In your opinion is Welfare Fraud a HUGE problem?

Drue-AFCL 2013/01/08 06:06:25
Related Topics: Welfare, Huge

• uguess 2013/01/08 17:58:37 (edited)
    uguess
    +9
    The voters are in “La La” land.even a 3rd grader can see the fallacy of this
    and, of course, the number of states will continue to grow until the bubble burst
    it would appear we are doomed and past the point of no return

These 11 States now have More People on Welfare than they do Employed!
    And Surprise-Surprise!!! 7 of these States voted for Obama.
    This Just Proves that The Majority of Americans have No Intentions of Making a Better Independent Life for Themselves and their Families and are content Living on The Tax Payers Dime for Eternity!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/b...

WELFARE STATES

• DS 2013/04/17 17:57:59
    DS
    Welfare and Entitlement Benefits are the drugs and career politicians are the drug dealers. What's the single easiest way to perpetually maintain a self-serving career in politics? Keep handing out EBT, Section 8 housing, Cash Assistance, Cellphones, Health Insurance, etc like candy to the uninspired and lazy American sheep who will give you your vote so they can keep beating the system while avoiding work and any type of responsibility or accountibility. What a fine country we live in. We should be ashamed of ourselves.
  • Bronar 2013/01/25 16:54:23
    Bronar
    Wait till Obama makes all the ILLEGAL aliens citizens. They broke the law coming here, and work undocumented, think some (or most) will not try to get more out of the system?
  • Flowers 2013/01/25 15:10:19
    Flowers
    Too many take advantage of the system, lie to get what they want. I personally think we should also stop giving welfare programs to people who can't speak English.
  • Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2013/01/24 04:35:25
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    Food stamps is less than 1% of the spending budget; welfare as a whole is a little less than 10%.

Why constantly complain about something that should be at the bottom of your list to deal with at the moment?
  • Kozmo 2013/01/10 21:05:30
    Kozmo
    Just employ MERITocracy on the recipients. In actuality, it's the least deserving that are siphoning off the most from the system. Most able-bodied & minded users are only on for a short time and not very often. It's the career parasites that are spoiling it for everyone else and being human, most people GENERALIZE the Bad & are Apathetic &/or ignorant of the Good.

Up here, it's SINGLE MOTHERS that are consuming 75% of the entire budget, this "Culture" (an over-reaction of Woman's Lib) should be discouraged. Many (most?) of them have "issues" with past relationships and are 'imprinting' this Bad KARMA onto their children with Big Pharma, Psychiatry & Insurance making 'A Killing on their Bad Living'.

Big Medicine, Legal & Enforcement are also complicit.

"Don't let a few bad apples spoil the entire basket"
  • Erok 2013/01/10 08:52:06
    Erok
    +1
    Abso-freakin-lutely !!!!!!
  • Captain-Morgan 2013/01/10 01:34:24
    Captain-Morgan
    +1
    As long as Obama is President the problem will never be solved...
  • BILL 2013/01/10 00:19:09
  • Maleficent 2013/01/09 22:21:01
    Maleficent
    +1
    fraudry with anything is a huge problem.
  • Swampdog PWCM 2013/01/09 22:03:01
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    Welfare, EBT cards, section 8 housing, Pell grants, and affirmative action all need to go. They favor one race over all other races in America.
  • MadamJenny 2013/01/09 18:18:47
    MadamJenny
    +1
    If the system pushed for more restrictions it would not be as appealing to those who choose to abuse the system. Cash should not be allowed, all money given should be on a debit card with restrictions on what can be purchased and no ATM ability. Food stamps should go back to only being used to purchase basic necessities, if you can't cook learn, don't whine about not being able to purchase microwave meals. When it comes to returns it has to go back in their account, no cash. If I had to give up being able to return an item without a receipt I would be fine, just to know welfare recipients cannot try to return items without a receipt. People abuse the system because, there is no real regulation on it. They are pretty much granted the freedom to spend as they wish and know if they do not marry the father of the baby they get more as a single mother and if they keep having up to five children they get even more benefits. In that particular case those children lose out, to parents who looked at them as a dollar sign rather than a soul that should be cared for and protected.
  • Kozmo MadamJenny 2013/01/10 21:08:00
    Kozmo
    +1
    Exhibit A: OctoMom
  • Maj. C. D. Hardy 2013/01/09 06:58:55
    Maj. C. D. Hardy
    +2
    Those who don't want to work will always find a way to work the system.
  • Kozmo Maj. C.... 2013/01/10 21:26:07
    Kozmo
    MERITocracy, if you only use briefly and on occasion, no problem (as most 'ables' are).
    It's the career parasites that should have restrictions and be scrutinized .

It's SINGLE MOTHERS that are taking the Lion's Share & be given non-liquidable aids as well as mandatory contraception, this sounds mean, but if they persist on having more children, no increase forthcoming and have their tubes tied as a prerequisite for continuation.

The State's purse trumps Providence as Man's paying the Bill.
  • Maj. C.... Kozmo 2013/01/11 06:43:19
    Maj. C. D. Hardy
    +1
    I could not agree with you more.
  • Rick 2013/01/09 05:38:38
    Rick
    +1
    Way to much fraud from and even from illegals that should not be elgible. then again we let people in and they can bring in their family members that can get it and SS. WTF!
  • mustangluver 2013/01/09 05:25:54
    mustangluver
    +1
    Oh very much so..There should be a one yr limit on welfare and no rent subsidy.
  • Bonita Colley 2013/01/09 02:17:17
    Bonita Colley
    +4
    Was just reading a couple days ago about welfare cards being used in strip clubs etc. When people pay for food with welfare just pisses me off to see them with an expensive cell phone and driving a car I could never afford! I have been to 3rd world countries and seen people living in a chicken coop, then I see our "poor and needy" and it makes me puke!
  • JET 2013/01/09 02:03:04
    JET
    +2
    Yes, I think the level is probably equal to tax fraud. It seems that the obama administration is too busy doing whatever and only selectively enforces collections.
  • MsDianna 2013/01/09 01:43:22
    MsDianna
    +2
    yes! if you able physically and mentally able to work you should. we need to take care of the elderly, children and people who are sick and can't work.
  • Kozmo MsDianna 2013/01/10 21:37:58
    Kozmo
    I'm on Disability (autism) but do about 60 hours a month volunteering at several churches (& a mosque) around town to keep my IDLE HANDS busy. Also circulating around this many people may land me some (short or long term) work, good advertising.

Started volunteering at a food bank some years ago and that motivated me enough to land a full-time job for almost three years (had to leave due to arthritis and the shop went Union so I was in the cross-hairs already). Maybe some freelance (I DECLARE my income) or counseling work with other outcasts of society may be in my cards.

Better than sitting home all day feeling sorry for myself, keep up the momentum!
  • jere.chievres 2013/01/09 00:11:03
    jere.chievres
    +4
    Very much so.
  • Mo 2013/01/09 00:03:06
    Mo
    +5
    Fraud and abuse is what gives it a bad rap and it also means those funds aren't available for legitimate users. In my experience, people who work their asses off and resent being taxed to death to support the cheats, are also not averse to helping those who genuinely need it.
  • Joves the Instigator 2013/01/09 00:00:05
    Joves the Instigator
    +4
    Fraud throughout all government programs is rampant, that is the problem, we have the thieves watch over the other thieves.
  • joe keeney 2013/01/08 23:59:47
    joe keeney
    +6
    When I had a bar a lot of siders who had helplers were on welfare. They get food stamps and check in those days that pay the rent and utility . they worked under the table for cash.Thats still going on today.
  • illinoyed joe keeney 2013/01/09 01:17:53
    illinoyed
    +5
    The problem is employers paying them under the table in cash, especially if they know they're on welfare.

Both the payers and the payees are crooks.
  • joe keeney illinoyed 2013/01/09 01:54:57
    joe keeney
    +3
    As they drink together.
  • illinoyed joe keeney 2013/01/14 08:07:07
    illinoyed
    +2
    Could be. But BOTH need to be prosecuted.
  • Kozmo illinoyed 2013/01/10 21:43:51
    Kozmo
    +1
    Up here, an EMPLOYABLE person gets only $180/mo. (after MAX $380 rent), so if they persist on being in the public trough, it's likely they're in the Clandestine Economy.

Ironic that the Bosses bitch about taxes but yet they're perpetuating the system,
    classic Orwellian DOUBLE-THINK
  • rustyshackelford 2013/01/08 22:57:19
  • mustang... rustysh... 2013/01/09 05:28:25
    mustangluver
    +2
    Yes, it doesn't work anymore.
  • DuncanONeil 2013/01/08 22:12:49
    DuncanONeil
    +5
    As is all the pork that Congress tries to hide in high minded soundingly titled bills!
  • SIMPATTYCO 2013/01/08 21:10:29
    SIMPATTYCO
    +5
    Any Government Entitlement program is full of fraud! We could cut spending by going after the cheaters!
  • Fundy 2013/01/08 20:53:42
    Fundy
    +2
    I chose no, not because I don't believe it isn't a problem but because I honestly don't know how big a problem it is. Does anyone have any official stats that show for example what the percentage of federal spending is actually spent fraudulently on welfare? I don't know for sure but I would bet it's a very small portion of overall spending.
  • john.ne... Fundy 2013/01/08 21:44:56
    john.newell.771
    +6
    Unfortunately the government doesn't want to know those numbers, so we are left to figure it out ourselves. Gallup has been asking Americans this question (how much government spending is waste & fraud) since 1979. Since it is the taxpayers money, they might be the best to ask. In 1979 people thought it was 40% of every dollar, today it is 51% of every dollar. We are spending at a rate of 6.3 trillion dollars this year so almost 3.2 trillion dollars is being wasted. Some wise SOB said recently, "we don't have a spending problem". I think that might be true - we have a stupidity problem.
  • Fundy john.ne... 2013/01/08 22:10:36
    Fundy
    +2
    Fraud maybe but the welfare system doesn't spend 51% of the budget thus it would be impossible for that much to be welfare fraud. You are correct however that finding info is very difficult. Thanks for responding.
  • john.ne... Fundy 2013/01/08 22:22:28
    john.newell.771
    +4
    It is even more difficult because welfare spending usually goes through the state and each is different. I'd think the rule of thumb would remain constant, in that half of all government spending is waste and fraud, in any program.
    .
  • Fundy john.ne... 2013/01/09 01:17:48
    Fundy
    Again I really wouldn't know but I don't know that 50% of all spending is spent fraudulently. I don't think you are being dishonest I just am not sure if you know for sure either. You are correct that it gets even more convoluted by involving the states as well.
  • mustang... Fundy 2013/01/09 05:32:06
    mustangluver
    +2
    I have 4 friends that are social workers and i can assure you the fraud is huge.
  • jere.ch... Fundy 2013/01/09 00:13:03
    jere.chievres
    +2
    Keep drinking the kool-aid!

2014/04/25 08:26:00