In 50 Years Will People Still Believe In God?

sodabox 2012/07/05 15:07:49
Related Topics: God, 50 Years

• MkB 2012/07/05 18:26:59 (edited)
    MkB
    +31
    When under 75 years of communistic rule, millions of Russians did. Despite ridicule, harassment, confiscation of religious property. Atheism was the accepted teaching. Religious beliefs will never perish.

• reaper Jackie 2012/08/19 09:22:21
    reaper
    and what about the single cellular organisms that are neither plant nor animal?

cellular organisms plant animal
  • sodabox Jackie 2012/07/22 16:32:02
    sodabox
    +1
    That's science, not history. Confused much?
  • reaper sodabox 2012/07/22 21:15:44
    reaper
    also i checked on the chariots in the red sea. first of all red sea was a mistranslation. second, http://www.truthorfiction.com...
  • sodabox reaper 2012/07/23 16:03:18
    sodabox
    Yeah, I think Jackie is trolling us.
  • reaper sodabox 2012/07/23 17:20:14
    reaper
    I've seen the "Scientific Fact or Principle, followed by Bible reference, followed by Date of discovery by man" list before. someone made it not expecting people like me to look at it.
  • sodabox reaper 2012/07/23 23:13:09
    sodabox
    Yeah, religion relies on having people that don't question things. I spent a lot of time in church growing up and I don't remember anyone in the congregation ever asking a question during service. Sheeple.
  • Jackie sodabox 2012/07/27 03:03:34
    Jackie
    It is a history of science also.
  • Jackie sodabox 2012/08/18 23:57:03
    Jackie
    You think there is no science in history. All science pertains to only today? Wow, whos' confused?
  • seathan... Jackie 2012/07/06 22:07:59
    seathanaich
    Um, no. There's a reason why the Catholic Pope, the Anglican Archbishop of Canterbury, and all other Christian leaders are alarmed about the decline of their religion.

Population increases, but religion declines in all educated and free societies.
  • Jackie seathan... 2012/07/13 03:04:35
    Jackie
    No Christianity is the fastest growing religion all around the World.
  • seathan... Jackie 2012/08/15 21:36:02
    seathanaich
    +1
    People who peddle Christianity tell people it is. It isn't, of course. In its "traditional" areas it is dying - Europe, North America, and Australia. Sure, some African animal-worshippers are converting to Christianity, but that's an education issue. Since you made three separate posts to reply to mine, I'm pretty sure that no amount of rational discussion is going to be possible with you, but there it is.
  • Jackie seathan... 2012/07/13 03:44:19
    Jackie
    Sorry Christianity is the fastest growing rleigion today. Putting your trust in todays media is merely inane. Your facts are completly wrong.
  • Jackie seathan... 2012/07/21 22:08:51
    Jackie
    No, but there is a reason the media wants you to have such a wrong impression. Yes.

It suits their agenda, and you oblige them.
  • reaper Jackie 2012/07/22 04:27:11
    reaper
    +1
    the only ones with an agenda are christian fundies. and the reason they are working so hard to get more followers is because they are losing ground and they know it. and they are willing to lie about anything just to get more people in to have power and influence over. here is an example, telling everyone atheists hate america?

losing ground lie people power influence telling atheists hate america
    losing ground lie people power influence telling atheists hate americalosing ground lie people power influence telling atheists hate america
  • 16 2012/07/06 00:44:18
    16
    +1
    I highly doubt many though.
  • amazinggrace 2012/07/05 23:24:01
    amazinggrace
    +5
    Assuming mankind is still here in 50 years I think people will still believe in God. Maybe more so than they do now.
  • hannah 2012/07/05 22:44:30
    hannah
    +2
    because He will rule and reign 100% by then. and then there will be no sadness or lack of helping hands or judgemental jerks anymore. just pure love with meaning to it and everyone working together and being strong TOGETHER. no more fighting ones own battle and no more NEEDING to fight a battle. no more foolish world as it is now. so yes by then ALL will believe in Love aka Yeshua aka Shakinah aka God aka Our Lord
  • sodabox hannah 2012/07/05 22:48:38
    sodabox
    +1
    He is coming soon? Jesus told his followers they would see judgment day within their lifetime. They are long dead and gone, didn't happen. So, has Jesus told you when then new date is set for judgment day? Has he told you why it didn't happen in his follower's lifetime?

“Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.”

- Matthew 24:34

“all these things,” which clearly implies the coming of Christ in glory described in verses 27-31 and 37-41.

What's going to happen to your pets when you get raptured? Shouldn't not let christians drive or fly planes?
  • hannah sodabox 2012/07/06 00:44:28
    hannah
    +2
    its out of Christian's control (well at least the ones going up) whether or not they are driving a bus,plane, etc. or trying to diffuse a bomb or working at an amusement park machine. theres no time or date. whether or not you believe is your choice but as long as I MYSELF knows its coming thats all that matters and neither you nor anyone else can change my mind or make me doubt it. SO have a nice day
  • sodabox hannah 2012/07/06 13:37:54
    sodabox
    Epilepsy is also not controllable an we don't let epileptic people drive or fly planes.
  • hannah sodabox 2012/07/06 15:51:10
    hannah
    epilepsy is a condition. Christianity is a religion (although i much prefer to call it a "way of life" considering religion makes it seems o straight forward. its more of a lifestyle although one has to accept Christ first to become a Christian. well at least REAL Christianity is lived as a lifestyle. with or without church). Christianity is not a condition. and besides not allowing Christians to fly planes or anything like that wouldnt be fair anyway to the ones whose dream it has always been to be a pilot. i wouldnt want to. i want to be a nurse but some other Christians may want to fly a plane or whatever. :P
  • sodabox hannah 2012/07/06 19:00:40
    sodabox
    Christianity is a mental condition. It isn't a religion, it is a death cult.
  • hannah sodabox 2012/07/06 22:44:19
    hannah
    +1
    well whatever floats your boat. thats how you see things so im not going to change it. of course i dont think that is a nice way of putting it since its basically saying that me and other Christians have mental problems since we are Christian. thats predjudiced and not nice, but whatever. im not about to stop you from thinking im crazy because im Christian. thats entirely up to you...as are my feelings and beliefs are entirely up to me.
  • sodabox hannah 2012/07/07 02:48:53
    sodabox
    You would think someone that believes Elvis is still alive has a mental problem, wouldn't you? Well, christians think Jesus is still alive. Same thing.

• hannah sodabox 2012/07/07 03:53:44
    hannah
    im not feeding anything into anyones head. people can think what they want. hey im not dissing you for your belief so id appreciate if you dont call me insane.surely you have enough decency to not call me insane just because i believe differently than you...right? :)
  • sodabox hannah 2012/07/07 18:58:37
    sodabox
    I will stop when people like you stop trying to get your religion into my kid's science class and when god is off the money.
  • hannah sodabox 2012/07/09 15:13:48 (edited)
    hannah
    why are you telling ME this. am I the one trying to get Christianity in to your child's science class? NO. so save it for those people.if you have something to say to them say it to THEM because i am NOT them as you can see.
  • sodabox hannah 2012/07/09 15:33:30
    sodabox
    If you are a christian then you fly-cover for them from time to time. You my not realize it, but you do. If you come to chritianity's defense in any way, you are helping it to do bad things.
  • hannah sodabox 2012/07/09 15:41:44
    hannah
    eh. whatever you say then. im not going to agitate your paranoia any further by going on with this. think what you want. and as i said earlier have a nice day
  • sodabox hannah 2012/07/10 20:36:37
    sodabox
    Time for you to punt? XD
  • hannah sodabox 2012/07/11 01:43:09
    hannah
    huh? im confused as to what you mean by that?
  • sodabox hannah 2012/07/11 01:55:15
    sodabox
    Means you give up.
  • hannah sodabox 2012/07/11 02:06:07
    hannah
    i dont feel the need to go on with something pointless. it would be childish to go back and forth about this.
  • Marie sodabox 2012/07/06 22:50:51
    Marie
    Certainly seems to bother you! Faith is given
  • sodabox Marie 2012/07/07 02:46:52
    sodabox
    It does bother me because christians keep trying to teach there crap it my kid in her science class and I want your imaginary god off the money.
  • Marie sodabox 2012/07/08 20:56:39
    Marie
    Maybe you should bless your child with an open mind!
  • sodabox Marie 2012/07/10 20:38:37
    sodabox
    This is what I am teaching her about having an open mind.

• Tarheel sodabox 2012/07/07 19:16:33
    Tarheel
    How is it a death cult, when one of the main parts is the fact that every Christian believes that they will have life even after death? There are cults that have committed suicide but those are usually under an egotistical leader who believes himself to be God or Jesus. People that follow those cults should know it is not biblical. Your focus (as a Christian) should be on Jesus and not any one person acting as if they were the second coming (historical reference: Jim Jones).
  • sodabox Tarheel 2012/07/07 19:27:09
    sodabox
    Death cults revolve around celebrating human sacrifice (like Jesus on the cross). I think that sums up christianity, don't you? Blood cults drink blood in ceremony, christians do that too. It's symbolic but that still counts. So, christianity is a blood-death cult. Now you know.
  • Tarheel sodabox 2012/07/07 19:36:41
    Tarheel
    +1
    No you're wrong. The point of Jesus dying on the cross was that He paid for the sins of His people. Prior to that, there were animal sacrifices. Anyone that drinks blood in a ceremony is not a Christian. There is the symbolic wine (or in Baptist Churches grape juice) and crackers. It is not a death cult and is not a cult in any way, shape or form.

2014/10/30 16:48:15