In new poll: Majority of voters believe Obama has changed the country for the worse! Do you agree or disagree with this poll?

Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/09 19:45:02
I agree with this poll because....
I disagree with this poll because....
Other Thoughts!
Two-thirds of likely voters say President Obama has kept his 2008 campaign promise to change America — but it’s changed for the worse, according to a sizable majority.
A new poll for The Hill found 56 percent of likely voters believe Obama’s first term has transformed the nation in a negative way, compared to 35 percent who believe the country has changed for the better under his leadership.
The results signal broad voter unease with the direction the nation has taken under Obama’s leadership and present a major challenge for the incumbent Democrat as he seeks reelection this fall.
Conducted for The Hill by Pulse Opinion Research, the poll comes in the wake of last month’s Supreme Court decision that upheld the primary elements of Obama’s signature healthcare legislation.
It found 68 percent of likely voters — regardless of whether they approve or disapprove of Obama — believe the president has substantially transformed the country since his 2009 inauguration.
The feeling that Obama has changed the country for the worse is strongest among Republicans, at 91 percent, compared to 71 percent of Democrats who support Obama’s brand of change.
Strikingly, 1-in-5 Democrats say they feel Obama has changed the United States for the worse.
Compared to the sentiment about Obama’s impact, fewer people see presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney as a candidate who will change the country dramatically if elected.
Still, 50 percent of people think Romney will bring a “significant” level of change — a finding that may reflect the desire among anti-Obama voters for a reversal of the president’s policies.
Debate about Obama’s first-term legacy has intensified since the Supreme Court ruled the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate to be constitutional.
The healthcare legislation, once fully implemented, would usher in the most sweeping changes to the nation’s social safety net since the 1960s.
To Obama’s supporters, the ruling was a validation of his 2008 campaign theme of “change we can believe in.” At that time, Obama hinted at his ambitions to become a transformative president in the mold of Ronald Reagan.
“I think Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not and in a way that Bill Clinton did not. He put us on a fundamentally different path because the country was ready for it,” he told the Reno Gazette-Journal in January 2008.
Beyond the healthcare law, Obama won passage of the Dodd-Frank financial industry reforms, generally viewed as the biggest Wall Street regulatory changes since the 1930s.
In the absence of major immigration legislation, Obama recently eased deportation rules for young illegal immigrants brought to the country as children.
Obama’s ambitions for big change fell short in other areas. He has been unable to pass climate change legislation or repeal the Bush-era tax rates.
On social issues, Obama recently became the first president to endorse gay marriage.
Independent of voter opinions about how the country has changed, The Hill Poll found an overwhelming majority of voters — 89 percent — view the choice between Obama and Romney as important in terms of the future impact on the country.
Almost half (47 percent) say they are paying more attention to this year’s election than the 2008 vote. Republicans are generally paying more attention than Democrats — 56 percent to 44 percent — to the 2012 campaign compared to 2008.
Among centrists, views are evenly split on how Obama has changed the country — with 40 percent saying the United States is better today and 42 percent saying it is worse off. Eighty percent of liberals think Obama has changed the country for the better.
There is a marked difference of opinion along racial lines, with just 29 percent of whites saying Obama has changed the country for the better compared to 92 percent of blacks.
The poll was conducted among 1,000 likely voters on July 5 and has a margin of error of 3 percentage points.

Link to view poll internal data.
http://thehill.com/images/stories/news/2012/07_july/hill_poll...

From: The Hill.com
By: Sheldon Alberts

Read More: http://thehill.com/polls/236627-hill-poll-majority...

• Christi... RT 2012/07/10 02:34:16
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +4
    Harry Reid also needs to learn to compromise. There have been over 30 jobs bills passed by the House, and Reid refuses to allow them to come up for a vote in the senate. Any bill the House passes is block by Reid. Compromise works both ways
  • RT Christi... 2012/07/10 02:53:20
    I disagree with this poll because....
    +1
    It is not the President that has changed America. It is America changing America. Not one person.
  • Zippcodey sjalan 2012/07/10 02:23:48
    Zippcodey
    +3
    Yeah brainless wonder liberals who have no clue where their end will be once Obama gets the agenda done for the Vatican and Papacy who runs the American shadow government.
  • paul sjalan 2012/07/10 02:54:07
  • sjalan paul 2012/07/10 03:05:48
    +1
    Sorry, but your totally wrong.

It is not possible for just one man to change a country without being a dictator, and President Obama is NOT a dictator.

On the other hand an obstructionistic Republcian / Tea Party can indeed change a nation from a country in recovery to a country which is now nearing stagnation in its economy because of their inaction.
  • paul sjalan 2012/07/10 03:08:07
    paul
    +3
    Oh. I see, it's now the Tea Party's fault. Give me a break, you just hopped up on the blame wagon just like Obama.
  • Dr. John paul 2012/07/10 09:37:58
    Dr. John
    I just love it when people like "sjalan" (as a example) blame one party or the other. " I'm a democrat so it's all the republicans fault." Or "I'm a republican so it's all the democrats fault." STUPID PEOPLE!!! Try thinking for your self for a change! Until they can give a good answer to the question, "In the last 100 years, what has changed for the better no matter which party has been in power?, those people will remain politically stupid.
  • paul Dr. John 2012/07/10 16:09:36
    paul
    +3
    The fairest way to categorize each party would be that the Democrats stand for the public sector and the Republicans stand for the private sector. I am not ashamed to say that I am a Republican. I believe in freedom. I think it is important for the "people" to keep out Government in check, not the other way around. I believe that our Government has been over stepping it's bounds, even before 2008. Now this administration has taken a greater step in that direction. As a Republican I say, Government, get out of our lives.
  • Dr. John paul 2012/07/11 08:09:24 (edited)
    Dr. John
    +2
    I have to agree with you, Paul!! The government that governs the least, governs the best! You can not be Free when government RULES. WASHINGTON STATE "mandates" that you pick either republican or democrat in order to vote. As far as i'm concerned, another unconstitutional act. I think it was voted on by The People but we all know just how smart the average American voter is.
    Ps: I lost faith in the Tea party when they turned traitor to Ron Paul and backed Gingrich. Made me glad that I never officially joined them.
  • luke sjalan 2012/07/10 19:41:20
    luke
    +2
    U SAY ONE MAN CAN'T EFFECT HISTORY.. MAN U HAD BETTER GET UR HEAD OUT OF UR ASS,, AND READ ABOUT HISTORY OF MANKIND.. PS GO TEA PARTY GO REGAIN OUR COUNTRY
  • Mrs. V 2012/07/10 02:14:17
    I agree with this poll because....
    Mrs. V
    +4
    I have been telling people this since before Obama was elected. To them I say, "I told you so"
  • NPC Mrs. V 2012/07/10 18:18:22
    NPC
    +3
    Oblamer cannot understand why he is losing the donor battle. Barack is delirious.
  • Starman 2012/07/10 02:12:23
    I disagree with this poll because....
    Starman
    +2
    Rasmussen, the preferred pollster of Fox news. I think that this poll is not at all credible. The vast majority of polls show President Obama with a commanding lead amoung likely voters, including the all important swing states.
  • luke Starman 2012/07/10 19:47:15
  • Starman luke 2012/07/10 21:08:42
    Starman
    What's with the shouting?

There is a chance that Mr Romney could still pull out a win. There are four months until the election. We certainly shall see. I actually expect to see President Obama's numbers to rise significantly after the debates.

The science of polling has come a long way since 1948, which is why, when pollsters like Rasmussen skew polls intentionally it becomes obvious to others in the field.
  • Mrs. V Starman 2012/07/12 15:04:20
    Mrs. V
    +1
    And you trust any polls. Jimmy Carter was ahead of Ronald Reagan up to the last 2 weeks before the election. Reagan won in a landslide.
  • Mr. Smith 2012/07/10 02:08:24
    I agree with this poll because....
    Mr. Smith
    +8
    I have yet to recover from the Democrats destructive policies! Things won't improve until Obama is gone!
  • Dan 2012/07/10 02:07:45
    I agree with this poll because....
    Dan
    +5
    To be fair, there are many things outside of a presidents control. But a president does have some control and a lot of influence. And on the "influence" front, he has done more in the wrong direction than right. Creating a bad business climate for example.
  • ComeOnNow 2012/07/10 02:05:57
    I agree with this poll because....
    ComeOnNow
    +6
    Obama used the same failed policies that FDR used that turned that bad recession into a great depression. As Europe crumbles due to the exact same failed policies, Obama keeps on pushing for them
    I agree with this poll because....
    +4
    Barrack Obama's policies will bring America to its knees if he is given a second term. When we send him home to Chicago, there are alot of Senators and Congressmen who should be sent home along with him. If we do not succeed in this quest, it may be our last free election!
  • BifDaddy 2012/07/10 01:54:07 (edited)
    I agree with this poll because....
    BifDaddy
    +5
    Change for the worse...no doubt.

More like nearly destroyed.

Job
  • Apache 2012/07/10 01:53:59
  • Ozzyboy 2012/07/10 01:30:48
    I agree with this poll because....
    Ozzyboy
    +5
    These are the true numbers, not the made up government ones. This administration hates when Americans have voices and use them when they are not in idol worship agreement.
  • KCurtis 2012/07/10 01:28:12
    I agree with this poll because....
    KCurtis
    +8
    Totally spot on... there are 80 million Americans out of work to prove it.
  • MarcusRP 2012/07/10 01:26:18
    I disagree with this poll because....
    MarcusRP
    +2
    I had low expectations in the first place, so I've been pleasantly surprised by his 1st term in office.
  • Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning 2012/07/10 01:24:20
    I agree with this poll because....
    Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning
    +5
    "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice,-but when a wicked man rules, the people groan." (Prov.29:2) King Solomon
  • Charge 2012/07/10 01:09:21
    I agree with this poll because....
    Charge
    +9
    Because we are now......
    america down the toilet
    Thanks to Obama....
  • NPC Charge 2012/07/10 18:17:01
    NPC
    +2
    OBlamer is a Thugocracy.
    Other Thoughts!
    +3
    And the republicans have helped HOW?
  • keeper 2012/07/10 01:04:12
    I agree with this poll because....
    keeper
    +6
    This is a No-Brainer.... even the lwnj koolaid drinkers are starting to doubt him!
  • Biki~pw... keeper 2012/07/10 18:19:54
    Biki~pwcm/potl~
    +1
    except for the one directly above you in this poll Keeper.
  • Unclecracker 2012/07/10 00:58:45
    I agree with this poll because....
    Unclecracker
    +5
    Why are people just getting this now??
  • Treasure ♥ijm♥ 2012/07/10 00:55:12
    I agree with this poll because....
    Treasure ♥ijm♥
    +8
    Because....just look where we are today! It looks like doomsday if we don't get him out of office! He's destroying the America that we all love....and we deserve to have our Country back......with a POTUS that won't lie, deceive or go against everything we believe.....he beats to his own drum....and he's marching us down deeper all the time.
    We cannot take anymore Obama.
  • true american 2012/07/10 00:47:50
    I agree with this poll because....
    true american
    +7
    It is valid
  • Al B Thayer 2012/07/10 00:47:25
    I agree with this poll because....
    Al B Thayer
    +1
    If this poll is true. We should see a CHANGE in the white house. But I'm not seeing any polls that put my dear Mittens in front. I'd like too, and maybe someone can help me out.

Listen. Everyone knows at least one person that says they aren't going to vote. The best thing we can do would be to take that one person out to dinner, you pay for everything. Then slide in to their precinct and let them vote. Best money you'll ever spend.
  • Willl 2012/07/10 00:39:40
    I agree with this poll because....
    Willl
    +2
    When people spoke unfavorably of Bush W., Clinton, Bush H. W., none of them where accused of racism, regardless of the skin color of the critic. Today, critics of the President, even citing his own words are accused of being racists.
    We have recognized Latinos, Arabs, Indians (people from India) as brown, which was not a case prior to 2008. We have recognized people as White Latino because of mixed race of White and Latino parents but we did not recognized the child of White and Black parents as White Blacks, just African-American. We are to call Blacks as African-Americans even though they, their parents, their grand-parents, their grand-grand-grand-grandparents never visited Africa but the first generation Americans born in South Africa are called – “White” instead of African-American because of their skin color.
    And the black critics of Obama are called "Uncle Tom”.
    The first post racial President, right? Have you heard in 2008 that Arabs or Indians are a separate race?
  • D Hanes 2012/07/10 00:22:48
    I agree with this poll because....
    D Hanes
    +4
    He has changed the country for the worse.. he promised much and gave nothing.. and he is such a liar!
  • jimmy d 2012/07/10 00:20:17 (edited)
    I agree with this poll because....
    jimmy d
    +8
    The economic data is awful. More people are on food stamps than ever before. He rammed obamacare down our throats and the biggest tax increase in history. He hates success, tradition, white folks, christians and has always been surrounded by socialists (Valerie Jarrett, Van Jones) and domestic terrorists (bill ayers). He has no integrity, he denies, blames and takes credit for other peoples work. He lies constantly. He has no budget. No plan. No clue. He has his records sealed (what is he hiding?). His social security # is a Connecticut # yet he never lived in CT. No one remembers him at Columbia U. He was involved with Fast and Furious, he squandered billions of my hard earned tax dollars with the boondoggle Solyndra. Shall I go on?
  • Murph 65 jimmy d 2012/07/10 00:28:16
    Murph 65
    +1
    I don't think you need to, you covered it very well. Thanks. Not sure you missed much.

2014/10/25 08:51:17