IRS COMING FOR FAT PEOPLE AND SMOKERS: Being overweight and smoking could be just the beginning of a long list of health sins that will be marked and penalized through Obama Law.

Stop Hillary 2016 2013/05/31 22:18:31

Screen Shot 2013-05-31 at 11.40.02 AM

(Don’t think your health sin isn’t next)

I bet I got your attention. If you don’t smoke, you are probably overweight because a high percentage of Americans are. If you are overweight and smoke, your wallet is about to shrink! It may disappear altogether. This may be the least of your worries.

Being overweight and smoking could be just the beginning of a long list of health sins that will be marked and penalized through Obamacare.

The reality is that 1 in 3 adults still smoke. That’s a lot of people. It’s also a fact that 1 in 3 adult Americans are obese.

If you are 20% over your ideal body weight (which is lower than you might think), you are obese. Obese! I hate that word. I prefer gravitationally challenged, overweight, or stout. I can live with fat.

My doctor of many years ago was thin as a noodle and I was only about 10 pounds over my ideal weight at the time. Yet, he marked “obese” on my chart. I was totally depressed and it altered my self-concept. I even started walking funny. Thankfully, he retired. Now I’m just fat, about 15 pounds over my ideal weight.

The annual health care costs for just these two classes of health sinners is almost one quarter billion dollars. Some of these higher health costs are spread to everyone including the young and healthy.

Starting on January 1, 2014, health insurers will be allowed to charge smokers up to 50 percent more for their premiums. This will translate into thousands of dollars extra per year.

There is another relevant fact: low-income people do smoke more and die more often from smoking. This would mean that their premiums, that they can’t afford in the first place, would necessarily go up. Or, the rest of us will pay for their costs through taxation. I don’t know about you but I can’t even afford my sins much less the sins of others.

Under current law insurance providers cannot charge extra for obesity, but that doesn’t mean the IRS can’t fine people who are obese. There’s that ugly word again.

It also doesn’t mean that Obamacare won’t be amended to include the obesity class of people. There is no limit to what lifestyle or what food or drink that can be scrutinized and regulated.

There are probably very few, if any, who have read the entire Affordable (haha) Health Care Act much less the over 13,000 pages of new regulations. And, there are more on the way. Who could understand all this mess?
Could Americans start traveling to Canada for health care? Our health care system, the very thing that has drawn people to America for decades, may be the very thing to make them think twice about coming.

All the above is bad news. It will affect everyone in one way or another. But, what is most disturbing are the things that will inevitably follow. Government never sleeps. It is always in the process of growing and extending its tentacles. Bureaucrats have to justify their existence so they write regulations.

It does not take a prophet to foresee what will follow the government’s current targeted health concerns. There is no place this cannot go. There is no limit to what items or lifestyles may join the list of health sins. This is a dangerous and authentic “camel’s nose under the tent” scenario.

With the force of law in his arsenal Uncle Sam can pretty much decide to deem anything unhealthy and follow through with taxes, fines, denial of healthcare, or even jail. This, in fact, is where this is going now.

As I have reported in earlier articles, the average citizen does not have a clue, not a clue, as to what Obamacare will mean to them just seven months away. On January 1, 2014, much of the bad stuff begins to take effect. So far, most have enjoyed the good benefits. This was by design so voters wouldn’t feel the pinch before the election.

If Republicans play their cards right, which they rarely do, they will be able to take back the Senate and keep the house in 2014. They must tie the noose of Obamacare securely around the necks of Democrats and keep it there. If this is accomplished, this in tandem with the current scandals makes things bode very well for Republicans in 2014.

When everyone feels the pain of Obamacare Democrats will fall out of favor. When people lose their health care and this is already happening to some, and others lose their favorite doctors, and many will, Democrats will become very unpopular. When mom or dad is denied care because they are too old and possibly die, we may experience a conservative revival.

Don’t feel safe. You may not smoke or be obese. But, you, for whatever reason, your name may be at the top of the next hit list.

The jaws of power are always open to devour, and her arm is always stretched out, if possible, to destroy the freedom of thinking, speaking, and writing. John Adams (1735-1826) – A Dissertation on the Canon and the Feudal Law, (1765)

Read more: http://patriotupdate.com/articles/irs-coming-for-fat-people-a...

Read More: http://patriotupdate.com/articles/irs-coming-for-f...

• ~*~Denai ~*~ 2013/05/31 22:21:40
    ~*~Denai ~*~
    +6
    Can you imagine smokers and overweight people trying to find merciful care in the near future? This health care act is going to look like a very bad movie ...

• TruBluTopaz 2013/06/02 01:32:39
    TruBluTopaz
    +2
    There is no question that this "affordable" healthcare policy is more about controlling us using food, income, housing and whatever else they can grab to do so than health.
  • Wyveryx 2013/06/01 03:31:28
    Wyveryx
    +2
    Don't know about any other fat smokers out there, but we've already been persecuted. If it were possible we'd be crucified and put on public display to show how disgusting and evil we are. This doesn't change anything.

But I would like to add that if I'm to be subjected to such treatment I'd like to at least have my tax dollars back.
  • moknowsky 2013/06/01 03:16:48
    moknowsky
    +1
    Ayatollah 0bama sez: "Soylent Green is people"..
  • moknowsky 2013/06/01 03:14:02
    moknowsky
    +1
    Ayatollah 0bama sez: "Soylent Gree is people!"
  • Outlaw Younger 2013/06/01 03:06:02
    Outlaw Younger
    +3
    I'll smoke another cig, drink a cold beer and the IRS and all others can kiss my ass.
  • Ozzyboy 2013/06/01 01:50:57
    Ozzyboy
    +2
    Your story about your dr hit home. The overweight nurse always managed to add an extra 5 lbs to my chart out of spite. The first few times I thought I was imagining it but a few more times proved my suspicions. Wrong political party will also be a way to charge more. The IRS scandal comes readily to mind.
  • dubbie 2013/06/01 01:21:16
    dubbie
    +2
    The IRS is coming after everyone who doesn`t suck up to democrat policies and their embezzlement scheme.
  • Kane Fernau 2013/06/01 01:07:23
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    Lying S.O.B.S's!!! No pre-existing conditions my ASS!!!
  • BritPunk 2013/05/31 23:16:45
    BritPunk
    +1
    Nothing new, insurance companies have taken obesity and smoking into their calculations for years.
  • Justagirl 2013/05/31 23:15:40
    Justagirl
    +3
    Let's not forget the alcohol and drug users, sexually promiscuous?penalty! ...*rabble, rabble*
  • Dwight 2013/05/31 22:39:23
    Dwight
    +3
    But Michael Moore will be okay.
  • Mamaknows 2013/05/31 22:35:36
    Mamaknows
    +2
    It will end very badly for our country.
  • Walt 2013/05/31 22:24:29
    Walt
    +5
    Yes, it's all about control. After 0bama's 'Affordable Care Act' was passed, it didn't take long for us to see that we just can't afford it.
  • ~*~Denai ~*~ 2013/05/31 22:21:40
    ~*~Denai ~*~
    +6
  • LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH 2013/05/31 22:20:17 (edited)
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +4
    I DON'T SMOKE NOR DRINK OR OVERWEIGHT, DO I GET ANY DISCOUNT?
  • Ozzyboy LADY LI... 2013/06/01 01:47:51
    Ozzyboy
    +2
    Depends on how you voted and what party you belong to! Wrong party and you will get charged even more. Ask that party group.

2014/11/22 10:20:24