Investment Banker Charged With Hate Crime

★~DoctorWhoGuru~★ 2012/03/03 01:05:25

An investment banker was charged with a hate crime Wednesday for allegedly stabbing a cab driver of Middle-Eastern descent after a dispute over the fare from Manhattan back to the banker's multimillion dollar home in Darien, Connecticut.

W. Jennings Bryan turned himself into police Wednesday for the December 22nd incident. Charged with "second-degree assault, theft of services and second-degree intimidation based on race or bigotry" for allegedly calling the cabbie racial slurs, The Stamford Advocate reports, he was released on $9,500 bond and is expected in court on March 7th.

Jennings's lawyer, Gene Riccio, claims his client was a "victim of abduction."

"We have a serious disagreement with the facts as portrayed by the cab driver," Riccio said, and called it "mind-boggling" that the driver hasn't been charged.

Read More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/02/william-bryan-jennin...

• HelmetGirl 2012/03/03 14:31:40
    HelmetGirl
    +1
    I'd laugh if this wasn't a case where one of them could have seriously injured the other. Anyway, I know where Darien is and I think the cabbie deserved the fare. Obviously the banker was unable to take a train home for some reason. A little inebriated perhaps? Now Mr. Millionaire is going to have to pay large sums of money because he's about to get sued. I'm sure he's regretting his actions now.
  • Elephant Lord 2012/03/03 01:28:18
    Elephant Lord
    +1
    Wow. I hope the court makes the right decision.

2014/09/02 12:20:28