In Florida, A Gated Community is Not Open To The Public. Should Zimmerman Have Ignored a Trespasser?

Tuna 2013/06/11 22:11:06
The fact that the Cops were called is evident something was wrong
Other
I have been through that a thousand times; if the shooting did not occur, the cops would have given Treyvon a "trespass warning". That means Treyvon could not cut through the property on his way to and from the 7-Eleven. If he got caught on the property again, he would be arrested for trespassing.

• sjalan 2013/06/12 05:41:44 (edited)
    Other
    +5
    Tuna, YOU'RE WRONG. He was a visitor at his Fathers' Girlfriends. As with ALL gated communities there are GATES!! and with those gates come ACCESS CODES for BOTH automobiles and pedestrians.

In the case of this incident Martin HAD THE CODES cause to get past the gates for both pedestrians and cars, he would have had to scale them or the fencing which are over 7 fee tall and have spiked ends on the gates which are made of tubular iron. Thus, he would not be trespassing at all since he had a legitimate reason to be on the property.

Google Map the entrance to the complex. I'll save you the trouble.

Enterance

• carolynb Tuna 2013/06/17 13:06:54
    carolynb
    +2
    My son lives in a gated community. I have driven in and out of there many times, and no one questions it. Not only that, but there is no management in the area to question anyone. They close the gates at 8pm on the weekday and later on the weekend. How old are you, Tuna? You either have never had teenage kids or you never were a regular teenager because to me this kid is so typical of todays kids. He love thug rap and has his picture taken doing stupid stuff. Pot is one of the many drugs that doesnt make you violent. Alcohol is worse than pot, for pete sake. I dont understand why you are taking Zimmermans side when he murdered this teenager.
  • RobHom Tuna 2013/06/27 23:37:31
    RobHom
    +2
    Uhhh, how do you know he had a juvenile record. You live in FL...you know those records are sealed and not accessible. Didn't tell the manager?? You mean call some management company that collects the maintenance fees? Security? What security? Oh, you mean she didn't call Zimmerman and fax him a picture?

C'mon man...you are "reaching".
  • Tuna RobHom 2013/06/28 07:47:44
    Tuna
    Records sealed?? I can find out your criminal record right now. Reporters reported his suspension from school, his bad behavior, drug usage. Neighborhood watch is security, volunteers of the neighborhood to fight crime. Management is obligated to maintenance, protection, and enhancement of the property. This is all pre-1995 to you; times have changed.
  • RobHom Tuna 2013/06/28 22:19:31
    RobHom
    +2
    OK...if you can access the records, do it, without any help from me. Even better...access Martin's records and post the link to them here.

You should know that Juvenile records particularly those that are of a criminal nature are sealed in the state of Florida. No you cannot access those records. Adult criminal records are pretty much in the public domain.

Good luck finding "my" criminal record, because if I gave you my SSN and everything else....you would draw a blank.... Why? Because I have no criminal record, and civil records with my name on them are really "slim".

If reporters ask enough questions...they will find out a lot of stuff...even a lot of rumor and hearsay.

Neighborhood watch is just that. Neighborhood watch.

You might find this interesting:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/...
    "Wendy Dorival, who coordinated neighborhood watch programs for the Sanford, Florida, Police Department in 2012, testified Tuesday that George Zimmerman was specifically told not to pursue suspicious people in the gated community where he lived."

You are so wound up about this management thing, then do me a favor and provide me with an address for the on site manager for this property, and go a little farther and explain why.....why, if there was so much criminal activity in there, did the "ma...

You might find this interesting:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/...

You are so wound up about this management thing, then do me a favor and provide me with an address for the on site manager for this property, and go a little farther and explain why.....why, if there was so much criminal activity in there, did the "management" failed so abjectly to provide any form of active security....beyond completely inept less than amateur "neighborhood watch" that it appears was entirely too stupid to follow instructions.
  • Tuna RobHom 2013/06/28 23:38:25
    Tuna
    Management is not there on Sunday night at 7P. You can look on myflorida.com to find out who the manager is. Every criminal in the USA comes to Florida in the winter season; they prey on gated communities not housing projects. We have to be vigilant or be victims.
  • RobHom Tuna 2013/06/29 00:14:25
    RobHom
    +1
    I didn't ask for an excuse. I asked for an address for the ON SITE property manager. They either have on or don't. Its that simple.

I know very well what goes in FL....Out of my 62 years, I've lived here 53 of those years....and am a native.

Seems someone disagrees with your premise regarding when crime happens though.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/s...

I do know for a fact that thieves target gated communities, and its not just in the winter....and the reason they do target those communities is because the people living in them are so naive as to actually believe some rent a cop in a booth, or geriatric in a gold cart is actually preventing crime.... The security is piss poor, and in reality....not there at all.

We lived on our boat at Burnt Store Marina and Country Club south of Punta Gorda...and 7 homes that back up to the fence on the north boundary fence where the side entry to the property is located....where there is a "security guard" clears traffic in and out...were looted during the summer when the owners were up North for the summer... The guard is always looking to the west, and the homes looted...including a car stolen are to the east side of the "guard house".... If they were looking or there were motion triggered lights on that fence area, they might have been s...

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/s...

We lived on our boat at Burnt Store Marina and Country Club south of Punta Gorda...and 7 homes that back up to the fence on the north boundary fence where the side entry to the property is located....where there is a "security guard" clears traffic in and out...were looted during the summer when the owners were up North for the summer... The guard is always looking to the west, and the homes looted...including a car stolen are to the east side of the "guard house".... If they were looking or there were motion triggered lights on that fence area, they might have been spotted and the thefts prevented.

But hey....they pay extra for all of that "extra security".
    PT Barnum said: There's a sucker born every minute.
    Gated communities are proof of it. And to think of the "maintenance fees" those people paid....for "security".

Would have been smarter to live in an open neighborhood and have a dog that barks at strangers and noises in the dark....or at least a good security system.
  • RobHom Tuna 2013/06/27 22:52:01
    RobHom
    +1
    You need to do the same.....
  • RobHom Tuna 2013/06/27 22:51:20
    RobHom
    +1
    Talk about "conjecture".....
  • MsTlynne Tuna 2013/06/20 17:03:44 (edited)
    MsTlynne
    +3
    Zimmerman's defense decided NOT to pursue "stand your ground". They knew they couldn't prove it. Aren't you keeping up?
  • RobHom Tuna 2013/06/27 21:39:56
    RobHom
    +2
    Actually...the two authors of the SYG law said "No Zimmerman is not covered by the SYG law.
  • JackSchitt carolynb 2013/06/14 21:38:33
    JackSchitt
    Normally when it's raining, people walk with some type of PURPOSE and try to get where they're going quickly. Who knows, maybe he was staying close to the houses to try and catch a break from the rain (although I don't see awnings or anything in the pictures). But I'm not going to go on with you about how Martin was walking.... because nobody knows for sure except Zimmerman.

All I'm saying is that Zimmerman's reason for deciding to tail Martin sounds plausible. I originally thought that he had no real reason to think of Martin as "suspicious", but now that I read 8 burglaries and multiple attempted break-ins in 14 months - with most of the suspects being young black males....it makes more sense why he did.
  • carolynb JackSchitt 2013/06/14 22:25:31
    carolynb
    +1
    Well, I am kinda of sensible and here is what I would do. If everything you say is true about break ins and all, and I saw a stranger walking down the street in the neighborhood, I would have called the cops and let them know of the stranger and then I would have gone back to my house. But thats just me.
  • Tuna JackSchitt 2013/06/17 21:50:49
    Tuna
    +1
    "FLORIDA", "GATED COMMUNITY", "BLACK TEEN SHOT DEAD", what Zimmerman is not white?? This is not what it appears to be, you know white guy shoots black in upper class neighborhood. The press blew this to begin with; it was a non-story but they went too far and had to CREATE a story to save face.
  • JackSchitt Tuna 2013/06/17 22:56:09
    JackSchitt
    +1
    This is gonna get SO ugly when he gets off.
  • Tuna JackSchitt 2013/06/17 23:06:46
    Tuna
    One person knows what happened, only one. Who can disprove him??
  • Nightmusic 2013/06/11 22:15:26
    Other
    Nightmusic
    +5
    The boy was not a trespasser. He was visiting his Daddy who lived there. Whether he was trespassing or not was something Zimmerman didn't know. He just assumed the kid was trespassing because he was black and seemed spaced out. Zimmerman was told by the cops to stand down. The fact he called the cops is evidence in itself of nothing but that Zimmerman is a racist busy body.
  • Tuna Nightmusic 2013/06/11 22:18:12
    Tuna
    His father did not live in that community; Treyvon was cutting through. Zimmerman was a volunteer security guard; he knew who is supposed to be there and who isn't. That's what security guards are for.
  • Dion Pr... Tuna 2013/06/13 00:25:33
    Dion Prince
    +4
    Lol wrong. He was on the neighborhood watch. That is totally different from security guards. Security guards are trained and licensed in the state of florida.
    Also martin had every right to be in the neighborhood since he was tge guest of a resident.
    Lastly , Zimmerman DIDN'T know who is or is not supposed to be there obviously because he stalked and killed a guest who at the time of the incident wad doing nothing wrong
  • carolynb Tuna 2013/06/13 23:40:43
    carolynb
    +4
    Self proclaimed. Nobody asked him to be a watchman.
  • RobHom Tuna 2013/06/27 23:44:04
    RobHom
    +2
    Zimmerman was not a "security guard"....he was a "self appointed neighborhood watch volunteer"....without any legal authority to do spit. No one had a requirement to brief Zimmerman on who their guests were. Martin's dad's fiance lived there......Martin was legally on the property, was not committing a crime.....was minding his own business.
  • RH Nightmusic 2013/06/11 22:18:16
    RH
    +1
    Regardless of color...

If you saw someone doing the same thing this kid was doing at that time of night in your neighborhood, would you call or just leave it alone?
  • Tuna RH 2013/06/11 22:23:10
    Tuna
    The kid scaled a 6 foot chain link fence; the neighborhood had been burglarized and pilfered by black teens several times before
  • RH Tuna 2013/06/11 22:27:38
    RH
    I know this :)
  • Nightmusic Tuna 2013/06/13 22:05:16
    Nightmusic
    +1
    It sucks to be a black teen walking through who never burglarized that neighborhood, doesn't it?
  • carolynb Tuna 2013/06/13 23:42:20
  • Dion Pr... RH 2013/06/13 00:31:43
    Dion Prince
    +5
    What exactly was martin doing? As all the evidence suggest, he was walking, nothing mire nothing less.
    And as an army vet, taxpaying homeowner, who has been stopped by police for both "jogging while black" and "driving while black", i resent the assumption of guilt
  • RH Dion Pr... 2013/06/13 03:33:47
    RH
    When you see someone late at night hop a fence, aimlessly walking around late at night... you stop and talk to them. You walk around my house late at night, I don't care what color your skin is, you will be spoken too. I will find out wtf you are doing. Don't like it? Don't care. My house, my neighborhood. If I don't know who you are and why you are there... I'll say something. You can resent anything you want, I really don't care.
  • Nightmusic RH 2013/06/13 22:06:10
    Nightmusic
    +4
    The cops told him to walk away from it.
  • RH Nightmusic 2013/06/13 22:10:01
    RH
    not the point of my comments. But thanks for responding.
  • RobHom RH 2013/06/14 20:12:03
    RobHom
    +1
    And yet, though Zimmerman had ample chance to stop and talk to Martin, he never bothered to.... Look where that path led him.

Me, I'm like you...I'd be talking and asking questions....
  • Dion Pr... RH 2013/09/17 00:31:01
    Dion Prince
    " . You walk around my house late at night,
    I don't care what color your skin is, you will be
    spoken too" sure. IF some one is walking around YOUR property. But in this case it wouldnt be YOUR property. It was COMMON property thus you would have bern commiting a crime called harassment under florida statute 784.048

A couple of incorrect things you posted
    1 zimm never saw martin hop a fence
    2 martin wasnt walking around aimlessly. He had a destination where he was invited and legally allowed to be without being acosted by an unknown man
    3 its not his (zimmerman) house. Martin was on common property. So zimmor you for that matter have no legitimacy nor authority to ask him anything

Now im finished showing you where your entire statement was incorrect. Get your facts straight before showing ur ignorance
  • Adi Dion Pr... 2013/06/13 22:11:45
    Adi
    +5
    Ummmm trying to come back from 7-11 to head back to his Dad's place (in that gated community).
    I know what you are saying because when ever I would be with my boyfriend in Daytona Beach Shores we would get stopped EVERY TIME. I certainly would ask the officer why he stopped me? The answer I got every time was - are you buying drugs from this man? Yes I am white he was black. So I informed him I wanted his badge number and for him to call his supervisor because he just "racial profiled" me and my boyfriend and did an illegally stop. yes - made that cop look mighty stupid!!!

I feel what you are saying and it is a shame that people STILL think this way!!!
  • Nightmusic RH 2013/06/13 22:03:51 (edited)
    Nightmusic
    +4
    You mean walking in the rain looking spacey? ALL the kids in my neighborhood do that every day and so far no one has killed any of them. The cops told Zimmerman to walk away.
  • RH Nightmusic 2013/06/13 22:10:35
    RH
    Not the point of my comments.
  • carolynb RH 2013/06/13 23:42:01
    carolynb
    +3
    If I saw somebody acting suspicious, I would stay in my house and call police, and I certainly wouldnt call if he was just walking on the sidewalk.

2014/04/24 02:54:39