable.
    -----I know some Moslems are peaceful and want peace, but Obama has always hung out with radical anti-Americans and none of them ever wanted peace. They didn't even want the US to exist, like A-jab & the Mad Mollos of Iran.
  • hyrulien Glen De... 2010/04/28 15:04:49
    hyrulien
    I think you are confused.
    First he is very stable and well mannered unlike RUSH now that is an unstable guy
    second wtf! is a (moslem)? do you mean Muslim because he is an American Christian btw!
    third Obama fights for peace hence HCR and he has already settled a great deal of nuclear arms with Russia which was still considered a threat under the Bush admin. He has also regulated relations with China and Iran. So I am sorry but your information seems ignorant and misinformed.
  • dublin9 hyrulien 2010/04/29 12:54:38
    dublin9
    +1
    Pardon me for breaking in, but it seems that you are consumed with wishful thinking.

Obama fights for peace the same way Chamberlain fought for peace with Adolf Hitler. The nuclear arms deal with Russia was very favorable to THEM. The Russians have a new generation of missiles that they want to deploy. The only way they could do this was to make an agreement where they could dump the older ones. Obama on the other hand, chose to continue using our two decade old systems and not even approve the necessary funds to keep our warheads in good working order.

I haven't got the slightest idea what you mean by Obama "regulating" relations with China and Iran. Relations with China were better under Bush. As for Iran, he is doing virtually nothing but insure that Iran will go nuke unless stopped by the Israelis. The Iranians have told us to go to hell.
  • hyrulien dublin9 2010/04/29 14:48:45
  • dublin9 hyrulien 2010/04/29 15:20:55 (edited)
    dublin9
    I can see that your English comprehension skills are lacking because you are reading things into my post that weren't made. I can also see that you know nothing about nuclear physics. For a nuclear plant, you need 2% refinement of material. Iran is now doing 20% refinement which works in a rather inefficient nuclear weapon. They will then be boosting to 90% refinement which is rather easy. You should really open your eyes. Oh yes... If you read my posting, you would know that I'm not Christian. I'm Jewish. And a conservative Jew at that. I've also spent decades wearing an American military uniform when called to do so. For some time now, I've been a Staff Officer in a military DECON unit assigned to save the sorry lives of people like yourself after Islamic terrorist attack.
  • hyrulien dublin9 2010/04/29 16:22:18 (edited)
    hyrulien
    Yes I do know the fundamentals of Nuclear war heads. Plutonium is a very unstable rare transuranic element and when combined with slow moving thermal neutrons it releases gamma radiation and more neutrons. And yes I understand the knowledge of isolating the element to a certain degree to which it can be considered a weapon. Weapons grade plutonium contains less than 7% plutonium-240. Fuel grade plutonium contains from 7 to less than 19%, and power reactor grade contains 19% or more plutonium-240. And yes I know that with higher refinement you git a purer substance.

You are just throwing basic facts around and not discussing politics. It is plain and simple. The UN, US, and Russia are all working together to keep an eye on Iran’s nuclear program to make sure it stays in the power sector.Your point?

Also the fact that your Jewish should really open your eyes to your history. How can you compare Obama to Hitler? You must be very unaware of your history.
  • dublin9 hyrulien 2010/04/29 18:22:04 (edited)
    dublin9
    Stop trying to impress me with boilerplate that you don't understand. It doesn't work. And don't pull this "you should know being Jewish" crap at me. I'm not a snivelling liberal Jew who has spent his entire life waiting to vote for any Presidential candidate (no matter how unqualified) who happened to be black.

You prove your inability to understand reality with the statement "The UN, US, and Russia are all working together to keep an eye on Iran’s nuclear program to make sure it stays in the power sector." What will you say when Iran goes nuke? You'll probably blame George Bush.

You liberal progressives are so juvenile. I truly hope that it is people with views like yours who suffer most when the next big time terrorism hits our shores. Survivors of your ilk will probably blame Bush for that also. I can't believe I've wasted so many years of my life in uniform protecting people like you.
  • hyrulien dublin9 2010/04/29 19:23:24 (edited)
  • dublin9 hyrulien 2010/04/29 19:40:33
  • hyrulien dublin9 2010/04/30 15:29:07
    hyrulien
    I am not a fed by the way I work closely to NAVAIR. You shouldn’t generalize people by the way. Sorry to hear about your wife and the problems you have had. Sounds to me you have a lot of built up anger and are looking for an outlet. But Obama wasn’t even a senator in 1999 so he had nothing to do with those activities. I am still not sure why you hate him so much because honestly HCR would help you and your wife out a great deal. As for Iran why do you think Obama would want them to kill everyone? He has a wife and kids also. He really isn’t a bad guy when you look past all the criticism on the web and media. I relate information that people throw at me to public information such as the US treasury direct and numerous sources with various opinions. Well anyways have a good day and try to relax it is Friday.
  • dublin9 hyrulien 2010/04/30 16:27:03
    dublin9
    In early 2008, someone asked me what I thought of Obama. My response was that I didn't know much, but he seemed like a decent sort. I went on to say that while I probably wouldn't vote for him if he won the nomination because he seemed too liberal for my taste, I'd love him as a neighbor and we could argue politics.

Then I began doing some digging. I even read his book "Dreams of My Father." Slowly, a composite was created of a man consumed with race and having a hard left, controlling government mindset. I saw someone who loyally attended an America hating church for 20 years that was heavy socialist Black Liberation Theology. I learned of his close friends like the Hamas supporting Rashid Khalidi who baby sat their children. And an image was created that I didn't like. That's why I didn't vote for him. McCain didn't impress me either, but I felt he would be far more qualified as Commander in Chief.

I'm fundamentally a Constitutional Conservative. And while my wife and myself still come to tears at the playing of the Star Spangled Banner, we really don't like growing, intrusive government. I'm an adult and government isn't my parent. And while a parent can reward a child, it can also punish. My wife and myself have been victims of government punishment, simply because she...

I'm fundamentally a Constitutional Conservative. And while my wife and myself still come to tears at the playing of the Star Spangled Banner, we really don't like growing, intrusive government. I'm an adult and government isn't my parent. And while a parent can reward a child, it can also punish. My wife and myself have been victims of government punishment, simply because she chose protecting the American people over agency loyalty. I really don't like receiving a death threat one week after receiving a military decoration for saving the life of a civilian during a homocide scene while in uniform. It gives you a big dose of raw, punitive, government coercive power.

In my opinion, Obama is a big federal government devotee. He does not believe in the concept of Federalism, which is the cornerstone of our Constitution. He is totally ignorant of the private sector. He believes in government micromanaging the economy. And he's surrounded himself with very hard core leftist.

I don't like the way Obama combines the strategies of the Nazis and Soviets. Like the Nazis, he uses a mix of finding social race groups to deamonize such as the "Old White" Tea Party people. Like the Soviets, he attempts to divide the nation economically. There's always an enemy with Obama. It could be the big evil insurance crowd, the big evil Wall Street crowd, the big evil banks. It never ends. There's always a group of private sector industries to hate. The current economy is always the fault of someone else rather than his own policies. He will never take responsibility for policies of the last 1 1/2 years.

I look at an economy that should be rebounding. Instead, like fascist regimes, he holds sections of the economy up to blackmail and gets big kickbacks for his efforts. He doesn't say that Wall Street is overwhelming Democrat by inclination and contributions. I'm in the field of computer technology. I know the financial area well. Obama received almost one million dollars from Goldman Sachs in his campaign. Wall Street donated to Obama 3 dollars for every one to McCain. Anybody who thinks Goldman Sachs will suffer is nuts. They will pay a fine. It's all a game of shaking down another industry.

We have a 10% unemployment rate. When Obama took over and prior to wasting TRILLIONS of dollars, it was 7.1%. In point of fact, when you add the underemployed and those who have simply given up looking, the rate is 20%.

But for the sake of time, let's set aside economics and get into foreign policy: One of the first things Obama did when assuming the Presidency was to return a bust of Winston Churchill given as a token of solidarity after 911. That was a slap in the face to our closest ally.

He has alienated most of our traditional allies who feel we are no longer reliable. The British have already said that a "special relationship" no longer exists between Britain and the United States. The French Prime Minister openly pokes fun at Obama. The German Prime Minister hates him. They are both turning away from America and unilaterally, developing close economic and political ties with a resurgant Russia.

As to the Prime Minister of Israel, when he came for a White House visit, Obama walked out on him. He wouldn't even take the requisite photo with him as a visiting dignitary. I haven't seen this behavior towards a high ranking official since the treatment of the Japanese Ambassador immediately after Pearl Harbor.

The Iranians now have troops in Venezuala. Brazil and other South American States are developing closer ties with both nations. Slowly we are becoming isolated because Obama is either clueless or as I suspect, wants an America he dislikes to be cut down a few notches.

Wait until 2011 when the economy crashes. Because of Obamacare, insurance companies will raise their rates drastically. Obama will push for a VAT and Carbon tax that will reduce the American Standard of living by 25% in hidden taxes and what's left of American industry will relocate. It will be a total disaster.

Gee, we haven't even gotten to Iran in depth, or the military, but you can see just some of the things I don't like about Obama.
  • hyrulien dublin9 2010/04/30 18:25:02
    hyrulien
    I hear what you’re saying but I’m just not following. See I don’t agree with everything Obama does. But my question is this, in what way has your life changed for the worst since Obama has been in office?

Check out this link the treasury direct if you get a chance and input the dates when Bush started in office and up to now. You will see at 2000 we were at 5 trillion and at the end of his 8 years we hit over 10 trillion we are currently at 12 trillion because of the stimulus plans. Bush doubled our deficit and then threw everyone a $300.00 bone on their tax returns based on a certain income rate or above. http://www.treasurydirect.gov...

Truth be told at the end of 2007 the economy rapidly crumbled and I witnessed numerous people lose their jobs and being forced to come together with family and relatives to survive. My father is a general manager for a diesel engine manufacture company. He is retired navy with benefits. and sadly they had to let numerous people go. And they even had to drop the company’s health insurance so all the workers were insurance less. Also they could not even afford to buy coffee for the office workers. They made terrible sacrifices. But even my father an extreme supporter of John McCain and a diehard conservative has seen much changes and improv...

Truth be told at the end of 2007 the economy rapidly crumbled and I witnessed numerous people lose their jobs and being forced to come together with family and relatives to survive. My father is a general manager for a diesel engine manufacture company. He is retired navy with benefits. and sadly they had to let numerous people go. And they even had to drop the company’s health insurance so all the workers were insurance less. Also they could not even afford to buy coffee for the office workers. They made terrible sacrifices. But even my father an extreme supporter of John McCain and a diehard conservative has seen much changes and improvements in the warehouse and shop industries. Happy to say they got to hire the people they let go back and the office workers have their coffee back. They are still currently struggling with the high insurance rates though. My father finds it hard to talk to me about the subject because he was so sure Obama was going to be the end of the company he manages. But turns out it was exactly what they needed to stay on their feet and keep on going. He is just one example of numerous people I know that has experienced this anxiety locally .

Me being a government employee along with yourself we tend to experience it less. Because honestly me designing the tools you use to bring the enemy down and you say you do technological work on boats ? or are you inland stationed?
    And as for Obama exposing himself to different ideas and people. I see nothing wrong with that I motivate that idea, I believe everyone should come together and share their opinions and ideas no matter how hateful or distrust it is up to us to learn from each other. I myself wouldn’t mind hearing what a lot of people with vivid ideas or opposing sides have to say and truly believe in. Take Charles Manson for example how interesting would it be to hear his illogical ideology. Or even the kkk an extreme group that truly believe people other than whites are still lesser people. On a side note did you know John McCain’s relatives owned a slave farm? And that there are black McCain’s? That right there shows to why I am not surprised to why the KKK members voted for McCain.

As for the Natzi's how angrey do you think they are now knowing that they voted for MCcain when Obama was the real Nazi right?
  • dublin9 hyrulien 2010/04/30 20:23:35
    dublin9
    Actually, I'm Infantry. I can't even swim. I'm private sector 100%, except when called to uniform. My high points were Desert Storm, Flood in '96 and of course, the Islamic terrorism of 911. I'm currently in a military first responder DECON unit for terrorist attack or other emergencies. Nasty, dangerous, stuff. I'm a Sr. Staff Officer in charge of technology and will be completely out in 7 months. I'll probably be helping them out informally because I really am a techno wiz and more knowledgeable in this area than anyone that might formally replace me. To me, my duty to the American people ends with my death.

I take a somewhat different view of obligation to America than most people. Being Jewish, I feel that for the first time since our expulsion from the Romans in 230 AD, my ancestors found a nation where they were viewed as equal citizens. All that this great nation ever asked was work hard, be loyal and make a contribution. I could never repay my America, its wonderful people and a Constitution that I practically worship. On the other hand, that doesn't mean that while my loyalty to America and it's institutions is inviolable, that I don't despise federal employees, most particularly in the U.S. Department of Justice. I will never forgive them for what they did to my lo...

I take a somewhat different view of obligation to America than most people. Being Jewish, I feel that for the first time since our expulsion from the Romans in 230 AD, my ancestors found a nation where they were viewed as equal citizens. All that this great nation ever asked was work hard, be loyal and make a contribution. I could never repay my America, its wonderful people and a Constitution that I practically worship. On the other hand, that doesn't mean that while my loyalty to America and it's institutions is inviolable, that I don't despise federal employees, most particularly in the U.S. Department of Justice. I will never forgive them for what they did to my lovely wife an my country.

As to a national debt that has me very concerned, Bush ran a 250 billion dollar deficit each year except his last years which was 450 billion. He only spent 250 billion of the TARP money and handed over 500 billion to the new Obama Administration. As a rule, the deficit can go up at a rate equal to economic growth without problems. And while I was not happy with Bushes deficits, we could live with it. Obama on the other hand has been running 1.5 TRILLION dollar deficits.

Historically, recession life cycle can be predicted. It began in mid 2007 and should have lasted about 20 months. At that point, we should have had an economic rebound of 8% or so to create jobs and compensate for the fall. This has not happened and I put the blame squarely on Obama. Let me explain.

1. The fed is lending banks money at virtually no interest. Since there is no cost to the trillions being printed and loaned out, banks simply purchase Treasury Bonds at 3.5% and pocket the profit. They don't have to lend out any money to business, particularly small business and worry about collection problems and maintenance. They take the profits and invest it in the stock market, artificially inflating the market and creating a new market bubble. Our entire very modest 3% recovery is nothing but an artificial bubble based on money being printed and virtually given away by the Federal Reserve.

2. Obama's war on the private sector to garner populist votes has the business community scared stiff. They don't know what their medical costs will be. They believe a VAT tax and Carbon tax will elevate the cost of their goods. Why should they hire up to any degree when they might be forced to outsource everything but their sales force to keep costs down. Obama doesn't have a clue about this. He has no experience in the private sector and believes that government can solve all problems. As I said before, this will result in a very real decline in 2011 if all his plans become law.

3. I really hate Obamacare on Constitutional grounds. For the first time in history, Americans will be forced to purchase products (in this case, medical insurance) from a private company as a prerequisite for citizenship. If they don't, they will be financially penalized. This is unconstitutional and I believe many aspects of it will be declared to be so.

4. Finally, what really rubs me about Obama is that while he asks for bipartisanship, his 1 1/2 years has shown that he defines this term to mean agreement, not compromise. The 2,500 page Obamacare is a completely partisan abonination. Problems such as pre-existing conditions and people not being able to afford insurance could have been worked out one year ago in a much simpler document of 150 pages that everyone could understand.

I love divided government. I'm a big believer in liberty through gridlock. I don't like either party controling both the Executive and Legislative branches. They go crazy. I look forward to Republicans hopefully taking the House of Representatives. It will redress the balance and sanity might return to Washington. Obama won't like it but he will be forced to do more than listen and go his merry way with a compliant Congress.
  • hyrulien dublin9 2010/05/03 15:29:30
    hyrulien
    I have nothing against a divided form of governemnt keeps debate healthy and out in the open. But did you know that we rank 37th in the world twords health care coverage. And did you know that we spend the most money in health care in the world? Also France is number one in health care by the way. Our healthcare system is not perfect. I have read over much of the health care reform took me about a month. It is very long and boring but. I can honestly say I have my own opinion on it now. And not some news junkie feeding me there take on it. Please if you git the time read at least the sections partaining to you.

http://www.healthreform.gov/h...
    http://findarticles.com/p/art...
  • dublin9 hyrulien 2010/05/03 16:35:24
    dublin9
    We spend more money on medical care than anywhere else in the world for many reasons. First, you get quick, expensive diagnostics beyond anything in the world. Second, most of the R&D is done in America. Third, doctors overtest to cover themself from litigation. There are other reasons too.

That 37th in the world designation is based on nonsense criteria. Let's look at real world situations:

A recent "Investor's Business Daily" article provided very interesting statistics from a survey by the United Nations International Health Organization.

Percentage of men and women who survived a cancer five years after diagnosis:
    U.S. 65%
    England 46%
    Canada 42%

Percentage of patients diagnosed with diabetes who received treatment within six months:
    U.S. 93%
    England 15%
    Canada 43%

Percentage of seniors needing hip replacement who received it within six months:

U.S. 90%
    England 15%
    Canada 43%

Percentage referred to a medical specialist who see one within one month:

U.S. 77%
    England 40%
    Canada 43%

Number of MRI scanners (a prime diagnostic tool) per million people:
    U.S. 71%
    England 14%
    Canada 18%

Percentage of seniors (65+), with low income, who say they are in "excellent health":
    U.S. 12%
    England 2%
    Canada 6%
  • hyrulien dublin9 2010/05/04 17:59:24 (edited)
    hyrulien
    It’s funny that you don’t remember the start of this discussion. See in those (statistics) your pointing out are much fact. But you are forgetting one thing, and that is for example 65% of the people diagnosed with cancer survived, don’t you realize my point? Here my point is that yes our medical services are good. But they are not reaching the mass of the people. We spend/waste the most money in the world yet we reach so few. The reason those statistics are that way in our favor is because fewer people here can afford to go to the doctor because of medical costs. You are in the military so your costs are virtually free. I myself pay over $400 a month for me and my wife. And my benefits with BCBS are so minimal they only cover 75% at the moment. There are plenty of people between 18-26 that do not have health insurance yet have kids or are pregnant.

You should add those statistics to the overall population on how many people actually receive healthcare and you will find. That the reason there survival rate from cancer in UK is lower because of the vast higher amount of people that receive coverage. I am not saying there doctors are better by any means. Just saying they reach more people. Here is a list of the top ranking countries
    http://www.photius.com/rankin...

And p.s England is under UK
  • dublin9 hyrulien 2010/05/04 18:47:41
    dublin9
    Actually, 85% of Americans claim to be very satisfied with their medical insurance. Your claim that "the masses" don't get good medical care is simply wrong. As for myself and my wife, we both use private sector doctors. We use no government services because they are inferior as are most things operated by the government.

As to "pleanty" of young people not being covered, this is their choice. There were times when I was much younger that I chose not to have medical insurance. We used the money for other purposes and that was our choice. Being master of your destiny is something I really love about America. I don't want government telling me what I need or don't need.

Nobody is refused medical care in America. They can always go to emergency rooms. And while they may have to wait in a non-emergency, they cannot be refused.

None the less, I never said that our system couldn't or shouldn't be be. I just don't want it run by a bunch of civil service incompetents.
  • hyrulien dublin9 2010/05/04 19:11:18 (edited)
    hyrulien
    Did you know getting your tonsils removed without insurance is around $6,000.00 and the stay in the hospital is

Rm Two Beds or more $8,230.08, Drugs $758.57, Laboratory Services $346.30, Laboratory Services $516.52, Laboratory Services $235.56, Laboratory Services $578.25, Laboratory Services $73.15, X-Ray Services $229.10, Cat Scan $4,518.51, Emergency Room Services $827.68, Drugs $506.94, Ekg Inpatient $174.81

Totals $16,995.47

And when you add in the cost of the phone and television... That's a grand total of over $17,000.00 bucks for 4 days. That's $,4,250 per day

So one emergency can lead to you having to pay over $20,000.00

Could you imagine that at the age of 18-24? That is most likely what they make in a year after taxes. And even with insurance what is 60% of that? It is still over $8,000.00 they would be billed. Please don’t judge people for needing help just be thankful god has blessed you and your wife.

And my statement about you being in the military with benefits. Now come on I know that you get some form of benefits from the government you did say you are still active duty right?
  • dublin9 hyrulien 2010/05/04 19:24:57 (edited)
    dublin9
    I agree. That's why we need reform by either putting people who can't afford to pay on Medicaid or subsidizing a plan for them. I'm not against this and I'm not against coverage, even government subsidized coverage for those with pre-existing conditions. I just don't want a government run medical system.

As to military, I'm in a Reserve unit. I'm only called up in an emergency because of my special skills. I only use private care doctors and facilities.
  • hyrulien dublin9 2010/05/04 19:43:18
    hyrulien
    No I agree. I completly believe in private care sector. I really urge you to check out the reform and read it for youself. There are private sectors all over it. And it will not force you into changing your insurance. It will just make it harder for them to drop you or refuse coverage thats all from what I have read. I do see how some people are pissed though. Because it has potential to limit medical providers to dicate prices as widely as now. For example SEC. 1202. PAYMENTS TO PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIANS
    http://www.healthreform.gov/d...
  • dublin9 hyrulien 2010/05/04 21:57:48
    dublin9
    It's a very poorly written bill. It limits payments to primary care physicians and even penalizes them when they ask for certain tests. It creates higher medical costs to insurance companies and does not control their rates. This means that the rates will go sky high in 2011. It provides race based quotes for entrance to medical schools. Even more ominous, it inserted a totally irrelevant government control over who gets aid to go to college. That's my objection.
  • hyrulien dublin9 2010/05/05 13:45:23
    hyrulien
    Can you tell me which acts you are talking about?

2014/10/25 23:45:19