Is anyone else tired of hearing about the poor and how it's the rest of our fault that they ARE poor?

Christopher Kirchen 2012/09/22 16:31:58
Related Topics: Hearing, Wealth
A bunch of BS; wealth is CREATED ; it's not a finite pool that only a few can dip into. Sure, it takes drive, and some amount of chance, but anyone CAN be wealthy.

• Mr. T 2012/09/22 16:38:49
    Mr. T
    +3
    The answer is simple: Get off your lazy ass and do something instead of wanting others to do something for you.

• METALheadMom 2012/09/23 04:43:56
    METALheadMom
    Just having the brain power to apply for jobs, make a good impression in an interview, and then DO the job, is something quite a few Americans lack. Some CAN move forward, most choose not to, because we give them enough to live without doing a thing to earn it. NO, gaining wealth is not a position anyone can achieve. To gain wealth, one MUST BE INTELLIGENT, have excellent communication and social skills, as well as ambition. These people don't take chances, they know exactly where they're going.

YES, NOBODY is responsible for creating welfare dependent people. We ARE responsible for FUNDING these people's lives, which I believe, is an expense that NEEDS to be revised immediately!!! BECAUSE I am not responsible for them, I despise the fact that I am forced to give my money to support them!!

I'm NOT wealthy, this economy makes it extremely difficult to be wealthy without a lot of money in the first place. What are YOU doing to become rich?
  • Christo... METALhe... 2012/09/23 13:50:36
    Christopher Kirchen
    I don't feel like I need to; people who want to obviously do, but I could take wealth or leave it.
  • Lily 2012/09/22 18:40:14
    Lily
    I wouldn't say that it's everyones fault but business practices do keep those who are poor, in that place. There isn't enough public housing nor opportunities in these areas, why is that? Why is it okay to disregard those living on the street? These questions have been asked and no real remedy has been instituted, why?
    homeless vet
  • Christo... Lily 2012/09/22 19:15:48
    Christopher Kirchen
    +1
    No they don't; if the poor WANTED to be out of that place they could, but the welfare culture is just something they're used to.
  • Lily Christo... 2012/10/16 00:00:49
    Lily
    Now that is just ignorant and sad. Although I am sure some fit the bill, Veterans do not, children do not, elderly....do not. How sad it must be to have that outlook on your own people (americans)....
  • Sgt Major B 2012/09/22 17:54:51
    Sgt Major B
    +1
    When you need a helping hand, the first place to look is the end of your own arm.
  • Rebel Yell 2012/09/22 17:26:35
    Rebel Yell
    First of all I only hear that on this forum from the Far Rights who insist that is the mantra of the Left. It is not.

There is abundance of opportunities everywhere for the man who will go with the tide, instead of trying to swim against it. Everyone has the potential for success by searching for and embracing the opportunities available to them. If the only opportunities in your neighborhod are shoveling snow and dog walking , you won't become wealthy. Marginal intelligence does not open doors. What the researchers called “chance events” -- inheritances, medical bills, marital status, number of children, investments, etc., dissects the variations of wealth.

Like other major investments, homeownership has a lot do do with wealth accumulation. When you're paying 25% more of your income on housing than the homeowner next door, it should surprise nobody when he builds wealth and you don't.
  • Reichstolz 2012/09/22 16:46:07
    Reichstolz
    +2
    It is much easier for the dependent to continually propose the false premise that I am wealthy because I stood atop someone who is poor. Anyone can do what I have, and YES I SAID ANYONE.
  • munda 2012/09/22 16:45:34
    munda
    +1
    I am all for giving someone a hand but the arm is mine. There have been times I worked two or three jobs to get what I have, I am not rich but I ma not struggling to survive either and I have ZERO debt. I don't like having to work jst so someone else doesn't have to.

Whatever happened to: give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime.
  • JMCC 2012/09/22 16:43:45
    JMCC
    +2
    I am afraid that is not entirely true. There are a finite amount of opportunities, resources and jobs that need to be done.

They cannot be "plucked" from thin air, nor created by those who need them the most.
  • Christo... JMCC 2012/09/22 18:19:45
    Christopher Kirchen
    I never said it was easy; I just said it's the only ethical thing to do.
  • JMCC Christo... 2012/09/22 18:25:43
    JMCC
    +1
    What is more ethical than equal opportunity for all?
  • Mr. T 2012/09/22 16:38:49
    Mr. T
    +3

2014/10/24 09:45:39