Is a video of a woman being beheaded for adultery too graphic for Facebook?

☆ElenaDiamond☆ 2013/05/02 20:15:22

An extremely graphic video showing a woman being decapitated with a knife by a masked man has for the last few days been spreading on Facebook. And although according to Facebook’s current policy the video doesn’t violate graphic content restrictions, the social media site has decided to remove all reported instances as it evaluates the situation.

According to one user sharing the video, the woman is being killed for cheating on her husband.

Joe Newby, who writes for the Spokane Conservative Examiner, reported Facebook spokesman Fred Wolens initially saying the graphic content was allowed to remain on the site because it was being shared in order to condemn it.

“Just as TV news programs often show upsetting images of atrocities, people can share upsetting videos on Facebook to raise awareness of actions or causes. While this video is shocking, our approach is designed to preserve people’s rights to describe, depict and comment on the world in which we live,” Wolens said, according to Newby.

Facebook’s policy regarding graphic content states:

People use Facebook to share events through photos and videos. We understand that graphic imagery is a regular component of current events, but must balance the needs of a diverse community. Sharing any graphic content for sadistic pleasure is prohibited.

But in an emailed statement to TheBlaze, a Facebook’s spokeswoman wrote the site has now decided it will “remove instances of this video that are reported to us while we evaluate our policy and approach to this type of content.”

Read More: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/01/faceboo...

• josephshaffer 2014/06/10 04:21:09
    No, it's no big deal.
    josephshaffer
    Yes t is to graphic but being done it is frightening that one it could be possible that any body could be beheaded maybe even me either by the sword or a guillotine this it is quick, and painless thenwithe a knife.
  • Andy Rodriguez 2013/08/26 02:13:06
    I have this thought.
    Andy Rodriguez
    The Brutal barbarians are paving the way for what is coming in the future. Desensitizing and preparing society for the mass tortures, beheadings and deaths of many. Biblical prophecy continues to come true. The enemies of Christianity will behead as many as they can in private and in public. This is just the beginning of the most terrifying era the world has ever known. In ancient times one would see public executions but now shock entertainment is available to all at the push of a few buttons from the comfort of their own home. Looks like the gladiator games will be embraced and promoted in the near future
  • ruthannhausman 2013/05/30 11:51:26
    I have this thought.
    ruthannhausman
    +1
    While I'd rather it never be shown anywhere, let's be realistic. It happens today and it happens often. (And, personally, I believe it happens for some of the stupidest reasons.) But FB needs to put a warning on it very clearly and those who might be offended or whatever can simply not view it.

But beheadings are going on all the time and some folks need to wake up to the reality of them. Perhaps a quick video look at what it's all about may develop some interest in attempting to end the practice. It is a barbaric practice and it would be very nice if it became a thing of the past, where it belongs.
  • josephs... ruthann... 2014/06/10 03:58:27
    josephshaffer
    +2
    What if i was going to be beheaded the quick, and painless way i would not know why if going to be me oh well.
  • Alashi 2013/05/06 22:02:25
    I have this thought.
    Alashi
    It's reality. You ain't seen nothing, I can guarantee you that!!!! I think we dumb down and hide enough in this society already. What's a little more? You ought to see what gets published overseas and shown on the news. Being stupid can get you killed. Sawing off the heads from those who are alive, male or female, is great fun for the cartels and for the Muslims.
  • mikeyavelli 2013/05/06 20:21:15
    I have this thought.
    mikeyavelli
    +1
    the left adores al jazeera TV, now known as Al Gore Jazeera TV, and they cut off daniel pearl's head on primetime TV and the left cheered. so what's a little sharia justice on facebook already? as long as obama approves, it's OK. like out of the womb baby murders, it's OK.
  • Sunny 2013/05/06 00:24:56
    OF COURSE it is too graphic for facebook.
    Sunny
    Are you f**king kidding me?! what kind of people wold even like this how can even people consider this as no big deal?!
  • Frannin 2013/05/05 20:50:01
    Frannin
    Too obscene to be captured by any sort of camera.
  • arlangi... Frannin 2013/05/23 13:47:18
    arlangia tyler
    +3
    Omg unbelievable
  • Marianne 2013/05/05 17:45:08
    I have this thought.
    Marianne
    Seeing extreme cruelty is traumatising for most well educated people, and children, for instance. Such scenes are propagating disgust, hatred and a lust to kill - reminding much of sick-minded nazism.

Violence is not normal, and such mentality is a crime against humanity! This is no justice, this is sadism! It resembles much gendercide.

When will they consider women as human beings with rights?
  • Marianne 2013/07/28 03:33:53
    +3
    There's videos of men being decapitated all over the internet, this doesn't just happen to women. Search Mexican drug cartel chainsaw decapitation, search room full of decapitated heads, search Mexican family decapitated left on road, That's just decapitations.

There's pictures of men and women who've been skinned alive. I wish I hadn't seen any of this, but now that I have, I have a reason to watch every step I take, and think before I speak. I might even buy a handgun for protection, I really wish this woman had a gun and shot all these people instead of her getting her head cut off.

People think feeding people in Africa will solve global hunger, or waging war in Iraq will bring world peace, yeah, right.
  • Señor Tucán 2013/05/05 16:31:50
    Señor Tucán
    God damn theists.
  • JoLost 2013/05/05 16:11:04
    No, it's no big deal.
    JoLost
    In your face reality. Motivates change.
  • goblue1968 2013/05/05 15:34:10
    goblue1968
    Probably too graphic for Facebook (because of the large population of very young people there), but not too graphic for other websites or cable TV channels which should broadcast this information to as much of the adult American population as possible.
  • Phyllis Murphy 2013/05/05 14:01:25
    I have this thought.
    Phyllis Murphy
    It is ghastly but the reality of these degenerate Jihadists driven by their satanic leaders. This is a grisly death when a knife is used and was used on the news reporter Perl and pictures were all over the news of a Jihadist holding him by the hair of his head, his head pulled out as he took his knife slowly sawing away....Perhaps, lethargic Americans will activate and try to save their country by taking up the american flag on the 4th of July and marching thru the streets of America before Mexicao and Jihadists take over and then we will all be dead or enslaved!
  • Donald Eric Kesler 2013/05/05 07:31:05
    Donald Eric Kesler
    It is too graphic for planet earth.
  • Cocktails 2013/05/05 03:11:03
    I have this thought.
    Cocktails
    It was actually the Mexican drug cartel who supposedly cut the womens head off for snitching.
  • Phyllis... Cocktails 2013/05/06 01:56:01
    Phyllis Murphy
    They do it too! Psycopaths come in many colors and races....
  • Cocktails Phyllis... 2013/05/06 16:33:26
    Cocktails
    Absolutely!!
  • Psychology101 2013/05/05 02:45:13
    Psychology101
    Wait so this is on Facebook and there hasn't been an investigation on this??? There's a video of a woman dead and no one s doing anything about it? This is very sick and disturbing for Facebook to do. Especially if there are tons of kids on there! That's just sickening....
  • Phyllis... Psychol... 2013/05/05 14:04:40
    Phyllis Murphy
    +1
    Hey you complacent people....this could be happening in America and the invasion has already begun as the Jihadists build Mosques all over America preparing for the takeover while the illegal Mexicans continue their 50 year swarm across southern borders taking American jobs while an apathetic Congress watches contemplating illegal votes for their next elections....disgusting...Pick up the American flag on the 4th of July and march in the name of Independence Day and let us take back America before it is too late!!
  • yogiOK 2013/05/05 00:29:50
    yogiOK
    +1
    Apparently other people thought it was too graphic, and he no longer has the video on his profile, although the comments are still there. Hollywood is bad enough, but this is real stuff.
  • HipJipC 2013/05/05 00:12:35
    I have this thought.
    HipJipC
    +2
    It has to be shown. And just to clear the record. Many of these women have done absolutely nothing wrong and won't especially because they fear for their lives on a daily basis. The men can and DO make up any reason that is convenient for the individual as to dispose of them in order to get a newer, thinner and younger model who will eventually "cheat" as well, if you get my drift. When it comes to the entitled male no deed is wrong when it comes to fulfilling their wants and desires first and foremost. This is just an extreme we don't accept in this country. But you can damn well bet it still happens and other methods are used but the killing still happens frequently in this country. Our men kill their wives, girlfriends, significant others and their children just as often and horrendously but we think we're not as bad because it's not done publicly and not accepted and most sane people in our country resort to divorce. I see no difference in the two cultures except for those things.
  • lark 2013/05/04 23:58:36
    lark
    +1
    not a good thing for facebook if someone needs to see that type of thing they can look it up someplace other then that. So many youg people are on Facebook.
  • Nan 2013/05/04 22:28:23
    Nan
    +1
    That's just plain sick!!!!!!!!!
  • Casey 2013/05/04 20:48:42
    Casey
    +1
    who ever did this to her should be arrested! if beheaded people over things like this most people wouldn't have a head wtf? and who records things like this omg!
  • Phyllis... Casey 2013/05/06 02:01:40
    Phyllis Murphy
    Well, well you are behind some of the times in the world....refer to the American Reporter, Perls whol was beheaded on camera as a Jihadist pulled his head back and began sawing unmercifully beheading this innocent man ....would have taken a long, long time to sever the head but hopefully the carotids or jugular veins were severed and he died quickly leaving a pregnant wife in America....
  • Robert Strobel 2013/05/04 20:45:51
    I have this thought.
    Robert Strobel
    +1
    The beheading of anyone is to graphic for any civilized human being!
  • Phyllis... Robert ... 2013/05/06 02:03:10
    Phyllis Murphy
    Well, get ready for it in America as the Jihadist continue their quiet invasion and muslim jihadist mosques are springing up all over America....without monitoring or comment from the politicians...probably getting donations from the muslims for their next geriatric congressional elections....
  • ticlo7 2013/05/04 20:12:43
    I have this thought.
    ticlo7
    +1
    I'm a bit split. On one hand people can be deeply affected by this and there are some very young teens on Facebook, but on the other people should know what really goes on in the world. Some people choose not to see these things.
  • Phyllis... ticlo7 2013/05/06 02:03:27
    Phyllis Murphy
    +1
    You got it! People need to wake up!
  • terryjautry 2013/05/04 19:45:59
    terryjautry
    +1
    it looked real to me. sad seeing someone being killed like that. some people cant handle it.
  • Centrist_Bill 2013/05/04 19:19:33
    Centrist_Bill
    +1
    Considering that fact a ton of kids are on it YES
  • Mrs.B 2013/05/04 19:09:28
    Mrs.B
    +1
    I think it is
  • Zoe Michele 2013/05/04 19:04:20 (edited)
    Zoe Michele
    +1
    I think it is
    The fact that 2,500 people like this video and almost that many shared it is disturbing as well
  • polock 2013/05/04 17:45:35
    I have this thought.
    polock
    +1
    graphic video's have no place on the media site, it just gives Idiots something to think about doing themselves for fun.
  • Korintje 2013/05/04 17:12:54
    Korintje
    +2
    But its good to see that those people stil live in the middle ages with their minds... as stupid as they are.... so we can learn how to deal with them ...
    No, it's no big deal.
    +1
    Maybe then people will realize how perverted these people are!
  • sneekyfoot 2013/05/04 16:29:04
    I have this thought.
    sneekyfoot
    +1
    rag heads must pay in this way! atomic bomb
  • Sunshine 2013/05/04 15:47:44
    Sunshine
    +2
    How horrible! Since Facebook is available to all ages it is URGENT that it NOT BE SHOWN!

2014/10/21 02:28:25