In new poll: Majority of voters believe Obama has changed the country for the worse! Do you agree or disagree with this poll?

Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/09 19:45:02
I agree with this poll because....
I disagree with this poll because....
Other Thoughts!
Two-thirds of likely voters say President Obama has kept his 2008 campaign promise to change America — but it’s changed for the worse, according to a sizable majority.
A new poll for The Hill found 56 percent of likely voters believe Obama’s first term has transformed the nation in a negative way, compared to 35 percent who believe the country has changed for the better under his leadership.
The results signal broad voter unease with the direction the nation has taken under Obama’s leadership and present a major challenge for the incumbent Democrat as he seeks reelection this fall.
Conducted for The Hill by Pulse Opinion Research, the poll comes in the wake of last month’s Supreme Court decision that upheld the primary elements of Obama’s signature healthcare legislation.
It found 68 percent of likely voters — regardless of whether they approve or disapprove of Obama — believe the president has substantially transformed the country since his 2009 inauguration.
The feeling that Obama has changed the country for the worse is strongest among Republicans, at 91 percent, compared to 71 percent of Democrats who support Obama’s brand of change.
Strikingly, 1-in-5 Democrats say they feel Obama has changed the United States for the worse.
Compared to the sentiment about Obama’s impact, fewer people see presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney as a candidate who will change the country dramatically if elected.
Still, 50 percent of people think Romney will bring a “significant” level of change — a finding that may reflect the desire among anti-Obama voters for a reversal of the president’s policies.
Debate about Obama’s first-term legacy has intensified since the Supreme Court ruled the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate to be constitutional.
The healthcare legislation, once fully implemented, would usher in the most sweeping changes to the nation’s social safety net since the 1960s.
To Obama’s supporters, the ruling was a validation of his 2008 campaign theme of “change we can believe in.” At that time, Obama hinted at his ambitions to become a transformative president in the mold of Ronald Reagan.
“I think Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not and in a way that Bill Clinton did not. He put us on a fundamentally different path because the country was ready for it,” he told the Reno Gazette-Journal in January 2008.
Beyond the healthcare law, Obama won passage of the Dodd-Frank financial industry reforms, generally viewed as the biggest Wall Street regulatory changes since the 1930s.
In the absence of major immigration legislation, Obama recently eased deportation rules for young illegal immigrants brought to the country as children.
Obama’s ambitions for big change fell short in other areas. He has been unable to pass climate change legislation or repeal the Bush-era tax rates.
On social issues, Obama recently became the first president to endorse gay marriage.
Independent of voter opinions about how the country has changed, The Hill Poll found an overwhelming majority of voters — 89 percent — view the choice between Obama and Romney as important in terms of the future impact on the country.
Almost half (47 percent) say they are paying more attention to this year’s election than the 2008 vote. Republicans are generally paying more attention than Democrats — 56 percent to 44 percent — to the 2012 campaign compared to 2008.
Among centrists, views are evenly split on how Obama has changed the country — with 40 percent saying the United States is better today and 42 percent saying it is worse off. Eighty percent of liberals think Obama has changed the country for the better.
There is a marked difference of opinion along racial lines, with just 29 percent of whites saying Obama has changed the country for the better compared to 92 percent of blacks.
The poll was conducted among 1,000 likely voters on July 5 and has a margin of error of 3 percentage points.

Link to view poll internal data.
http://thehill.com/images/stories/news/2012/07_july/hill_poll...

From: The Hill.com
By: Sheldon Alberts

Read More: http://thehill.com/polls/236627-hill-poll-majority...

• Wesloco CMackle... 2012/07/20 18:54:56
    Wesloco
    None of the sites you gave provide a source. Where are they getting that number from? The CBO never gave that number,
  • CMackle... Wesloco 2012/07/20 23:47:35
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    Face reality.
  • Wesloco CMackle... 2012/07/21 04:09:54
    Wesloco
    Come on bud! What reality, just because a bunch of bloggers say something doesn't Mae it a reality! Get real, please!
  • Tee Quake Wesloco 2012/07/11 02:05:37
    Tee Quake
    +3
    I think "Wesloco" must be an alias of Barack Hussein Obama, or his campaign manager or George Soros, himself!
  • Wesloco Tee Quake 2012/07/11 02:50:39
    Wesloco
    Why? Did I say something that was not true?
  • Defend ... Wesloco 2012/07/11 08:23:49
    Defend Western Civlization
    +2
    bin laden is dead cause of the plan started by GW the gutless obama had a memorandum created which stated if the plan failed he was not at fault
    obama supports the Nazi Terrorist muslim brotherhood and hates America/Israel and Western Civilization
  • Wesloco Defend ... 2012/07/11 13:13:31
    Wesloco
    ... again Defender, where do you get this stuff from? What memorandum?
  • Defend ... Wesloco 2012/07/11 14:38:02
    Defend Western Civlization
    +1
    the one he had created in case the operation failed
    why is the muslim terrorist and traitor nadal hassan not dead yet?
    their is no freedom in egypt under the muslim brotherhood
  • Wesloco Defend ... 2012/07/11 17:47:39
    Wesloco
    Defender, Hassan is not dead because we must follow protocol, the murdering terrorist was masquerading as an American soldier and was accepted into our military so unfortunately he is protected by our laws and will face a military trial where I'm sure he will be found guilty and face a firing squad. I I'm sure as you do hope this will happen sooner than later. It's similar to what will happen with the soldier who went on the killing rampage in Afghanistan. As for what's happening in egypt, their leader was democratically elected, what do you suggest we do?
  • Defend ... Wesloco 2012/07/12 00:51:26
    Defend Western Civlization
    Why is obama and holder keeping this Nazi Rapist Alive?
    no the 2 events are not similar at all in fact the soldier who killed the Civilians in Afghanistan is having his trial is placed on fast track

their is no freedom in Egypt
    Sharia Law is not freedom
  • Wesloco Defend ... 2012/07/12 04:50:31 (edited)
    Wesloco
    Def, you have got to be more objective. You seem to be pretty intelligent but your closed mindedness does not allow you to form logical arguments.
  • lisa Wesloco 2012/07/11 10:37:58
    lisa
    +1
    I would really like to know where you get your facts from. First of all, thousands of homes have not been saved by remodifications. All remodification does is add the debt onto the back end of the loan. The break came because banks were taking the bailout and still foreclosing so the governement stalled all foreclosures while the banks proved where the bailout money was going. Now its business as usual and Banks have been foreclosing at record speeds because they can write off the debt and then auction the property to someone else. And as far as affordable insurance goes, I say show me...When did the governement ever make anything that was affordable for the common people? And if the plan is so great then why are government officials grandfathered out of the Obamacare plan. Shouldn;t every government official and employee have to partake in the great Obamacare?!? The auto industry was not saved, they were bailed out and it's only a matter of time before the ones who were bailed out will fail again. How many times have we all seen it happen... Your cut, you place a bandaide on it. Does that mean your no longer cut? or did you just cover it up?!?
  • Wesloco lisa 2012/07/11 13:30:48
    Wesloco
    ... not true Lisa, the loan modifications can reduce interest interest and help lower monthly payments as well as bring loans current by putting the arrears to the end of the loan. You're defending the banks? I know this because a government modification helped me save my home. Lisa, you defend the banks but the banks will not lift a finger to help you, they are only interested in protecting their interest as they told me time and again until President Obama's law forced them to work with me. As for healthcare, where do you guys get that the government will run it? What the bill is saying is that people will have to self insure! Haven't you heard? That's the whole thing, people are bitching as to why the government will force them to be prepared to handle a medical emergency when they would rather just go to the emergency room and be treated on the public dime! No one is grandfathered out, everyone will have to be insured and government workers are already insured by their employer. Lisa, as pessimistic as you want to be, because of Barack Hussein Obama's courageous move to "bail out" and save the auto industry, that sector is now in the best financial shape it's been in ages. Get over it Lisa, the president has been a success in spite of all the obstacles put up by those who want to make him a "one term president."
  • lisa Wesloco 2012/07/11 17:53:28
    lisa
    +1
    I'm not defending anyone and I know they don't work because our payments did not go down for good. They dropped for 6 months and then went back to the original loan amount. So whatever government loan modification you used is not available to everyone.
  • Wesloco lisa 2012/07/11 18:23:28
    Wesloco
    Sorry Lisa, I didn't mean to upset you but seriously you should call 1-800-569-4287 and ask the counselor for MHA HELP. You can also go to www.HUD.gov

I hope everything works out for you cause this housing thing is a mess!
  • Rebel [SHP] 2012/07/10 19:50:01
    I agree with this poll because....
    Rebel [SHP]
  • Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2012/07/10 19:11:32
    I agree with this poll because....
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
  • 4570GOVT Charu ∞... 2012/07/11 01:43:50
    4570GOVT
    +1
    INDEED !
  • Maria 2012/07/10 19:08:35
    I agree with this poll because....
    Maria
    +7
    Obama is "the worst president in history.".....
  • kaZappoo 2012/07/10 18:45:52 (edited)
    I agree with this poll because....
    kaZappoo
    +6
    one has to take into account for the ideals of the individual ...

#1 ))one who has worked VERY hard for all material things , and accomplishments . and has pride in those .

#2)) the one who hasnt , and is looking for a future of easyness .

now person #1 , through NO FAULT of their own , looses most everything , but keeps struggling to keep what they have , though very few jobs of sustanance avail , are forced to rely on the system .

person #2 ) was taught dependence on the system , and knows no better , and is indoctrinated to believe what person #1 has belongs to them now ..just because of what the factions media etc .had told this person for yrs .

this is society for past 3 decades .... which person are you all ?

(edited "soda head submitted before I was finished" I DIDNT SUBMIT ! )
    but obama has no idea how to create jobs / fix the economy besides spend person #1 money to feed #2 .( socialism )

so is this country any better off,, though this senario has been brewing for decades w/ the outsourcing of the gainfull jobs !!

but some of the people became too reliant on the govt . and they had to !
  • ☆ QueenAline 2012/07/10 18:35:27
    I agree with this poll because....
    ☆ QueenAline
    +4
    I agree because it is a fact
  • lil crazy 2012/07/10 18:18:17 (edited)
    I disagree with this poll because....
    lil crazy
    +1
    The president isn't a dictator so congress shoulders some of the responsibility for any good or bad that may have occurred.
  • Charu ∞... lil crazy 2012/07/10 19:13:09
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +2
    What do you call it when the "president" says I will NOT sign the bill and the 'president" of the Senate will table the bill?
  • NPC 2012/07/10 18:14:19
    I agree with this poll because....
    NPC
    +4
    The man is a master of deceit, deception, misdirection and false statenents-LIES. Democrat Clinton-Franks Liberals started this in 1999 with FREE mortgage loans to unqualified borrowers. Bailouts and Stimulus were band aid spening to kill job creation. Barack and the Left spent $774 Million on his election in 2008. Common sense reforms could have been implemented instead of ramming through OBlamerCare without any other input from the minority party or public in 2010. The Voters are incensed over this man's arrogance, elitist selective ideology, no substance or specifics, class warfare and continued harp on redistribtution of wealth also. Barack was all about Social Justice from the beginning. Passing every single thing the Progressives wanted so Americans had no chance to question any ot it.
  • mblack 2012/07/10 18:04:44
    I disagree with this poll because....
    mblack
    +1
    I will change my mind when my livelihood changes, until then I'm going to keep making money and enjoying life.
  • ☆ Queen... mblack 2012/07/10 18:36:28
    ☆ QueenAline
    +5
    really? Good...how about spreading some of your wealth around...I'll send you my address.
  • mblack ☆ Queen... 2012/07/11 19:26:10
    mblack
    How about changing what you are doing or where you are before asking for my money? If you don't have access to my contributions then you're not looking in the right places.
  • Charu ∞... mblack 2012/07/10 19:14:39
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +4
    Well yay for you.....how about sharing your wealth with the rest of us who have been affected?
  • mblack Charu ∞... 2012/07/11 19:26:39
    mblack
  • Charu ∞... mblack 2012/07/11 19:38:39
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    hmmmmmmm.....Let's see I dedicated my life to serving the military and national security...worked for 8 years longer than my Doctors wanted me to and what do I get for my work ...1/4 of what i was making a month, unless than $500.
  • ☆ Queen... mblack 2012/07/11 19:45:04
    ☆ QueenAline
    +1
    oh no...another robot
  • mblack ☆ Queen... 2012/07/11 20:46:31
    mblack
    I don't know what that means. I could never comprehend why people elect to say something dumb rather than say noting at all. Quite illogical to me.
  • lisa mblack 2012/07/11 10:42:04
    lisa
    +3
    Oh don't worry, you'll be sharing your wealth with the rest of the people less fortunate. How much wealth can you spare?
  • Dana 2012/07/10 17:44:14
    I agree with this poll because....
    Dana
    +6
    All he knows how to do is blame someone else.
  • NPC Dana 2012/07/10 18:15:04
    NPC
    +5
    Barack is incoherent.
  • Himalayacool 2012/07/10 17:33:59 (edited)
    I disagree with this poll because....
    Himalayacool
    +3
    Every civilized country has health insurance for their citizens but us. Isn't there something shameful about this, health care is a human right. If you are working you should have health care, too many opt not to buy it because it is expensive. Paying nothing for healthcare, not fair to the rest who pay for it, unless you are a child from poor family or an elderly retired person. I paid big for years. Never complained, I wanted to take care of myself. the system does not work right now. It has become a greedy ,materialistic society all about, me,me,me. We need to think more about, we,we,we. It is not Obama who made the problem and people hate him merely because he is black, not for his record as President.
  • ☆ Queen... Himalay... 2012/07/10 18:40:16
    ☆ QueenAline
    +5
    are you saying this country isn't civilized? LOL Healthcare is not a human right..Paying NOTHING for healthcare you will find out is going to be VERY expensive... You're wrong about people hating him because he's black...he could be purple....It's his policies that are still communism RED.....
  • onna Himalay... 2012/07/10 18:50:36
    onna
    +4
    Dont some come here from other countries because they cannot get health care soon enough?
  • Charu ∞... onna 2012/07/10 19:17:06
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +3
    Yes they absolutely do and we don't euthanize folks because we don't have the money to treat them either.
  • Charu ∞... Himalay... 2012/07/10 19:16:02
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +2
    My Goodness the HYPOCRISY in your statement....you have learned well grasshopper. :)

2014/08/29 10:26:45