In the wake of the Sandy Hook Shootings on Friday, do YOU think guns should be banned?

HatinOnHaters;~} 2012/12/17 22:21:31
Naw
Yaw

• Kat ♪.BTO-t-BCRA-F~PWCM~ 2012/12/17 22:24:53
    Naw
    Kat ♪.BTO-t-BCRA-F~PWCM~
    +14
    No, criminals should be held accountable for their actions. Punishing law abiding citizens for crime is wrong. They're not going away anyways, drugs are illegal and they're still everywhere.

• felon guy 2012/12/23 20:29:19
    Yaw
    felon guy
    +2
    Look I understand why people want weapons for protection. But coming from someone who can't have one. It does not feel good when your right is taking away does it. You have to remember wants you take someone else rights away, eventually ours will one day to. Have a great holiday..
  • HatinOn... felon guy 2012/12/23 20:34:12
    HatinOnHaters;~}
    +1
    yep. I think you are right
  • felon guy HatinOn... 2012/12/23 20:52:23
    felon guy
    +8
    People need to remember you don't start out as a criminal. You become one. People will think once a criminal always one. The government thinks this (you might just commet a crime so we need to take your right away so you can't commet said future crime.) I hope somebody understands what I am saying.
  • HatinOn... felon guy 2012/12/23 20:55:50
    HatinOnHaters;~}
    I get your point, but you need to remember..govenments go by statistics and that is what the stats show, so you do have a uphill battle on your hands--question is, are you up for the challenge
  • felon guy HatinOn... 2012/12/23 22:29:27
    felon guy
    +9
    I don't need a weapon. And if are government ever goes postal on americans then I can go to my neighbor. The thing about statistics is that it changes so much. All because there are people who keep comitting crimes there are hundreds that don't. We americans live in so much fear, it becomes paranoia. You either get killed or you don't. From a known criminal or a first timer. All because you have a clean background does not mean your hands are not dirty. (I mean you as a whole.)
  • HatinOn... felon guy 2012/12/23 22:31:21
    HatinOnHaters;~}
    +1
    I totally agree with you , felon, but it is the asses that ruin it for dudes like you
  • felon guy HatinOn... 2012/12/23 22:38:43
    felon guy
    +10
    The point is. I did what I did. I never want sympathy. Butl like I said wants my rights go. Yours will too. People have to get used to that. Remember you are born a criminal america it is your actions that can become a criminal act. What this young man did to the children and teachers was wrong. But because of what he did. And the fear that you live in make new laws that affect you.
  • felon guy felon guy 2012/12/23 22:39:33
    felon guy
    +7
    I meant to say not born a criminal sorry
  • HatinOn... felon guy 2012/12/23 22:42:55
    HatinOnHaters;~}
    +1
    you can edit your comment by clicking on the 'edit' button right above your reply
  • HatinOn... felon guy 2012/12/23 22:42:05
    HatinOnHaters;~}
    ya I am on your side on this one
  • felon guy felon guy 2012/12/23 22:43:32
    felon guy
    +7
  • HatinOn... felon guy 2012/12/23 22:50:59
    HatinOnHaters;~}
    soo..are you still in the klink?
  • HatinOn... felon guy 2012/12/23 22:58:34
    HatinOnHaters;~}
    good for you my friend,,,how did you find out about this site anyway
  • felon guy HatinOn... 2012/12/23 22:59:20
    felon guy
    +6
    No I have been out for 3 years with a job school and a great life. I want to write a quote that the judge who sentence me said. "Alcohol has turned a good man into a bad one." It was this quote that has kept me clean for so long. And I could not be happier that he said this to me.
  • felon guy felon guy 2012/12/23 23:00:33
    felon guy
    +1
    I was just thinking about what others the about weapons control or ban and I googled it and this site is what came of it.
  • HatinOn... felon guy 2012/12/23 23:05:11
    HatinOnHaters;~}
    was this exact poll on there?
  • felon guy HatinOn... 2012/12/23 23:07:40
    felon guy
    +1
    Yeah it was it was either 4 or 5 on the top list
  • HatinOn... felon guy 2012/12/23 23:15:34
  • Tic-Toc 2012/12/20 11:58:17
    Naw
    Tic-Toc
    +1
    A Law Abiding Individual did not do it, so why should they have to pay the price.

A Theif and a Murder did it and criminals will always have access to a gun.
  • HatinOn... Tic-Toc 2012/12/20 12:01:46
    HatinOnHaters;~}
    +2
    and prison, as well
  • sneekyfoot 2012/12/19 17:58:43
    Naw
    sneekyfoot
    +1
    You cant take them away to many in private ownership
  • charles nelson 2012/12/19 16:34:41
    Yaw
    charles nelson
    make sticks and stone fashionable again and bring back meditation. Or medications if that works for yaw sucka
  • tikiteek 2012/12/19 14:37:55
    tikiteek
    +1
    I'm not sure if guns should be banned, but we better do something!
  • Opal Marie 2012/12/18 20:31:08
    Naw
    Opal Marie
    +2
    Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people. And if a person really wants to kill someone with a gun they will find a way, banned or not
  • Joey 2012/12/18 19:44:25
    Yaw
    Joey
    But not on all guns .. I don't think most people who call for gun control wants there to be NO guns at all. However I do think people are suggesting that these guns that can spray the area in the hail of a bullets should be ban . One congressmen suggest that teachers should keep M4 in the schools . That is crazy . And remember many of these mass shooting happen with legally owned guns .
  • yaaarrrggghhh 2012/12/18 19:10:24
    Naw
    yaaarrrggghhh
    +2
    Absolutely not.
  • Bronar 2012/12/18 18:45:57
    Naw
    Bronar
    +1
    "Guns", no. More than one assault style rifle per home, possibly.
  • Kurt 2012/12/18 18:34:35
    Naw
    Kurt
    +3
    If thats the case, lets ban fertilizer because they are used in making bombs or how about banning automobiles because more people are killed every day from them then guns. Or my favorite lets ban food because food can lead to overeating and obesity which leads to heart attacks.
  • JohnT 2012/12/18 16:30:41
    Naw
    JohnT
    +1
    Certain ones should be but not all.
  • ManBearPig 2012/12/18 16:05:12
    Naw
    ManBearPig
    +1
    the very same day of the shooting, 21 chinese children were stabbed to death by a lone knifeman
  • macbeth ManBearPig 2012/12/18 19:21:23
    macbeth
    +1
    No they weren't. The Chinese school children are all alive.
  • ManBearPig macbeth 2012/12/18 21:50:55
    ManBearPig
    +1
    still the intent is the same, different weapon... regardless of what the gov't bans people will still find a way to go out and kill
  • Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning 2012/12/18 15:38:28
    Naw
    Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning
    +2
    Leftist liberals created our selfish get mine no morality or code of conduct society,-so let them come up with more treat the disease of their makings rather than the cause of it.
  • William Gill~PWCM~JLA 2012/12/18 15:33:09
    Naw
    William Gill~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Banning guns creates victims.
  • Woody 2012/12/18 14:58:47
    Naw
    Woody
    +1
    The mother did not lock up her guns, Adam would have killed with another weapon...
  • john.newell.771 2012/12/18 14:57:23
    Naw
    john.newell.771
    +5
    Normally I think that Ben Stein is foolish but every once in a while he gets something right.
    Here is an article that puts it all in perspective:

I learned about the massacre at Sandy Hook elementary school while we were setting up at Fox News to tape Cavuto on Business. The news was so horrible that we all felt as if we had lost our legs and could no longer stand. It was such horrible news that it simply turned the world upside down.

It still is that kind of news, and it’s incredibly depressing about the nature of humanity. And my wife and I pray all day for the souls of those dear children and for the peace, if there ever will be peace, of their families… and for the souls of the adults and the peace of those who knew and loved them.
    As usual, the smartest comment about the whole subject came from John R. Coyne, Jr. “There is evil in the world. It’s beyond mental illness, beyond gun control. It is evil.”
    The killer got his weapons from his mother, who apparently had bought them legally and registered them. That tells us something about what anti-gun laws would do, although maybe the mother should not have had them either. In this world, a killer devil can kill his mother and steal her guns to kill six year olds. That’s what some humans are and I am not sure what laws will ...

The killer got his weapons from his mother, who apparently had bought them legally and registered them. That tells us something about what anti-gun laws would do, although maybe the mother should not have had them either. In this world, a killer devil can kill his mother and steal her guns to kill six year olds. That’s what some humans are and I am not sure what laws will stop them.

Second, I read that the killer was socially awkward (putting it mildly) and “reserved.” I know what that often means. He spent much of his miserable life playing shoot ’em up video games on line or on machines. I see a troubled young man doing that often.
    Up close and personal.
    In these games, the “player” just spends his whole day attempting to exercise and exorcize his loneliness and low self-esteem by shooting imaginary creatures and creating damage all day long.
    At a certain point, just “killing” on the console blurs into doing it in real life. “Killing” is just what the kid does all his life. How much of a stretch is it for him to shoot into a movie theater or a political gathering or a kindergarten in “real life”if his life is so pitiful that he does not know what’s real and what is not? If you are looking for a villain, try shoot ’em up games.

Third, what motivates “great” deeds? So that a man’s name will not be forgotten and he will be sung about even after his death, goes the ancient saying. That’s what you get if you slaughter 26 totally innocent people at a grade school. If you want another villain, try the media itself, which has now given Adam Lanza fame beyond what he could have dreamt of. It is impossible to blame the media, but evil men like Adam Lanza have gamed the system to perfection.

Fourth, why are these killers always men? What is it that we teach our young men in this world that makes them think it’s a mark of manliness to kill the unarmed and innocent? Whatever it is, it’s disgusting. It’s not manly to kill any unarmed human. It’s miserable, crawling cowardice.

Finally, a comment that will enrage the beautiful people. The whole world is rightly overwrought and crazed with grief over the murder of twenty totally innocent and blameless souls last Friday in Newtown. It was and is a catastrophe for the ages.
    But Mahmoud Ahmadinejad promises to kill every Jew in Israel and then in the whole world, including babies… and he had his defenders, even at the Democratic National Convention. And it was daily life in Nazi-occupied Europe from 1939 to 1941 to kill thousands of Jewish children every day. But powerful, intelligent men and women in this country defended Hitler, spoke up for him and for keeping America from even sending arms to Britain when England stood alone. What are we to make of that? No one even mentions, no one even knows about the horrendous Armenian genocide by the Turks in 1915, when well over a million of the most talented people on the planet were wantonly murdered — and the world has still not officially called it genocide — and Hitler explicitly said it was a model for him. Who today even talks of the purposeful mass starvation of millions of beautiful Ukrainian children by Stalin? The U.S. did not say one word about it as a government. The U.S. still will not confront Turkey seriously about the Armenian children.

Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge killed roughly one third of all of its people, including children, from 1974 to about 1977 — and it was U.S. policy to avoid doing anything to stop them — because they were opposed to the North Vietnamese Communists and Communist Vietnam, which had just taken over South Vietnam — our ally. What can we say to that? We cheered the deposing of the President —Richard Nixon — who would have stopped the Khmer Rouge from taking power. There is plenty of Cambodian blood on our hands. There is plenty of blood of all kinds on our hands, especially of the most innocent and blameless among us… real babies, truly innocent.

God help us. Man is made of such crooked stuff that it is impossible to set him straight, said a famous philosopher. God help us.
    http://spectator.org/archives...
  • HatinOn... john.ne... 2012/12/18 15:14:09
    HatinOnHaters;~}
    +1
    real nice...I read that too-- Ben Stein is a very intelligent man
  • john.ne... HatinOn... 2012/12/18 15:21:27
    john.newell.771
    +1
    No doubt he is intelligent but I differ with him on taxes, unions and size of government where he is far too liberal.
  • HatinOn... john.ne... 2012/12/18 15:28:15
    HatinOnHaters;~}
    +2
    i disagree I think he is right on target, he is a registered Republican
  • the spo... HatinOn... 2012/12/18 15:35:56
    the spoiler
    +1
    I think he's right on target too.

2014/04/18 23:30:00