Irish and US Citizens (including former Congressman Cynthia McKinney) Kidnapped by Israeli Navy. WHY IS THE US NEWS NOT COVERING THIS

Feck Sodahed 2009/06/30 21:32:39
Because the US supports the Thug Stae of Israel...screw Cynthia McKinney
Because the media is not done exploiting Michael Jackson's Death
Because Mark Sanfords sexcapades are more exciting
I don't know ...but I'M OUTRAGED!
Irish Citizens and Former US Congressman Cynthia McKinney kidnapped by Israeli Navy, Free Gaza boat taken over

The Free Gaza boat 'Spirit of Humanity' has been boarded by the Israeli Navy, that all passengers and crew have been arrested, and that the supplies they were bringing (medicine, toys, olive trees and cement) have been confiscated.

Among those kidnapped are two Irish citizens - Nobel Peace Laureate Mairead Corrigan Maguire and the ship's first mate Derek Graham (a member of the IPSC). Also kidnapped is former US Congressperson Cynthia McKinney.

The team were kidnapped in international waters while trying to enter Gaza. There has been a lot of media coverage in the recent past about Somali Pirates - well this is an act of Israeli State Piracy, an attack on an unarmed boat of human rights advocates and the capture of urgently needed supplies.

If you have any contacts in the media please try to get them to cover this story, looking at the websites of the major media outlets, the only one that has a story about this outrage is Ireland Online. This is a disgrace.

PRESS RELEASE FROM FREE GAZA MOVEMENT
=====================================

ISRAEL ATTACKS JUSTICE BOAT; KIDNAPS HUMAN RIGHTS WORKERS; CONFISCATES MEDICINE, TOYS AND OLIVE TREES

[23 miles off the coast of Gaza, 15:30pm] - Today Israeli Occupation Forces attacked and boarded the Free Gaza Movement boat, the SPIRIT OF HUMANITY, abducting 21 human rights workers from 11 countries, including Noble laureate Mairead Maguire and former U.S. Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney. The passengers and crew are being forcibly dragged toward Israel.

“This is an outrageous violation of international law against us. Our boat was not in Israeli waters, and we were on a human rights mission to the Gaza Strip,” said Cynthia McKinney, a former U.S. Congresswoman and presidential candidate. “President Obama just told Israel to let in humanitarian and reconstruction supplies, and that’s exactly what we tried to do. We're asking the international community to demand our release so we can resume our journey.”

According to an International Committee of the Red Cross report released yesterday, the Palestinians living in Gaza are “trapped in despair.” Thousands of Gazans whose homes were destroyed earlier during Israel’s December/January massacre are still without shelter despite pledges of almost $4.5 billion in aid, because Israel refuses to allow cement and other building material into the Gaza Strip. The report also notes that hospitals are struggling to meet the needs of their patients due to Israel’s disruption of medical supplies.

“The aid we were carrying is a symbol of hope for the people of Gaza, hope that the sea route would open for them, and they would be able to transport their own materials to begin to reconstruct the schools, hospitals and thousands of homes destroyed during the onslaught of "Cast Lead”. Our mission is a gesture to the people of Gaza that we stand by them and that they are not alone" said fellow passenger Mairead Maguire, winner of a Noble Peace Prize for her work in Northern Ireland.

http://current.com/items/90308541_kibnapped-israeli-occupatio...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/30/cynthia-mckinney-on-...

http://iol.breakingnews.ie/news/ireland/irish-citizens-face-a...

• apachehellfire65 2009/07/03 16:08:47
    apachehellfire65
    +2
    because they violated a naval blockade after being warned not to. they were not kidnapped they was arrested like the criminals they are.and the gov isnt involved because mckinnys actions were those of a private citizen.
  • Feck So... apacheh... 2009/07/03 16:25:43
    Feck Sodahed
    Not true. They violated nothing. Israel violated several International Laws.
  • bjennings apacheh... 2009/07/11 04:16:39
    bjennings
    +1
    Israel is a disgusting state. They broke the law in kidnapping Cynthia McKinney. They must have forgotten how they were once a people without a home country. They are a bunch of thug leaders who are dishonest and liars! I wouldn't trust an Israeli leader to tell me if it was raining outside!
  • bjennings apacheh... 2009/07/11 04:18:56
    bjennings
    +1
    Iran will have Nuclear weapons soon, we say that they are the big threat, I wonder how many innocents died at the hands of Israel. It makes Iran seem safe to me compared to their actions.
  • Feck So... bjennings 2009/07/11 10:21:15
    Feck Sodahed
    I agree. I'm not afraid of Iran ...it's the thug state Israel that I fear.
  • Theodon Feck So... 2009/07/17 15:42:41
    Theodon
    +1
    Would you like to immigrate to Iran?

You are not gay, Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, or atheist, are you? You may have a hard time there if so.

And, be sure to go out fully covered in clothing; you would not want to excite any man unnecessarily there. Bad things happen to strong women there.
  • Feck So... Theodon 2009/07/17 15:47:34
    Feck Sodahed
    No I would not want to immigrate to Iran. But I wouldn't want to immigrate to Israel either. I don't want to live in a theocracy. And I see how the Israel treats the Palestinians. No thank you!
  • Theodon Feck So... 2009/07/17 15:53:58
    Theodon
    But, as a strong independent woman, you would feel safer in Iran than Israel?
  • Feck So... Theodon 2009/07/17 15:55:30
    Feck Sodahed
    I would feel equally unsafe in both Israel and Iran.
  • Theodon Feck So... 2009/07/17 16:05:39
    Theodon
    +1
    Under Islamic law in Iran you as a woman can be severely punished if you are alone with a man not your relation.

I am neither Jewish nor Christian but I have driven extensively over Israel in a car visiting historical sights.

Trust me on this, women, gays, Christians, and atheists abound and all are safe. There are a few extremely religious hoods where you may want to cover your arms and legs but there are plenty of signs in English warning you to do so. They won't kill you but they might spit on you.

If you are an Arab, you could be questioned if you act suspiciously or are carrying a bundle. Something about suicide bombings, you know?
  • Theodon bjennings 2009/07/17 15:34:54
    Theodon
    +1
    You would not say you prefer Iran if you were a homosexual.

Iran has a miracle cure for that.

There are no homosexuals in Iran, you know.

For that matter, there are not many Jews or Christians in Iran either.

I am not gay but there is nothing wrong with it.
  • Feck So... Theodon 2009/07/17 15:44:32
    Feck Sodahed
    I am not afraid of Iran militarily like I am of Israel. I didn't say I agree with Iran's social policies....like homosexuality. But then ...I don''t agree with California's bigoted Prop 8 either.
  • Theodon Feck So... 2009/07/17 15:56:55
    Theodon
    +1
    You would compare the stoning and killing of homosexuals in Iran to the democratic vote of Prop 8 to limit marriage to a man and woman?
  • Feck So... Theodon 2009/07/17 19:25:29
    Feck Sodahed
    To pass Prop 8 means there's a lot of hateful people who are homophobes... and all are capable of hate crimes.
  • Theodon Feck So... 2009/07/17 23:48:15
    Theodon
    i guess this conversation now has little to do with the subject of this blog

but if was gay, i guess i would settle for the hateful state of california over the blessings of living in iran
  • Theodon apacheh... 2009/07/17 15:51:49
    Theodon
    I am with you in your response but you have an impossibly long name.

This is a "when did you stop beating your wife" question site and I cannot vote.

If the first question was "Because the US supports the ......... State of Israel...screw Cynthia McKinney "; then I could vote for it but the author of the question is biased as he or she adds "thug" to Israel.

He or she gives no chance to vote for a neutral "none of the above" but adds "I am outraged" to the none of the above. The author of this site is dishonest and prejudiced and does not allow for a unbiased vote and response.
  • artist1963-Progressive Patr... 2009/07/03 06:21:38
    artist1963-Progressive Patriot for Change
    +1
    Hours of media coverage regarding MJ is more important then THIS I suppose. These things were obviously meant for civilians so why can't they be left ALONE? It's not like the boat was delivering arms to the Palestinians.
  • Mr. Basket 2009/07/01 23:17:16
    Mr. Basket
    +1
    MJ...didn't you know he died?!
  • Archer ~ The Limit Break of... 2009/07/01 23:08:39
    I don't know ...but I'M OUTRAGED!
    Archer ~ The Limit Break of PHAET
    +1
    Israel has gotten far too big for its britches.

Since when does our supposed 'ally' attack one of OUR ships? Yes, Obama is treating Muslim countries on equal footing with Israel, but that's how it SHOULD have been all along!

We gave Israel special treatment. Now see how it reacts like a petulant child when that treatment becomes more even-handed.
  • 310958 2009/07/01 13:57:51
  • Dionysus 2009/07/01 12:11:16
    Dionysus
    He is dead we get it
  • Steford doesn't follow 2009/07/01 11:52:51
    Steford doesn't follow
    WHEN< are we ever gonna get over the pedophiles death? I'm so sick of it I could Puke! As for this article, This is the first I heard of it, so I don't know anything yet. It sounds like somebody meddling in someone elses biz.
  • ishqboli 2009/07/01 10:22:04
    ishqboli
    +2
    because since israel is our ally against the "evil muslims", saying anything against them would make us anti-semetic or would mean we are supporting the muslims. of course, muslims have nothing to do with this, but that´s all we seem to care about.choosing sides and kicking ass.
  • Feck So... ishqboli 2009/07/01 10:42:20
    Feck Sodahed
    +1
    Very true. Just like it was okay to support Osama bi Ladin and funnel money into the Muhadajeen back in the eighties... and it was okay to support Saddam Hussein in the Iran/Iraq War.
  • Sir Bud. 2009/07/01 09:23:17 (edited)
    I don't know ...but I'M OUTRAGED!
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    Wow thats been a well kept "guarded secret"!!.The Israeli Navy do a lot of Piracy though as we know,due to their land,sea and air "DONT love thy neighbor politics"!!.LOL.
  • Feck So... Sir Bud. 2009/07/01 10:44:34
    Feck Sodahed
    +1
    Yes they certainly do! Just look back at the USS Liberty travesty. If you get a chance watch the BBC documentary "Dead in the Water".

This is the 1st of 7 parts.
  • Sir Bud. Feck So... 2009/07/01 12:36:19
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    "Oops,one of our torpedos are missing".
  • I am Nearl 2009/07/01 07:13:53
    I don't know ...but I'M OUTRAGED!
    I am Nearl
    +1
    This is kind of a dumb question, no offence at all. But what it really comes down to is the media only shows what "it" wants to. I mean, there's just a lot of obvious reasons.
  • aneed2know 2009/07/01 06:54:48 (edited)
    I don't know ...but I'M OUTRAGED!
    aneed2know
    Isreal is wrong on this one and so much more, but in a way they are doing what is in the best interest of their people unfortunately when they do this they dam others to a life on the edge. A double sword i guess, the only way to understand this issue is to be honest about History and particularly the History of this region.

I wonder what GOPers are saying now about this, they are so concerned about freedom and rights they shoud be all over this? Apac controls our goverment and until we stop all mega interest groups nothing will get done.
  • Feck So... aneed2know 2009/07/01 10:46:36
    Feck Sodahed
    You wonder what GOPers are saying about this? Take a look at the comments below. If they aren't denying it...they're cheering for the thugs.
  • freedomisastateofmind 2009/07/01 04:43:53
    freedomisastateofmind
    well? im i wrong? arent a large percent of news channels owned by jews? and trust me im all for you jews i just dont like your food but you guys have some awesome games but not the food...
  • Feck So... freedom... 2009/07/01 10:49:27
    Feck Sodahed
    The news media is owned by Zionists.
  • Theodon Feck So... 2009/07/17 16:41:37
    Theodon
    but our universities are owned by the chomskys, the finklesteins, and the churchills so it is a matter of time before you take over the media as their students come into their own and take over the media, the universities, and the government

things will get better for you and then we can give our support the arab democracies like the pa, libya, egypt, syria, the kingdom and the persian democracy of iran
  • Jodi 2009/07/01 03:53:05
    Jodi
    +1
    Because the US does not care about that. They don't want any people to think Israel could ever actually be in the wrong.
  • alicat 2009/07/01 03:51:18
    I don't know ...but I'M OUTRAGED!
    alicat
    +1
    I really don't care. If people want to go on a "humanitarian" mission then they need to be ready for the consequences. Considering the main ruling party of the Palestinians are terrorists I have no problem with Israel confiscating anything that helps them. Humanitarian aid wouldn't be needed if Hezbollah stopped firing missiles into Israel and sending human bombs into Israeli cities, but a lot of people here in the USA and Europe seem to forget this. I came to the realization a year ago that anti-semitism is alive and well in the world and especially in the US Capital. God help us all.
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2009/07/01 03:12:11
    I don't know ...but I'M OUTRAGED!
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +1
    Heard about this on democracy now.
  • X Weatherman 2009/07/01 02:51:24
    I don't know ...but I'M OUTRAGED!
    X Weatherman
    +3
    I saw a taped speech about it on Democracy Now.
    The Israelis are some of the most ruthless and bloodthirsty people on Earth ... haven't you ever read any of the OT.

... and we made them one of the of the most powerful...

Can't help but think of a quote by Mark Twain ... "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
    They are taught, almost from birth, that they are better than the rest of the world ... and our ridiculous fixation on the Jesus myth only fans their flames.

Cynthia is good people ... forget Hillary, and Barrack .... you want honesty and integrity .... instead of sound bytes and a knife in the back ... take a little time to research Cynthia's stand on the issues.

X
  • Jodi X Weath... 2009/07/01 03:54:17
    Jodi
    +1
    I am so glad you said all of that.
  • Feck So... X Weath... 2009/07/01 10:54:11
    Feck Sodahed
    Cynthia has been involved in a lot of good causes. And the Green Party is too. It's unfortunate that we're still a two-party system and the third parties have no chance for a shot at the presidency.
  • X Weath... Feck So... 2009/07/02 21:54:11
    X Weatherman
    +1
    I don't know ... one of these days the third party will get their shot ... when they get their shot ... till then they will be 'dissed' because the people doing the 'dissing' are getting their bread buttered by one or the other of those two parties ... it is long past due. Is there any doubt they have candidates that score much higher on the 'REAL' scale than any on the two other parties rolls.

X

2014/10/20 11:34:13