In the end will Obamacare help more people than it hurts or hurt more people than it helps?

Al C. 2012/11/17 13:45:36
Related Topics: Obamacare, The End

• robert 2012/11/17 14:34:47
    it will hurt more people than it helps.
    robert
    +5
    Its killing every business still out there by pushing them over the edge with expenses they cant afford or pass on to their customers?!

• Artist~PWCM~ 2012/11/17 15:28:30
    it will hurt more people than it helps.
    Artist~PWCM~
    +3
    It's going to start a geriatricide the likes we haven't seen since the Holocaust...
  • krayzrick 2012/11/17 14:58:00
    It will help more people than it hursts.
    krayzrick
    +4
    Particularly your old folks who have Medicare.
    Your mom and dad, grandma, grandpa...are all gonna get screwed.
    If you need an operation, get it now.
  • krayzrick krayzrick 2012/11/17 14:58:24
    krayzrick
    +3
    man did I click the wrong one!
  • Zee Black krayzrick 2012/11/17 15:05:52
    Zee Black
    +2
    This does not hurt anyone on medicare.
  • krayzrick Zee Black 2012/11/17 15:22:45
    krayzrick
    +5
    Wake up. Monies taken from Medicare will pay for half of Obamacare.
    No I'm not gonna do your research for you, remain stupid.
  • Zee Black krayzrick 2012/11/17 15:51:37
    Zee Black
    +1
    You need to learn what is being taken from Medicare and why.
  • krayzrick Zee Black 2012/11/17 15:33:16
    krayzrick
    +3
    "........Affordable Care Act’s $716 billion in cuts to Medicare"
  • Zee Black krayzrick 2012/11/17 15:52:09
    Zee Black
    +1
    You also need to learn what is being taken from medicare and why.
  • Diane S... Zee Black 2012/11/17 18:33:41
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +1
    When they declair you not worth the treatment you die !!!! That kills old people !!!!
  • Zee Black Diane S... 2012/11/17 21:46:48
    Zee Black
    Ha, you need to stop listening to Rush and Beck, there are no death panels. I twas made up to scare people.
  • Al C. Zee Black 2012/11/22 09:37:04
    Al C.
    Boy are you uniformed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Al C. Zee Black 2013/07/17 14:53:33
    Al C.
    You mean except for the fact that many doctors will stop taking Medicare patients??????
  • SickOfBigGov 2012/11/17 14:37:48 (edited)
    it will hurt more people than it helps.
    SickOfBigGov
    +4
    This massive tax will, and has started to, hurt the working class. It's the working class that already has health insurance which now many will lose. The bill is an incentive for employers to drop their health care plans because of the cost. The bill imposes several penalties on hospitals that are deemed to violate certain levels of care as defined by politicians and boards who don't have a clue. The bill cuts funds to hospitals and medicare. There are many levels of taxes imposed ranging from profits from selling your home to taxes on property/money you inherit from death in your family. This bill is a disaster....but wtf...you get your free birth control...The Affordable Care Act...quite ironic huh? I do get some satisfaction knowing that the people who voted will suffer with the rest of us...give yourselves a good pat on the back while you are explaining to your children what you did to them.

And mark my words..when this thing causes havoc on peoples lives, you can bet they will blame the republicans.
  • Zee Black SickOfB... 2012/11/17 15:07:38
    Zee Black
    I don't even know where to begin with this, so I am just going to give a blanker "It is all wrong" and let you go figure it out yourself.
  • SickOfB... Zee Black 2012/11/17 15:12:29 (edited)
    SickOfBigGov
    +3
    WOW, that rebuttal is debate-proof.

But Whatever...at this point the 'rightness' or 'wrongness' is a mute point. It's the reality of it the both you and me will need to deal with...(except if you are a Union member or Federal employee who are exempt) ... Talk to me in 2 years when the damage is fully done. There is no turning back now.
  • dubbie 2012/11/17 14:35:44
    it will hurt more people than it helps.
    dubbie
    +4
    Those that are hurting, will continue to hurt , It`ll just cost them more for it. This has nothing to do with healthcare , It`s only purpose is to line the federal govt. pockets with more of our money and put the private sector competion out of business
  • Zee Black dubbie 2012/11/17 15:07:58
    Zee Black
    What?
  • dubbie Zee Black 2012/11/17 16:58:58
    dubbie
    +1
    What, What?
  • robert 2012/11/17 14:34:47
    it will hurt more people than it helps.
    robert
    +5
  • krayzrick robert 2012/11/17 15:00:04
    krayzrick
    +3
    the magic words! "....killing every business (still) out there"
    That is part of the 'Obama plan'...
  • robert krayzrick 2012/11/17 15:01:31
    robert
    +4
    Yea they got to make sure there enough poor people to vote for hillary in 2016!!
  • PrettieReptar 2012/11/17 14:34:12
    it will hurt more people than it helps.
    PrettieReptar
    +4
    I don't understand how people equate having government force them to buy a product, increased taxation and increased cost of goods as help. Do people really like having the government this involved with their lives or having this much control over their livelihood?
  • kmay 2012/11/17 14:30:28 (edited)
    it will hurt more people than it helps.
    kmay
    +5
    Medicare cuts in place in OC
    Taxes for ALL in OC
    Inferior care, due to hospital cutbacks, in OC
    Shortage of Dr's due to OC taxes

Read the OC law [tax] people....it's one giant TAX with less care!!
    http://www.healthcare.gov/law...

Comprehensive List of Tax Hikes in Obamacare
    Obamacare WILL tax EVERYONE, even those earning under $250,000 a year.
    Read more: http://atr.org/comprehensive-...
    Follow us: @taxreformer on Twitter

PS: Unions and Fed Employees exempt!
  • Richard M. Nixon 2012/11/17 14:14:19
    it will hurt more people than it helps.
    Richard M. Nixon
    +3
    It will (copulation expletive deleted) up much more than the health system; you wait and see!

copulation expletive deleted health wait
  • Howler 2012/11/17 14:08:30 (edited)
    Howler
    +3
    Good question IMO.

I believe it depends on what people mean by "helped" vs. "hurt".

Since it gives government more control over the quality and quantity of life, I would say it hurts everyone under its thumb.

Thus, the only people helped are those who put it together with government and political power.

And, I know that eventually it will hurt them as well...That is my only consolation...If I live long enough, I know I am going to see them go down with me...If I don't live long enough, it won't hurt me for very long.
  • Zee Black Howler 2012/11/17 15:09:42
    Zee Black
    How does this give the govt more control over the quality and quantity of life? Please explain.
  • Howler Zee Black 2012/11/17 15:16:44
    Howler
    +2
    Have you read the bill?...The entire bill?
  • Zee Black Howler 2012/11/17 15:18:13
    Zee Black
    I sure have...have you, or just learned what you think you know from Rush, beck etc.
  • Howler Zee Black 2012/11/17 15:24:04 (edited)
    Howler
    +2
    OK...How long did it take you?...We are about to get into a looooooong discussion here, so pull out that bill or open it up on your computer and get ready....Here we go.

How long did it take you, and did you understand it, comprehend it , line by line?
  • Zee Black Howler 2012/11/17 15:56:04
    Zee Black
    Yes, I did read it it is about 2000 pages of legal statements but not too hard to understand., I read it all in about a week and I actually verified the things I had questions on through independent sources.
  • Howler Zee Black 2012/11/17 17:34:34
    Howler
    I am having a hard time understanding this particular part of the ACA...Maybe you can help - Especially with the cross-references...I have more that I need your help with as well, if you don't mind...and thanks for your help in advance.

(ii) STATE MUST ASSUME COST.—A State shall make payments to or on behalf of an individual eligible for the premium tax credit under section 36B of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 and any cost-sharing reduction under section 1402 to defray the cost to the individual of any additional benefits described in clause (i) which are not eligible for such credit or reduction under section 36B(b)(3)(D) of such Code and section 1402(c)(4)."
  • Zee Black Howler 2012/12/15 16:06:44
    Zee Black
    This is part of the state exchange that must be set up for people who are not covered otherwise. The state exchange is where people would go to select their coverage they feel they need. Those that cannot afford coverage would be covered under medicaid. the states already get a bunch of money from the government to cover their poor for medical purposes, this is just saying that the person who cannot afford to buy will still be covered under that state run plan.
  • Howler Zee Black 2012/12/15 17:31:25
    Howler
    So, this is the area of Obamacare that the Supreme Court has ruled on in such a way that it allows the states to throw such responsibility back to the federal government?

Keep this discussion open...I have much, much more for you to explain, OK?
  • Zee Black Howler 2012/12/15 21:23:45
    Zee Black
    The supreme court ruled on the legitimacy of the mandate and that the mandate they everyone must carry insurance was not unconstitutional. they ruled basically it was a tax which is not unconstitutional. The mandate in Obama care is the crux upon which everything else hinges, without the mandate, nothing else is really effective. that is why that as challenged and upheld in he supreme court ruling.
  • Howler Zee Black 2012/12/15 22:15:29
    Howler
    Apparently you don't understand what I asked you...You are not answering the question I just asked

I didn't ask about any mandate that the SCOTUS ruled was a tax.

Hell, I understand that as most people do.

However, I asked you in response to your supposed explanation of the phraseology of the part of the bill that I posted -

"So, this is the area of Obamacare that the Supreme Court has ruled on in such a way that it allows the states to throw such responsibility back to the federal government?"

Do you even realize what I am specifically asking you here?
  • Zee Black Howler 2012/12/16 01:53:19
    Zee Black
    You are asking about the online exchanges that are to be set up for the uninsured to shop for a policy. the states are not required to do so and may send this responsibility back to the federal government, however in doing so , those states that opt out relinquish many of the controls for of the program and their citizens. The people of those states will still have a online exchange and will not know if the policies they are shopping are private or otherwise just as in states that opted in.
  • Howler Zee Black 2012/12/16 01:57:07
    Howler
    Why do you suppose the federal government doesn't want to set up the exchanges anyway?
  • Zee Black Howler 2012/12/16 04:21:56
    Zee Black
    the federal govt. does want to set up the exchanges, it is part of the AHA, Some of the states are reluctant and have passed the responsibility on to the federal govt.
  • Howler Zee Black 2012/12/16 04:30:06
    Howler
    So, why is it stated in the bill for the states to do it?

You are going in circles.
  • Zee Black Howler 2012/12/16 04:42:54
    Zee Black
    The bill is written to allow the states to setup the online exchange, but the SCOTUS ruled that they could opt out and send the requirement back to the federal govt. There are states that have done that and now the responsibility is that of the Federal Govt. Either way the online exchange for each state will be setup. However, if a state opts out, and the govt takes over, they also opt out of other controls in regards to healthcare of their citizens.

2014/04/25 07:41:57