In Greece mothers are forced to sell their children.

Beccy 2012/05/14 00:24:33
We think our economy is bad but Greece families are forced to abandon their children. Middle class workers are out of work and forced to depend on charity. Could this be coming to the US? See link below

Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2143237/...

• patty 2012/10/02 01:17:30
    patty
    +1
    I AM TOTALLY ANGERED BY YOUR ARTICLE!!!!! THIS IS A PROPAGANDA THAT HAS BEEN SPREAD BY YOUR WANT A BE REPORTERS.....IF YOU KNOW GREEKS LIKE I DO BECAUSE I AM ONE...NO GREEK WOMAN WOULD EVER GIVE HER CHILD AWAY,,,NOT EVEN TO AN ORPHANAGE....I AM TOTALLY DISGUISTED BY YOUR FALSIFICATIONS TO MAKE GREEK WOMAN RUTHLESS, SELFISH, UNMOTHERLY....NO MATTER HOW BAD THE TIMES ARE....GREEK WOMAN, GREEK FAMILIES DO NOT ABANDON EACH OTHER...THEY WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE THE BEST OF EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING....YES THERE ARE HOMELESS GREEK FAMILIES, HOWEVER THEY STICK TOGETHER IN HOMELESS SHELTERS AND IN CHURCHES.....DO NOT MAKE THE GREEK WOMAN RUTHLESS....GET YOUR FACT STRAIGHT BEFORE REPORTING FALSE INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... I HAVE SENT THIS ARTICLE TO GREEK ORGANIZATIONS TO TAKE ACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Angi 2012/05/14 22:09:53
    Angi
    +1
    I hope things get better for Greece and for these children. There was talk that the trouble with Greece could turn into a civil war, we need to prevent that. Would Greece's economy be better if they were not in the Euro, I don't know.
  • Beccy Angi 2012/05/15 00:18:56
    I was watching BBC this morning and it appears they may just leave the euro. Could make things better because the value of their dollar would be lower but they will stay have to pay things off in the prices of the euro
  • Angi Beccy 2012/05/15 00:36:13
    Angi
    +1
    We have this every other week with Greece, but I don't get why Germany is telling them what to do. I think may be Greece might do better getting out of the Euro. The Euro was a bad idea any way. Nobody want Greece to have to deal with a civil war. What is happening to the world. I do don't get it either, the world faced a second world war and survived why can't we get out of this financial mess.
  • Beccy Angi 2012/05/15 00:56:46
    Because of greed. It seems like Greece is not the only country that Germany wants to see suffer.
  • Angi Beccy 2012/05/15 01:03:37
    Angi
    +1
    I heard something on the news that the new President of France had said something about their economic policies and Germany objected. I do not trust the EU and especially the Euro. To surrender your countries economic prosperity to the EU and the Euro seems you also give away your sovereignty.
  • Beccy Angi 2012/05/15 01:06:32
    It seems like Germany took over Europe without fireing a shot.
  • Angi Beccy 2012/05/15 01:19:25
    Angi
    +1
    Possibly. It is odd how Germany seems to be at the centre of everything. I think if European countries are struggling then they should come together to thrash out policies for individual growth and austerity measures that don't cause abject poverty. Where is the sense in making a country bankrupt.
    We are facing austerity measures here and there is no growth we are in another recession and the Government here don't have a clue. They say we have the biggest debt since the war, but we did something then to get ourselves out of it, we can do it again. Sometimes good ideas arise out of difficult situations, and right now no one seems to be thinking straight. I don't know if we are all being manipulated but the private sector is pitched against the public sector and the rich against the poor. The thing is if people haven't got jobs and there is no growth, even the rich are going to feel it eventually. Who is going to clean the streets and work in the industries run by the rich. We are just stagnating. You hear it every week that another firm employing thousands is faced with closure, it has got to stop.
  • Beccy Angi 2012/10/02 01:00:42
  • Angi Beccy 2012/10/02 12:12:52
    Angi
    +1
    Well surely it is in the interest of government to get people back to work, but where are the jobs?
  • Beccy Angi 2012/10/03 00:07:45
    Europe is facing the same problems we are All in China
  • Angi Beccy 2012/10/03 23:06:09
    Angi
    +1
    Maybe, but they say China is on a bit of a down turn we cannot afford to buy as much stuff. I saw a documentary about a UK business who had offices in the UK and China and you have whole streets of companies in China and all they do is make stuff, rows of places doing the same thing. There are these kind of markets where people come and get work they actually barter about the job and the wage scale, there are so many jobs the people looking for work can pick and choose.
  • Beccy Angi 2012/10/03 23:16:55
    And the rest of the world is hurting for jobs. It doesn't make sense.
  • Angi Beccy 2012/10/03 23:29:56
    Angi
    It makes sense. A cheap way to make money and as much money as possible, paying people a proper living wage and having to provide a safe environment to work in is going to cost more and effect the profits. I heard in China that the factory where they build the IPads they have had to build a cage on the roof, to stop people from killing themselves. I was told this by a charity but you can find it on Google. The workers had to sign pledges that they would not kill themselves. Madness!
  • Chaya2010 2012/05/14 01:07:11
    Chaya2010
    The story is actually quite misleading they just can't afford them.
  • Beccy Chaya2010 2012/05/15 00:20:18
    Yes we have the same problem here but what do you do when your husband dies or abandons you. Kill your kids?
  • Vitalani 2012/05/14 00:57:19
    Vitalani
    Her kids are in some type of state care/ orphanage...That has nothing to do with "selling" her kids...wtf?
  • Beccy Vitalani 2012/05/15 00:20:56
    +1
    There was a woman in the article that sold her baby
  • Vitalani Beccy 2012/05/15 00:23:51
    Vitalani
    +1
    I see that now. I was on my phone before and could not read the whole thing.
  • darlene 2012/05/14 00:27:28
    darlene
    +1
    How tradgic.
  • Beccy darlene 2012/05/14 00:52:55
    +1
    I think they need to get out of the EU. I think the central banks are driving communities to fail.
  • stevmackey 2012/05/14 00:25:19 (edited)
    stevmackey
    +2
    It sounds like China. It seems strange that the Greek Orthodox church would permit that.
  • Beccy stevmackey 2012/05/14 00:53:18
    The article was totally heart breaking

2014/09/01 14:21:41