Is Alex Jones of Info Wars a fraud? Is any of what he says or has said credible?

Ian 2011/03/28 08:20:12
Related Topics: War, Alex Jones
Some of what has been said by him seems credible, but apparently a colleague of his believes he is an egotistical fraud and some who believed in him have turned away in disillusionment. What do you say and why? Please give proof if you can and try to be objective whatever your opinion of him and his claims.

Read More: http://www.infowars.com/

• Fallout 2011/03/28 12:57:37
    Fallout
    I've never heard him scream, Americans are the most well armed humans
    on the planet. Americas personal gun ownership is over 25%, 25% of
    300 million is 75 million. Americas active military is 1.5 million.
    America has more gun owners than the world has active military.
    "Don't take my word for it, check the facts yourself. It's a matter of public record."

Screaming we're well armed does not fit into the Jones fear for my pocket
    campaign.
  • Tau_Seti 2011/03/28 12:41:20
  • shinnis 2011/03/28 10:14:01
    shinnis
    +1
    I'm glad you posted this question...I've often wondered that myself. Now I can stay tuned and get other peoples intelligent opinions.
  • Zuggi 2011/03/28 09:32:57
    Zuggi
    +1
    The two questions you have up there are mutually exclusive, so I can't answer yes/no.

I remember Alex Jones when he was a public access loon. Not much has changed except his audience size. Still crazy!
  • Ian Zuggi 2011/03/28 09:37:11
  • Ian Zuggi 2011/03/28 11:04:09
  • Zuggi Ian 2011/03/28 11:44:35
    Zuggi
    +1
    I would say yes to that.
  • Ian Zuggi 2011/03/28 12:16:37
  • Zuggi Ian 2011/03/28 12:19:21
    Zuggi
    +1
    He lives in a world of paranoid conspiracy theories.
  • Ian Zuggi 2011/03/28 12:23:57
  • Zuggi Ian 2011/03/28 12:30:46
    Zuggi
    +1
    Obviously, it's impossible for someone to tell only lies. Even a stopped clock, etc....

But I think the majority of his fears are completely and utterly baseless.
  • Zuggi Ian 2011/03/28 12:31:07
    Zuggi

• Ian Zuggi 2011/03/28 12:36:15
  • James Rowntree 2011/03/28 09:14:54 (edited)
    James Rowntree
    +1
    Yes... that some of what Alex Jones says is very credible, while some sounds just crazy...

But the truth is out there... What Alex Jones says about a global elite plotting to take over the planet is very credible and there is evidence for that. Having checked out Alex Jones website

www.infowars.com what is really sad and disappointing are the Comments below each item.

Many of the commenters claim to be patriotic, pro-Constitution Americans... but the same people spew out vicious anti-semitism. These commenters see Israel as a Nazi state, complain that Jews are taking over the world in general, and American foreign policy in particular.

They deny the Holocaust and insist that the faked Protocols of the Elders of Zion are really a Jewish world conspiracy. Hitler would be very proud of these American Nazis.

The mystery for me is this... Why does Alex Jones, who appears to be a reasonable and decent guy, allow these rabid anti-semites to make these vicious and hate-filled comments on his website? The truth is out there... We just need to be careful who and what we believe.
  • QBcrusher James R... 2012/11/12 01:27:29
    QBcrusher
    +1
    I would like to think that he allows all comments, no matter what. The who part of freedom of speech is allowing anyone to be heard, regardless of how ignorant they are.
  • James R... QBcrusher 2012/11/12 14:46:58
    James Rowntree
    Nice sentiment. But inciting genocide is not just an opinion but evil. As Einstein said...The world is a dangerous place, not because of the people who are evil, but because of those who do nothing about it.
  • MichaelRigby 2011/03/28 08:47:00
    MichaelRigby
    +1
    I've never been to infowars website but have seen some of the video's and like they say "Dont take my word for it, check the facts yourself. its a matter of public record". So thats what I do. Obviously some of its farcical but there's truths there that are undeniable, you just have to separate the one from the other.

2014/07/31 09:33:14