Is a Tattoo a mark of the Beast ??

Phyl *In God i Trust* 2009/08/06 03:20:14
Yes. i believe?
No . i believe?

• Lady Pony 2009/10/28 21:08:09 (edited)
    No . i believe?
    Lady Pony
    +9
    It could be something as simple as a checkmark that is representative of the anti-christ and the beast. simple

• Davidd419 2012/10/26 02:24:10 (edited)
    Davidd419
    How close can you get to the edge of the cliff without falling...
  • isaac karvonen 2012/08/04 23:35:04
    Yes. i believe?
    isaac karvonen
    Ye are the children of the LORD your God: ye shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness between your eyes for the dead.
    (Deuteronomy 14:1)

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."
    (Leviticus 19:28) When the Lord Jesus Christ enters in – the tattoo goes out.

"A faithless Deviant, Tim has been staining skin since the Black Plague. Soon to be one of Satan's leading henchmen, Tim will spread Profane Immorality with each stroke of his Evil machine. . ."

"Liorcifer is a spawn of Satan, brother of Lucifier, Soldier of Darkness, warrior against all that is good and holy. Liocifer has been leaving his mark on flesh since the dawn of time."

There’s no doubt that the cutting and marking of one’s skin [tattooing] is connected to and associated with the satanic and demonic practice of blood-letting.

Throughout history the tattoo bears the mark of paganism, demonism, Baal worship, shamanism, mysticism, heathenism, cannibalism and just about every other pagan belief known. The tattoo has NEVER been associated with Bible Believing Christians. And whenever and wherever, in history Christianity appears – tattoos disappear. The only exception -- 20th century, lukewarm, carnal, disobedient, Laodicean Christians.

A tattooi...

(Deuteronomy 14:1)

A tattooist in many cultures is also a shaman, magick-man, priest or priestess. According to the dictionary a shaman is a "intermediary between the natural and supernatural worlds, using magic to cure illness, foretell the future, control spiritual forces

"The actual tattooing process, which involved complex ritual and taboos, could only be done by priests and was associated with beliefs which were secrets known only to members of the priestly caste. . . Hambly concluded that historically tattooing had originated in connection with ancient rites of scarification and bloodletting which were associated with religious practices intended to put the human soul in harmony with supernatural forces and ensure continuity between this life and the next."
  • Sailor ... isaac k... 2012/10/29 04:35:03
    Sailor Jerry [Proud Libertarian]
    Your God is dead
  • Riley 2011/12/12 17:11:52
    Riley
    Every generation has a "taboo" fad of sorts that gains popularity. Tattoos are becoming more and more acceptable and even less permanent these days. And, depending on your career, tattoos may actually be encouraged.
    With that said, I don't personally feel convicted against getting a tattoo, and I intend to someday. I would already have several if I didn't have three younger sisters looking up to me. I know they wouldn't understand and I don't want to negatively influence them or blatantly disrespect my parents by doing so.
    On the contrary, I see things like cussing and tattoos as society's invention. We have institutions because they are necessary to prevent chaos. Now, this next part might sound entirely contradictory, but bear with me.
    We have laws to protect us and keep us safe; for instance, red lights, stop signs, speed limits. According to Romans 13:1-2, we are to follow these laws as these rulers are appointed by God. Now think back to every time you've rolled a stoplight/sign, went a few miles over the speed limit, etc. That's breaking God's proclamation to obey authority, thus sinning.
    However (and this is where I may leave you perturbed or scratching your noggin), it is my personal philosophy that there is a time and place for everything.
    A few examples:
    ...

A few examples:
    I'm a college kid, right? So, everyone cusses like a sailor around here, as do I, except when I'm around young children/teens, or peers/people offended by it. Cussing is just a word society has negatively altered. Similarly, I underage drink, because I like to have a good beer with my steak or wine during chick flick night. My mother, who is slightly more legalistic in her beliefs is of age and does not drink, because that's her personal conviction. I respect that, which is why I don't drink around her, because it would be distressing to her.
    I digress; as far as tattoos, piercings and things of the like go, it all boils down to politics.
    I think tasteful tattoos are actually very lovely works of art. If you're not strongly convicted against it, and you won't be acting as a [known] stumbling block to anyone else, then I don't see why not. Tattoos have a bad wrap because, until the electric tat gun, it was a highly painstaking process. Once tattoos became more readably available to the average person, the wealthy disregarded it, and sanitation problems became an issue. Now that the tattooing process is significantly better (provided one goes to a reputable artist), there's no reason to be so aghast about it.
    I definitely do not think it is the mark of the beast, especially since there is laser removal and creams nowadays that continue to improve. Not to mention, tattoos can fade on their own. The disparity concerning tattoos is no different than when women began wearing pants, rock and roll music made its hit, or people began dressing more casually for church. At some point, will be questioning another culturally-designated belief. That's the beauty of it.
    However, everyone has their separate convictions (one of mine happens to be scary movies - primarily those that are sadistic or demonic). So, if you really can't stand tattoos, then stick by your beliefs. But maybe take a minute to consider if they're your beliefs or what you've been told to believe.
  • wesyoda 2011/04/19 03:16:43
    Yes. i believe?
    wesyoda
    +1
    Having tattoo is the sign of mocking JESUS and our body. besides,having tattoo is not gonna bring us to heaven. Our body is the temple of Holy Spirit and for Jesus to dwell in us..
    tattoo always looks horrible and scary, thats what satan is.
  • Sailor ... wesyoda 2012/06/25 23:40:23 (edited)
    Sailor Jerry [Proud Libertarian]
    you'd hate my tattoos, then.

Shemhamforash!
    Hail Satan!
  • isaac k... Sailor ... 2012/08/08 18:29:01
    isaac karvonen
    you probebly have the star tatoo as well..this is the mark of the beast..God luck or repent!
  • isaac k... Sailor ... 2012/08/08 18:31:59
    isaac karvonen
    i can tell more of the star tatoo mark..it will be the star of David:) hammered as a mark like a cattle
  • Sailor ... isaac k... 2012/10/29 04:32:12
    Sailor Jerry [Proud Libertarian]
    no, i have this design on my left shoulder blade.
    666 tattoo

and i have this on my left bicep.
    stewed screwed and tattooed
  • JeffMiller 2010/09/06 14:50:46
    JeffMiller
    +1
    I have been researching this for quite some time now because i am strongly considering getting a tatoo. as far as being a mark of the beast... i do not think it is... the mark of the beast cannot be until the beast (satan himself) has actually come upon this earth, the whole 666 thing a lot of people have taken out of proportion because 666 refers to the number of names that the beast has sought and taken. he has taken six-hundred and sixty-six different blasphmeous names for the comming 'mark' the mark itself wil be placed on your forehead or on your right hand. and it will be a mark that if you do not have you cannot 'LEGALLY' Buy, Sell, or Trade anything. with out the mark you cannot even get a paycheck from a 'LEGALLY OBTAINED' job. so at this point in time even if you do get the number 666 tattooed on your skin it cannot be the mark of the beast because, for one you cannot buy, sell, or trade with it, and for two the beast hasn't risin from its spiritual dwelling yet. basically what i want to know is if i do get a tatoo and of course i would not frivously tatoo my skin it would have a personal meaning for me, would it anger the lord our father.... the holiest of holies, god himself
  • JeffMiller JeffMiller 2010/09/06 14:53:11 (edited)
  • jennie4... JeffMiller 2011/11/02 09:07:58
    jennie4life
    +3
    I can't remember the verse but it is forbidden to tattoo in the book of exodus. I wanted to tattoo and talked about it to ma mum since she read a lot the bible and she told me of it being in the bible and i kept it on standby for a while untill she finally got the bible verse. It's unfortunate i can't remember nor even ask her cause she's of late. but one thing i can assure u is that i personally read this. and it was clearly written tattoo. not a synonyme. hope it helps
  • Gee2585 jennie4... 2012/07/06 13:34:51
    Gee2585
    +1
    Jeff its in the first,testament which isnt followed any more the next verse says u cant cut,your beard either so thats not helping me either way ive been thinking of getting 1 for a while i just feel like its wrong but cant prove it so i still want,1 does any 1 has useful info on the topic
  • LV7618534 Gee2585 2012/07/17 09:18:38
    LV7618534
    +1
    Don't get one. I think God loves you no matter what you do, though...Though i'd say they're not necessary...I think they are just marks, you can get a mark from anything, like, if you don't be careful you may get a mark, maybe that is all a tattoo is, not taking care, being silly, not being right...Some people like to be like that, that's free will. I think free will is The Way which is the right thing so all in all, God gave us a life and you can live it how you want and I think all God wants is for you to know that he is there and loves you loads. But I would say DON'T get one...However being black and white about something is always risky as they are extreme opinions but having got a tattoo myself and then started getting it lasered off I did feel that I didn't have to get it lasered and that God still loved me tattoo or no tattoo, that's what I learned. Thomas.
  • LV7618534 Gee2585 2012/07/17 09:20:11 (edited)
    LV7618534
    +3
    Maybe it is a mark of The Beast, I have fallen over, you know, we fall over, we get up, we be brave and carry on...That is life...Surely we all get scarred and marked in life, look at Jesus, he took a few marks before he left Earth, the thing to remember is God loves and he loves everyone and that's what he wants you to do...He...loves...simple...Ev... will be fine. More than fine!
  • LV7618534 Gee2585 2012/07/17 09:22:14
    LV7618534
    +2
    *Everything.
  • isaac k... JeffMiller 2012/08/04 23:17:37
    isaac karvonen
    +3
    One of the oldest and most common satanic practices is cutting of the flesh or blood-letting. The term "blood-letting" originates from the word "let" – "to allow to pass, go or come"; hence "blood-letting" literally means to allow the blood to come, or pass.

Throughout history the cutting of the flesh and blood-letting are rituals performed to unleash demonic and supernatural powers. Because the "life of the flesh is in the blood" [Leviticus 17:11], the blood is highly valued in the occult as the "power source". And by releasing or letting the blood or the "power source" – supernatural power is unleashed.

The Dictionary of Cults, Sects, Religions and the Occult, writes of the power of the blood and it’s connection to Satanism and the occult.

"BLOOD (occult; Satanism). The vitalizing or life-giving agent used in the sacrament of the BLACK MASS. Blood is believed to provide power and life and therefore plays a central part in ritualistic sacrifices."
    (George A. Mather and Larry A. Nichols, Dictionary of Cults, Sects, Religions and the Occult, p.40) There’s no question that tattoos originated from the satanic ritual of blood-letting and cutting of the flesh as described in 1 Kings 18.

In fact, in Leviticus chapter 19 verse 28, where the Lord clearly condemns the tattoo, "Ye shall not...

In fact, in Leviticus chapter 19 verse 28, where the Lord clearly condemns the tattoo, "Ye shall not make any . . . print any marks upon you." Notice what else is included in the same verse. . . Obviously, by the context, the Lord connects the forbidden "marks" or tattoo, – "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh. . ." (more on Leviticus 19:28 later)

(Leviticus 19:28)

The Encyclopedia of Witches and Witchcraft, says of the blood-letting ritual, "Blood that is let is believed to unleash power". By the way,some modern tattoo artists perform rituals during their tattoo procedure in order to unleash supernatural power. Some even lick the flowing blood bubbling from the tattoo.

"blood: Called the "river of life", blood is identified with the soul and is the vehicle that carries the vital energy of the universe through the body. In magic, blood is revered and feared for the miraculous power it possesses and confers. Blood that is let is believed to unleash power."
    (Guiley, Rosemary Ellen, The Encyclopedia of Witches and Witchcraft, second edition, p. 26)

The Word of God in 1 Kings 18 gives a detailed and perverse example of blood-letting by Satanists (aka prophets of Baal) attempting to unleash supernatural power and ignite the fire for the sacrifice.

By far, the most extensive work ever published on tattoos was Dr. W.D. Hambly’s, The History of Tattooing And It's Significance. Author Steve Gilbert, in his popular Tattoo History: A Source Book, writes, "Hambly concluded that historically tattooing had originated in connection with ancient rites of scarification and bloodletting. . ."

"Hambly concluded that historically tattooing had originated in connection with ancient rites of scarification and bloodletting which were associated with religious practicesintended to put the human soul in harmony with supernatural forces and ensure continuity between this life and the next."
    (Gilbert, Steve, Tattoo History: A Source Book, p. 158)

Did you also notice in the above quote, that Hambly also concluded that tattoos were "associated with religious practices"? Hmmm. . . Now I wonder what kind of "religious practices" would practice "blood-letting"? Hint. . . If you forgot, go back and read 1 Kings 18.

Author Gilbert again links the tattoo to blood-letting, and magic. And even gives an enlightening and frightening description of a modern day blood-letting, blood-licking, satanic, tattoo procedure. Notice, the connection to the demonic "spiritual manifestations".

"In northwest Alaska, traditional practices of tattoo and ritually induced bleeding were often related and may have even overlapped to some extent. Around Bering Strait, shamans commonly performed bloodletting to relieve aching or inflamed parts of the body. Nelson watched a shaman ‘lancing the scalp of his little girl’s head, the long, thin iron point of the instrument being thrust twelve to fifteen times between the scalp and skull [which is the identical technique for tattooing] . . It is plausible that the release of blood functioned to appease various ills andspiritual manifestations. For instance, several St. Lawrence Islanders explained to me the importance of licking the blood that was released during tattoo ‘operations’."
    (Gilbert, Steve, Tattoo History: A Source Book, p. 181)

May I again remind you – all this information and documentation are from books promoting and glorifying the tattoo! These are not Christian authors writing with any anti-tattoo slant. But this is hard, documented facts from tattoo artists, tattoo historians and people who endorse tattoos.

You can try to justify and close your eyes to the documented FACTS – but the FACT is – the tattoo is clearly connected to satanic blood-letting.

And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.
    1 Kings 18:28

25 And Elijah said unto the prophets of Baal, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under.
    26 And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.
    27 And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.
    28 And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.
    (1 Kings 18:25-28)

Notice how 1 Kings 18:28 describes this devil-worshipping, self-mutilation, blood-release act – ". . . after their manner. ." In other words, this "blood-letting" was common practice among the prophets of the devil. Blood-letting was a familiar ritual among the prophets of Baal.

It’s also evident from other scriptures that cutting of the flesh or blood-letting was common practice among the pagan, wicked nations.

In Leviticus 21:5 and Deuteronomy 14:1, the Lord condemns such demonic practices.

5 They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh.

6 They shall be holy unto their God, and not profane the name of their God: for the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and the bread of their God, they do offer: therefore they shall be holy.
    (Leviticus 21:5-6)

(Deuteronomy 14:1)
  • anakin JeffMiller 2013/03/23 19:59:00
    anakin
    +1
    Thanks so much for clearing that up for me...I would love to get a lion tattoo on my left arm...and as a firm believer in the most high...I did not want to be placing the mark of the beast on my skin. Ironically the tattoo will be a lion...one of God's revered beast. Your explaination of the real mark of the beast is very scary considering the way cell phone's and technology are heading. When I was younger I didn't think it made any sense but it seems very plausible for the government to create such a mark in order to so call make things easier in our digital world....my God...maybe the end times truly are upon us.
    No . i believe?
    Lady Pony
    +9
  • Viper 2009/10/06 17:29:18
    Yes. i believe?
    Viper
    If you get a pentagram, or the numbers 666, you have cursed ur life
  • Sailor ... Viper 2012/10/29 04:33:41
    Sailor Jerry [Proud Libertarian]
    We dine in hell, then!
  • Nick 2009/08/09 16:33:14
    No . i believe?
    Nick
    +1
    Not at all. The mark of the beast will be the three 6's.
  • kellyelvis 2009/08/08 14:00:12
    No . i believe?
    kellyelvis
    +2
    A tattoo is just body paint that is permanent. lol. Tho u must remember that when ur skin ages so does ur tattoo.
  • mustangluver 2009/08/07 22:33:14
    mustangluver
    Only if it's a 666...LOL
  • Molly 2009/08/07 02:06:39
    Molly
    I do believe that you are not to mark your body, I do not like tattoos. I think it has to be a code or a chip.
  • ugbedeo... Molly 2012/02/25 11:38:03
    ugbedeojo(ThankGod) Matthew
    +2
    Yes it is a mark of the beast and a sign of ant-christ,
  • Kay 2009/08/06 21:29:09
    Kay
    +1
    if it is a tattoo of "666"...I'd say you have a winner there
  • Heather Kay 2009/08/08 04:18:46
    Heather
    +1
    It will not literally be 666
  • Kay Heather 2009/08/12 11:54:36
    Kay
    hey...thanks for clearing that up...it was intended to be bit less serious of a response, however the 666 gig id what most people relate to the "mark of the beast". Like in the movie "the omen"
  • Heather Kay 2009/08/12 13:00:57
    Heather
    +1
    I get you, I did not know people actually thought it would be 666.
  • Toasty 2009/08/06 21:12:30
    No . i believe?
    Toasty
    +1
    A tattoo is a mark that you are an idiot. You may have a dragon on your back right now, but its going to look like a vagina when your skin is wrinkly. If you want a tattoo, have one saying "I'm a dumbass" so you can remember why you had one. I got it from a comedian. Forgot who it was.
  • mustang... Toasty 2009/08/07 22:35:58
    mustangluver
    I beg your pardon, who you calling an idiot? Can you cast the first stone here? I think you should watch your ignorant mouth.
  • Toasty mustang... 2009/08/07 23:53:35 (edited)
    Toasty
    rofl. Why so serious?
  • Pete 2009/08/06 20:18:57
    Pete
    +1
    Leviticus 19:28. Peace be with you....
  • BMurph29 Pete 2009/08/07 00:18:04
    BMurph29
    +2
    Um, way to take a passage completely out of context. Verse 28 and the verses surrounding it are a set of rules given to a particular group of people in order ot stay in the land. This rule forbid them from taking part in the cultural way of mourning back in that day and not meant as a command to those of us who live under God's grace.
    PS. Revelation 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
    KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS
  • Pete BMurph29 2009/08/07 00:31:57
    Pete
    Those are not rule, those are God Commandment. Those particular group are not group but his(God) people. God is Commanding them thing they should not do, and those people are the Israel. However, that include all generation as well. So, that mean you are included. You can do whatever you want with you body but God will not approve of your conduct. "Under God's grace" If that what you believe than be my quest. It your choice and not mind. If you have problems reading and understanding the Old Testament perhaps you should seek Bible study so that you don't go astray...Peace be with you...
  • BMurph29 Pete 2009/08/07 16:42:09
    BMurph29
    +3
    The whole chapter is clearly a set of rules/laws for the Israelites neede to follow to remain in the land. Verse 5, when was the last time you followed that "commandment" and ate your sacrifice on the same day or the the day after? Verse 27, your beard must be really long at this point in your life. I'm not saying that we disregard the Old Testament, but there are clearly laws that God gave to the Israelites that pertained to them at that particular time that if you take out of context are ridiculous today.
  • I quit!!! 2009/08/06 19:59:36
    No . i believe?
    I quit!!!
    +2
    I think the mark is more of a spiritual mark that is not seen with human eyes.
  • Jules I quit!!! 2009/08/06 20:51:18
    Jules
    +1
    That is a strong possibility.
  • Heather I quit!!! 2009/08/08 04:16:41
    Heather
    +2
    No it is clear that it says they will be given a mark from the beast that has to do with the number of his name. It will be in our foreheads or our right hand.

2014/12/20 08:45:35