Is America ready for a black President?

Politics 2008/03/12 01:53:02
Yes. This is a historical moment and we've never been more ready.
No. Racial tensions are going to prevent this man from ever reaching presidency.
I don't know because...

• YeshuaforPeace 2008/04/08 22:06:34
    YeshuaforPeace
    +8
    We are never ready for something new until it's not new anymore. Someday this questions will sound as silly as are we ready for a Catholic Presidence or an Irish President.

• jtrasap Ayla 2008/04/08 23:48:39
    jtrasap
    +2
    Obama 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  • Mindy 2008/04/08 15:37:45
  • lynn 2008/04/08 14:58:29
    lynn
    +3
    America, at least THIS American, is indeed ready for a black president IF he is the right man for the job. This one is NOT. Obama is a left wing radical who steps over the line of common sense and genuine American values in many instances. My main problem is that he supports gun control, and would actually ban private gun ownership should he feel justified in so doing. This alone is enough to eliminate him from any consideration for ANY office, be it the presidency or otherwise. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that our Second Amendment is obviously the very foundation of all our other liberties. An armed society is a free society, an unarmed society are mere subjugates of the armed government. It's that simple. Obama is a direct threat to our freedom and our Constitution, as is Hillary Clinton. Neither deserve to be in the positions they now hold, let alone the presidency, and the fact that they are the top choices of the Democratic party demonstrates just how far out of touch the Domocrats are with the real (American) world. Give me a presidential candidate who has the true interests of the people at heart, and whose record demonstrates a true understanding of the Constitution and what the Founding Fathers envisioned, and I could care less if he or she is white, black, red, green, or blue. The problem with Obama is, his voting record looks more like a Nazi or a Communist than an American, and THAT is why I reject him.
  • quest 2008/04/08 14:39:17
    quest
    +3
    I am voting for the man, not his color. If he had a small, closed mind, I would have reservations.
  • Pear 2008/04/08 13:59:35
    Pear
    +3
    This would be one of the most ultimate messages to any "underdog" in america. My that "underdog" be black, white, hispanic or handicapped. President Obama would send a clear message to all in America that you can rise no matter what!!
  • maisonfleur 2008/04/08 13:50:56
    maisonfleur
    +4
    no i dont believe it will make anything better at all, if anything it will be worse and more racism will emerge and all out war will begin with the black and white race, its a never ending battle and God forbid if hillary gets in!!!!!!! neither one of them would make a good president so pick someone else!!
  • Meeles 2008/04/08 12:24:39
    Meeles
    +3
    He's the best candidate. Forget his skin color. Forget skin color period.
  • tspoon 2008/04/08 12:13:11
    tspoon
    +3
    Is white america ready to relinquish control? Not just a title. That is the question. I doubt it. Should have happened a long time ago.
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2008/04/08 12:11:55
  • whatever 2008/04/08 11:20:21
    whatever
    +5
    Yes, I think we are ready for any president, HOWEVER I do not think that race and or sex should be the deciding factor as to who we vote for.
  • BIGFOOT 2008/04/08 10:42:18
    I don't know because...
    BIGFOOT
    +2
    He seems to have a good head on his shoulders but I don't think America is ready for him. Just going by his last name will give him a handicap. He, from what I'm told is not a muslim. Gotta remember at this time when we are at war, it doesn't matter. The comments from his pastor don't help him any eother. Maybe if we weren't at war right now, then again when are we not at war with something or somebody, he would have a better chance. For now I say no.
  • debbie 2008/04/08 10:41:51
    debbie
    +3
    I hate that everything has to be about color, a person has to qualify for somethng by what color his skin is. If there was a gay man running for president the world wouln't see it as a problem. Gays have more rights than blacks. Yes, the world can use a black president for a change, there's been a white one. Would it be a problem if he was mexican or chinese? What difference does it make? People need to start seeing people as a color and start looking at them as people.
  • liljoe 2008/04/08 10:29:24
    liljoe
    +3
    I don't want him in, not ready for a muslum yet.
  • jaya m liljoe 2008/12/03 19:15:19
    jaya m
    +1
    He won! Now what you gonna do about that? Move out of U.S. to a foreign country.
  • DrTim 2008/04/08 05:09:15
    DrTim
    +4
    What exactly does "Black" have to do with it beyond your "Racist" inuendo?
  • Islandman 2008/04/08 04:52:08
    Islandman
    +4
    I believe the question should be, is the majority race in America ready for a Black President? last time I took notice, America is a diverse nation made up diverse groups of people. There may be a few blacks that don't think America is ready for a variety of reasons. For the most part however, it is the majority who are mostly concerned. It seems to me that everytime race comes up in this Presidential election, there are lots of people who wants to sweep it under the rug and say it dosen't matter. Well, I regret to have to burst a whole lot of bubbles out there--It does matter in my humble opinion. It is not politically correct to question if Obama is capable of running the country because of his race so instead, they question his patriotism; or how about he's too young; or what about, "he don't have the experience. Very cunning but please give me a break....Vote Obama in November
  • Vic Islandman 2008/04/08 18:27:28
    Vic
    +2
    What is Barack Obama?

by Victor Magilke

I think America is ready for a black president, but not this anti-American racist.
    The recent endorsement of Barack Obama by the Black Panthers raises new questions. Now we don't know if Obama is a Commie, a Muslim or just an un-American white hating racist.
    How could anyone with a little intelligence consider voting for Barack Hussein Obama when Obama's pastor, friend, chief advisor and mentor for twenty years, Jeremiah Wright, has made animus, un-American comments. His Pastor Jeremiah Wright damned white Americans, damned our great country and lied about a host of other atrocities committed by America. For Barack Obama to state that in the twenty years he attended this, so called Christian church, he never once heard this pastor ever make these hundreds of venomous statements, is a blatant lie.
    I fail to understand why the media is ignoring these treasonous and criminal sermons made by Barack Obama's friend, advisor and Pastor for twenty years. New information has surfaced proving that Obama is a liar and witnessed one of the savage exhibitions of anti-American and anti-white primitive rituals by Pastor Jeremiah Wright, in his so called Christian church.
    The animosity promoted by this self proclaimed man of God is criminal. His ha...
    '

'
    What is Barack Obama?

by Victor Magilke

The animosity promoted by this self proclaimed man of God is criminal. His hatred of America, the Jews and White Americans is dismissed in a cowardly way, by Obama, as trivial. Listening to the racist remarks made by Jeremiah Wright for twenty years it would be impossible for Barack Obama not to absorb some of this hatred. The racist is clearly Barack Obama, Michele Obama and his pastor Rev Jeremiah Wright.
    Of the hundreds of animus anti-American sermons made by Obama's pastor, Obama would have us believe that he coincidently was absent on all those days. His pastors comments promoting violence in his statement that blacks were killing blacks instead killing the real enemy, white men, is abominable.
    .
    Russia's Leader Putin is more American and would be a better president than Barack Obama.
  • Meeles Vic 2013/05/28 17:28:56
    Meeles
    You sound like a bigot
  • Grizzer 2008/04/08 04:40:38
    I don't know because...
    Grizzer
    +3
    Collin Powell possibly, but not this joker. I can't stand any of the ones running for president. I hope for someone in a third party to run.
  • Islandman Grizzer 2008/08/04 16:29:34
    Islandman
    +1
    You hypocrites who are trying to fool people into thinking that your take or your attitudes would be different if Gen. Powell of secretary Rice was running is full of crap. You all are a bunch of hypocrites who are never going to ever to give credit where credit is due. In your eyes America is never going to be ready for a black president ever. Some of you may or may not know that it was only a few years ago in our history that black athletes was barred from even being on the same staged white athletes because it was presumed that they wasn't smart enough. I can sense the ignorance coming from some of you and it is largely a result of where you get your information--The TV. My history professor shocked me in college when he said to the kids. "You don't need to read the text book, all you have to do is take notes from my lecture". He never touch on the slavery of blacks in this country even though there was a whole chapter on it. By the way, he was speaking to mostly white kids whose ages ranged from 18-20. I was a much older so I knew better. His statement still resonates in my head today. You all have a choice here. You can continue to be ignorant and keep repeating just what you hear on TV or you can go and catch up on the history of this great nation. It is the only way you'll b...'
    You hypocrites who are trying to fool people into thinking that your take or your attitudes would be different if Gen. Powell of secretary Rice was running is full of crap. You all are a bunch of hypocrites who are never going to ever to give credit where credit is due. In your eyes America is never going to be ready for a black president ever. Some of you may or may not know that it was only a few years ago in our history that black athletes was barred from even being on the same staged white athletes because it was presumed that they wasn't smart enough. I can sense the ignorance coming from some of you and it is largely a result of where you get your information--The TV. My history professor shocked me in college when he said to the kids. "You don't need to read the text book, all you have to do is take notes from my lecture". He never touch on the slavery of blacks in this country even though there was a whole chapter on it. By the way, he was speaking to mostly white kids whose ages ranged from 18-20. I was a much older so I knew better. His statement still resonates in my head today. You all have a choice here. You can continue to be ignorant and keep repeating just what you hear on TV or you can go and catch up on the history of this great nation. It is the only way you'll be able to appreciate our country's most valuable resource--our people and its diversity. This simply means no matter what they look like, sounds like, and no matter if their name is Barrak Obama.
  • Yes. This is a historical moment and we've never been more ready.
    Jerry (Iron Priest)☮ R ☮ P ☮ 201
    +5
    But I sure as hell don't want a liberal president.
  • Ang 2008/04/08 03:37:11
    I don't know because...
    Ang
    +2
    I dont think him being black is the issue i think where hes from is more of a problem..or his nationality.
  • chad gusto Ang 2008/04/08 06:56:53
    chad gusto
    +4
    thats interesting could you tell me without google where hes from?
  • jaya m 2008/04/08 03:33:08
    jaya m
    +3
    He is intelligent and not like most blacks, he is refined articulate, Harvard educated, influential and wealthy.
  • Vic jaya m 2008/04/08 18:38:04
    Vic
    +2
    You forgot to mention that he is also anti-American, anti-White, and anti-Jewish. A very dishonest racist. Race is not the issue for white America.I wouldn't vote for him if he was white.
  • Fae 2008/04/08 03:21:28
    I don't know because...
    Fae
    +4
    I don't believe in the case of "Obama", it's the color of his skin that is in question... it's his Anti-american, racist beliefs HE carries, while continuing to donate to (rev. wright's, trinity church), that is the REAL problem... Obama also continues to support and get support from radical Muslim sources.. These ALONE should be enough to deny his presidency.
  • Islandman Fae 2008/04/08 05:20:56
    Islandman
    +2
    Hey Fae! Are you sure you got those facts correct. If you really wants to get the real scoop on this Jeremiah Wright stuff, check out Dr. Eric Dyson. He will explain it all for Ya. I believe he was on C-SPAN 2 a couple days ago. By the way, I hope you haven't been listening to that propagada stuff they talk about on talk radio.
  • malarky 2008/04/08 02:57:03
    malarky
    +2
    If Obama were elected he would be a one term Jimmy Carter. As for "change", with his lack of a power base about the only thing he could "change" is the White House menu.
  • Randall 2008/04/08 02:21:43
    Randall
    +3
    Obama lacks the experience to be a good president. He speaks like an 18 year old kid telling his parents how stupid they are about the world. In reality he is the naive one. That is Obama.
  • juju Randall 2008/04/08 02:45:49
    juju
    +2
    Randall pleeease give me a definition of who the perfect president would be, because in the end they are all politicians, it doesn't matter if America is ready for a Black president AMERICA NEEDS A BLACK PRESIDENT or hispanic, female Asian, someone new
  • Vic juju 2008/04/08 18:42:49
    Vic
    +1
    You're right. That's why I'm voting for Hillary Clinton. The most qualified candidate.
  • juju Vic 2008/04/09 05:47:02
    juju
    +2
    More power to you Vic, I am not the one to tell you if your decision is right or wrong that is the point of democracy
  • MissQueen Vic 2008/04/12 00:13:24
    MissQueen
    +1
    Vic --sure hope she doesn't get caught up in any sniper fire going up Pennsylvania Ave -- LMBO!
  • Vic Randall 2008/04/08 18:40:56
    Vic
    +2
    He is also a racist and anti-American. The country is in serious trouble. We need an intelligent and strong president.
  • Ga Dove 2008/04/08 02:08:54
    I don't know because...
    Ga Dove
    +2
    I thought Obama was ready, until I read today that he wavers on boycotting China Olympics. Hillary is urging Bush to boycott, and I agree with that.
  • chad gusto Ga Dove 2008/04/08 07:16:53
    chad gusto
    +3
    if our status in the olympic games is your deciding factor for voting
    i hope you don't
    boycotting the olympics would be absurd
    i mean jesse owens won as an african american at hitlers olympics
    the whole world should be there whether or not you agree with them
    its a challenge
    a competition
    and everyone going has been officially warned of the dangers
    it should be a personal choice for those who have worked there lives for it not a boycott
  • Amocanes 2008/04/08 01:38:53
    I don't know because...
    Amocanes
    +2
    Not one who's "just another Establishment hack." A black, pro 2nd Amendment-Conservative-Libert... would have my vote in a heartbeat.
  • Assassi... Amocanes 2008/04/08 01:42:18
    Assassin Felinious
    +1
    Who would you suggest?
  • Vic Assassi... 2008/04/08 18:45:40
    Vic
    +2
    Well certainly not Barack Hussein Obama.
  • Assassi... Vic 2008/04/08 19:11:16
    Assassin Felinious
    +1
    That's avoiding the question -- who do we choose? :)

2014/07/28 10:42:26